Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."  (Read 20945 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« on: February 04, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cant-remember-current-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashbas-name/

The last time he couldn't remember Tommy's name. This is just painfully stupid.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »

He is so evil  Cheesy

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »

Its pretty petty and childish, but...I don't know.

Can we really throw stones on either of those fronts?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »

I will give the current band and recent past members credit

They seem to have nothing but respect and nothing but possitive things to say about the original guys.    I like that.

Same can't be said about Slash.  Where he comes off as very rude in a lot of his interviews
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »

Well, to play devil's advocate, Slash's memories of a lot of things are hazy at best.  Have you read Slash's book?  He gets his own birthplace wrong!  And, among other stories, his stories regarding Paul Stanley were heavily refuted by Paul in his own book.

Stanley said things like... "decades later, Slash's memory of that night was faulty at best.  This is why attorneys don't want drug addicts or substance abusers taking the witness stand."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »

Well, shitting on the old guys isn't going to go over.

Look at the crap Axl takes for acting like such a child about Slash.  And he at least has credibility with the fans.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »

Its pretty petty and childish, but...I don't know.

Can we really throw stones on either of those fronts?

Of course not ! Which is why it's so comical.

The guy in the top hat ... Lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »

Well, shitting on the old guys isn't going to go over.

Look at the crap Axl takes for acting like such a child about Slash.  And he at least has credibility with the fans.

I havnt heard anything negative from Axl regarding the old line up or slash specificly in years. 

In fact interviews from current band members have said axl like to joke around and tell stories about the old line up and the old days....    That seems pretty possitive

If this was my first ex band.  The band that I still make the majority of my yearly salary off.  Royalties....   I sure would know every detail of the band.  Especially if they are guitar players....    Playing my stuff...    Not to say yes u don't know the guys name is childish
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »

He is so evil  Cheesy

He can't deal with the fact that GN'R can exist without him.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
italian queen
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »

hihi
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »

Or maybe he can, so well in fact that he doesn't need to even know their names.   ok
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 06:37:04 AM »

Or maybe he can, so well in fact that he doesn't need to even know their names.   ok
But takes legal action against the band months before they plan to release a live dvd.

Yeah right.

Im pretty positive that Slash knows very well who is playing his old songs to bigger audiences than slach,chlash,(damn, what was his name again) is.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »

But takes legal action against the band months before they plan to release a live dvd.

Yeah right.

Im pretty positive that Slash knows very well who is playing his old songs to bigger audiences than slach,chlash,(damn, what was his name again) is.

I dont know where to begin with this one lol maybe just maybe he just forgot his name... or maybe he meant he couldn't remember his real name compared to his stage name... (Dj Ashba)..

a)how do you know the people responsible for the DVD didn't make a mistake in paying Slash the proper royalties or obtain the proper authorization... how do you know it was Slash's fault? Maybe there is something that I missed

b) he is a professional musician... thats how he makes a living... maybe you're independently wealthy and can make all of ur choices without caring how you feed ur family... i don't know... i'm quite sure ur beloved present GNR members all make decisions based on money as well... Slash is a solo artist... he has to promote his brand at all times... he doesn't have a big band name to promote his work

c) Slash has a very successful album and tour going at present time... its been very well received even if its not "ur thing" .. and he does it without the benefit of a famous band name nor a famous singer... so I think he is doing alright.. and not too worried about how many people Ron, DJ and Richard get to play in front of

I understand that a lot of fans here don't like Slash because he is enemy number 1 with Axl... but I really don't get why... I don't root for either side or really care how they feel about each other... I'm glad both are out and performing for whoever appreciates either of one them.

With all that said... I DO understand how the comment looks...it does look like a shot... but as fans of Guns N Roses music... I don't understand the taking sides...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »

I also suggest you read some other GNR sites where they talk more about this stuff... there is a VERY popular belief that Perla is behind all of the dumb evil shit  Slash has done in regards to GNR and lawsuits and stuff like that being she was in charge of his financials and affairs...

now that she is not in the picture... hopefully that kind of stuff will go away

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »

I'd say there are probably two household names associated with Guns N? Roses, and DJ Ashba ain?t one of 'em.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »

Yeah right.

a)how do you know the people responsible for the DVD didn't make a mistake in paying Slash the proper royalties or obtain the proper authorization... how do you know it was Slash's fault? Maybe there is something that I missed

Rockfuel said that one of original gnr members is behind the delay of the dvd.

I dont see how taking a shot on ashba (thats how i see it) helps promote Slashes solo career. For the record, i have nothing against his solo career.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 10:46:50 AM »

Yeah right.

Rockfuel said that one of original gnr members is behind the delay of the dvd.

I dont see how taking a shot on ashba (thats how i see it) helps promote Slashes solo career. For the record, i have nothing against his solo career.

Well there ya go.... how do you know it was Slash? and if it was .. maybe they didn't get the proper ok from his side from the get go ?

I don't think he was trying to promote his solo career by saying anything about DJ. I was just referencing Slash has to push his brand more than say an Axl has to... Axl can just show up whenever he wants and people are going to come out because he is the singer... the frontman.. and the big star with the big band name. In order for Slash to make a good living playing music.. he has to promote himself in a different fashion... nothing to do with this comment about DJ.

Plus I just read that this french interview is possibly a few years old actually... so that would change thins in regards to how you can view what he said. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:50:58 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »

I also suggest you read some other GNR sites where they talk more about this stuff...

Actually, relying on user comments on websites to provide me factual information is the last thing I would do.

there is a VERY popular belief that Perla is behind

A VERY popular belief is still a belief, not a fact, and it makes a larger statement about the people willing to believe it just because they read it on a website.

all of the dumb evil shit

"Dumb evil shit" is certainly a statement of opinion, not fact.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »

I also suggest you read some other GNR sites where they talk more about this stuff...

Actually, relying on user comments on websites to provide me factual information is the last thing I would do.

there is a VERY popular belief that Perla is behind

A VERY popular belief is still a belief, not a fact, and it makes a larger statement about the people willing to believe it just because they read it on a website.

all of the dumb evil shit

"Dumb evil shit" is certainly a statement of opinion, not fact.

Well it's a good thing I never said any of that is fact... just that there are many different opinions on the subject.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »

i cant remember one note that the dude, the name i forgot, did write for Axl.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: