Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  One Man's Plan To Reunite Guns N' Roses (Mini-Doc)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One Man's Plan To Reunite Guns N' Roses (Mini-Doc)  (Read 36584 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

The argument could be pretty easily made that if you going to see a show built around a 25 year old album, there is more value in seeing the people that actually recorded it than seeing the fill-ins for the fill-ins do it.

I just find it hard to believe people would stick to their guns and not go see a reunion tour out of some artistic objection.  Its the very height of pointless conjecture as its never going to happen, but if it did, I don't think there would be many hold outs on that front.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »

The argument could be pretty easily made that if you going to see a show built around a 25 year old album, there is more value in seeing the people that actually recorded it than seeing the fill-ins for the fill-ins do it.

I just find it hard to believe people would stick to their guns and not go see a reunion tour out of some artistic objection.  Its the very height of pointless conjecture as its never going to happen, but if it did, I don't think there would be many hold outs on that front.

Yeah... you would give anything to go see Buckethead and Robin play Sweet Child o Mine and Rocket Queen, but not Slash and Izzy...Funny.

Stay of Execution featuring everybody from Bucket to DJ and release all the left overs under that name and play some shows featuring those songs and then a classic/illusion reunion... that would cover every nut job on the internet wouldn't it?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »

Certain fans who would wet themselves if there was a reunion are the same ones who've been whining about the "cash grab" and "pointless" touring. Ironic.

/jarmo

Cannot apply to me since I have never coveted a reunion. An argument though can be made that, seeing as Axl is now a golden oldies act anyway with his new band, he may as well deliver the same 'nostalgia' with the creators of the nostalgia. The best argument after all against reuniting in my opinion was the prospect of new progressive music and not the same 'Snakepit' style albums.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 01:47:03 PM »

Cannot apply to me since I have never coveted a reunion. An argument though can be made that, seeing as Axl is now a golden oldies act anyway with his new band, he may as well deliver the same 'nostalgia' with the creators of the nostalgia. The best argument after all against reuniting in my opinion was the prospect of new progressive music and not the same 'Snakepit' style albums.

That, or even on a more base level, just to do SOMETHING with the name and keys to the operation.

Instead, we have one album in 20 years.  And are starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in regard to releasing further music (once we figure out who is in the band).

Was it the Loder interview where he said "they didn't record all this music just to sit on it"?  Ah...memories.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »

Yeah. You could make that argument. But at the same time, you know it could be labeled the ultimate "cash grab". But obviously those people wouldn't make that kind of objections then now would they?  hihi

I just find it hard to believe people would stick to their guns and not go see a reunion tour out of some artistic objection. 

I disagree. I bet some would see it as the ultimate "sell out".

Another phrase often thrown around.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

Yeah. You could make that argument. But at the same time, you know it could be labeled the ultimate "cash grab". But obviously those people wouldn't make that kind of objections then now would they?  hihi

I just find it hard to believe people would stick to their guns and not go see a reunion tour out of some artistic objection. 

I disagree. I bet some would see it as the ultimate "sell out".

Another phrase often thrown around.

/jarmo

If Axl wanted to play with Slash or with whoever again for WHATEVER reason... People here who praise every thing he does or show ultimate support would all of a sudden think less of him?

Come on...It's Axl's life and his art... the people who are behind him 100 percent wouldn't knock him for any kind of reunion...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

If Axl wanted to play with Slash or with whoever again for WHATEVER reason... People here who praise every thing he does or show ultimate support would all of a sudden think less of him?

Come on...It's Axl's life and his art... the people who are behind him 100 percent wouldn't knock him for any kind of reunion...

I think some of them would feel betrayed. Some people have that vibe.

Just like some never accepted the fact that Axl kept going. Two sides of the same coin.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »

Not for one second.  

There would be a new set of talking points how this was all good in the hood by close of business the day it was announced they were talking.

Slash would also undergo a miraculous recovery in perception, almost instantly.  

Isn't that how it went with all the others?  What other time Axl patched it up with one of the guys did people not get right onboard with it?

Izzy said some flat out brutal things about Axl, did he not?  Did anyone care once he got onstage and played 4th guitar on 'Patience'?  Nope.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »

I think some of them would feel betrayed. Some people have that vibe.

Just like some never accepted the fact that Axl kept going. Two sides of the same coin.

/jarmo

There is always somebody who will HATE everything... Unfortunately, those people can't be helped.

With the exception of some fans who live and breathe with Bucket and Robins parts on Chinese and feel that is the only GNR lineup to them... nobody would be upset or not on board.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 03:36:14 PM »

Not for one second.  

There would be a new set of talking points how this was all good in the hood by close of business the day it was announced they were talking.

Slash would also undergo a miraculous recovery in perception, almost instantly.  

Isn't that how it went with all the others?  What other time Axl patched it up with one of the guys did people not get right onboard with it?

Izzy said some flat out brutal things about Axl, did he not?  Did anyone care once he got onstage and played 4th guitar on 'Patience'?  Nope.

Yeah... all was forgiven with Duff and Izzy when they made amends... same would happen with Slash, not that I expect them to make amends.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:25 PM »

There is always somebody who will HATE everything... Unfortunately, those people can't be helped.

Oh I know. I've dealt with plenty of that kind of people over the years!  rofl

With the exception of some fans who live and breathe with Bucket and Robins parts on Chinese and feel that is the only GNR lineup to them... nobody would be upset or not on board.

I might be exaggerating a little. But there's some fans who would be a bit let down. Like they might feel like they supported Axl though it all only for him to go back to the old band.
Kinda like they were wrong and all those people who hated the (new) band and were clamoring for a reunion were right.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

In a weird way, they are my favorite group of GNR fans.  Mostly for humor's sake.

They wax downright poetic about that line-up, don't they?  A line-up that was only together for what, 3 years?  Released nothing.  And really, did they even play 50 total shows?

But those guys go on like that line-up were the fucking Beatles of their time.

I like when they say they don't just want an album of stuff that line-up did, but a BOX SET.  Are you high?  Where is the market for that?  There isn't anything approaching consensus even within GNR fandom that stuff was utter brilliance.  And you think you can market a box set of their outtakes?

People are a trip.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

Wouldn't you buy it?

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »

Wouldn't you buy it?

/jarmo

I would... get all of those songs out.

Buckethead and Josh Freese would probably like to hear them .. because you know they don't remember what they did ha. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:22:20 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:57 PM »

I'd be interested in it as a lifelong Guns N' Roses fan.

But I damn sure wouldn't want to be in the pitch meeting trying to sell the label on funding and marketing it.

That's the kind of thing that might come out on some bootleg at some point.  An official release?  Be serious.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »

I'd be interested in it as a lifelong Guns N' Roses fan.

Is that a yes or no?

FYI, plenty of box sets have been released by bands less popular than GN'R. Wonder why since there's no market for them....

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »

He didn't actually state that he could reunite them... not that it matters

Yes he did.  Not with those words, but with his grand vision and presentation at the end about how Slash and Axl could be reunited.
mortismurphy
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 06:40:23 PM »

If it is a choice of getting a reunion or the remaining Chinese outtakes, that is no choice at all. I would take the latter. But considering we have neither of those two, we have the worst possible scenario of all: a cash happy 1980s nostalgia act which does not even have the common decency to be bona fide nostalgia.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »

Why do you keep coming back to repeat the same boring lines week after week?

Your posts could've been made in 1995, 2005 or 2015.

You were gone for a while, it was pretty nice not to read your whining.  peace
Shouldn't you be on some AC/DC fan site talking about their exciting new tour when they'll play all those exciting (three) new tracks?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:59:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

He didn't actually state that he could reunite them... not that it matters

Yes he did.  Not with those words, but with his grand vision and presentation at the end about how Slash and Axl could be reunited.

I agree.

Our latest voice of reason.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: