Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227817 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 115868 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »

I guess speculation keeps some people occupied  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2015, 09:41:28 PM »

Hahaha.  Yes

It's one of many things
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #522 on: May 27, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

I'd gladly take the alternative.

But wouldn't we all?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »

How would this work honestly?

So the label spent a decade funding this music.   Now you really think they would just let Axl release any music just under his name or another band name or with another label?   No chance in hell.    If the label was serious about releasing music as well, they would be promoting the name guns n roses to the max    

Totally agree. 

Well, unless you are suggesting Axl is super willing, but the label is not.  That, I do not believe.

But I totally agree they did not invest in the name "Guns N' Roses" all this time to waste it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:17:40 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »

If they do I just fear that the other Chinese era material will be gone...

Why?  I don't think that the two concepts are mutually exclusive.  Duff came back and played CD songs.  Why would a reunion mean that the vault stays locked?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #525 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:13 PM »

Why?  I don't think that the two concepts are mutually exclusive.  Duff came back and played CD songs.  Why would a reunion mean that the vault stays locked?

I can't see a reunited GNR playing any CD songs on said fantasyland reunion tour.

Would they try and do something with something in the almighty vault?  Maybe.  If after the fantasyland reunion tour they do a miracle reunion album.

In case you aren't picking up my tone...I'm not super confident any of this happens.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2015, 12:20:02 AM »

If the band reunites and Axl wants to sing "Chinese Democracy," then Slash & Co. are going to have to learn it.  beer
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: May 28, 2015, 12:29:35 AM »

that's my bet. y'all wanna get a pool going?
losers chip in to buy a ticket for the winner.
Price Is Right rules apply.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #528 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:58 AM »

If the band reunites and Axl wants to sing "Chinese Democracy," then Slash & Co. are going to have to learn it.  beer

No they wouldn't.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #529 on: May 28, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »

No they wouldn't.

I agree.

I think its like suggesting that a reunited band would have Slash solo songs in the setlist.  Never going to happen.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #530 on: May 28, 2015, 08:47:03 AM »

No they wouldn't.

I agree.

I think its like suggesting that a reunited band would have Slash solo songs in the setlist.  Never going to happen.

What ? They won't have Slither in the encore ??

I'm all for fun silly reunion chatter... but this kinda sucks. Once Duff's book promo is over, which maybe is already. I suspect several months of nothingness for us to talk about.

Definitely all Bumblefoot's fault  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #531 on: May 28, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »

No they wouldn't.

I agree.

But Slash's songs aren't Guns n Roses songs...CD songs are.  As it stands, CD isn't prominently featured in the setlist, so we're only talking about 4-5 songs.  In any event, I agree with you that this is the fantasy of all fantasies.  Ain't.  Gonna.  Happen.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #532 on: May 28, 2015, 09:28:47 AM »

I very seriously doubt Slash or Duff would consider any CD tunes true GNR songs.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #533 on: May 28, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »

I'm all for fun silly reunion chatter... but this kinda sucks. Once Duff's book promo is over, which maybe is already. I suspect several months of nothingness for us to talk about.

Very true.

It's a total bummer this is has been the biggest GNR "news" event of 2015.  Some offhanded comments from people out of the band for 20 years.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »

Jarmo - You seem to be lightening up on Slash a bit these days. Know something you cannot share here?     Grin

What do you base that on?

Because he was tricked into answering a questions and certain fans love to talk about it?
To answer your question: No.

I very seriously doubt Slash or Duff would consider any CD tunes true GNR songs.

Duff already performed those songs and even mentioned how the bass lines are similar to his...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »

Duff already performed those songs and even mentioned how the bass lines are similar to his...

Yeah, but that's not what was being said here.

In the event of a totally improbable reunion tour, do you see much chance any CD songs are in the setlist?

I do not.

mortismurphy
« Reply #536 on: May 28, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »

I agree. Duff was brought in as a (temporary) replacement in Newgnr. A full blown reunion would entail the dismantling of newgnr. Also there would be an expectation to hear the great songs that a reunited line-up created. Can you imagine the reaction? ''From Hollywood California, Guns N' Roses'', cue Slash playing the Chinese Democracy riff?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #537 on: May 28, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

I agree. Duff was brought in as a (temporary) replacement in Newgnr. A full blown reunion would entail the dismantling of newgnr. Also there would be an expectation to hear the great songs that a reunited line-up created. Can you imagine the reaction? ''From Hollywood California, Guns N' Roses'', cue Slash playing the Chinese Democracy riff?

Those songs are still a part of GN'R and Axl's legacy. In theory, it's not much different than the current band playing the classic stuff. There are quite a few fans of the band that likes the Chinese material.

To extend the thought a bit, would it be much different for Slash to play a Rolling Stone or AC/DC cover than some songs from Chinese? Because I could see him playing cover songs anyways.

If it were ever to happen, I also hope Axl could sing on some of the best Slash, Izzy and Duff tunes as well. Come to think of it, it would have been pretty awesome to hear.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mortismurphy
« Reply #538 on: May 28, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »

Those songs are still a part of GN'R and Axl's legacy. In theory, it's not much different than the current band playing the classic stuff. There are quite a few fans of the band that likes the Chinese material.

To extend the thought a bit, would it be much different for Slash to play a Rolling Stone or AC/DC cover than some songs from Chinese? Because I could see him playing cover songs anyways.

I just cannot see Slash agreeing to it. If he did, it would certainly be a colossal climb down to an Axl demand. The guy must really be desperate for a reunion under those circumstances. The only thing I can envision is, a song as part of a 'solo' spot.

If it were ever to happen, I also hope Axl could sing on some of the best Slash, Izzy and Duff tunes as well. Come to think of it, it would have been pretty awesome to hear.

How many songs do we have to work with here? I would agree if it exceeds 30, but I do not believe anyone would want to see Better, Believe In Me or Shuffle it All (and I am a fan of Izzy's material by the way) push out setlist shoe-ins like Civil War, Think About You, Estranged or Out Ta Get Me!

99% of people at a reunion show want the mega songs from Appetite and Illusion. It is that simple. Seeing Slash play This I Love is going to confuse, bore or irritate the crowd. Conversely, the same applies to an Axl singing Beggars and Hangers On.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #539 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »

I would definitely pay to see the classic lineup play Chinese, Slash, Izzy etc solo material.
That sounds pretty damn cool, actually. But yeah, don?t see any scenario where that happens.

Chinese didn?t resonate with the masses. Neither did Izzy?s solo material. Really, the only material that did was Velvet Revolver, but that crashed and burned rather quickly. I can appreciate at least some of all the alumni?s post UYI material, but the masses aren?t clamoring for any of it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: