Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30833 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »

The band is just a few months on hiatus and people are  already speculate about the end. Come on it's normal when a band is on hiatus for some time?

Exactly this, it hasn't even been a full year yet

So when it has been a full year, will you feel any different?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »

Time has no bounds with Axl.

The amount of time isn't an issue... the fact that the band is missing a lead guitar player at the moment is more alarming... or at least it should be... unless you simply don't care who takes part in GNR with Axl.

Besides... I don't think anybody could tell you with a straight face they expected news about the new album by now... When it comes out... we will all like a good chunk of it... I'm sure.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:20:24 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »

December 5th, 2002 - New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden -> May 12th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
July 21st, 2007 - Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka -> December 11th, 2009 - Taipei, Taiwan @ Taipei City Stadium

Get used to it. The band takes breaks.

For years I read some of you complain about the pointless touring, the boring shows you didn't attend and so on. Enjoy the hiatus!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »

The band is just a few months on hiatus and people are  already speculate about the end. Come on it's normal when a band is on hiatus for some time?

What do you think?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

What do you think?

Of course not, that?s why I thought it odd to point out that it hasn?t even been a year yet because, even if it had, what difference would that make? 
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2015, 12:46:35 PM »

December 5th, 2002 - New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden -> May 12th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
July 21st, 2007 - Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka -> December 11th, 2009 - Taipei, Taiwan @ Taipei City Stadium

For years I read some of you complain about the pointless touring, the boring shows you didn't attend and so on. Enjoy the hiatus!

/jarmo

First, we did attend boring shows.   Grin

Second, the difference here is that, just a few months ago, we had band members talking about a lot of activity planned for Guns in 2015...then, as you described it, "something changed" and now the band is on a hiatus.

For me, it's trying to know what that "something" is that changed the focus.  I would guess it would be more than just the band realizing they hadn't had a break in a long time.  Maybe it's to take a break from touring...maybe it's to focus on the new album...maybe it's to let people focus on their other bands (meaning they don't need a break from touring, just a break from Guns n Roses)...maybe it's to regroup and figure out what to do post-Ron...[insert other maybes]. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »

/jarmo

No I'm sorry I'm not in that camp... I've spent my hard earned money on every version of this band since 2001 and i enjoyed it every time...definitely not boring.

I have no issue with the"hiatus"... but I am very curious as to what the future holds due to the fact more lineup changes are about to take affect.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »

This isn't a dig or troll - I'm not up for that shit.

It's just that a heads up now and then sure would go a long way to make the hiatus an easier journey for the many thousands of Guns fans worldwide.

Of course, there will always be people that moan and complain about whatever the band may say. To bring back a quote of Axl's...I say fuck that shit!

At least the masses of Guns fans will be on track with their favourite band.

jmo and not a criticism....I love this band \m/

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

/jarmo

No I'm sorry I'm not in that camp... I've spent my hard earned money on every version of this band since 2001 and i enjoyed it every time...definitely not boring.

I have no issue with the"hiatus"... but I am very curious as to what the future holds due to the fact more lineup changes are about to take affect.

Agreed.  I don't know if any of the people in the "doom and gloom" camp haven't been to any shows.  I'd venture to guess most, if not all of us, have seen GnR on one of their recent tours.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »

I Happy Whit Actually Of GNR

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »

A boring GN'R show? Are you serious?

Second, the difference here is that, just a few months ago, we had band members talking about a lot of activity planned for Guns in 2015...then, as you described it, "something changed" and now the band is on a hiatus.

For me, it's trying to know what that "something" is that changed the focus.  I would guess it would be more than just the band realizing they hadn't had a break in a long time.  Maybe it's to take a break from touring...maybe it's to focus on the new album...maybe it's to let people focus on their other bands (meaning they don't need a break from touring, just a break from Guns n Roses)...maybe it's to regroup and figure out what to do post-Ron...[insert other maybes]. 

All of the above are possible.

It's also possible that there were touring plans for 2015, but once they started to finalize them, it became like jigsaw puzzle because some of the guys had already made plans with their other bands.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »

A boring GN'R show? Are you serious?

/jarmo

Of course I'm not serious.  You were the one who first said "boring show" a few posts above (I assumed you were joking) and thus played off of that.  Hence the big smiley face emoji.  I have enjoyed every GnR concert I've been to.  That has never been an issue.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

Yeah. I could never understand those kinds of comments.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »

All of the above are possible.

It's also possible that there were touring plans for 2015, but once they started to finalize them, it became like jigsaw puzzle because some of the guys had already made plans with their other bands.

/jarmo

Yeah, that's possible too.  I didn't really think of that.  It seems that, in the past, they didn't give too much consideration to other members side projects (at least as it applied to Ron).  I recall Ron having to cancel his solo tour at the last minute to go on tour with Guns.  I'm sure there's another side to that story (I think Ron made mention of it in an interview a while back).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »

Of course I'm not serious.  You were the one who first said "boring show" a few posts above (I assumed you were joking) and thus played off of that.  Hence the big smiley face emoji.  I have enjoyed every GnR concert I've been to.  That has never been an issue.

I have always found that one dumbass argument.

"The people in the seats sure seemed to be having fun, smartguy.  You are just a hater."

Who the hell ever said people in the building didn't have fun?  Well, Reading, I guess.  They didn't seem to be digging it.  But on average, no one has ever, ever, ever, EVER argued people in the building did not have fun at their show in their town.  Never argued one time.

But how in the blue hell is that a rebuttal to a minimally observant comment that a certain tour, as a whole, is little more than the band running in place?  "No Trickery"..."Appetite For Democracy"...there is nothing new about any of that.  Its the same show celebrating a 25 year old album.  

Compare it say, the shows in 2009/10.  Hell, even 2006/07, if you want.  Both saw new songs in the mix.  It was the band moving forward.

The 2012, 2013, or 2014 might have well been called the "Why The Hell Not" tour.  Doesn't mean its not still fun.  But its not a strong argument anything is progressing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »

Yeah, that's possible too.  I didn't really think of that.  It seems that, in the past, they didn't give too much consideration to other members side projects (at least as it applied to Ron).  I recall Ron having to cancel his solo tour at the last minute to go on tour with Guns.  I'm sure there's another side to that story (I think Ron made mention of it in an interview a while back).

Last year Tommy had conflicting plans. That was just Tommy. One guy. But imagine if it's Dj, Richard, Dizzy, Tommy and then you don't know what's really going on with Ron.
It's a bit more complicated all of a sudden.

This is all hypothetical though.
But since free thinking is so cool..... Wink

/jarmo

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »

Well, unless it gets like it was after 02 for a few years, I'm not worried about any "hiatus" they take. Those years were tough.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »

Well, unless it gets like it was after 02 for a few years, I'm not worried about any "hiatus" they take. Those years were tough.

Were you here back in those days?

The posts here don't go back quite that far, but what was the mood?  Everything's fine?  Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain?  It will all work out?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »

Last year Tommy had conflicting plans. That was just Tommy. One guy. But imagine if it's Dj, Richard, Dizzy, Tommy and then you don't know what's really going on with Ron.
It's a bit more complicated all of a sudden.

This is all hypothetical though.
But since free thinking is so cool..... Wink

/jarmo

It's kind of the tail wagging the dog when the "side" projects are dictating the band's plans...but yeah, I can see how when everyone is off doing something else it makes it more difficult than when one member has other plans.  Except when that one member is Ron...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »

It's kind of the tail wagging the dog when the "side" projects are dictating the band's plans...but yeah, I can see how when everyone is off doing something else it makes it more difficult than when one member has other plans.  Except when that one member is Ron...

Here's the thing though.

Don't you think the guys seem to be getting a bit more proactive in doing the side stuff because the main band they are supposedly in does nothing?

I just wonder if the conversation goes like this :

Member of side project : "So what's up?  We're thinking of getting it started up again."

GNR member : "Cool, cool.  Do we have anything lined up?"

Member of side project : "Well, obviously everyone has to check with their other commitments.  Have you talked to Axl?"

<both guys laugh>

Member of side project : "I know, I know.  But I had to at least ask.  Professional courtesy and all that.  So you are good whenever?"

GNR member : "Pretty much."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: