Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."  (Read 20779 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »

i cant remember one note that the dude, the name i forgot, did write for Axl.

His name is two letters. It's not that difficult to remember.

Here it is in this pic:

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »

i cant remember one note that the dude, the name i forgot, did write for Axl.

His name is two letters. It's not that difficult to remember.

Here it is in this pic:

/jarmo

As much as I am doing my best to warm up to DJ.  I still can't get over the make up and always done up look

Mb Slash, who is a old school rocker, feels the same.   

Or he just honestly forgot his name

Or it was just a d-bag comment
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 01:32:43 AM »

Uhm, that was scary, Jarmo. puuuh, what a pic......

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 08:10:37 AM »

You can also see him on the latest GN'R release, which I'm sure you own since it's the first GN'R live video since 1992.

Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:23:50 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »

The guy with the top hat? that one who is playing the almighty SCOM-solo? it aint Slash?!?!?  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »

Exactly. I'm sure you're aware of it since you're at a GN'R fan site in 2015....  ok

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »

Good for Slash!!! I wish I could forget  Ashba
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 07:12:36 PM »

I wish I could forget  Ashba

That's a weird thing to say about a member of your favorite band....

No, I'm not serious. I've seen the bias. No need to act.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »

Is it? 

Look, I'm long on record saying DJ gets an unreasonably hard time from some fans.

But, let's not all take stupid pills here.  That "favorite band" designation was formed 25 years ago.  And DJ Ashba had nothing to do with the affection or that label.

If he left tomorrow, who bats an eye?  We can't just ignore that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »

I wish I could forget  Ashba

No, I'm not serious. I've seen the bias. No need to act.  ok

/jarmo

He is not a member of my favorite band. He is just a guy who gets paid to pretend he is a lead a guitar. He is not Eddie Van Halen, he is not Angus Young, he is not Keith Richards, he is not Jimmy Page. He will never be any of those guys, not even close.

He is not making music history neither with Axl nor with Sixx AM. I don?t care if he is nominated in some magazine. For the most part the guy is a total nobody and the general public don?t know his name either.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 05:52:31 AM »

Rockfuel said that one of original gnr members is behind the delay of the dvd.

- So it could even have been Axl himself - he's an original gnr member - and it wouldn't be the first time he delayed a release.
- Slash isn't an original gnr member (Axl Rose, Tracii Guns, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Robbie Gardner) so he couldn't be the reason for the delay.  rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »

He is not a member of my favorite band.

What's your favorite band then?

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »

While obviously a couple of people here have used this thread to take an obvious shot at an easy target...

DJ has nothing to do with any of the GNR discography... That's nothing against him... just the way it is..

I could be hired to be Ron's replacement in Guns N Roses... why should fans of the band automatically love me?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:02 AM »

He is not a member of my favorite band.

What's your favorite band then?

/jarmo

Guns N?Roses, not this sort of tribute band.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 11:16:47 AM »

Guns N´Roses, not this sort of tribute band.

The band is Guns N' Roses. Look at your copy of Appetite For Democracy.  ok

I could be hired to be Ron's replacement in Guns N Roses... why should fans of the band automatically love me?

If you were, I'd at least expect people to show some respect on a fan site. But once again, I'm hoping for too much. It's too much to ask for people who are fans of something that ceased to exist over 20 years ago to move on instead of going to fan sites and disrespecting the band that kept going.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:18:58 AM by jarmo » Logged

Princess Leia
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »

If you were, I'd at least expect people to show some respect on a fan site. But once again, I'm hoping for too much. It's too much to ask for people who are fans of something that ceased to exist over 20 years ago to move on instead of going to fan sites and disrespecting the band that kept going.

/jarmo

Wrong again, I didn?t buy that Appetite For Bullshit thing. If the DVD would?ve been the show with Izzy as a guest then maybe I would?ve bought that one. I regret buying CD. Nor I bought that other Greatest Hits album, songs that I already have in oficial albums, videos and bootlegs. I don?t buy whatever thing that has the GN?R name attached to it only for the sake of the name.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »

Is that what people are saying?

Or are people saying this band, as presently constituted, is not their "favorite band of all time"?

Your inability to separate the two is a big problem for you.  You are so committed to the straight line narrative that this has all been on continuous journey.  I don't expect you to change your viewpoint, but it sure seems to lead to us slogging through the same conversations.

Most of us don't see a band "that kept going."  We see a band that broke up, a new one with different people was cobbled together to perform under this name, and we all just make the best of it.

Why are we terrible people?  Why is the only acceptable version of events that its all been organic, when it clearly has not?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

Wrong again, I didn?t buy that Appetite For Bullshit thing. If the DVD would?ve been the show with Izzy as a guest then maybe I would?ve bought that one. I regret buying CD. Nor I bought that other Greatest Hits album, songs that I already have in oficial albums, videos and bootlegs. I don?t buy whatever thing that has the GN?R name attached to it only for the sake of the name.

Well, this is rather different.

I can get onboard with your not accepting Jarmo's fantasy version of events.  But based on what you are saying, there is literally nothing they can do you be interested in, right?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »

So in other words, you're a fan of something that hasn't existed in over 20 years. Why are you here then?

Why are we terrible people?  Why is the only acceptable version of events that its all been organic, when it clearly has not?

I wasn't even talking to poor you.
No need for your pity party.

If somebody comes here and wishes they could forget Dj and calling the band a tribute act, they're on the wrong site for the wrong fucking reasons. Simple really.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »

/jarmo

Well I did say people were going too far.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: