Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Tracii Guns about his ex-bandmate Axl Rose
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tracii Guns about his ex-bandmate Axl Rose  (Read 9085 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »

I know it's an old interview but I was reading it and I think that he is right in every single way.

Ugly Phil of Australia's long-running rock station Triple M spoke to L.A. GUNS guitarist Tracii Guns about the recent antics of GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, a former bandmate of Tracii's in the pre-GN'R outfit HOLLYWOOD ROSE and the very early days of GUNS N' ROSES.

"I kind of equate Axl almost to a Jim Morrison type ? almost," Tracii said. "[But] they're obviously very different.

"The thing about [Axl] is that he wants to do it his own way," added Tracii. "He goes by his gut and he has a weird spiritual thing with psychics. In his mind, he's expanded to a higher level."

He continued, "I think if [Axl] had a solid partner ? music partner ? in his life that not only that he listened to but somebody that he truly respected musically and somebody that he had a great time with and somebody he believed in, I think that it could go more the way of the rock that the fan base would prefer, I think. But you can't do it on your own and a lot of people in Axl's position think they can do it on their own. And that's the only thing I can criticize about him is that he doesn't have that great partner. Elton John's got a partner, McCartney's got a partner, Lady Gaga's got a partner, everybody's got a partner. I've got Jizzy [Pearl, L.A. GUNS singer] and Jizzy's got me. And that's the only thing missing from Axl's life ? a great partner."

Video fotoage of Tracii Guns talking about Axl Rose in the studios of Triple M can be viewed below.

In a January 2007 interview with the South Wales Echo, Tracii stated about his early years as a member of GUNS N' ROSES, "If I had stayed with Axl, I don't know if GUNS N' ROSES would have been any better or worse but I think it would have been a very different band. We would have had a bit more fire. But the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level."

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him 100 percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them any more. He's so talented but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-says-axl-rose-needs-a-solid-music-partner/#z7JwLlEKLoE8xSRf.99

What do you think about these words from Tracii?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »

I think that last part is true... and it is similar to what other people have said in the past...with Axl you are either with him 100 percent of you are against him...seems like there is never any middle ground.

It's also true... that he has no equal or partner in crime musically anymore... positives and negatives...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:53 AM »

The same could be said about the alumni in general.
Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff are all talented enough to produce their own quality records, but the days of truly great records are likely over for them.
Cliche, but the whole is greater than the sum of it?s parts couldn?t apply more to classic GN?R.
They all complimented/elevated each others styles/abilities to heights that no other writing partners they?ve found since have managed.

I think Axl and Slash have both shown flashes of brilliance since the split, but they are both currently in bands where the surrounding talent is inferior to their own.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:36:55 AM »

The same could be said about the alumni in general.
Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff are all talented enough to produce their own quality records, but the days of truly great records are likely over for them.
Cliche, but the whole is greater than the sum of it?s parts couldn?t apply more to classic GN?R.
They all complimented/elevated each others styles/abilities to heights that no other writing partners they?ve found since have managed.

I think Axl and Slash have both shown flashes of brilliance since the split, but they are both currently in bands where the surrounding talent is inferior to their own.

I love a good portion of Chinese Democracy and Contraband...but other than those two records... I agree with you and the surrounding talent with them all currently is not up to par.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »

I know it's an old interview but I was reading it and I think that he is right in every single way.

Every single way huh?  Including this way.....?

Tracii stated "If I had stayed with Axl, I don't know if GUNS N' ROSES would have been any better or worse but I think it would have been a very different band. We would have had a bit more fire.

Guns N Roses would've had a bit more fire with Tracii?  Yeah, Appetite for Destruction was certainly lacking that.   Roll Eyes hihi

I mean Tracii Guns -- a guy who couldn't be bothered to show to rehearsals?  A guy who didn't care to go on the infamous Hell Tour?  A guy who isn't one iota as talented as Slash?  (FYI -- Tracii admitted years ago that Slash was ultimately a better fit for GNR than he was.)

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »

Yea that comment is ridiculous and delusional
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 04:18:25 PM »

What? Axl is trolling TG's myspace?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:13:43 AM »

"I didn't say he posted on my MySpace. He was looking at old members MySpace pages with a mutual friend
of mine and calling us "Shit on his shoe" . As you can see, I took the high road answering this question
whereas I probably could have said a lot of other things and I chose not to. As far as him needing a solid
music partner maybe I am wrong and he should just continue what he is doing."

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Princess Leia
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »

Well Tracii has great sense of humor. He left the band because he didn?t wanna go to Seatle, going to Seatle was not Axl's idea. And Tracii priority was L.A. I don't blame him. At that time L.A. Guns seemed to have a bigger chance than GN?R. They all were still in their other bands except Duff.

Tracii, Rob, and Ole left because they didn?t believe GN?R had a future. Nor they care to fight to get a future in GN?R. There is no other explanation.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »

Well Tracii has great sense of humor. He left the band because he didn?t wanna go to Seatle, going to Seatle was not Axl's idea. And Tracii priority was L.A. I don't blame him. At that time L.A. Guns seemed to have a bigger chance than GN?R. They all were still in their other bands except Duff.

Tracii, Rob, and Ole left because they didn?t believe GN?R had a future. Nor they care to fight to get a future in GN?R. There is no other explanation.

Ole left the band after playing one show, and reportedly was depressed about it until his death in 1991.  Tracii and Rob made their choices and rolled their dice.  They paid for it.  But the fans got lucky, because I don't believe for a second that any lineup other than what became the original 5 members would've made Guns N Roses....... Guns N Roses.   Cool
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »

yeah destiny is a bitch, I didn't know Ole's story, seems pretty dark.

but if I had the chance to cross Axl's path in my life, I'm sure I would have seen his potential

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »

Tracii's had way more musicians rotate out of LA Guns than GNR ever did.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 12:38:59 AM »

Dude is fucking joking right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: