Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New 2 hr interview with Doug Goldstein - by Mitch Lafon
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 2 hr interview with Doug Goldstein - by Mitch Lafon  (Read 10174 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »

Those are all very valid points.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »

Obviously he knew they were filming it with the intent of releasing it... but at the time he maybe didn't want to.. and it was done without him knowing at that time.

That is sort of what I think too.

I just find it impossible to believe he could hear that recording and decide that's something that needs be put out ASAP.

And, although we are getting way down the rabbit hole here, maybe you had to keep him in the dark because they knew he'd never sign off on going through with this.

I don't care to debate whether or not he sounded his best that night...

More interested in whether or not TB would really push it thru without his complete approval at that time. People on other forums really believe that, and that they were briefly fired for doing it... obviously that is pure rumor, with no way to back up... but hearing another party mention it...just makes me curios.

But often when there is smoke there is fire.

Honestly I have never heard this rumor and really can't see it.

It's not like booking a tour without the guy knowing.  It would take more than just Axl signing off on this for its release.  So I can't just see how his personal managers could push it threw alone.  

And if Axl didn't support it.  I really didn't think the Dizzy "yes man" reed would of been out promoting it
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »

Obviously he knew they were filming it with the intent of releasing it... but at the time he maybe didn't want to.. and it was done without him knowing at that time.

That is sort of what I think too.

I just find it impossible to believe he could hear that recording and decide that's something that needs be put out ASAP.

And, although we are getting way down the rabbit hole here, maybe you had to keep him in the dark because they knew he'd never sign off on going through with this.

Just like duff and slash.  Axl would have to sign off on it.  

It's not like Axl is the president of some huge cOn my way! any with thousands of employes with hundreds of daily activities that need his consent

The rapid fire guy can't get that music out because it's not in guns best interest.  Duff and slash had legal issues with Axl in the past, with Axl preventing guns music on soundtracks (Blackhawk down).   So as history has proven, if Axl doesn't want something out.   It's not coming out

Yes all true.. I don't really think Axl didn't know it was coming out... maybe he was just mad about an aspect of it... I don't know... Just pointing out that the theory is out there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »

Doug repeating it could just be a game of telephone where he heard from a guy that heard from a guy, and the original source could just be some guy talking out his ass.

I somehow missed whenever Doug's letter to Axl came out, but I just read it.  My god, does it sound desperate.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »

Doug repeating it could just be a game of telephone where he heard from a guy that heard from a guy, and the original source could just be some guy talking out his ass.

I somehow missed whenever Doug's letter to Axl came out, but I just read it.  My god, does it sound desperate.

Yes. Definitely. His letter... and GNR stuff post 2002 all sounds fishy... but his stuff from earlier all sounds legit to me.

Also, interesting to hear him say he corresponds with Ron... that would be a no no you would think on Ron's part.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 12:51:59 PM »

Also, interesting to hear him say he corresponds with Ron... that would be a no no you would think on Ron's part.

Does anybody know how Doug and Ron got to know each other? Doug was long gone when Ron came into the GNR family.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »

Wow, that guy is intense.  2 hours into the interview, he still sounded all hopped up and ready go for 10 more hours.  I'm exhausted after a 15 minute conversation.

It's incredible, and in some ways impressive, that a guy whose only background was in concert security ended up managing the world's biggest band at the height of their popularity.  In any case, it seemed that he was in over his head.  I doubt his story about the MTV Awards, if I had to bet on it, I would say he really did drop the ball on that one.  He doesn't come across as a stable person.

Also, his self-awareness could use some work; it seems that everyone but him would know how transparently self-serving he's being with his declarations of love for this, that and the other guy and how they're all family to him. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: