Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Release New Album In 2016
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Release New Album In 2016  (Read 24085 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 23, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »

SLASH To Record New Album In The Spring

June 23, 2015

Slash and his band ? MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS ? are scheduled to stay on the road until the end of the year, after which they will take a short break before beginning work on the follow-up to their 2014 album "World On Fire".

"We're working on new material for the next record," Slash tells Billboard.com. "When this tour's over we'll start going in and doing some pre-production and probably go into the studio some time in mid-to-late spring and record."

Regarding how the new songs are shaping up, Slash says: "They sound very rhythmic and that's definitely something that, for me personally, I'm going for. We'll see what that turns into. It changes. It sort of evolves; you start out with one idea and that sort of morphs into another idea. At this point it sounds like it's going to be really awesome, so I'm excited about it."

Slash recently told Classic Rock magazine about his songwriting approach: "On the road is the platform that I find is the easiest for me to work on new material," he said. "It's easier here than it is for me to do when I'm at home. So I just get going. I take my phone and I record ideas on the phone and then we jam stuff at soundchecks; when we have soundchecks. So we compile a bunch of ideas, and then when the tour is over, we go home and, sort of, hash them out."

"World On Fire" sold around 29,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 10 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 16, 2014 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America).

"World On Fire" is the second album to feature Slash's regular backing band, MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, and follows up 2012's "Apocalyptic Love", which sold around 38,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart.

On Slash self-titled solo effort he employed a different vocalist on each track, before settling on ALTER BRIDGE member Kennedy for both touring and eventually recording.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-to-record-new-album-in-the-spring/

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:30:38 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »

Awesome, and I say that even though I wasn't crazy about Apocalyptic Love and I thought World on Fire was so-so.  Keep writing and releasing new music and touring Slash! 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »

SLASH - "WE'RE IN PRE-PRODUCTION NOW, SO WE'LL HAVE THE RECORD OUT NEXT YEAR"

August 15, 2015

Conspirators at work today!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »

Q: You released "World on Fire" last September and it has done well. You're touring hard and making TV appearances. This seems like a very active, fun time for you.

Slash: "It's been great. Ever since this thing started, which was basically 2010, it's been (hitting on) all cylinders forward, and we've just been picking up momentum as we go. At this point in time, we're obviously touring on the 'World on Fire' record, but the band is really kicking ass and we're playing all over the planet. It's just fun. I think more than anything, I just love playing, and when you have a lot of opportunities to just go out there and do it, that is pretty much what you're in it for. So it's good."

Q: What else would you like for people to know about what you're bringing to the party?

Slash: "We're working on new material now, for another record, and so I think that what it is that I'm into is just trying to do what's the most inspiring thing, and picking up some new stuff along the way. There's always that element of new discovery that ends up on the next record. But the one thing they can always expect, it's going to be really sort of from the heart, hard-rock material, whatever it is that I end up putting out. I'm always true to the school."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

Slash in the studio 15/08/2015 - Periscope video: Rehearsing new shit. Sort of. iiii]; )'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMglfOuJ5o

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »

I will continue to support Slash, but I just hope this new one is better than World on Fire.  I listened to that twice and then got rid of it.
overmatik
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

I enjoyed World on Fire, is just that the Apocalyptic Love was a really great album in my opinion, so it was kind of a disappointment. I just wish he would put a little effort into getting VR back together, as to me there's nothing like Slash and Duff playing together.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »

Slash: New year CD that comes and nothing to celebrate 30 years of "AFD"

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_800/228580-gunsnroses.html

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »

@Slash, @brentfitz and @todddammitkerns yesterday in the studio doin' pre prod ! #RnFnR

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »

At the end of this interview, Slash says again, new album in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aRUZ_qRd7c

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »

From a new interview with Todd Kerns:

There?s no end to Kerns? musical adventures. They are writing the third Slash record now.?The ones we?ve been working on, we have like under 10 that are kind of completed ideas," he said. "I?m pretty sure most of them started jamming at sound check, coming up with the ideas, even today we were jamming.?

They hope to finish writing by the end of the year. 2016 will bring that new recording and tour, and another solo album of Kerns? own music.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/entertainment/arts-and-music/Musician-rises-from-small-town-to-play-with-Guns-N--Roses--Slash-at-Piere-s-in-Fort-Wayne

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »

That's a nice interview and I think his advice is relevant to anything you are passionate about and hope to make a living out of.  I think that is one of the main reasons the AFD lineup was so successful.  Aside from talent they all had that drive to succeed that Todd talks about. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 07:08:18 PM »

world on fire was rather forgettable. AL was much better.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 06:33:20 AM »

If you're a guitarist WoF was not forgettable. great riffs. but I know that most listerners are vocal driven. that's absolutely normal.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »

If you're a guitarist WoF was not forgettable. great riffs. but I know that most listerners are vocal driven. that's absolutely normal.

Yea, the guitar work is ace, which is all I?m expecting/hoping for out of Slash records these days.
It?s the only thing he can really control.

Good lyricists are few and far between these days, unfortunately.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 09:51:08 AM »

Yea, the guitar work is ace, which is all I?m expecting/hoping for out of Slash records these days.

That's why I think he should do another record like his 2010 record.  Slash should send the singers the music  go back and forth until you get a good song.  I'm sure it was a pain the ass process especially with all the red tape involved with working with artist on different labels but so what?  The 2010 record and "Contraband" were leaps and bounds above anything else he has done in the last 20 years.  The last 2 records just sound like tired rock n roll jam sessions with lyrics stuck on top of them.  Nothing original at all in those records.(Except "Anastasia" that was an awesome song.)

When I think of the creative process on the last two records I think of  Marty McFly at the "Enchantment Under the Sea" dance.  "Ok guys this is the blues riff in B, watch me for the changes and try to keep up"   Then Slash just shreds over some generic riff and calls it a day. 

Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »

That's why I think he should do another record like his 2010 record.  Slash should send the singers the music  go back and forth until you get a good song.  I'm sure it was a pain the ass process especially with all the red tape involved with working with artist on different labels but so what?  The 2010 record and "Contraband" were leaps and bounds above anything else he has done in the last 20 years.  The last 2 records just sound like tired rock n roll jam sessions with lyrics stuck on top of them.  Nothing original at all in those records.(Except "Anastasia" that was an awesome song.)

When I think of the creative process on the last two records I think of  Marty McFly at the "Enchantment Under the Sea" dance.  "Ok guys this is the blues riff in B, watch me for the changes and try to keep up"   Then Slash just shreds over some generic riff and calls it a day. 

Hahahaha, naahh. I think you don't have a clue. guitarists pounding out ballsy/bluesy singlenote-riffs like Slash are seldom. he is a class of its own. and I think guitarwise his VR contributions were pretty generic (compared to his solo stuff). he was restraining himself.
you guys just need some AXL vocals on top of it and you'd say it was awesome. I think a lot of folks are just too epic-ballade-driven.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »

Hahahaha, naahh. I think you don't have a clue. guitarists pounding out ballsy/bluesy singlenote-riffs like Slash are seldom. he is a class of its own. and I think guitarwise his VR contributions were pretty generic (compared to his solo stuff). he was restraining himself.
you guys just need some AXL vocals on top of it and you'd say it was awesome. I think a lot of folks are just too epic-ballade-driven.

You're right, Slash is in a class of his own.  That's why when he puts out generic rock n roll records with riffs that can be confused for Buckcherrry it infuriates me.   I never once said Slash isn't a great player, he is one of my all time favorites.  I said his last two records sucked, because they did.  The first VR was a little generic, but he was very motivated and that came across in his playing and in the live shows , so that made up for it.  The first solo record forced him to leave his comfort zone to collaborate with different artists some of which he wasn't familiar with.  It resulted in his best post GNR record in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:30:21 PM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

I thought the 2010 record was great, and agree, would love to hear another one.
I enjoy the music on World on Fire, though, and think it was an improvement from Apocalyptic Love.
Thought it was a step forward for Myles and the band overall, though Myles lyrics are still decent at best.
I wouldn?t say those records sound generic, because no one else is cranking out riffs and solos anywhere near Slash?s level today.
Unfortunately overall, the records have a short shelf life for me, because outside of Slash?s playing, nothing else is really drawing me back.

Slash is one of the rare guitarists/musicians that still has something to offer from a creative standpoint this late into his career.
Many of his peers went creatively bankrupt years ago. Unfortunately he hasn?t found a writing partner to help take those ideas to the next level.
In his defense, I?m not sure that guy is out there. Obviously it used to be Axl and Izzy. I?m not sure Axl is still capable of great lyrics today, but if he was, and you add Izzy?s input, a really good song like Beneath the Savage Sun or Wicked Stone could easily be elevated to great.

Kudos on the Back to the Future reference, but difficult to classify Slash?s work ethic as lazy, especially in comparison to at least one of ex-bandmates.
Never really thought about it, but would love to hear Axl?s take on Earth Angel.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »

I thought the 2010 record was great, and agree, would love to hear another one.
I enjoy the music on World on Fire, though, and think it was an improvement from Apocalyptic Love.
Thought it was a step forward for Myles and the band overall, though Myles lyrics are still decent at best.
I wouldn?t say those records sound generic, because no one else is cranking out riffs and solos anywhere near Slash?s level today.
Unfortunately overall, the records have a short shelf life for me, because outside of Slash?s playing, nothing else is really drawing me back.

Slash is one of the rare guitarists/musicians that still has something to offer from a creative standpoint this late into his career.
Many of his peers went creatively bankrupt years ago. Unfortunately he hasn?t found a writing partner to help take those ideas to the next level.
In his defense, I?m not sure that guy is out there. Obviously it used to be Axl and Izzy. I?m not sure Axl is still capable of great lyrics today, but if he was, and you add Izzy?s input, a really good song like Beneath the Savage Sun or Wicked Stone could easily be elevated to great.

Kudos on the Back to the Future reference, but difficult to classify Slash?s work ethic as lazy, especially in comparison to at least one of ex-bandmates.
Never really thought about it, but would love to hear Axl?s take on Earth Angel.

well, I've got to admit that the records 'World On Fire' and 'Apocalytic Love' tend to sound quite generic when it comes down to the chorus. I think that may be due to the instrumental songwriting but it also due to Myles voice and melodies. he is, without a doubt, a more than capable singer and has to sing an astonishing wide catalogue but his voice lacks rawness, rasp and aggressiveness. with him on vocals the songs often sound too nice and pretty. I really liked Rod Jackson on Slashs "aint life grand" record. I think with him the overall sound would have been way more rock n roll and less generic. in my opinion Slash riffs and songs need a 'nasty' vocal-style to come into their own. Axl Wink

on a sidenote:
I don't buy this "slash is lazy and needs somebody (Axl) to push him to the limit". Slash favors pure, ballsy rock n roll songs. that's all. doesn't mean he is lazy or something. surely, solowise it's way easier to shine on an epic ballade kind of song but that's not what he puts focus on. that's an Axl thing and it - without a doubt - gave Slash the chance to put great solos on (NovRain, Estranged, Breakdown). that, combined with extraordinary videos, made Slash a living legend,  even though he wasn't quite fond of these blown-out-of-proportion videos. but they helped him to gain the status of a guitar god.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: