Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba fights with random dude
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba fights with random dude  (Read 23063 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »

But we are talking about a potential Rose/Ashba composition.  Obviously not present in 2007 as he wasn't even in the damn band for two more years.

And since then, nothing has been written or worked on.  8 people from this board have written and worked on as many songs as this "band" has.

So wait, you can't admit that you were wrong? Cheesy

since we already know they haven't written or worked on anything new since at least 5/12/2006,

I just told you how they worked on something in 2007, hence your fact is wrong. No matter how you twist it.

Maybe in your defense you're saying Dj and Axl didn't work on material together before he joined the band. That is true. I'll give you that much.
But do you even need to point it out? Cheesy

Regarding the rest, you really have very little idea what the band have or might not have worked on. So once again, if you don't want to come across as a know-it-all who thinks he knows, tone down the act a bit. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »

Jarmo, if you want to look for the positive spin, I'm not going to stop you.

I obviously am referring to Ron saying time and time and time again that nothing new has been done since he joined up (5/12/2006).

If you choose to say that Axl laying down some vocals on already worked on tracks in early 2007 disproves that, hey...have at it.  It's your dime.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »

Nothing new with him. Go see what Richard said last year again.
Just because the whole band wasn't together in a studio doesn't mean nobody did anything....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 09:10:03 PM »

?Coming into this, I wasn?t coming in just to play guitar; I?m coming in as a songwriter. Obviously, I?m a producer [as well].
I?m not saying I?m gonna produce a Guns record or whatever? But I?m really excited about the future, because the sky?s the limit."

you don't go public and say that sort of things if you're not hired as a songwriter by Axl.
OR you're completely dumb.

DJ said that in March of 2012.  I think at the time, he believed it.

On GUNS N' ROSES' future:

Ashba: "I don't get involved with any project unless I honestly feel, as a songwriter and producer, I can bring something solid to the table. And with GUNS, I really feel like, outside of playing guitar for them, I'm really excited to get in there and collaborate with this band because Axl has put together one of the most amazing bands; I mean, the musicianship in this band is unbelievable. It's an honor ? it's a huge honor ? and I'm just trying to do the gig justice by trying to stay as true to the original vision as I possibly can.

"Coming into this, I wasn't coming in just to play guitar; I'm coming in as a songwriter. Obviously, I'm a producer [as well]. I'm not saying I'm gonna produce a GUNS record or whatever... But I'm really excited about the future, because the sky's the limit. And I know my goal is the same as Axl's [Rose, vocals], and everyone else's in the band, [which is] to put together what we all feel ultimately would be the next best GUNS N' ROSES record. So that, to me, is really exciting, and I'm always up for a huge challenge. So that's what gets me going."

"We've been touring so much since I've been in the band. Axl, we get together quite a bit, and he has played a lot of stuff he has recorded, which I can't wait to sit down with him and get my hands dirty. Obviously, as a songwriter, I've written and demoed up probably about 12 songs, I think. And some of them he has heard, some of them he hasn't yet. But I think when we get a little bit of time off, we're gonna hopefully all get together and piece together what we think is gonna be the next best thing. But ultimately, this is Axl's baby, and I wanna sit down and really get a good grasp on his vision of where he feels the next record should go and then sit down by his side and make that happen."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-on-guns-n-roses-future-the-sky-s-the-limit/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »

I would?ve said yes in 2009 but it?s been six years are we?ve heard nothing about this.  Plus, when Axl did speak about new music last year, he talked about CDII and CD remixes.  Since he didn?t mention it when discussing new music, I put the chances at original Axl/DJ music to be very low.  But hey, things can always change.

Just being in the band isn't enough, IMO.  BBF was in the band.  Would you have said the same thing about him a year ago?

Different people....

Besides, Richard mentioned working on stuff with Dj... So, that alone differs from BBF.

/jarmo

Right, but your earlier answer was "yes, because he's in the band."  That clearly didn't apply to BBF, so just being in the band isn't enough.  Sure, DJ and Richard may have worked on stuff...but we're not talking about Richard.  Since Axl's never mentioned working on new music with the existing lineup, I'm holding firm that this is a wishful thinking pipedream.  Let's focus on the music we know exists.  Let's get that out first.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »

Nothing new with him. Go see what Richard said last year again.
Just because the whole band wasn't together in a studio doesn't mean nobody did anything....

So, is it your position that since DJ came aboard that things have been written, worked on, and/or recorded?  New things, I'm talking.  Not a song from 2001 that DJ was given to see if he could add a riff here or there.

It's your feeling that new things have been done since 2009, just all containing the caveat : Pssst...no one tell Ron.

There is always the cop out answer that you can't say for sure.  But that's just avoidance of going on the record.  You are pushing back pretty hard on the idea these things have NOT happened.  Logically, you must believe, at least on some level, that they have.

Yes?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »

If they were truly working on new material, and that?s probably a big ?if?, I?d fear that it?s probably stale, dated, long over cooked material by now.
If the ideas are there, how long can it take if you?re truly committed?

The situation that Guns N? Roses has become is so far beyond ridiculous, I think Axl?s best bet is to pull the plug.
Assuming Axl is still interested in being an artist, and has been trying to create, then the name has clearly become a hinderance.
It?s been an uphill battle, and 20+ years and one album later, there are no signs it?s getting easier.

The name is always there if he wants to come back to it, but I think people at this point would be more interested in a new project altogether, rather than Guns N? Roses with yet another lineup change.

I think Axl?s still got something to offer. There were flashes on Chinese Democracy. He just needs to pair up with another strong songwriter, and people that can inspire/push him.

If that?s even what he wants. Maybe he?s content playing the hits a couple months out of there year.
If that?s the case, all the power to him.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »

Honestly, who cares at this point who writes what and who plays on what?  Undecided

Axl is Gnr. It is all his baby.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:58:36 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:12 AM »

Right, but your earlier answer was "yes, because he's in the band."  That clearly didn't apply to BBF, so just being in the band isn't enough. 

Yes, if you read the question you'd know it was about Dj and whether or not I believe his song writing will be on a future release. Nothing in the question related to other people and their situations.

Dj himself has mentioned that he has written new stuff.

And then there's this: We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.

Now, if your belief is that Axl's talking about "new things" as in songs written before Ron joined in 2006, that's your own personal interpretation. Not necessarily a fact.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:55:02 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »

Now, if your belief is that Axl's talking about "new things" as in songs written before Ron joined in 2006, that's your own personal interpretation. Not necessarily a fact.

The same can't be said for you though?

We're all guessing, for the most part.  Why get so up in arms if someone else's speculation or interpretation is different from your own? 

A guess is a guess, no?  Is its nobility or fairness dependent on your intention?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:03:03 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »

come on dude, you know Jarmo knows more than you.....

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »

Honestly, who cares at this point who writes what and who plays on what?  Undecided

I get what you?re saying, but think that?s a big part of the problem.
Axl was at his best when GN?R operated like a band of equals, and wasn?t just a name/brand that he owned.

Seems much more like a business now, where employees are hired and replaced as needed.
From a financial perspective, I suppose the show must go on, but as far as art goes, it isn't working.

It would be nice to know what Axl?s intentions are, but I guess not knowing, along with the morbid curiosity of how things went and continue to go so wrong is part of the allure.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »

I get what you?re saying, but think that?s a big part of the problem.
Axl was at his best when GN?R operated like a band of equals, and wasn?t just a name/brand that he owned.

Seems much more like a business now, where employees are hired and replaced as needed.
From a financial perspective, I suppose the show must go on, but as far as art goes, it isn't working.

It would be nice to know what Axl?s intentions are, but I guess not knowing, along with the morbid curiosity of how things went and continue to go so wrong is part of the allure.

I?d argue it was part of the allure in the late 90?s/early 00?s.  Now, people are just resigned to the fact (yes, it?s a fact) that he very infrequently releases music.  Choose your reason why (label is holding him back, artistic integrity, he just doesn?t want to) but it?s a sad reality.  More than a year has passed since he was ?seriously looking? at what to do with music that was ?already recorded? and ?been done for a while?.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

Gnr hasn' been a band of equals since Izzy left.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2015, 01:56:46 PM »

"label is holding him back, artistic integrity, he just doesn?t want to"

probably a combo of the 3.....

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »

But how would you shade that pie graph?  That tends to be the argument. 

I think we can all agree its not 33.3%, all around.  Just depends on your breakdown.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »

come on dude, you know Jarmo knows more than you.....

Some here have issues accepting that fact. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »

We're all guessing, for the most part.  Why get so up in arms if someone else's speculation or interpretation is different from your own? 

A guess is a guess, no?  Is its nobility or fairness dependent on your intention?

For me, with my knowledge of English, I interpret this one way: We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.

To me it says they worked on songs during the Chinese sessions, and in addition worked on and wrote more since Chinese was released.

That's with my limited English knowledge. Keep in mind, it's my third language. Maybe to you as a native speaker it means "We worked on stuff before May 2006 and not a day since". But keep in mind, what other band members have said....

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2015, 02:31:34 PM »

I would say.   He just doesnt want too

Why would the label be holding him back?   

I would agree with the artistic stuff as well, but that is pretty much the same as Axl just doesn't want to release anything   (It would be one of the reasons he has)

It all comes down to Axl not wanting to release anything.   I think

Are you telling me that not one of these songs is mind blowing enough that he just can't find a way to release it in some form?   The band released songs via video games and movie soundtracks and commercials years ago.  If truely there was one song that lit the fire under Axl I am sure he would of found a way to get it out to us.   

Hell if just the music the guys have wrote was earth shattering jaw dropping g.  Why not just release it as a instrumental for the back drop of some movie or something.....    Artists do this all the time

One song!!!!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2015, 02:37:09 PM »

For me, with my knowledge of English, I interpret this one way: We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.

To me it says they worked on songs during the Chinese sessions, and in addition worked on and wrote more since Chinese was released.

That's with my limited English knowledge. Keep in mind, it's my third language. Maybe to you as a native speaker it means "We worked on stuff before May 2006 and not a day since". But keep in mind, what other band members have said....

/jarmo

Out of that quote this is what I get

There were tons of songs recorded durring the CD album process that haven't been released  (both lyrics and music).   

The band in its current state has worked on some music. (Be it, tinkering with those above unreleased songs, or supplies Axl with some new riffs or melodies)

As per Axl saying they have have been working on things.   I take this to mean Axl has been working in a producers roll.  Playing around with all the above mentioned material.

However. 

I have a feeling he hasn't layed down any serious vocal tracks in a very long time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: