Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff on TALK IS JERICHO Podcast
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff on TALK IS JERICHO Podcast  (Read 4406 times)
overmatik
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »

Ex-GNR & Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan drops in to talk about his new bands - Loaded and Walking Papers, his new book "How To Be A Man," working with Axl Rose, the GNR reunion, surviving Scott Weiland, staying fit at 50, playing basketball with Michael Jordan, and collecting knock-knock jokes!  hihi

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=506777
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »

Ex-GNR & Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan drops in to talk about his new bands - Loaded and Walking Papers, his new book "How To Be A Man," working with Axl Rose, the GNR reunion, surviving Scott Weiland, staying fit at 50, playing basketball with Michael Jordan, and collecting knock-knock jokes!  hihi

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=506777

Some quotes from that interview:

Duff McKagan discussed reuniting with Axl Rose to perform with Guns N? Roses last year on Talk Is Jericho earlier this week, admitting that he missed playing with his pal. Alternative Nation has transcribed a summary of the interview?s Guns N? Roses discussion. Duff said his reaction to the chance to play with Guns N? Roses again made him think about his friendship with Axl. ?This is a good opportunity to get your old pal back,? said McKagan.

?I was going to go out and play with a guy, we went through the gutter, from nothing, to believing in our music.?

McKagan also told a funny story about showing up 30 minutes late to a van during his reunion with Axl, and why he thinks Axl is punk rock. ?I came from a punk rock background, and that guy was more punk rock that anybody I?d seen, because everything is real. There?s no put on, it?s real, and that?s punk rock. He was honest, and real, the guy can?t lie, he can?t. That bear honesty and truth from that guy is more punk rock than anything else. He was born a frontman, it?s natural. That?s not something you can go home and practice, it?s just, you?ve got it or you don?t. Once you have it, you always have it. We just had a really good time, we traveled together. (Laughs) I kept him waiting in a van for a half hour. I didn?t know, I thought we were supposed to meet in a lobby, and he was laughing when I got to the van. I finally got this text: ?We?re waiting for you dude.? ?A-ha,? he goes, ?Touche.? ?I didn?t mean to make you wait, I was in the lobby.'?

Duff also complimented Axl for being able to sing in the altitude in Bolivia, especially since Duff himself had to take medication for it. He also said he wishes he?d played again with Axl sooner.

?After playing with Axl last spring and those guys, I just missed playing with him, I?ve got to be honest. I?m like dude, we should have been doing this for the ? so much time has passed, of course. We talked about some things, we did, we thought we were just this gang, we weren?t going to fall into any typical rock crap, no man. We fell into every one of them man, and we were laughing about that.?

McKagan also discussed Izzy Stradlin, revealing that he had recently recorded a couple of tracks with him. He said there is such musical trust between himself and Stradlin, that if Izzy says ?I have a bridge? he doesn?t even question it or ask to hear it, he immediately says yes.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »

I listened yesterday, it was a great interview!   ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: