Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 78638 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #460 on: February 19, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »

I think the problem was that I did understand it.

I understood what you were frantically trying to sell, but I'm just not buying it.

It happens.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #461 on: February 19, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »

You're so busy! Cheesy
Thanks for that. Hahahahahahaha.

"Sorry, I couldn't post something nice, I was busy whining in the other threads".
Priceless.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, we had 2 spirited threads going yesterday about the future of this band...

...but because I didn't decide to hop out of them and venture into a thread about DJ hugging some kid and post a smiley thumbs up emoticon, I'm out to get the guy?

Cheesy Cheesy

I'm sorry. If I had known it was my fault that you couldn't post something nice, I might have posted less. Is there a limit of how many posts you're allowed to read in a day? It might be good to know for the future, if something nice happens, so we can make sure you got time to respond to it.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:20:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #462 on: February 19, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

Jarmo good chap,

TWAT and Better are my favourite songs on CD

Have I fulfilled my positivity quota for today?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »

You can never fulfill that quota.

Maybe on other sites you would've been labeled a zealot, an ass kisser, brainwashed and weirdo though. But that's the rest of the Internet and you don't need to worry about it here.
Anyway, I'm glad you're not too busy to think of something nice, once in a while. Thanks!

Wasn't that difficult was it? Try it more often! Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:29:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #464 on: February 19, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »

Jarmo good chap,

TWAT and Better are my favourite songs on CD

Have I fulfilled my positivity quota for today?

'There Was A Time' and 'IRS' for me.

But 'Better' has the best vocals on the album.  Very strong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »

I like IRS also. Very strong, old gnr, vibe. That would probably be my third pick.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #466 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

I like IRS also. Very strong, old gnr, vibe. That would probably be my third pick.

Yet I see people on the forums that just hate it.  I don't get it. 

I'm with you.  It could have been an old GNR tune.

mortismurphy
« Reply #467 on: February 19, 2015, 04:35:03 PM »

I think CD had its flaws but I feel, if Axl is producing a few songs each album of that calibre (Better, TWAT, IRS), he is in, the right place. I am rather holding out on him having a few more of them in the vaults.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #468 on: February 19, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »

I think CD had its flaws but I feel, if Axl is producing a few songs each album of that calibre (Better, TWAT, IRS), he is in, the right place. I am rather holding out on him having a few more of them in the vaults.

I think the album has several standout tracks.  Its just a shame that songs like 'There Was A Time' and 'Prostitute' are hard to pull off live.

However, he was getting TWAT right by the end of Vegas, and the version of 'Prostitute' from that same tour was miles better than the 2 attempts at it in 2009.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #469 on: February 19, 2015, 05:34:36 PM »

Being a bit puzzled or questioning the need some of you seem to have to look for things to try to make the band members look bad, that's not frustration.

But at times, I think you read more into things and make things bigger deals then they are.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I asked for potential reading material yesterday and you went on a multi post diatribe, creating an argument for me, arguing against it, and accusing me of deflection.

Again..there is a lot of irony in the things you post, sometimes. Because you often embody either the same things, or the direct opposite side of the coin.

You get that, right?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #470 on: February 19, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »

I think the album has several standout tracks.  Its just a shame that songs like 'There Was A Time' and 'Prostitute' are hard to pull off live.

However, he was getting TWAT right by the end of Vegas, and the version of 'Prostitute' from that same tour was miles better than the 2 attempts at it in 2009.

By the end of the Vegas residency, they sounded really, really good [note: positive post] and that, coupled with Axl's interview, left you wanting more and there was a sense of hope that we would be hearing new music from them in the next year or so.  My hope is that recent interviews or BBF's departure doesn't derail that train.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #471 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »

faves on Chinese are TWAT, IRS, Prostitute, and Catcher in the Rye for me.....coincidentally heavily influenced by the combo of Rose/Tobias.

*plus on 3 of them sick solos by Buckethead. Wink
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:54:32 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #472 on: February 19, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »

faves on Chinese are TWAT, IRS, Prostitute, and Catcher in the Rye for me.....coincidentally heavily influenced by the combo of Rose/Tobias.

*plus on 3 of them sick solos by Buckethead. Wink

The CITR solo is Ron.  And its a mess, I think.

I really dug that leak with Brian May.  But the version on the album didn't make it for me.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #473 on: February 19, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »

Not talking about the CITR solo...which I don't think is bad. Just the three others. I like Catcher because of the lyrics and everything else going on in the song.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #474 on: February 19, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »

They could go on as a 7 piece, if it meant reworking those Buckethead solos between DJ and Richard, and Chris transposing some of the hard to play solos and riffs to keyboard. Nine Inch Nails does the opposite,  it's all Trent on computers and the touring band has to figure out how to play it live.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #475 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

Not talking about the CITR solo...which I don't think is bad. Just the three others. I like Catcher because of the lyrics and everything else going on in the song.

I thought the song had a nice melody and a nice flow.

But that solo of Ron's is far too busy and I don't think really fits the song's tone.  When I make playlists on my iPod, I still use the leak.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #476 on: February 20, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »

I asked for potential reading material yesterday and you went on a multi post diatribe, creating an argument for me, arguing against it, and accusing me of deflection.

Look I missed this one in yesterday's excitement.  Sorry about that.

To be honest, I never even considered the "hey man, I'm just looking for reading material" angle.  And that's because I would not even think that was a thing.  By virtue of you posting here, clearly, you have a computer.  You have access to Google.  I would think if there was something you wanted to read, you would just do so.  I never really considered you would have to sit patiently until someone provided you with a link.  Never entered my mind.

No, my interpretation of your post pushing back against mortismurphy's claim that you don't have to look real hard to find evidence people question the legitimacy of this whole thing being just the usual "loyal fan" routine.  That you took offense to something that, while it doesn't exist within these 4 walls, pretty much exists everywhere else.  And by what appeared to be you trying to restrict the search fro proof of such, and setting the parameters of what you'd accept on the matter, you were attempting to shape the argument to get the result you wanted.

So that's why the disconnect on that one.  No big deal.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #477 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »

I think Slash would have killed on CITR.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #478 on: February 20, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »

I think Slash would have killed on CITR.

I agree.  Would have liked to have heard him take a stab at that one, 'Street Of Dreams', 'There Was A Time' and 'This I Love'

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #479 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »

Although Robin really does a great job on TIL.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: