Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 149992 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »

the NFC east makes my head hurt

well.. the Giants make my head hurt

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »

The NFC East is like a bad car accident that you want to look away from but just can't.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #442 on: December 09, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »

The NFC East is like a bad car accident that you want to look away from but just can't.

The Giants have wasted the last 4 years...

is Eli Manning a top 5 qb in the league? No.. but he is a proven winner and never misses a snap.. they will spend 15 years trying to find his replacement...

and they have wasted the past 4 years with having a QB like him in place.

I THINK they will win the division at 7-9 if they beat Philli week 17... but man has this been a nightmare with the way they have lost games this season.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #443 on: December 09, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »

It really has, every time you think one of the teams has turned a corner and taken hold of the division they come out the next week and shit the bed.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »

is Eli Manning a top 5 qb in the league? No.. but he is a proven winner and never misses a snap.. they will spend 15 years trying to find his replacement...

I THINK they will win the division at 7-9 if they beat Philli week 17... but man has this been a nightmare with the way they have lost games this season.

I read somewhere that the Giants would be 10-2 if games ended 75 seconds early.  Worst thing about stats like that is that the front office then convinces itself that that shows the team is already a SB contender, it just needs some minor upgrades. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »

I read somewhere that the Giants would be 10-2 if games ended 75 seconds early.  Worst thing about stats like that is that the front office then convinces itself that that shows the team is already a SB contender, it just needs some minor upgrades. 

I saw the same article... so frustrating.

It just shows how good the Eli to OBJ connection is. Without that... they have one of the worst rosters in the NFL... so if they think they just need minor tweaks... they are fooling themselves.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2015, 05:54:48 PM »

Steelers beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #447 on: December 13, 2015, 07:30:34 PM »

It appears as if Andy Dalton is done for the season. Tough break or the Bengals.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #448 on: December 15, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Very pleased that the Giants extended the season for one more week.

Beckham really is worth the price of admission... amazing the things he can do.

For me he's entered the top 3 non qb's in the league with Watt and Gronk.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »

It appears as if Andy Dalton is done for the season. Tough break or the Bengals.
He may not be. He's considered week to week, but they haven't ruled him out for the season yet. He's definitely out this week though. Could severely hurt their seeding for the playoffs though, even if he does come back. We'll see what McCarron's got, but that's a pretty tough spot.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »

The NFL?s Most Physically Gifted Quarterback

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/16/nfl-ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #451 on: December 18, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »

Big Ben has had a great career...no doubt about it.

Quite frankly ...I just never cared for him for his off the field antics that he was involved in... there's no forgiving that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #452 on: December 21, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »

With that being said, I'll be pulling for the Steelers the next few weeks to beat the Broncos and the Bengals.

Ask and you shall receive hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »

With that being said, I'll be pulling for the Steelers the next few weeks to beat the Broncos and the Bengals.

Ask and you shall receive hihi
Thanks, now they can stop winning. Doubt that'll happen though. They're on a bit of a roll. That offense will be tough to stop in the playoffs. The only question is if they can play a little defense. Denver had them, but their receivers, outside of Sanders, are soft and can't catch the ball. That tends to be a problem.

There's a slight chance Denver could miss the playoffs altogether if they split the next two games and the Chiefs, Jets, and Steelers win out. That would be something. Peyton to the rescue? The Patriots still have the #1 seed to play for, but the Jets have their playoff lives at stake this weekend so I'd say they're the more desperate team against a once again hobbled Pats team.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #454 on: December 22, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »

I think the Pats are praying the Steelers get picked off before they have to play them.

Right now I don't think Pats will keep up in a track meet with them. They would need Edelman to be 100 percent.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #455 on: December 22, 2015, 10:35:40 AM »

I think the Pats are praying the Steelers get picked off before they have to play them.

Right now I don't think Pats will keep up in a track meet with them. They would need Edelman to be 100 percent.

Praying maybe a bit strong. I'd say the team that poses the biggest challenge to them is the Steelers. BUT, that game would be at Gillette. The Patriots have a good defense this year. And they should have a healthy compliment of players on offense for the playoffs. Obviously that's not a guarantee, especially with the frequency of injuries this year. Edelman could be back next week, or even this week. Amendola is probably done for the regular season, but should be back for the playoffs. Gronk probably isn't 100% right now and who knows if he will be again this season. So who knows how effective those 3 guys will be going forward or how much they're actually all on the field at the same time.

The Steelers offense is very good, no denying that. Probably the best offense in football right now. Although the Seahawks might have something to say about that. But the Pats held them to 14 points in week 1 until that garbage time TD. Granted, they were without Bryant that game and he's a valuable addition. And the Patriots are without Dion Lewis now, a pretty big subtraction. But I'm not convinced they'll go into Gillette in January and put up 30 plus no problem. Also, I think their defense has played better of late. But this isn't exactly the vintage Steel Curtain D here. And Brady has historically done pretty well against the Steelers D. I'd think they'll probably cover Gronk if they meet again though. A bit of an oversight the first go around.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #456 on: December 22, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Praying maybe a bit strong. I'd say the team that poses the biggest challenge to them is the Steelers. BUT, that game would be at Gillette. The Patriots have a good defense this year. And they should have a healthy compliment of players on offense for the playoffs. Obviously that's not a guarantee, especially with the frequency of injuries this year. Edelman could be back next week, or even this week. Amendola is probably done for the regular season, but should be back for the playoffs. Gronk probably isn't 100% right now and who knows if he will be again this season. So who knows how effective those 3 guys will be going forward or how much they're actually all on the field at the same time.

The Steelers offense is very good, no denying that. Probably the best offense in football right now. Although the Seahawks might have something to say about that. But the Pats held them to 14 points in week 1 until that garbage time TD. Granted, they were without Bryant that game and he's a valuable addition. And the Patriots are without Dion Lewis now, a pretty big subtraction. But I'm not convinced they'll go into Gillette in January and put up 30 plus no problem. Also, I think their defense has played better of late. But this isn't exactly the vintage Steel Curtain D here. And Brady has historically done pretty well against the Steelers D. I'd think they'll probably cover Gronk if they meet again though. A bit of an oversight the first go around.

I think the Bengals and Broncos could beat them too... but their QB situations are murky right now. Would love to see Peyton come in and save the day for that team. Don't really think he is capable though.

Steelers are definitely their biggest threat.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »

I think the Bengals and Broncos could beat them too... but their QB situations are murky right now. Would love to see Peyton come in and save the day for that team. Don't really think he is capable though.

I don't have much faith in the Bengals winning at Gillette in the playoffs, with or without Dalton. I give them a slightly better chance at Cincinatti, but they always tend to fold in big games. At Denver would be tough, though the Broncos needed a little help from the refs to beat a severely undermanned Pats squad a few weeks back. Peyton has played one good game this year. He's given me no reason to believe he can get on a roll in the playoffs. The Patriots are the most well balanced team in the AFC when they have their weapons available on offense. They can actually lean on their defense this year. Right now, Cincy and Denver are lacking on offense and Pittsburgh isn't great defensively. Anything can happen obviously, but the Patriots are clearly the best team in the AFC when healthy IMO.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »

I don't have much faith in the Bengals winning at Gillette in the playoffs, with or without Dalton. I give them a slightly better chance at Cincinatti, but they always tend to fold in big games. At Denver would be tough, though the Broncos needed a little help from the refs to beat a severely undermanned Pats squad a few weeks back. Peyton has played one good game this year. He's given me no reason to believe he can get on a roll in the playoffs. The Patriots are the most well balanced team in the AFC when they have their weapons available on offense. They can actually lean on their defense this year. Right now, Cincy and Denver are lacking on offense and Pittsburgh isn't great defensively. Anything can happen obviously, but the Patriots are clearly the best team in the AFC when healthy IMO.

The Bengals have to get it right eventually right? ha. They have the deepest roster... but obviously they will need Dalton to get them home... can he? he hasn't yet... but I think it's possible.

The Pats are the favorite... Brady dwarfs what the Broncos and Bengals have at QB.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:42:29 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »

The Bengals have to get it right eventually right? ha. They have the deepest roster... but obviously they will need Dalton to get them home... can he? he hasn't yet... but I think it's possible.

The Pats are the favorite... Brady dwarfs what the Broncos and Bengals have at QB.

For the majority of the season, the Bengals were the most balanced team. Without Dalton though, their offense takes an obvious hit. They don't necessarily have to get it right eventually. Some teams just don't have the mental makeup, or whatever it may be. Denver's defense is legit, though the Steelers had their way with them this week.

I'd agree though, Big Ben is the reason the Steelers are a bigger threat than either of those teams. He's a proven winner, with plenty of weapons at his disposal. I wouldn't mind seeing one more Brady/Manning matchup. But I'm not sure that's in the cards. And as bad as he's been this year, I'd be foolish to take him for granted if it came to that.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: