Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:39:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"  (Read 23603 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« on: February 23, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10669552

Well...that's not encouraging.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »

Damn it! I'm stuck on my work laptop, and it won't play the interview.

GRRRRRRRR.......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »

I'm pretty sure as soon as there's something to be in the loop about, Tommy will be.
Again, making a mountain out of a molehill...

Wonder what the reaction would have been if he had answered like Dj or Richard. Cheesy

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:02:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »

Wonder what the reaction would have been if he had answered like Dj or Richard. Cheesy

In a way, he did.  We already have the two of them at odds with what they say, and now we have a third guy saying he doesn't know shit about shit.

All of this adds up to a pretty dysfunctional operation with a communication process that needs some work, to put it mildly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:40 AM »

What do you suggest they communicate to the band at this moment when nothing's going on?

The other two aren't at odds with what they say. Haha.

Besides, what's your point? Haven't you already pointed out that it doesn't matter what the others say?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:14:49 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »

Really a new thread for this , when it was pretty much discussed,lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »

Really a new thread for this , when it was pretty much discussed,lol

Oh, is the Tommy thing going in some other thread?  I didn't see it.

Merge this, if that's the case though.  But I did look before I posted.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »

Tommy says it's a cyclical thing with Guns, pretty much like he expects to hear from them when there's something happening.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »

I see both sides here... GNR is on hiatus... or so I have heard... So that is a great explanation for not anybody knowing anything!

but if GNR is looking at putting together the next record, as per Axl's words... shouldnt the guys in the band be a part of that process, or at least be clued in to where we are in that process?

I don't think the bass player in ANY BAND saying he is out of the loop is a good thing... nobody can convince me otherwise.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

Btw, I think it's ok to have this in a separate thread. It's a separate interview, so..

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »

Tommy says it's a cyclical thing with Guns, pretty much like he expects to hear from them when there's something happening.

Yeah... good point... BUT .. Especially with The Replacements starting to look like a full time thing... if GNR plans something on short notice (like they are known to do). It could lead to more conflicting dates for Tommy.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »

but if GNR is looking at putting together the next record, as per Axl's words... shouldnt the guys in the band be a part of that process, or at least be clued in to where we are in that process?

You'd think, yes. 

I don't think the bass player in ANY BAND saying he is out of the loop is a good thing... nobody can convince me otherwise.

Not even a little bit.

These are actually the answers I find most depressing.  When they are asked something about GNR and laugh at the question.  Laugh because they have no clue, but also laugh because they can't believe the interviewer is asking them.  Think about that.  A question about the band you are in draws laughter because you think its comical that people think you have any idea what's going on.

This is our "band" too much of the time, in my opinion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »

Once again, it depends on whether or not they need to be involved. Do you need Tommy there if his parts are done? No.

Tommy's actual quote: "And Guns, I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm kinda out of the loop a little bit. But, you know, that kinda goes into, that's the cyclical event there. "

Also, he says he knows nothing about the Replacements new album. Does that mean there's communication issues?  hihi

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

Yeah... good point... BUT .. Especially with The Replacements starting to look like a full time thing... if GNR plans something on short notice (like they are known to do). It could lead to more conflicting dates for Tommy.

I guess that's a problem the management has to deal with. We had that case last year when Duff filled in for Tommy.

But yes, there could potentially be conflicting dates. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe GNR isn't as "short notice" as they were a few years ago.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 11:28:18 AM »

Also, he says he knows nothing about the Replacements new album. Does that mean there's communication issues?  hihi

I doubt any of us care about that.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 11:30:06 AM »

I guess that's a problem the management has to deal with. We had that case last year when Duff filled in for Tommy.

But yes, there could potentially be conflicting dates. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe GNR isn't as "short notice" as they were a few years ago.

But there would be "big picture" things you would be aware of.

Such as a new album coming out or a tour planned.  Even if you didn't have exact dates, you think you would be told something for you own scheduling.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »

Once again, it depends on whether or not they need to be involved. Do you need Tommy there if his parts are done? No.

Tommy's actual quote: "And Guns, I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm kinda out of the loop a little bit. But, you know, that kinda goes into, that's the cyclical event there. "

/jarmo

Yes!! Especially in the Replacements where he is much closer to the top of the food chain... ha

And even if Tommy has not a note left to record... again.. shouldn't the bass player in the band at least have a clue? I would think..

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »

And even if Tommy has not a note left to record... again.. shouldn't the bass player in the band at least have a clue? I would think..

Only if his input mattered. 

Anyone saying that this can be done without him (or any of the others) is telling you their input doesn't really matter to Axl.  Which, while probably essentially true, is still sort of a bummer.  Its a bummer just to hear, but a double bummer to hear some people try and spin it as positive.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »

But there would be "big picture" things you would be aware of.

Such as a new album coming out or a tour planned.  Even if you didn't have exact dates, you think you would be told something for you own scheduling.

Sure.

I don't know how the management operates these days and it might be that they can improve on giving the band members more tentative info to plan on.

Btw, it seems like management is flexible in regards to conflicting dates. They were lucky that Duff could fill in last year, but before that they postponed a tour because it was in conflict with some of Richard's dates.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:46:23 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

The Replacements reformed because Paul Westerberg decided it was time and Tommy's been trying to get him to do it for a long time. It could also come to an end at any time. It's only an issue if Tommy gets the call from GnR management to get together and he's in the middle of working on Replacements material.

He still has his own band if GnR's in limbo and Paul doesn't want to bother with new music, but Tommy's also worked on Paul's solo projects over the years, same as Duff has with Izzy.

Bands have put albums out and didn't do a tour to support the album.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: