Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash about DJ Ashba: "I can't remember his name."  (Read 20780 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »

Why am I hare? Hope I guess. I?m interested in Axl. The same way I care about Slash or Adler. I went to see them. It?s  Like  a kid with divorced parents, the kid spends time with both of them depite the fact that the may never be together again. If the mother marries some other guy, is that guy the kid?s father? Does the kid have the obligation to call that other man dad? Does the kid have the obligation to love the other guy?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »

It?s  Like  a kid with divorced parents, the kid spends time with both of them depite the fact that the may never be together again. If the mother marries some other guy, is that guy the kid?s father? Does the kid have the obligation to call that other man dad? Does the kid have the obligation to love the other guy?

You mean instead of holding a grudge against the guy for making the biological parents get divorced?

Nobody mentioned love. That's your idea.
I said respect. Show some.

You act like it's the current band's fault that the old band imploded about 25 years ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »

Why am I hare? Hope I guess. I?m interested in Axl. The same way I care about Slash or Adler. I went to see them. It?s  Like  a kid with divorced parents, the kid spends time with both of them depite the fact that the may never be together again. If the mother marries some other guy, is that guy the kid?s father? Does the kid have the obligation to call that other man dad? Does the kid have the obligation to love the other guy?

Interesting take.

Its just that for all my "fake fandom" and general awfulness, I do still want a new album, by these guys.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2015, 01:24:46 PM »

You act like it's the current band's fault that the old band imploded about 25 years ago.

But this band has lost, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of fans with that break-up.

Why aren't they the villains in your story? 

Or are you just a guy that always needs a villain?  Even if this now niche fanbase was whittled down even further, would you not be satisfied with the fat that got cut?  Would you then designate another group of what's left as the problem children? 

Does your gots to keep it real attitude mean the struggle never ends?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »

Wait! I never blame the new guys for the break up. And I decide who I like and respect. I never like nor respect Scott Weiland despite the fact that he was in a band with Slash and Duff. STP never was my cup of tea. And he has shown in the past and recently that he is an asshole

I can respect Buckethead. But I don?t like Ashba I find the guy annoying, not good enough to be a lead guitar worthy of Axl Rose. And I?m not going to like him just because he is performing with Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »

But this band has lost, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of fans with that break-up.

Why aren't they the villains in your story? 

Or are you just a guy that always needs a villain?  Even if this now niche fanbase was whittled down even further, would you not be satisfied with the fat that got cut?  Would you then designate another group of what's left as the problem children? 

Does your gots to keep it real attitude mean the struggle never ends?

What villains? For a guy who has such a high opinion about yourself and your own intelligence, you sure don't act like it.
I'm not gonna explain to you who this site is for again! I've explained that enough times to you already. I'm not gonna do it again.

I can respect Buckethead. But I don?t like Ashba I find the guy annoying, not good enough to be a lead guitar worthy of Axl Rose. And I?m not going to like him just because he is performing with Axl.

You respect Buckethead yet you regret buying the GN'R album he plays on.
I still don't get why you're here. You regret buying the latest album. You have shown zero interest in anything the band will do in the future (unless it's that magical reunion).
You're interested in Axl? You've managed to disrespect basically everything he's done in the past few years. Is that the interest?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 04:28:48 PM »

Yeah CD is boring. It lacks attitude,anger and fun. It has too many balads and songs about Axl?s issues with ex girlfriends.  And an industrial sound that has nothing to do with GN?R. Butckethead was capable to play the right way the solos and intros of the old songs. On the other hand we have DJ saying in a interview that Riad was too hard for him to play   Roll Eyes

Yes, I?m interested to see what Axl does next, even if next means retirement or something else that it might have nothing to do with music. Unlike other fans I?m not desperate for a new album. IF it at some point there is one I?m gonna give it a chance. I?m interested in hering Axl?s voice in an abum and hopefully a YCBM Or WTTJ type of song. I believe it?s better to have a reunion instead of this revolving door band. I think not a single GN?R fan was happy with the break up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 05:23:55 PM »

Yeah CD is boring. It lacks attitude,anger and fun. It has too many balads and songs about Axl´s issues with ex girlfriends.  And an industrial sound that has nothing to do with GN´R. Butckethead was capable to play the right way the solos and intros of the old songs.

Haha. Sounds like somebody really looked hard for reasons not to like the album.
You'd rather have songs about Axl's neighbor, the media and drugs? Can't write those songs all the time you know... Besides, you don't seem to like lyrics that are based on personal experiences.

The "sound that has nothing to do with GN'R" is interesting excuse, considering some thought a piano didn't belong in GN'R. And look what happened. One of their biggest songs is a piano (ballad) song!

Many of us love that part of GN'R. That it's not like Poison.

On the other hand we have DJ saying in a interview that Riad was too hard for him to play   Roll Eyes

I don't remember seeing that interview. Do you have a link?

Yes, I´m interested to see what Axl does next, even if next means retirement or something else that it might have nothing to do with music. Unlike other fans I´m not desperate for a new album. IF it at some point there is one I´m gonna give it a chance. I´m interested in hering Axl´s voice in an abum and hopefully a YCBM Or WTTJ type of song. I believe it´s better to have a reunion instead of this revolving door band. I think not a single GN´R fan was happy with the break up.

Happy? Maybe not, but many either found another band to obsesses over or accepted the reality. Instead of pretending to be interested twenty years later and carrying a chip on their shoulder.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »

This is a legit question.

Was there any love for this guy beforehand?  Was anyone here going to buy a Ron Thal solo album if he never joined?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »

Yeah CD is boring.

I don't know if its boring.

But, if Axl did not have a built in fanbase, does it get noticed on its own?  I was never sure.

If this was truly a debut album from a new band, how does it do?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 06:03:48 PM »

I can respect Buckethead. But I don´t like Ashba I find the guy annoying, not good enough to be a lead guitar worthy of Axl Rose. And I´m not going to like him just because he is performing with Axl.

This is a legit question.

Was there any love for this guy beforehand?  Was anyone here going to buy a Ron Thal solo album if he never joined?

Was anybody here into Road Crew? No?
GN'R exposed a lot of people to musicians who were in the band. It's nothing new, please stop acting like it. Cheesy

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »

Yeah CD is boring.

I don't know if its boring.

But, if Axl did not have a built in fanbase, does it get noticed on its own?  I was never sure.

If this was truly a debut album from a new band, how does it do?

I find it boring. That doesn?t mean that the whole world has to find it boring as well. We have 14 songs and a lot of balads but not epic ballads. I don?t find good intros. Take a look at YCBM or NR. I really miss that. Those are the things I look forward in a GN?R album. I always love Axl?s anger. I belive he has plenty of reasons to be angry. I wish he could make songs with all the press release he has issued. All I hear is self pitty, defeat, and sadness in a lot of songs. Still he could a lot better with those fillings like he did in Breakdown or Coma. And other songs are really por like Chinese Democracy itself or If The World. There are a few things worthy like in Sorry "I kick your ass the way I say I would do" I want to hear more of that!!! But not in a  ballad.

A lot of people didn?t pay any attention to CD for many reasons. Back in the 90 there were a lot of fair whether fans, a lot of people who only like the hits and they bought the albums just for that. Add the break up, the changes in the industry, radio and MTV and technology. I don?t think it was an album debut. Axl never made the impression that was the case.

Axl is not getting the good advice. He has to be more like get in the ring type of guy to get the 18 year old guys and he needs to be sexy like he was in the 90s so he can get the 15 year old girls. If he can?t have the teens among the fan base somehow he can?t sell 10 million albums. And he needs more visibility. He should be using twitter and Facebook more often.He needs to do things to get media attention. I find it a miracle that Jim Rome  talked about him in his t.v. show the day of his birthday
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 07:44:27 PM »

So in other words, you want Axl to be the idea of the perfect Axl that exists in your mind instead of being himself.
November Rain has a good intro and Street Of Dreams doesn't? Those aren't that far apart.

I'm glad the man's got integrity. Instead of catering to teenagers like One Direction.... ok

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »

It?s  Like  a kid with divorced parents, the kid spends time with both of them depite the fact that the may never be together again. If the mother marries some other guy, is that guy the kid?s father? Does the kid have the obligation to call that other man dad? Does the kid have the obligation to love the other guy?

You mean instead of holding a grudge against the guy for making the biological parents get divorced?

Nobody mentioned love. That's your idea.
I said respect. Show some.

/jarmo

I think she made her point very clear.

Doesn't like the new band

And is interested with Axl

Nothing wrong with that.   Not to many places to go to hear and talk about Axl
Princess Leia
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 05:03:47 AM »

So in other words, you want Axl to be the idea of the perfect Axl that exists in your mind instead of being himself.
November Rain has a good intro and Street Of Dreams doesn't? Those aren't that far apart.

I'm glad the man's got integrity. Instead of catering to teenagers like One Direction.... ok

/jarmo

Yes Street Of Dreams and NR are very far apart. But SOD is still a decent power ballad. Anyway I?m not asking Axl to be One Direction. D-X was concerned at the lack of sales and hundreds of thousends of fans that are longer there. I pointed out several reasons for that. And the fact that Axl is not appealing to teens is just one of them. For me the amount of sales is not important but for the record company is. Unfortunately they care about profit.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 08:17:12 AM »

You were talking about intros of songs. I pointed out that they aren't that different. Pianos driven songs.

First you talk about how you like the intro to November Rain, and then you point out that you don't really like Street Of Dreams that much.
I'm sorry but it just seems to me that you're looking for reasons not to like anything about the album.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

Axl is not getting the good advice.

To him, he is.  He's getting what he wants to hear.

Dude doesn't exactly have a "team of rivals" mindset.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »

Since you want Axl to be more angry, I want you to be less angry and more open minded.

And move on.

Thanks.  peace

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »

/jarmo

I like to call SOD "Yesterday's Rain"..... Grin
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:33:41 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: