Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 114879 times)
italian queen
« Reply #560 on: May 30, 2015, 07:56:57 AM »

I only think that a guy like Steven COULD say "yes" to play every song.
slash and axl have different characters. .... a little less "easy"
just my  humble opinion..
hope to get wrong, of course Wink
It would be great to hear all the songs played by all the members..
For me, they could form a super group with izzy ang gilby, steven and matt.. and change themselves on stage like it happened during the hall of fame concert.
it's just a dream Smiley

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:38:22 AM by italian queen » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »

I give Steven Adler more credit than most. I think he could handle the Illusions stuff. 

Same here, especially since many of the UYI songs were played live from 1986-1988, or recorded as demos in 1989 with Steven.  I think the show would go just fine.

Playing Chinese Democracy isn't comparing apples to apples, in my opinion.  Totally different lineup, different style of songs.  Not the same as one member playing some songs he didn't record.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:07:16 PM by Bridge » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2015, 04:05:17 PM »

SLASH Says GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Question Is 'Dumb' And 'Annoying'

June 26, 2015

Legendary guitarist Slash was asked in a recent interview with the Italian newspaper La Repubblica if he minds constantly still getting questions about his former band GUNS N' ROSES even though he hasn't been in the group for almost twenty years.

"It doesn't necessarily annoy me," he responded. "I mean, the reunion question annoys me because no one has done anything about trying to get a reunion? None of the guys in the band have gone public and said there was gonna be a reunion or anything like that, and it's just for lack of imagination to ask me this dumb question which they know what the answer is."

He continued: "I don't mind GUNS N' ROSES questions, but I? And the other thing that I can't stand is when people are looking for, sort of, a negative response so that they can use it for making press seem more interesting or whatever."

Slash was asked about the possibility of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup on the May 7 edition of "CBS This Morning" and gave a somewhat surprising answer. He replied: "I've got to be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that."

Asked what the "right reasons" might be, Slash said: "I mean, that's a hard one. That just starts to get into a whole complex thing... It's really between the guys in the band." But pressed on whether he thought it was likely, Slash said, "Never say never."

Slash told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that the band's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame three years ago ? at which he performed along with GUNS bassist Duff McKagan, drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum, and others ? gave him a sense of closure about the band. He said: "I never, in however many years it's been, ever planned or thought that there was gonna be any reunion. But now we've played the one gig as close to a reunion as it will ever get and done with it, and it did have? There was a definite feeling of closure and, you know, something that, when I got on the plane the next morning, it was like I never have to deal with that again."

Addressing the long-running feud between him and singer Axl Rose that many see as the main stumbling block to a reunion, Slash said, "We haven't really talked in a long time, but a lot of the tension that you were talking about has dissipated. We don't have all those issues anymore. It's not a lot of controversy. It's something that is more perpetuated by the media, more than anything."

Axl famously called Slash a "cancer" in a 2009 interview, saying that the chances of him and Slash getting onstage together at any point in the future were next to impossible.

Slash and Axl have reportedly not spoken since Slash left the band 19 years ago. Axl and guitarist Izzy Stradlin did not attend the Hall Of Fame induction.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-guns-n-roses-reunion-question-is-dumb-and-annoying/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »

Now I'm starting to think it might not happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2015, 06:53:28 AM »

Ironic that he didn't say that on CBS.... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

Ironic that he didn't say that on CBS.... Wink

He's saying it now because his comment to CBS was so overblown.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »

Which came first, the chicken or the egg....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »

La Repubblica remark is in response to the CBS comment.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2015, 06:54:05 AM »

I know what it's in response to. I'm not stupid.

But it makes you wonder if he had made the point to begin with, if some of the questions AFTER the CBS interview could've been avoided.

So the question remains, did he create this situation by answering the question(s) on CBS, or did it exist in the same exact way before.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #569 on: June 29, 2015, 02:58:23 PM »

So the question remains, did he create this situation by answering the question(s) on CBS, or did it exist in the same exact way before.

I think his answer got blown out of proportion, thus creating the situation.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #570 on: June 29, 2015, 03:36:03 PM »

I think his answer got blown out of proportion, thus creating the situation.

Agreed.  People are never going to give up hope the real band gets back together.

Look no further than the HOF.  A bunch of people who totally weren't getting their hopes up, absoltuely freaked the fuck out once Axl didn't show up...rather disputing the notion that they weren't getting their hopes up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #571 on: June 30, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »

So if Slash hasn't talked to Axl in many years, how does Slash know they do not have any issues any more? 

For all I know the guy is talking out is ass.   Axl could be sitting at home reading this thinking the same thing. 

Wouldn't the better answer, Slash could use, regarding this subject be

"I don't have any any hard feeling towards Axl any issues I had with him are in the past.  As for what Axl thinks, you are going to to have to ask him   I don't want to speak for him because I really haven't talked to the guy in years"

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #572 on: June 30, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

Wouldn't the better answer, Slash could use, regarding this subject be

"I don't have any any hard feeling towards Axl any issues I had with him are in the past.  As for what Axl thinks, you are going to to have to ask him   I don't want to speak for him because I really haven't talked to the guy in years"

He has said that, in different variations, over the years.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #573 on: June 30, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »

It?s the nature of the beast.

Other than a reunion, the media and majority of the general public couldn?t give a shit less about what Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy or Steven are up to today.
They will be asked about a reunion until every last member is dead, and not a second before.

If they want to promote their latest work, as they should, they have to live with the same questions, over and over and over..

Axl isn?t big on creating, releasing music these days, so he has nothing to promote, and therefor no reason to deal with the bullshit/grant interviews.
If he did, you can rest assured the media, and majority of the public won?t give a shit about whatever project he?s promoting, and will be scrolling the page until they see the word ?reunion?.
And then no matter how he chooses to answer that question, it will be analyzed, scrutinized and discussed 6 ways to Sunday.

Step and repeat, for all eternity.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #574 on: July 08, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »

there's something I've never understand, about the reunionists fans :

if you like Axl so much, why do you want so hard to put him in pain?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #575 on: July 08, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

I don't think this is specific to GN'R fans, or GN'R fans who want a reunion.

A lot of people seem to be more concerned about what they want (or as they say, need) than what's best for the people involved.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #576 on: July 13, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »

Nowhere near a plurality of this fanbase sees things in those terms.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2015, 05:03:23 AM »

well, if they call themselves fans, in my opinion they should, at least sometimes

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #578 on: July 18, 2015, 11:57:46 PM »

well, if they call themselves fans, in my opinion they should, at least sometimes

Is that realistic though?  I think you are talking about a pretty narrow niche that goes to those extremes.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: