Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson  (Read 42985 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »

How is Slash 'solely responsible for the break up' when Axl created a legal power grab and now owns the name, today?

'Lied about'?. Well Axl has claimed there have been lies by Slash - certainly. This is all to do with, whether you believe Axl Rose (or not). I don't.

1) Haven't we seen enough evidence to at least QUESTION (based on timings, etc) whether there really was some sort of legal power grab?  We know he has the name.  At this point, I think it's tough to assume why/how that came about.

2) The truth may lay somewhere in the middle, but there's enough evidence out there to say that Slash HAS either lied, or been so wildly mistaken that one might think he's lied.  I don't think Axl's a choir boy in all this, by any stretch.  But nor do I think Slash is.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »

How is Slash 'solely responsible for the break up' when Axl created a legal power grab and now owns the name, today?

'Lied about'?. Well Axl has claimed there have been lies by Slash - certainly. This is all to do with, whether you believe Axl Rose (or not). I don't.

1) Haven't we seen enough evidence to at least QUESTION (based on timings, etc) whether there really was some sort of legal power grab?  We know he has the name.  At this point, I think it's tough to assume why/how that came about.

2) The truth may lay somewhere in the middle, but there's enough evidence out there to say that Slash HAS either lied, or been so wildly mistaken that one might think he's lied.  I don't think Axl's a choir boy in all this, by any stretch.  But nor do I think Slash is.....

There definitely was a legal grab of the name by Axl...obviously.. which I contend was the end of that version of the band ... the nail in the coffin.

How it was presented to Slash... Slash seems to be definitely mistaken about. Same goes for Duff... but Duff is forgiven ... Slash...not so much. Hard to understand unless you are in those shoes. 

The truth is always somewhere in the middle, but I think it's just very clear that things were communicated to Slash and  Duff in a way that made Axl look like the heavy... when it didn't have to be that way.

Let's just blame it on the king of pop... he can't dispute it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »

I'm still curious about what Axl wants Slash to apologize to.

You, and the rest of the planet.  I imagine we will all go to our graves without an answer.

I have never heard a legitimate reason given yet. Axl's hatred seems disproportionate somehow.

Yep.  And I actually think there even less chance we ever find out as time wears on.

The longer this goes, the more you have to think he must have committed one capital motherfucking offense.  To justify this white hot hate YEARS later?  Must have been bad.

But what if its not?  What if, after a certain amount of time, you reach a point of diminishing returns?  What if there is a good chance if Axl finally said "OK, you really want to know?  Here it is..." and what follows is something that draws reactions of "Jesus Christ, are you kidding me?  All this time?  And THAT is the reason, you talk the way you do?"

Think about it.  Axl spoke in those chats and the time after in some pretty strong terms.  The guy is a cancer.  One of us will be dead in a box before we speak again.  To still be talking in those emotional terms over 10 years later?  Well, must have been bad, right?

But what if its not?  Then what is in it for you to lay all your cards on the table?  Axl has built this up to the point with his venom and rhetoric that Slash will pretty much have had to have killed someone to justify it all.

Also don't discount the second he comes out with it, it can be refuted.  Hard to refute what you can't verify.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »

Well see Slash's side of things for a change. How would you like it if you as a band member are suddenly forced to write and play with a guy, with whom you had no hand in his selection, and who you don't particularly credit musically nor like personally? This is what  happened with Slash with Tobias. How would you feel if you keep showing up to sessions but the lead singer, who is leading the musical direction of the sessions, does not show and you are left sitting with a load of unused expensive equipment twiddling your thumbs?

I'm so surprised you'd start spinning and excusing the behavior.

They were forced to play with Paul? Well, do you remember anybody else being an option? No.
Funny how you fail to mention the Snakepit songs that Slash wanted Axl to sing on and to be the next GN'R album. How come?

Yeah, maybe you're not interested in trying to write without the singer present if your idea of the next album is your songs only. That's it.

You seem to have forgotten all the possibilities here. But you're quick to think of them regarding AC/DC. Amazing!

And yet you failed to answer the age old question. You don't think it's a legitimate reason to not be friendly about a guy who spent years telling stories to the press that are simply not true.

I see the wrestling fan / Bon Jovi fan doing his old dance again: Blah blah blah This is how it is blah blah blah I don't need to read what you say blah blah blah I'm right. Look at me! Blah blah blah.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »

Marc Canter claimed in an interview that Axl was pissed and hurt at Slash's story that Axl "held a crowd hostage" to finagle the GNR name over to him is the biggest reason.  Canter stated that if Slash had apologized and set the record straight, then Axl would've let Slash play on three Chinese Democracy songs (which apparently never got recorded).

Those are just Canter's words, but it may be the closest thing to an answer we'll ever have.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »

And yet you failed to answer the age old question. You don't think it's a legitimate reason to not be friendly about a guy who spent years telling stories to the press that are simply not true.

Well, we don't know if that's the reason.  You are guessing just like the rest of us.

And there is "not being friendly" and then there is "the guy is a cancer best removed and if he ever tried to ambush me to talk it would not be good".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »

Marc Canter claimed in an interview that Axl was pissed and hurt at Slash's story that Axl "held a crowd hostage" to finagle the GNR name over to him is the biggest reason.  Canter stated that if Slash had apologized and set the record straight, then Axl would've let Slash play on three Chinese Democracy songs (which apparently never got recorded).

Those are just Canter's words, but it may be the closest thing to an answer we'll ever have.

Yeah, who the fuck knows.  I know that tends to be one of the stronger theories.  Could be it.

Of course Axl was so mad, so incensed, so over the top furious after hearing that he...that he...that he let that hang out there for 4 full years before vaguely addressing some sort of problem with the guy in an unannounced internet chat with some fans.

Good luck unringing that bell.

That's the part I find silly about all of this.  If Slash lied, that's wrong, no question about it.  But you address it, if you are allegedly so upset over it.  You let it go unchallenged for 4 solid years because you can't be bothered to correct the record?  Hard to summon up a lot of pity for you, I think.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 04:32:55 PM »

It's baffling how the self appointed free thinkers and people with open yes can't seem to fucking put one and one together.

If it's relating to Axl, it's impossible.

If it relates to something else, they're quick to be able to make up reasons and excuses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 04:40:10 PM »

Well, it lasted longer in the big room than most of us figured it would, I suppose.

Still interested in talking about it, anyone that's interested.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »

Seems like the media is all over this GNR/Michael Jackson story..

Oh, well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »

I don't know how legit this is but apparently  Doug Goldstein says that Slash and Axl's rift began back when Slash agreed to  play with Michael Jackson. It was around the time Michael Jackson was going through that scandal the first one. They go on to say that Axl believed the rumors to be true about Michael Jackson and was upset with Slash because we all know Axl said he was abused when he was a child. The interview is at the telegraph.com
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66215.0

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 11:46:55 AM »

In the 2000 interview Axl makes it sound like he was upset over throwaway solos, not the accusations against MJ. Doug Goldstein is seen as a credible insider by the fans because of how many years he managed GNR.

Slash hinted that he did something to Axl in the late 90s (probably 1999) when he found out Axl was putting a new lineup together. When they were putting together the live album, Axl was also working with the new band and made the controversial AFD demo. That's also the year Axl put "Oh My God" out and did the Kurt Loder phone interview. I think Doug was still managing Axl.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »

Yes Doug managed Guns at least until 2001. He was the one booking the canceled and re-scheduled 2001 European tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »

just found this by accident, first time I've read it :

For the past two decades, many have wondered exactly what precipitated the nasty split between Rose and Slash.
And though Duswalt does not mention the specific incident that caused the chasm between the two, musical
differences and the direction of the band played a part:

Craig Duswalt : ?It was a thing that happened at the end of ['Use Your Illusion']. There were also the
differences in music. Slash wanted to do more hard rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads.
There was that difference, but there was [also] a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 06:44:16 PM »

But Craig didn't go into more detail about the last sentence there?

Seems like there's some personal stuff going on there.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:56:27 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
DeN
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »

no...probably didn't want to go to that path, maybe by respect,
don't know the actual relationships he has with Axl & Slash.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:02 PM »

Yeah, we'll probably never know the full story behind that.

Sweetness is a virtue
DeN
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »

the answer is in his book (was curious to read it, I'll see what I can find interesting in it, but I suppose I know everything already) :

"I consider the members of Guns N? Roses, and members of the GNR crew, my friends. That means this book will not reveal
any really dark or destructive secrets?and I have hundreds. If you want those stories, you?ll have to get me really drunk.
Unfortunately for you, I don?t drink anymore?partly because of my days on the road with Guns N? Roses."

we'll have to wait his second book, maybe...

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2015, 08:37:37 PM »

This story does not work chronologically, it reeks of cheap sensationalism and attention whore-itis, but it has given the usual idiots here a topic to take shots at GNR.

:Insert Inappropriate emoticon here:.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: