Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 115768 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« on: May 07, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »

Slash appeared on CBS This Morning today to announce the new music video for his song ?Beneath the Savage Sun.? The tune and video, which he created with his band Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, was written and shot to help raise awareness for endangered elephants.

The guitarist has long distanced himself from any talk of returning to Guns N' Roses ? the band he joined in 1985 and left in 1996 after helping them become one of the biggest groups in the world.

Slash recently said he was sick of being asked about the possibility of a reunion of the classic lineup, but today told CBS News that much of animosity between himself and the singer has dissipated.

He says: "I got to be careful what I say there, I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that. Never say never."

He adds: "There's no animosity. Over time we all just got sick and tired of the black cloud. The biggest thing that happens when you have a break up that is less than harmonious, you build up a bad energy because of the distance. The bad feelings get exaggerated."

Read More: Slash Says 'Never Say Never' to Guns N' Roses Reunion | http://loudwire.com/slash-never-say-never-guns-n-roses-reunion/?trackback=tsmclip
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »

We're pretty certain Axl needs a new guitarist right??
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »

So.. his new cd isn't doing as well as he'd hoped?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:22 PM »

When he says there is no animosity, I don't think it should be misinterpretted that he's speaking for everyone.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »

I don't know if he was hoping for more...but it was well received and sold decently.

I'm going to see him play tonight at terminal 5... I'm excited.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »

When he says there is no animosity, I don't think it should be misinterpretted that he's speaking for everyone.

Correct.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

He was doing very good business in Europe. Enjoy tonight.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »

"World On Fire" was released in September of 2014 and it did pretty well.

"World On Fire", the third album to be made available under the Slash solo banner, sold around 29,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 10 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 16 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America).

"World On Fire" first-week chart positions:

Switzerland: #1
Australia: #2
Germany: #2
Ireland: #2
Japan: #3
Finland: #3
France: #4
Austria: #5
UK: #7
USA: #10

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »

"World On Fire" was released in September of 2014 and it did pretty well.

"World On Fire", the third album to be made available under the Slash solo banner, sold around 29,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 10 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 16 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America).

"World On Fire" first-week chart positions:

Switzerland: #1
Australia: #2
Germany: #2
Ireland: #2
Japan: #3
Finland: #3
France: #4
Austria: #5
UK: #7
USA: #10

Even if sales are not astronomical, he must be making good money given that he's using his own label.  I'd be interested in knowing what multiple of sales you would need to have with a big label to net out the same money using your own label.  For example, would an artist selling 100,000 units independently net out the same money selling 1,000,000 with a big label?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »

My point was more that he has to draw attention to himself by creating a click-baiting pull quote for the interview that's far more interesting than anything he's doing as a solo performer.

I'm expecting people to come back with 'he was just answering the question and it's how he feels right now'.  If you really believe that you'll believe anything.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »

Well, I'll say it : never.

There is no evidence Axl has matured or mellowed at all on this particular subject.

This comment from Slash is only news if he was the problem.  But he's not the holdout here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »

At this point a reunion is the only hope  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 02:30:17 PM »

Everyone can change their mind. The thing is we don't know 100% what went on between Axl and Slash, so it's hard to say what Axl might do.

He's been rock steady on his position on the subject though, so I really don't see him doing a 180 in the foreseeable future.

But, as Slash said, never say never. There was a time I never could envision Duff or Izzy performing with Axl again, it was a huge surprise to me when it happened, especially Duff.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 02:41:38 PM »

Only hope? For what?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »

My point was more that he has to draw attention to himself by creating a click-baiting pull quote for the interview that's far more interesting than anything he's doing as a solo performer.

I'm expecting people to come back with 'he was just answering the question and it's how he feels right now'.  If you really believe that you'll believe anything.

Yeah, what an attention seeking whore for the limelight. Why does he feel the need to write, record, tour albums and promote them in interviews?
And why answer a question someone asks you that?s interesting to fans of a band he helped create?
He should stop creating music, and granting interviews, and just tour the hits incessantly and maybe send out a few miscellaneous tweets from his couch in between looney toons re-runs.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »

If you watch the actual interview, I think you can see that Slash is uncomfortable with the barrage of GNR questions.  He is there to talk about the new single he released and to get attention for the charity he wants people to donate to.  I didn't get the feeling that he was trying to create headlines, but he was on national TV and he was asked about a reunion.  I think as long as everyone is still alive then 'never say never' is an acceptable answer. 
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »

Didn't Axl give the same answer a while back about the subject if it were for the right reasons but not for money? Or was that in one of the other guys interviews?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »

Only hope? For what?

Relevance?

Little point spending too much time on it, because Axl has been quite clear on this.  Clear to the point of absurdity, in some cases.

Honestly, Slash would probably have been netter served just saying he was done with all that.  Its vague, consequence free statements like this that get the reunion zealots all fired up.  "Never say never" is basically their credo.  No need to feed into it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »

Didn't Axl give the same answer a while back about the subject if it were for the right reasons but not for money? Or was that in one of the other guys interviews?

Axl's answers are about cancer, funerals, and unscrupulous managers.  And warnings that trying to "ambush him" is a bad idea.

Not the words of a guy terribly interested in the subject.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 03:11:32 PM »

Not Axl I think. He's always been 100% dismissive on the subject of reunion.

The only time he talked about maybe doing something with the old band (not necessarily playing together) was in the TMS interview about the possibility of being inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: