Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"  (Read 23620 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:48 AM »

Hey Guys, New Disc Of GNR Is Finish, Simply.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »

That seems to depend who, when, or where you ask.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »

Also, he says he knows nothing about the Replacements new album. Does that mean there's communication issues?  hihi

Hopeless analogy since the point is, whether there ever will be a Replacements album to begin with (not whether an album is, at this point, in the creation process). We have already been led to believe there will be another Guns N' Roses album - and indeed, have been told that the majority of it is already recorded.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:55:19 AM by mortismurphy » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 11:51:40 AM »

I guess that's a problem the management has to deal with. We had that case last year when Duff filled in for Tommy.

But yes, there could potentially be conflicting dates. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe GNR isn't as "short notice" as they were a few years ago.

But there would be "big picture" things you would be aware of.

Such as a new album coming out or a tour planned.  Even if you didn't have exact dates, you think you would be told something for you own scheduling.

Sure.

I don't know how the management operates these days and it might be that they can improve on giving the band members more tentative info to plan on.

Btw, it seems like management is flexible in regards to conflicting dates. They were lucky that Duff could fill in last year, but before that they postponed a tour because it was in conflict with some of Richard's dates.

That probably has a lot to do with how capable Duff is to just step right in at a moment's notice.. meaning he obviously knows most of the set list....(plus the draw of him playing ..I'm sure doesn't hurt)

A capable replacement for Richard might not be as easy to find.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

I guess that's a problem the management has to deal with. We had that case last year when Duff filled in for Tommy.

But yes, there could potentially be conflicting dates. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe GNR isn't as "short notice" as they were a few years ago.

Such as a new album coming out or a tour planned.  Even if you didn't have exact dates, you think you would be told something for you own scheduling.

Sure.

I don't know how the management operates these days and it might be that they can improve on giving the band members more tentative info to plan on.

Btw, it seems like management is flexible in regards to conflicting dates. They were lucky that Duff could fill in last year, but before that they postponed a tour because it was in conflict with some of Richard's dates.

That probably has a lot to do with how capable Duff is to just step right in at a moment's notice.. meaning he obviously knows most of the set list....(plus the draw of him playing ..I'm sure doesn't hurt)

Yes, that's what I said.

If Duff hadn't been available, they would probably have postponed dates. I'm not saying this is optimal, but it shows that management isn't out to create problems for the band members, rather some for themselves.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »

Sure.

Yes, that's what I said.

If Duff hadn't been available, they would probably have postponed dates. I'm not saying this is optimal, but it shows that management isn't out to create problems for the band members, rather some for themselves.

I agree. I NEVER have accused them of being purposefully problematic for people... Just the nature of how Axl works...

I have this image of him walking in tot he kitchen one morning and going... Beta!!!!!! Brazil!!! 7 shows... two weeks! Make it happen!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:43 PM »

That seems to depend who, when, or where you ask.

I am getting kind of tired of the mixed messages.  DJ talks about the tracks he's written, and how GNR plans to "sift" through the finished material.  Richard says work on it starts and stops.  Axl said it's done, and was supposed to be the main focus after Vegas....Here we are nearly a year later with still no official word on it. I mean c'mon. It's either coming or it isn't.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »

Does Axl even want to release a record this year?  We have no idea.  Just because he stated in the Revolver article that he was going to start looking into things, doesn't mean if had any intention of releasing new music anytime soon.  Maybe he wants to take this whole year off.  Problem is we get our hopes up for no reason.  Assume nothing until you're otherwise given specific, time-bound information.  Until then, assume Tommy, DJ, Richard, etc. do not need to be in the loop.  By the way, my sentiments in no way are a reflection of how I'd like to see this band work, but are simply just pointing out the obvious reality.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »

I am getting kind of tired of the mixed messages.  DJ talks about the tracks he's written, and how GNR plans to "sift" through the finished material.  Richard says work on it starts and stops.  Axl said it's done, and was supposed to be the main focus after Vegas....Here we are nearly a year later with still no official word on it. I mean c'mon. It's either coming or it isn't.

Seems to me it depends on where you stand on things, overall.

If you are fed up with the delays, you are going to take the comments as a sign its all done and they can finally get the damn show on the road.

If you are a militant Axl defender, and think the road to hell is paved with fan's questions, you are going to take the same comment but look for as much wiggle room as you can to buy Axl time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:10:18 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »

All of those mixed messages can be explained. An investigative analyse of time frames can reconcile two statements, seemingly completely at odds with each other. A questioning of the formality of the interview can significantly alter the context so the contradiction can be ignored, at our whim basically. If these tactics are insufficient, you have to simply shout the questioners down or perplex him or her with mind-boggling academic arguments involving little straw people: eventually the very simple and stark contradiction will be diluted in an overall fudge of messiness. In time, every mixed message in the land of new gnr makes complete sense.

Apart from those penned by Ron. He is, beyond salvation.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 01:12:06 PM »

you are going to take the same comment but look for as much wiggle room as you can to buy Axl time.

Why do you need to buy time?
It'll be out when Axl thinks it should come out. Nothing's changed.

When you accept that reality, you don't need to "buy time". The ones "waiting" are the ones who spend their time counting the days and being upset.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:14:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »

you are going to take the same comment but look for as much wiggle room as you can to buy Axl time.

Why do you need to buy time?

I don't.  I'm not one of the people in that group.  Which is hardly a state secret.

Several people tell me its done, I believe them.  I don't then start asking what "done" means.  Do they mean "done-done" or just "done".  That sort of thing.

Not my deal.  That's the deal of people looking to buy Axl time, and I am not among their number.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »

I don't believe for one minute that it's Axl holding back from releasing stuff. Look at his comments back at London arena in 2002. We should have 3 albums by now.

My guess is the record company are the ones holding things up. Did Axl not say once Chinese was the collection of songs they were "allowed" to release. If universal think the material will bomb then they won't want to release it. Releases like appetite for democracy are a safer bet as still clings to the past success.

This is the reality of big business.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:05:52 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:26 PM »

If Chinese was considered a big acclaimed hit I don't doubt the remix album would be out now but imagine marketing that today.

I can just see the sneers in kerrang..."An album that got a luke warm reception on it's initial release has now been rereleased as an obscure remix affair...blood in the water sounds like something you'd hear in a disco. Slash made the right choice etc etc"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »

My guess is the record company are the ones holding things up. Did Axl not say once Chinese was the collection of songs they were "allowed" to release. If universal think the material will bomb then they won't want to release it.

I think we have to hope this is not the case, otherwise, we are fucked.  If they thought the 14 songs we did get were the most commercially viable, we've got troubles.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »

If Chinese was considered a big acclaimed hit I don't doubt the remix album would be out now but imagine marketing that today.

I can just see the sneers in kerrang..."An album that got a luke warm reception on it's initial release has now been rereleased as an obscure remix affair...blood in the water sounds like something you'd hear in a disco. Slash made the right choice etc etc"

And this is a point I have been trying to make since this talk started.  There is little market for a remix album of an album that did not make impact to begin with.

Someone in one of these threads posted sales figures for NIN remix albums.  They sucked too.  And 'The Downward Spiral' fared a hell of a lot better than 'Chinese Democracy'.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »

I don't think anybody thinks remix albums are supposed to be chart toppers or big sellers.

Everyone knows they're only for a select group of fans, or possibly new fans who don't like the original versions.
For example, if you make a slow remix of a fast song. Then you might get others into that track....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »

Blood On The Dance Floor is the best selling remix album of all time, shipping six million (HIStory shipped 25 million!).
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

Blood On The Dance Floor is the best selling remix album of all time, shipping six million (HIStory shipped 25 million!).

The remix albums from NIN are great too (especially Year Zero Remixed).

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »

My guess is the record company are the ones holding things up. Did Axl not say once Chinese was the collection of songs they were "allowed" to release. If universal think the material will bomb then they won't want to release it.

I think we have to hope this is not the case, otherwise, we are fucked.  If they thought the 14 songs we did get were the most commercially viable, we've got troubles.

Yeah, we got somewhat mixed messages on that as well.  Axl would talk about how the tracklist was intentionally selected for the album.  And then he would say that this was the album that got past the "red tape".  My GUESS is that he was referring to the Sean Beaven and Roy Thomas Baker versions of the album, both were sent to the label and both versions were told that they needed more work.  In that context, Axl's "red tape" comments make sense and aren't as damning in regard to the next album.

Had the tracks on Chinese Democracy been handpicked by the label out of the dozens recorded, I would agree that getting the next one out would likely be a difficult task, if drawn from the leftovers.  However, I have to believe that certain tracks were meant for the followup album(s).  For example, when Axl told Baz that The General would likely be on the 3rd album back in 2006...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: