Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:24:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ex G N' R manager blames Slash and Axl Rose’s feud on Michael Jackson  (Read 42988 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »

I think it was decided with everybody during the  illusion tours that Gilby is not the right guy, to continue with.

And think this says it to all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsKjwGidrs

Obviously they were really happy with the work Gilby did for the band touring and recording The Spaghetti Incident.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
mortismurphy
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »

Slash was also cool with Gilby not continuing on with GNR. 

It wasn't like he wanted him and Axl didn't.  Neither did.

I do not think that is true, is it?

Apparently.

If you read that Chinese Whispers site that chronicled all this crazyness in real time, Slash was just as onboard moving on without him.

I was suprised reading that, but these were direct quotes from Slash.

I have never heard anything like this.  In fact Slash wanted to rehire Gilby in 1995,

"He probably thought I'd like the idea because Zakk was a friend of mine and I respected him as a guitarist, but that really didn't seem like an answer to me. I brought up the option of rehiring Gilby, but that idea was flatly rejected... I wasn't sure what to expect from Zakk Wylde but I hoped for the best... Axl asked [him] to come down to rehearse with us." (Slash, Autobiography)
mortismurphy
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2015, 08:27:58 AM »

I think it was decided with everybody during the  illusion tours that Gilby is not the right guy, to continue with.

I do not agree with this. I think it is certainly true for Axl.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »

I do not agree with this. I think it is certainly true for Axl.
Well at least everybody agreed at some point.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

"You know what?! I've been hearing a lot about this particular interview from a lot of people that he really pissed off," Slash replied (hear audio below). "And I've heard that. And I don't think there's any truth to that. I mean, obviously, the band stayed together for years after that whole thing. And it wasn't a big deal at the time. And if it did piss anybody off, it was something that went away. So I don't think it had anything to do with the original GUNS N' ROSES' demise."

Slash also explained that he doesn't go out of his way to read any of Goldstein's interviews that have to do with GUNS N' ROSES. "I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it," he said. "That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

Slash is now weighing in on what we've really known all along, that Doug Goldstein is full of shit.  Goldstein's just doing something to get himself into the public eye, knowing that the words "Guns N Roses" will do it for him, especially if he spins it in a controversial light.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:58:49 AM by Bridge » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »

I think when it comes to the history of GNR it's become pretty much impossible to know who's recollection to trust. Not just this matter, but many of the other things that happened as well. For each issue there's at least two stories, most of the time more than that.

I guess it's not all down to drug and alcohol abuse at the time, but the fact that they're trying to remember details of events that happened 20-25 years ago. Being around the Guns N Roses craziness at the time, there must have been millions of things going on during a 5 year period, chaos pretty much.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:05:17 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »

"You know what?! I've been hearing a lot about this particular interview from a lot of people that he really pissed off," Slash replied (hear audio below). "And I've heard that. And I don't think there's any truth to that. I mean, obviously, the band stayed together for years after that whole thing. And it wasn't a big deal at the time. And if it did piss anybody off, it was something that went away. So I don't think it had anything to do with the original GUNS N' ROSES' demise."

Slash also explained that he doesn't go out of his way to read any of Goldstein's interviews that have to do with GUNS N' ROSES. "I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it," he said. "That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

Slash is now weighing in on what we've really known all along, that Doug Goldstein is full of shit.  Goldstein's just doing something to get himself into the public eye, knowing that the words "Guns N Roses" will do it for him, especially if he spins it in a controversial light.

I think you're right, it was obviously a shameless spotlight grab.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: