Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Flashback: *BONUS* - Oh My God
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Flashback: *BONUS* - Oh My God  (Read 9388 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 04:22:33 AM »

It had it's moments. Gabriel Byrne as the Devil was pretty sweet smoking

Yeah, fairly good acting and filming.

Religiously themed horroractionmovies can easily become weird with shallow charracters tho, which imo is the case here.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
19AT5
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:38 PM »

I absolutely love this track! I think the intro is cool as hell and the chorus is absolutely slamming! Sure, it sounds very little like classic GNR, but I still think it kicks some serious ass!

Only down point is that the live versions appeared to lack a bit. I always felt Axl was struggling a little bit with this one. Still though, think the studio version is complete quality.
Annie
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »

I thought the song was the best part of the movie.  hihi Truth be told I fell asleep while watching the movie.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

At first I didnt like it to be honest. Then It grew on me.

I remember it came up on the radio, on a car, and I said to a friend (who was a big GNR fan), that's the new GNR !

And I remember to this day, the look of dread, and disgust, and disillusionment in his face,  like something inside of him died.  Sad

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
leagnr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »

The song grew on me with the time, the moment i listened i didnt like it.

I really like the lyrics, i think the solos and especially the Dave Navarro final solo has nothing to do with the song but thats my opinion.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 06:40:27 AM »

I think the intro is cool as hell and the chorus is absolutely slamming! Sure, it sounds very little like classic GNR, but I still think it kicks some serious ass!

yes, it doesn't sound like GNR but at least it's a good song with a certain flow. it doesnt sound fabricated.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »

I think the intro is cool as hell and the chorus is absolutely slamming! Sure, it sounds very little like classic GNR, but I still think it kicks some serious ass!

yes, it doesn't sound like GNR but at least it's a good song with a certain flow. it doesnt sound fabricated.

Where in the film is it? I start watching and within minutes I'm asleep, and never record it   Tongue Next time its on I will record it... hihi
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »

I HATED the song when it first came out, but I was just so happy to hear Axl Rose again.  But as time has gone on I actually do like it a bit.  I can't put my finger on why, but its catchy.  I still don't like a bunch of the lyrics though.  "What can I do when there's so many liars, That crawl through your veins, Like millions of spiders"  Roll Eyes  Conversely I will say that I love the final lyrics of the song "well its on with the show, Like the tide down on the ocean, The waves already set in motion, The only one in the game that's lost is you". 

For those who were not around back then waiting for a new GNR album it was an incredibly exciting time.  I remember the world premiere trailer of End Of Days that featured 'Oh My God' in the background during the VMAs.  I don't remember how, but I am quite certain that we knew ahead of time that 'Oh My God' would be featured in the trailer.  Hard to believe that was so long ago. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »

The mix winds up being pretty busy, which I think can give the mistaken impression there is not a cool song under there.  Because there is.

Great lyrics, though sort of hard to understand.  And I think, a pretty decent chorus.

A lot of people really like that version from RIR III, and I'm among them.  I especially like the end, which appears to be a inadvertent goof by Axl.  He comes in a little late on that last salvo of lyrics.  So the band stops playing when they are supposed to, but Axl keeps singing.  It may be a mistake, but I think the finished product comes off great as you only hear his vocals for that last line.

Love the song, wish it was more of a live staple.  But, I doubt Axl can really pull it off these days.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »

Love the song, wish it was more of a live staple.  But, I doubt Axl can really pull it off these days.

I think he'd pass out before the first chorus.  Undecided

As far as the song goes, it's one of the most wicked tracks Axl's ever written, and the rhythm guitar is just awesome.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

As far as the song goes, it's one of the most wicked tracks Axl's ever written, and the rhythm guitar is just awesome.

I would always chuckle at the set list posted from the soundboard that had 'Perfect Crime' as an option.

Be serious.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »

Great lyrics
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »

I would always chuckle at the set list posted from the soundboard that had 'Perfect Crime' as an option.

Be serious.

I can see the headlines now, "Legendary Rocker Dies Mid Song"... hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »

I think you're wrong. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »

Always been a fan of this song. I dont know if its just ARNOLD, but it reminds me of You could be mine, in a strange way. I would love to hear more GNR songs like this in the future.. leaning to the metal genre..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 09:51:04 PM »

Imagine This Song In New Disc

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

some might not know, but it was a part of the official soundtrack promo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_0Jl6q1Z8

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »

Thanks! Haven't seen that before.

Listening to Oh My God, I can't help but wonder how cool a GNR album filled with songs with that kind of sound would have been.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 06:38:37 PM »

Thanks! Haven't seen that before.

Listening to Oh My God, I can't help but wonder how cool a GNR album filled with songs with that kind of sound would have been.

i agree.. i like the aggressive drift in the song.. always been a fan of that song..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 12:56:34 PM »

I love it. I'd love an album full of aggressive songs like OMG. Lyrics are among the best Axl has written. Chinese Democracy lacked songs like this.  The version from RIR3 2001 is awesome. An updated version with some Robin/Bucket on it would be fantastic.  drool

Best GNR song since 91.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:00:07 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: