Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 114886 times)
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 03:17:56 PM »

Didn't Axl give the same answer a while back about the subject if it were for the right reasons but not for money? Or was that in one of the other guys interviews?

It was the Fortus interview I was thinking of http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-reunite/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:19:49 PM by SV4GNR » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »

The problem is that Axl is always all wrapped up in "not giving in" and builds up so many things as this struggle between the forces of good and evil.

So once everything is so intertwined like that, you're kind of fucked.  You can't just patch it up with a guy because you spent all this time saying how doing so would be a sign of retreat and weakness.  So just burying the hatchet because grudges are stupid is not an option, its all this great struggle for righteousness.

The real tragedy there being that 99% of the music listening public would not give 2 shits about any of that and would just be glad they patched it up.  You would have your diehard Axl loyalists that adopt all his causes as their own.  They'd be pissed and maybe a bit betrayed.  But shit, even among that crowd, you'd have people onboard because they adopt whatever mindset he has at any given moment.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »

At this point a reunion is the only hope  ok

Only hope? For what?

Relevance?

Little point spending too much time on it, because Axl has been quite clear on this.  Clear to the point of absurdity, in some cases.

Honestly, Slash would probably have been netter served just saying he was done with all that.  Its vague, consequence free statements like this that get the reunion zealots all fired up.  "Never say never" is basically their credo.  No need to feed into it.

How's a reunion the only hope for relevance? It's basically the wet dream for those who like to look back.....

Yeah. If the aim of the interview was to raise awareness for some animal campaign, it's kinda not doing that at the moment...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »

Didn't Axl give the same answer a while back about the subject if it were for the right reasons but not for money? Or was that in one of the other guys interviews?

It was the Fortus interview I was thinking of http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-reunite/

Yeah, I guess that's Richard interpretation of Axl's mindset when it comes to this.

If it were ever to happen, it surely wouldn't be just for the money.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »

If you watch the actual interview, I think you can see that Slash is uncomfortable with the barrage of GNR questions.  He is there to talk about the new single he released and to get attention for the charity he wants people to donate to. 

Yeah, I just posted a thread in the VR section (the proper section) with the REAL interview.  The one posted here is just a piece of the story, and the only people being "baited" are the ones who want to endlessly criticize Slash for talking about GNR, and the ones who want to argue endlessly about a reunion.  And they are pretty easy to bait.   Tongue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »

How's a reunion the only hope for relevance? It's basically the wet dream for those who like to look back.....

Because from now until they all shuffle off this mortal coil, a reunion is going to be #'s 1-4 on a 5 item list about what people want to see from Guns N' Roses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »

If you watch the actual interview, I think you can see that Slash is uncomfortable with the barrage of GNR questions.  He is there to talk about the new single he released and to get attention for the charity he wants people to donate to. 

Yeah, I just posted a thread in the VR section (the proper section) with the REAL interview.  The one posted here is just a piece of the story, and the only people being "baited" are the ones who want to endlessly criticize Slash for talking about GNR.  And they are pretty easy to bait.

Just do not get that whole mindset.  Never have.

They are mad at Slash because Axl is mad at Slash.  Oooh, oooh, look how loyal we are being, Uncle Axl.

Nevermind that the guy is the lead guitarist on most of our favorite rock tracks of alltime. 

Crazy talk.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 03:43:51 PM »

Because from now until they all shuffle off this mortal coil, a reunion is going to be #'s 1-4 on a 5 item list about what people want to see from Guns N' Roses.

Just because people want something, doesn't make it relevant.
Motley Crue is out touring with their most popular line up, doesn't mean they're relevant in 2015 does it?

That's the part I disagreed about and that was why I asked what it was the only hope for.

So the question remains,  what is it the only hope for?

Regarding your hypothesis why people would be "mad" at Slash. You'd be surprised how many people can read and aren't lazy. They read. Maybe they did some free thinking and came to their own conclusions! Shocked  I don't know, I didn't ask. But that's my guess based on reading posts and listening to what they have to say.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:47:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »

I dont know what it is...maybe im getting old...but for the last few (10) years ive said no no no to any kind of reunion. Let by gones be by gones. Loved both era's as such. Old n new. I love all the old band and the new and never combined the two. Two different era's. But for the past few weeks ive kinda like been what the hell...lifes far too short, id love to see axl n slash on the same stage again. Even if its a song or 2. Sorry Jarmo! I think both fans old n new (except 2) would appreciate it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

Yeah, I just posted a thread in the VR section (the proper section) with the REAL interview.  The one posted here is just a piece of the story, and the only people being "baited" are the ones who want to endlessly criticize Slash for talking about GNR.  And they are pretty easy to bait.

They are mad at Slash because Axl is mad at Slash.  Oooh, oooh, look how loyal we are being, Uncle Axl.

Nevermind that the guy is the lead guitarist on most of our favorite rock tracks of alltime. 

Crazy talk.

I think, for many people this stems back from the early days of VR especially. Slash talked a lot of shit about Axl, and I think that divided the fanbase + a group of people that just remained neutral. Similar thing when Axl struck back some years later.

It's possible not to care about Slash - the person, and still enjoy his contributions in GNR.

Personally I consider myself quite neutral, leaning against believing Axl when it comes to the recollection of what happened way back when.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »

Crazy talk.

I think, for many people this stems back from the early days of VR especially. Slash talked a lot of shit about Axl, and I think that divided the fanbase + a group of people that just remained neutral. Similar thing when Axl struck back some years later.

It's possible not to care about Slash - the person, and still enjoy his contributions in GNR.

Personally I consider myself quite neutral, leaning against believing Axl when it comes to the recollection of what happened way back when.

Slash admitted he was nasty and bitter towards Axl during that time.

Like I've said int he past... I don't know either party personally... don't care about their silly feud anymore. Love them both as entertainers, and I'm excited to see Slash tonight and hopefully Axl the next time there is a GNR tour.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »

Yeah, I'd probably classify myself the same.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 03:53:20 PM »

Like I've said int he past... I don't know either party personally... don't care about their silly feud anymore. Love them both as entertainers, and I'm excited to see Slash tonight and hopefully Axl the next time there is a GNR tour.

I want to see them both succeed.  To both be doing as well as they can and both be happy.

I wish it was together, but I made my peace with that not happening.  But I'm not going to root for either one to fail.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »

Oh, the headlines....

Slash Says He?s Down For A Guns N? Roses Reunion? Your Move, Axl

http://www.vh1.com/news/15115/slash-would-do-a-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »

Oh, the headlines....

Yeah and this is what's going to get certain people all hot n bothered...

Everybody take a deep breath  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 03:55:17 PM »

Oh, the headlines....

Hahahaha

Yeah, this is what you get.

But this is what I was saying to Jarmo a few posts back.  No matter what Axl, Slash, or even Duff ever do, the most interesting thing will always be a possible reunion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »

The attention spans of some people never ceases to amaze me.

VH1 could've written that same headline in 2012 for the RNRHOF ceremony!  hihi
Or every other year since Slash quit...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »

The attention spans of some people never ceases to amaze me.

VH1 could've written that same headline in 2012 for the RNRHOF ceremony!  hihi
Or every other year since Slash quit...

Could they though?

Hasn't he taken to saying the past few years that he was done with all that and had moved on?

This would represent a softening of that stance. And the reunion zealots don't need much to go on.

"Never say never" is basically their credo and mission statement.  "Never say never" was why the HOF was going to happen, in their eyes.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 04:00:55 PM »

Just because people want something, doesn't make it relevant.
Motley Crue is out touring with their most popular line up, doesn't mean they're relevant in 2015 does it?

That's the part I disagreed about and that was why I asked what it was the only hope for.

So the question remains,  what is it the only hope for?

Regarding your hypothesis why people would be "mad" at Slash. You'd be surprised how many people can read and aren't lazy. They read. Maybe they did some free thinking and came to their own conclusions! Shocked  I don't know, I didn't ask. But that's my guess based on reading posts and listening to what they have to say.

/jarmo

With all due respect Jarmo, The Crue hasnt been relevant since the 80's. It's kind of comparing apples to oranges.

In terms of relevance, the reason GNR is still relevant to this day is because of the work of the core four members of GNR.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »

With all due respect Jarmo, The Crue hasnt been relevant since the 80's. It's kind of comparing apples to oranges.

In terms of relevance, the reason GNR is still relevant to this day is because of the work of the core four members of GNR.

Agreed on both.

Their body of work from 1987-1993 is what put them, and keeps them, in the public consciousness.

Sure, those of us around here hope like hell the current line-up (or close to it) puts out a new album this year or next.  But we aren't the general public.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: