Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Coming Up On 25% through 2015
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coming Up On 25% through 2015  (Read 11118 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« on: March 26, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

"Basically, we have what I call the second half of 'Chinese'.  That's already recorded.  And then we have a remix album from the songs from 'Chinese'.  That's been done for awhile too.  But after Vegas [June 2014], we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

That's a quote from the man himself from a little under a year ago. 

And in a few days, we will be one quarter of the way through 2015.

So, as of right now...what does your gut tell you? 

Will either a remix album (that he says was done almost a year ago) or a new album of new material (that he says was done almost a year ago) see the light of day before 12/31/15?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

I don't know if anything will be released this year. But If I am wrong (I hope so) i think that new material will be released.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »

I don't see it in 2015.  2016, perhaps.  But I think the answer will come via the next tour being announced.

I think if dates are announced either later this year, or early next, and there is nothing on a new album...we might as well forget it.

I know people will say it could come out when they are on tour.  Very true.  However, I think they would at least know that by the time the tour starts.  They would be able to say that, yeah, its done and its coming.  Stay tuned.

If a tour starts back up and its the same "we are still looking at stuff, picking songs"...that's bleak.  You will then have been a year and a half to as much as two years since that above quote.  and I think you'd really have to work overtime to convince yourself this is still going to happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »

I think we most likely need to hear some rumblings about it in the coming weeks if they plan to get it out this year.

As far as I can remember, the earliest hint we got in 2008, however small, was Axl responding to the Dr. Pepper challenge.

I am hopeful, but it's hard for us to say what kind of work is being done at the moment. We do know that most of the band members are busy with their side projects, but the telling thing for us would be Axl's current doings (since he probably is the producer).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »

I think we most likely need to hear some rumblings about it in the coming weeks if they plan to get it out this year.

So true, and this is the exact reason I made this thread.

I think if its going to come out this year, you're going to hear something pretty soon.

Sosso
VIP

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »

If there is a new album this year - fine, I'll buy it
If there is no new album this year - I'll wait
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:02:30 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
italian queen
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »

a remix album for Chinese Democracy?
no thanks!!!!
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 12:21:39 PM »

Remix albums are really good sometimes. Year Zero Remixed from Nine Inch Nails for example.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:24:05 PM by Sosso » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »

Anybody know of any forums with music industry rumors?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

I always figure between here and MYGNR, if any sort of anything was even mentioned, we'd know.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »

I always figure between here and MYGNR, if any sort of anything was even mentioned, we'd know.

Yeah, pretty much.

I was just thinking, you might get lucky and pick something up in a forum that's not centered around GNR. There's maybe less of a chance that something got spread around if it was just discussed in a forum for music producers, engineers etc. ? if such a thing exists.

Say GNR just got mentioned in the context of an engineer talking about that he'd just been to the Village to assist Axl in recording some vocals. Nothing earth shattering for the people on that forum, but for us... oh, well.

That sort of things.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »

As far as an album ... There is simply just no way to speculate a time frame ...

However I am starting to believe that there is obviously no set lineup for whenever the band picks up again .. And Im starting to truly believe Ron won't be the only change.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »

As far as an album ... There is simply just no way to speculate a time frame ...

However I am starting to believe that there is obviously no set lineup for whenever the band picks up again .. And Im starting to truly believe Ron won't be the only change.

Not so sure about that last part, but regarding GNR getting out there again, in my mind 2016 looks more likely at the moment. Some of the members have touring commitments as far ahead as October.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »

Not so sure about that last part, but regarding GNR getting out there again, in my mind 2016 looks more likely at the moment. Some of the members have touring commitments as far ahead as October.

Yeah, if they do any touring this year, its not until way late in the winter.

You have to hope they spend all this time getting ready for something in 2016.  New album and new tour, ideally.  Preferable to the "Appetite For Lies And Illusions Tour" and more talk about how "its just a matter of sifting through the songs already done and figuring out the best way to do it."

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 09:46:41 AM »

I'm actually glad it will be later in the year or next, I have to double up for 2 more months to accrue adequate vacay time.

I'm still hoping for Europe Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 09:50:43 AM »

Yup.... Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »

Yup.... Wink

Cryptic... are you referring to the GNR boards?

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 06:38:07 AM »

Yup.... Wink

Cryptic... are you referring to the GNR boards?

Nope.

I was an active member on "the velvet rope" boards, when they were up and active.  When they sorta died (and were resurrected, and died again) there were some splinter boards that cropped up to "replace" them, and I was invited to join a few of them.  I'm not crazy active in them anymore, and none of the forums are as crazy active, in general, as velvet rope was. But I do lurk and throw in here and there (and no...my handle isn't pilferk there). Wink

They're invite only, and they really TRY to stay out of the public eye...so I can't point you to them.

But I will say this: There's no GnR talk right now.  Which isn't to say nothing is going on....I wouldn't take the lack of GnR talk as a sign of anything, one way or the other.

A lot of the talk is business stuff, and the "insider" talk tends to be about specific material, artists process stuff, and slagging on the labels type stuff, rather than "upcoming release date" stuff or "guess who just submitted their album" type stuff. Some of those are "blind items", some not.  Occasionally, there's tidbits about upcoming releases...but not a ton of it.  I think there's more talk about video game release dates and delays (and how the music industry could never operate that way) than there is about when so and so's next album is going to drop, or where it is in process of creation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:39:38 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

Thank you for the insight!  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »

Honestly

I had hope at the end of last year that in 2015 I would be able to see guns live or hear some new music.   

Now I would say we won't have either. 

Here is to 2016!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: