Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson  (Read 42629 times)
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »

Just saw this on vh1 website

Link: http://m.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-03-26/guns-n-roses-slash-axl-rose-feud-michael-jackson/

Anyone know something about this?
This is first time I'm hearing it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:53:23 PM by peka80 » Logged

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:13:49 PM »

First time any of us are hearing it, I assume.  It just seems so random.

He is saying this went down in 1991.  So you are telling me Axl held his tongue for 5 more years before finally not being able to take it anymore?  AXL???

I don't see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 02:23:30 PM »

Axl also listed MJ as one of his favorite singers just last year:

http://radio.com/2014/05/29/axl-rose-responds-to-being-named-the-worlds-greatest-singer/

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »

Seems highly unlikely that this is the reason.

Axl named Michael Jackson as one of the vocalist he admires last year. If the reason of the feud with Slash really was MJ, then the problem seems to be solved now.  hihi
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:31:09 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

I was thinking of posting this link to a thread...and then....decided I don't buy it. So...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »

I do kinda remember a quote from Axl where he kinda made light of Slash going off and playing with him... I think.

But I think thats probably number 37 on the list of grievances he has with the man.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »

I do kinda remember a quote from Axl where he kinda made light of Slash going off and playing with him... I think.

But I think thats probably number 37 on the list of grievances he has with the man.

Yeah, I think he once mentioned that he thought Slash wasted his talent playing with the likes of Michael Jackson.

It was more in the lane of Slash playing pop music I think, nothing indicated that he had anything against MJ as a person. Axl was very outspoken in that time period, if he had any opinions on the charges against MJ I think he would have gone public with them in a heartbeat. I can't remember him doing that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »

Yeah, I think he once mentioned that he thought Slash wasted his talent playing with the likes of Michael Jackson.

Yep, it's in Axl's interview with Rolling Stone, published on February 3, 2000.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/axl-speaks-20000203

Even when it came to picking tracks for the recent Live Era '87-'93 retrospective, Rose and Slash ? whom Rose describes as "negatively seductive" ? communicated their song selections only through intermediaries. "I never said that I was bitter," Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. "Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears ? hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »

I like how Doug tosses in there that, if there is ever a reunion, he would be the only possible person that could handle it.

What a sport.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »

I like how Doug tosses in there that, if there is ever a reunion, he would be the only possible person that could handle it.

What a sport.

Yeah...that's not self serving, eh?

I mean...has ANYONE heard ANYTHING from Mr. Goldstein in a dogs age or two?  No?

And now.....suddenly...from out of nowhere.....he has something new to say about Guns n Roses, and offers his managerial services, to boot, to "heal the wounds".

C'mon.  I was born. And there was a yesterday (just ask Axl). But I wasn't born yesterday.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

Don't believe everything you read.

Once again, the headlines are more interesting than the truth. I'm assuming most people here are aware of the things that happened in the band and they got nothing to do with Michael Jackson.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »

Once again, the headlines are more interesting than the truth. I'm assuming most people here are aware of the things that happened in the band and they got nothing to do with Michael Jackson.

/jarmo

Yeah, I think this one gets filed firmly under the heading "urban legend".

Someone send this on to snopes.com.  hihi

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 03:29:56 PM »

I don't think anyone really believes this, but that hardly means we know why Axl hates Slash.

Kind of hard when all he gives you is "oh, he knows what he did!" type stuff.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »

What a sport.

I noticed that too.  Evidently, ol' Doug hasn't read the books written by Slash, Duff, or Steven to see how the rest of the band feels about his ability to keep the band together.

Agreed.  Even with the Axl quote that I cited above, I still highly doubt that is what has divided Slash and Axl so harshly for the last 20 years.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »

What a sport.

I noticed that too.  Evidently, ol' Doug hasn't read the books written by Slash, Duff, or Steven to see how the rest of the band feels about his ability to keep the band together.

Agreed.  Even with the Axl quote that I cited above, I still highly doubt that is what has divided Slash and Axl so harshly for the last 20 years.
Agreed.  If this was really the deal breaker, as Mr. D-X said, he wouldn't have waited five years to act on it.  No way.

Ali
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 05:48:19 PM »

Doug Goldstein
33 mins ?
Didn't realize this would show up here but glad it has.SO MANY lies and hostility amongst what was once a "Family" that I loved dearly!! I can only hope that people can put away all the anger and blame and get back to being the GREATEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME!!! When I said I believed I was the best candidate to reunite them, it's the truth as id be the ONLY person that ever just LOVED them and never counted the silly dollars. All those who have tried have failed because they are too greedy and Axl can smell that a mile away.

So Doug's desire to manage a line-up from old Guns is motivated by 'love' and not what it would do for him in terms of profile, legacy, personal wealth and the future well-being of his family.

Right...  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 07:11:42 PM »

"https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesnews/status/581218004635131904"]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:02:10 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »

Wow, Doug is such a trooper.

He really doesn't even want to do this, but just feels an obligation. 

Probably waives his fee, the hero.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »

Jackson doesn't get enough credit for being a pretty good rock singer

Songs like dirty Diana and give in to me (With slash) are great

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »

Jackson doesn't get enough credit for being a pretty good rock singer

Songs like dirty Diana and give in to me (With slash) are great

Lifelong MJ fan here.  And yeah, 'Give In To Me' is a good jam.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: