Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"  (Read 23618 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »

The band is on hiatus, and Richard, Dizzy, DJ, and Tommy have all been busy with other projects.  I don't really attach much meaning to that.  We know from Richard that Axl was recording vocals back in November, and we know from Twitter that Chris Pitman was with him in the studio.  I don't know why Tommy would have to be involved in those activities, or even really know the day to day on that.  Who knows what, if anything, has happened in 2015.  There just may not be much to be in the loop on over these last couple of months.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »

The band is on hiatus, and Richard, Dizzy, DJ, and Tommy have all been busy with other projects.  I don't really attach much meaning to that.  We know from Richard that Axl was recording vocals back in November, and we know from Twitter that Chris Pitman was with him in the studio.  I don't know why Tommy would have to be involved in those activities, or even really know the day to day on that.  Who knows what, if anything, has happened in 2015.  There just may not be much to be in the loop on over these last couple of months.

Ali

In regard to the next album, I do not take the fact that these guys are "out of the loop" as a bad sign.  Like...At all.  The recording for the next record is done.  Has been from a good while, save for possible more recent additions from DJ & Ron.  We know Axl operates the business side of Guns more or less without their knowledge and that they're called in as needed.  That's the way it's been for years. We really should be used to that by now.

As for touring, who the hell cares about that until the album is done and hopefully out??  They toured on and off for 5 years in support of Chinese.  Let's just worry about the next album for now.  yes

Edit: It's not like in 2008, the rest of the band were brimming with information regarding Chinese Democracy's impending release.  Bumble even told us when he got news, he found out the same way we did.  Why would things be any different now?

In my opinion, there's only a few people that are truly "in the know" and that's Axl, Beta & Fernando....And possibly Caram Costanzo and Jimmy Iovine, if they're currently negotiating and planning, which we hope to God they are.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:55:37 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

I personally love that people still seemed outraged that this band doesnt operate like a normal band. For all intents and purposes this is Axls band. They are employees and pretty much get notified when they are needed.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »

I personally love that people still seemed outraged that this band doesnt operate like a normal band. For all intents and purposes this is Axls band. They are employees and pretty much get notified when they are needed.

Everybody knows and understands it... but there are people that get offended by that notion or the belief that it's not a "band" which sets off a never ending back n forth.

You come to terms with it.. and neither
 side gets me too riled up anymore.

It's a band... just not in the romantic sense that people have in their mind of what a band should be.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

Ali

In regard to the next album, I do not take the fact that these guys are "out of the loop" as a bad sign.  Like...At all.  The recording for the next record is done.  Has been from a good while, save for possible more recent additions from DJ & Ron.  We know Axl operates the business side of Guns more or less without their knowledge and that they're called in as needed.  That's the way it's been for years. We really should be used to that by now.

As for touring, who the hell cares about that until the album is done and hopefully out??  They toured on and off for 5 years in support of Chinese.  Let's just worry about the next album for now.  yes

Edit: It's not like in 2008, the rest of the band were brimming with information regarding Chinese Democracy's impending release.  Bumble even told us when he got news, he found out the same way we did.  Why would things be any different now?

In my opinion, there's only a few people that are truly "in the know" and that's Axl, Beta & Fernando....And possibly Caram Costanzo and Jimmy Iovine, if they're currently negotiating and planning, which we hope to God they are.

For somebody who follows GNR comings and goings as often as I do... I admit I don't know much about Caram... where can I read up on him? Does he work with a lot of heavy hitters or mostly just with Axl?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »

Ali

For somebody who follows GNR comings and goings as often as I do... I admit I don't know much about Caram... where can I read up on him? Does he work with a lot of heavy hitters or mostly just with Axl?

He produced the final versions of the Chinese Democracy tracks with Axl, and even had a couple of writing credits on the album.  I know he produced a couple Pearl Jam albums, but beyond that I'm not sure what else he's done.  Word is he's producing the follow up album as well, but I'm not 100% sure.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Yet try making the argument this is not a real band.

But then...duck.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »

At this point, my only concern is Axl and co. doing what has to be done behind the scenes to make the next album a reality.  Band politics, touring members on the next leg, inter-band communication...I could honestly give a fuck about after all this time.  I just want Axl to make good on his promise to make the next album the band's next move.  All else can take a welcome back seat.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 04:51:25 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Yet try making the argument this is not a real band.

But then...duck.

Ok...here we go....I'm in a band....current day GNR does not operate like a band. It operates like a corporation which notifies it's employees when they are needed to produce for the entity. If you want to say that Ashba, Stinson, Reed, Fortus, Ferrer, Pittman and BBF? are a band then fine, but Axl is a seperate entity on to himself. I equate this to lets say: Slash featuring Miles Kennedy and The Conspirators.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

I'm right with you.  But that argument is a non-starter around here.

Of course its a band, everything is fine, why are you here?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

I don't get how anyone thinks that "band members" being out of the loop is a normal thing. Normally "bands" hire management to take care of the business side of the music industry for them. Management shouldn't be the ones notifying you of when things are going on. Unless band members are employees of an entity and not the ones employing said management.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »

I don't get how anyone thinks that "band members" being out of the loop is a normal thing. Normally "bands" hire management to take care of the business side of the music industry for them. Management shouldn't be the ones notifying you of when things are going on. Unless band members are employees of an entity and not the ones employing said management.

To me, this is more of a punch the clock job than a band.  And has been for years.

In my experience, this is not a popular take 'round these parts.  This is a conversation rife with danger.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »

At the end of the day, if say, Axl gives Tommy, DJ & Richard a full rundown of the current status of the next album....Does it change anything?  Meaning, does it get us any closer to the next album?  I think no.  So why debate the merits of keeping everyone in the band in the loop?  Changes nothing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 05:11:37 PM »

At the end of the day, if say, Axl gives Tommy, DJ & Richard a full rundown of the current status of the next album....Does it change anything?  Meaning, does it get us any closer to the next album?  I think no.  So why debate the merits of keeping everyone in the band in the loop?  Changes nothing.

Because optics matter in life.

Having 2 guitarists say different things within a day of each other, another who may be in/may be out, but says he can't comment, and then your bassist laughing off a question and saying he's not in the loop...these ain't good developments.

This band is pretty much a god damn joke to everyone except us.  Is there some real drawback to having someone other than lifelong never going to leave you fans seeing you as legit?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »

Because optics matter in life.

This band is pretty much a god damn joke to everyone except us.  Is there some real drawback to having someone other than lifelong never going to leave you fans seeing you as legit?

I guess I'm just numb to it now.  It's been essentially the Axl Rose show since they returned in 2001.  He calls the shots, end of story.  Me?  I just want the followup to Chinese Democracy we've been promised 9 million times, and if we're lucky, a U.S. arena tour soon after.  Getting into a semantics laced conversation about how informed Axl keeps Bumblefoot is the last thing I care about.  But again, that's just my feelings on the matter.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »

To me it is what it is. I'm a fan of Axl's. Always have been. But it bugs me when I hear people say that this is a normal business model for a band. Its pretty insulting.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »

To me it is what it is. I'm a fan of Axl's. Always have been. But it bugs me when I hear people say that this is a normal business model for a band. Its pretty insulting.

Yeah, but where outside this particular board do you hear that though?  Forget people out in the world, you don't even hear that at other GNR forums.

One of the concessions you make posting here is having to hear some alternate universe reasoning from time to time.  You get used to it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »

I guess I'm just numb to it now.  It's been essentially the Axl Rose show since they returned in 2001.  He calls the shots, end of story.  Me?  I just want the followup to Chinese Democracy we've been promised 9 million times, and if we're lucky, a U.S. arena tour soon after.  Getting into a semantics laced conversation about how informed Axl keeps Bumblefoot is the last thing I care about.  But again, that's just my feelings on the matter.

No, you are ultimately right.  And I'm with you on that.

Its only a topic of conversation here, where people are committed to the other side.  Most times, most places, this never gets past a "yeah, shit's fucked up, man" and you both sort of chuckle and move on.

Its only here we dissect.  Due to the need to some to have it all make sense and all appear on the up and up.  "Shit's fucked up, man" won't play here. 

Why?  Why do you say that?  What's wrong with you?  Its funny how you call yourself a fan?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why did your parents even date?

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »

I'd say shits fucked upped, but I also say so be it, when there is something really of concrete status to things, this is just passing the time, though I've been more spectator cause its fun to read, and I'm not around enough to be completely active in conversations, but I have no problem saying  shit is fucked up and move on, cause in my heart of hearts , I have a strong feeling I'll be going to more shows , and hearing music at a point in time again, till then, its all good. Cheesy

But on the other hand, you gotta see it for what it is, Tommy saying hes outta the loop is no fuckin big revelation or huge deal when there is nothing actively going on that needs his attention and I also suspect as I said when this first came up , Tommy is not a talker, he very well I suspect knows the shit surrounding Ron, I'm sure he gets an update here and there from Axl but the interview he did was not aimed at Guns, it was a quick thing promoting a show in Philly, with a few toss in questions . Now if you get a chance to hear the new Ron interview , that is an entirely different thing ,the questions were asked and the dance around answers were given cause Ron even admittedly says in the interview I don't know when to shut up! But he has strong feelings he wants to convey. Tommy keeps shit close to the vest.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »

No, you are ultimately right.  And I'm with you on that.

Its only a topic of conversation here, where people are committed to the other side.  Most times, most places, this never gets past a "yeah, shit's fucked up, man" and you both sort of chuckle and move on.

Its only here we dissect.  Due to the need to some to have it all make sense and all appear on the up and up.  "Shit's fucked up, man" won't play here. 

Why?  Why do you say that?  What's wrong with you?  Its funny how you call yourself a fan?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why did your parents even date?

Well, I think you know I'm far from the type to label Axl an infallible deity who is literally incapable of making a questionable decision in regard to GNR.  That's a special type of fan that frankly scares the shit out of me, the way that Mormons who prattle on about how great their beliefs are do.  My only point here is that you can't fight city hall, and ultimately we should really mainly be concerned with hearing the next album that we're allegedly on the verge of getting since Vegas ended.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: