Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson : "I Am Out Of The Loop"  (Read 23639 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 05:50:24 PM »

I guess I'm just numb to it now.  It's been essentially the Axl Rose show since they returned in 2001.  He calls the shots, end of story.  Me?  I just want the followup to Chinese Democracy we've been promised 9 million times, and if we're lucky, a U.S. arena tour soon after.  Getting into a semantics laced conversation about how informed Axl keeps Bumblefoot is the last thing I care about.  But again, that's just my feelings on the matter.

No, you are ultimately right.  And I'm with you on that.

Its only a topic of conversation here, where people are committed to the other side.  Most times, most places, this never gets past a "yeah, shit's fucked up, man" and you both sort of chuckle and move on.

Its only here we dissect.  Due to the need to some to have it all make sense and all appear on the up and up.  "Shit's fucked up, man" won't play here. 

Why?  Why do you say that?  What's wrong with you?  Its funny how you call yourself a fan?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why did your parents even date?

With all due respect, why did you start this thread then?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »

I guess I'm just numb to it now.  It's been essentially the Axl Rose show since they returned in 2001.  He calls the shots, end of story.  Me?  I just want the followup to Chinese Democracy we've been promised 9 million times, and if we're lucky, a U.S. arena tour soon after.  Getting into a semantics laced conversation about how informed Axl keeps Bumblefoot is the last thing I care about.  But again, that's just my feelings on the matter.

Its only a topic of conversation here, where people are committed to the other side.  Most times, most places, this never gets past a "yeah, shit's fucked up, man" and you both sort of chuckle and move on.

Its only here we dissect.  Due to the need to some to have it all make sense and all appear on the up and up.  "Shit's fucked up, man" won't play here. 

Why?  Why do you say that?  What's wrong with you?  Its funny how you call yourself a fan?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why did your parents even date?

To get people's take on it.  Not everyone here are the folks I'm talking about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2015, 06:03:31 PM »

To get people's take on it.  Not everyone here are the folks I'm talking about.

"Shit's fucked up, man" seems to be your stance on it. People trying to make sense of it are living in an alternate universe as you said. Seems to me like this was a ruse to provoke conflict and mockery of the "militant Axl defenders".

What other take than "trying to make sense of it" is it?  - "Shit's fucked up, man"

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »

"Shit's fucked up, man" seems to be your stance on it. People trying to make sense of it are living in an alternate universe as you said. Seems to me like this was a ruse to provoke conflict and mockery of the "militant Axl defenders".

What other take than "trying to make sense of it" is it?  - "Shit's fucked up, man"

Just the opposite.  I'm trying to avoid it.

That whole passage was an offshoot of the conversation about the interview.  By that point in the thread, it was about how its kind of goofy the way this band operates as opposed to the norm.  And not a point I introduced.  I was trying to tell our man, who is a somewhat new poster, that's a dead end here.

Am I wrong on that?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:14:59 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »

Just the opposite.  I'm trying to avoid it.

That whole passage was an offshoot of the conversation about the interview.  By that point in the thread, it was about how its kind of goofy the way this band operates as opposed to the norm.  And not a point I introduced.  I was trying to tell our man, who is a somewhat new poster, that's a dead end here.

Am I wrong on that?

The way I see it, the original phrase "I am out of the loop" is about the way this band operates. I don't see the distinction here.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 06:36:08 PM »

Well, I can only tell you where I was coming from as the conversation progressed.  But I can't make you believe me

I think if you look at all my comments in the order they were made, I am clearly trying to steer the conversation away from a topic I know is toxic and a guaranteed thread deralier.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:38:34 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »

So, you do accept the reasoning people gave for why Tommy said what he said, as valid arguments, even though you disagree with them?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »

If some of you are so into the Dead Horse topics, that's where you will find your discussions.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Now, go on. Do tell us all how it's not a real band, how things suck, how the album wasn't promoted enough, how it was such a big failure, how the setlist sucks, how they all contradict each other in interviews and whatever else your minds come up with when you've got too much free time to focus on this boring negative bullshit.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:46 PM »

Awww, poor you.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

So, you do accept the reasoning people gave for why Tommy said what he said, as valid arguments, even though you disagree with them?

Yeah, I suppose so.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 08:17:36 AM »

Awww, poor you.

I'm not the one crying about my posts not getting enough attention in this section.

That posts is why you got warnings. You just can't stop your act.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »

I expected this thread to be deleted outright before it hit a second page.

A move here is a net win, as far as I'm concerned.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:21 AM »

I am glad everyone calf out this self serving bum out here

He is the type that gets off on just seeing his name as the last post on each thread

His name?

He hides behind the worst wrestling name ever.    Worst. 

And admits he wears a hat every day...

It's not all about u pal.   
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »

Ah, I remember my first beer.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2015, 02:16:02 PM »

Are you kidding me?  Bastion Booger, Red Rooster, Mr. Ass, T.L. Hopper, and the Booty Man (Brutus Beefcake's WCW name) were far worse than Degeneration X.

I think you need to lay off the Bacon... Man.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:18:08 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »

Are you kidding me?  Bastion Booger, Red Rooster, Mr. Ass, T.L. Hopper, and the Booty Man (Brutus Beefcake's WCW name) were far worse than Degeneration X.

Yeah, totally offbase with that one.  Come on now.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »

Yeah, totally offbase with that one.  Come on now.

Lol and I thought last night was actually friday.  So I kinda just made up my own long weekend.   Aww life is good

So now it's Friday night p2 for me.  And Ya the beers are tasting good.   But then vodka will taste that much better in a hour when it's vodka time

If you smellllllllllllllll.     What TheBaconman..........     

Is cooking.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: