Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 67617 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »

I almost want to see a reunion happen just to see how quickly the message from posters like Emily change, because it's very obvious that anyone who holds an instrument on stage with Axl is infallible and everyone else is blah (like DJ suddenly)... The backpedaling on the negative Slash comments is going to be glorious!

I used to think this too.

In all honesty though, people would fall in line.  People accept whatever Axl is doing as the right thing and the just thing.  Old band, new band, being active, sitting on his ass...its always noble.  Its always the right move.

Despite everything he has said over the years about it, if hell froze over and there was a reunion, people would be right on board.  Never would be heard a discouraging word.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »

Ok, listen carefully-

GNR is on hiatus.

I don't care for Sixx AM, I don't like Nikki Sixx and this is why-

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx, although he told The Pulse of Radio he has some reservations. "I don't know if I believe it's a GUNS N' ROSES record, because it's just Axl," he said. "I think it's a phenomenal solo record, I'm sure, but as far as being a GUNS N' ROSES record, you know, I'd love to hear GUNS N' ROSES together because we believed in that band. You know, Axl's the type of artist who will make sure it's a great record, but it's not a GUNS N' ROSES record, it's an Axl Rose record. We need to be careful with the brand name."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-says-chinese-democracy-is-not-a-guns-n-roses-record/#o4LTko3V3H5T4APL.99

Nikki Sixx does not get to determine what GNR is, he can like the Album or not like the Album but he does not get to determine what GNR is.

I like DJ in GNR, I don't care about him in Sixx AM.

Crystal?

Crystal clear to me... DJ is the same guy where ever he is. In fact one of the arguments that you GnR truthers like to spout off is that Axl is writing new music and he hired DJ to write with him (I can't prove they aren't after all, right?). He writes everything in SixxAM, do you think his GnR output is going to be drastically different? Look at Slash, whether you want to admit it or not a lot of what he writes (like Fall to Pieces, or even Anastasia) sounds like old school GnR, how will that change with DJ? His solo that everyone gets wet over prior to SCOM sounds just like SixxAM.

You either like his guitar playing and general vibe or you don't (unless you feel Axl makes everything better).

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »

I almost want to see a reunion happen just to see how quickly the message from posters like Emily change, because it's very obvious that anyone who holds an instrument on stage with Axl is infallible and everyone else is blah (like DJ suddenly)... The backpedaling on the negative Slash comments is going to be glorious!

In all honesty though, people would fall in line.  People accept whatever Axl is doing as the right thing and the just thing.  Old band, new band, being active, sitting on his ass...its always noble.  Its always the right move.

Despite everything he has said over the years about it, if hell froze over and there was a reunion, people would be right on board.  Never would be heard a discouraging word.

Exactly... what I'm saying is all of the people who say Slash is a self promoting hack today will be right back on his band wagon and forget who DJ, Robin and whomever else are... because he will stand 20 feet from Axl.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »

Chapter 1 from the Book of Axl.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »

Ok, listen carefully-

GNR is on hiatus.

I don't care for Sixx AM, I don't like Nikki Sixx and this is why-

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx, although he told The Pulse of Radio he has some reservations. "I don't know if I believe it's a GUNS N' ROSES record, because it's just Axl," he said. "I think it's a phenomenal solo record, I'm sure, but as far as being a GUNS N' ROSES record, you know, I'd love to hear GUNS N' ROSES together because we believed in that band. You know, Axl's the type of artist who will make sure it's a great record, but it's not a GUNS N' ROSES record, it's an Axl Rose record. We need to be careful with the brand name."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-says-chinese-democracy-is-not-a-guns-n-roses-record/#o4LTko3V3H5T4APL.99

Nikki Sixx does not get to determine what GNR is, he can like the Album or not like the Album but he does not get to determine what GNR is.

I like DJ in GNR, I don't care about him in Sixx AM.

Crystal?

Crystal clear to me... DJ is the same guy where ever he is. In fact one of the arguments that you GnR truthers like to spout off is that Axl is writing new music and he hired DJ to write with him (I can't prove they aren't after all, right?). He writes everything in SixxAM, do you think his GnR output is going to be drastically different? Look at Slash, whether you want to admit it or not a lot of what he writes (like Fall to Pieces, or even Anastasia) sounds like old school GnR, how will that change with DJ? His solo that everyone gets wet over prior to SCOM sounds just like SixxAM.

You either like his guitar playing and general vibe or you don't (unless you feel Axl makes everything better).

Does he write "everything" in Sixx AM? You may want to check your facts there.

I'm a GNR fan, not a Sixx AM fan.

I like him in GNR, not in Sixx AM- I do not accept your petty "either" ultimatum.

And you are wrong again, both James Michael and Nikki Sixx are credited
James Michael
Composer, Engineer, Group Member, Guitar, Keyboards, Mixing, Producer, Vocals
Nikki Sixx
Bass, Composer, Group Member
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:34:45 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »

Chapter 1 from the Book of Axl.

Sure, because only butthurt little whiners and complainers are able to think independently and originally.

Nice delusionary thought pattern.

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »

I like him in GNR, not in Sixx AM- I do not accept your petty "either" ultimatum.

I never said everything, but he writes a significant amount of that material, and that can be heard in his guitar solo that he plays live with GnR. I'm not saying you have to like the lyrical content of the songs (which James Michael writes a lot of) Sixx AM release and never offered you an 'ultimatum'.

I just don't see how GnR DJ and Sixx AM DJ are vastly different people or players that change your opinion day by day... and please stop it with the hiatus crap. Axl might be for whatever reason, but the rest of the professional musicians are moving on to better opportunities. There aren't very many other bands that keep their members and fans in the dark for such long periods of time with no real output other than glorified tribute tours.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »

So in the past they went on 'Hiatus' Slash and Duff left... Then they went on 'Hiatus' again and Buckethead left... Then they did 'it' again and Robin left... what would make you think that the comments from Ron and DJ don't point in the same direction? When do people start doing the math and realize that Slash, Duff, Josh Freese, Buckethead, Brain, Robin, Ron, and DJ aren't the assholes in this story.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:53:16 PM by C0ma » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »

Sure, because only butthurt little whiners and complainers are able to think independently and originally.

So, in other words, it is your position here today that if Axl reunited the old band, he'd had something of a revolt on his hands.

There would be a discernible chunk of his fans that tell him "sorry dude, you went back on your word and decided to go back with that asshole Slash, and I'm out."?

Is that the thing?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »

I never said everything, but he writes a significant amount of that material, and that can be heard in his guitar solo that he plays live with GnR. I'm not saying you have to like the lyrical content of the songs (which James Michael writes a lot of) Sixx AM release and never offered you an 'ultimatum'.

I just don't see how GnR DJ and Sixx AM DJ are vastly different people or players that change your opinion day by day... and please stop it with the hiatus crap. Axl might be for whatever reason, but the rest of the professional musicians are moving on to better opportunities. There aren't very many other bands that keep their members and fans in the dark for such long periods of time with no real output other than glorified tribute tours.

Liar
here's your quote, you said "everything"

It is a fact that GNR is on hiatus, I really don't know and don't particularly care what "other groups" do, nor do I see how it is remotely related to how GNR operates.

If you think GNR does "glorified tribute tours" simply because they play some of their hits at a show, well that is what the casual fan buying tickets wants to hear, and that is who is catered to- not some internet nerdy kid that likes to complain about shows they dont attend.

Name a well known band that doesn't play their hits, lame observation and argument.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #310 on: July 24, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »

He cannot do anything wrong, don't you know? CD did not sell that well? Azoff and Best Buy's fault? Album delayed? Record company's fault. Old band folded? Slash's fault - did I mention Slash is a 'drug addict'? Tour cancelled? Promoter's fault.  Everything has to have complex webs of explanation in order to deflect blame from the one common denominator here: W. Axl Rose.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #311 on: July 24, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »

So, in other words, it is your position here today that if Axl reunited the old band, he'd had something of a revolt on his hands.

There would be a discernible chunk of his fans that tell him "sorry dude, you went back on your word and decided to go back with that asshole Slash, and I'm out."?

Is that the thing?

No, you are inventing scenarios again.

I don't speak for anyone except me, unlike you I don't pretend to pose as spokesman for the masses.

If they all wanted to do that, I would be onboard. My opinion, no one else's.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #312 on: July 24, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »

He cannot do anything wrong, don't you know? CD did not sell that well? Azoff and Best Buy's fault? Album delayed? Record company's fault. Old band folded? Slash's fault - did I mention Slash is a 'drug addict'? Tour cancelled? Promoter's fault.  Everything has to have complex webs of explanation in order to deflect blame from the one common denominator here: W. Axl Rose.

Azoff sabotaged the album moaning mortis, why don't you go infect a AC/DC forum and stop spreading your toxic bile here.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/may/20/axl-rose-chinese-democracy
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:01:27 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »

Liar

It is a fact that GNR is on hiatus, I really don't know and don't particularly care what "other groups" do, nor do I see how it is remotely related to how GNR operates.

If you think GNR does "glorified tribute tours" simply because they play some of their hits at a show, well that is what the casual fan buying tickets wants to hear, and that is who is catered to- not some internet nerdy kid that likes to complain about shows they dont attend.

Name a well known band that doesn't play their hits, lame observation and argument.

Got me on a poor choice of words... he writes parts of 'everything'. He is not the sole songwriter, but he has a style which would carry over to GnR. I love how you attach yourself to the most granular detail in a statement when the theme of the statement can't be countered strongly.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #314 on: July 24, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »

Liar

Got me on a poor choice of words... he writes parts of 'everything'. He is not the sole songwriter, but he has a style which would carry over to GnR. I love how you attach yourself to the most granular detail in a statement when the theme of the statement can't be countered strongly.

Stop making excuses, I clearly caught you in a lie.

I think his style changes between GNR and Sixx AM, my like is for the GNR style.

It is very conditional, admittedly.

I liked Ron's contributions to some of the Chinese Democracy songs, can't stand his solo work.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:08:26 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #315 on: July 24, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

It's sort of like preparation-H, it can make a chronic pain in your ass disappear  hihi

Then I get the feeling that button is getting some use today. Tongue

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #316 on: July 24, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »

What's being said here is that you would hardly be alone.

Odds are, Axl's fans are going to fall in line with whatever he says.  Old band, new band, setting up a colony on the moon.  It will all be good in the hood.

The only segment that is going to look bit silly, and more than a bit hypocritical, are the ones who have spent the past however many years very vocally ripping Slash.  The second they accept him again just because Axl says its now OK to do so, they will be exposed for what pretty much all of know they have been this whole time anyway.  Willing charges that will accept whatever orders come down from the big chief.

However, even though I feel that is accurate, in truth, people would be so giddy over a reunion, I don't think all that much time would be spent naming and shaming all the people that allegedly developed a problem with Slash the second Axl did, but are now willing to forgive as soon as Axl gave his approval to do so.

People would just be happy the real band is back.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »

Here's a little tip, I know how to use the report button.  ok

In all the years I've posted here I've never used that.  What does that get you? hihi

It's sort of like preparation-H, it can make a chronic pain in your ass disappear  hihi

Then I get the feeling that button is getting some use today. Tongue

No, actually I've only used it once. Not recently at all Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #318 on: July 24, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »

What's being said here is that you would hardly be alone.

Odds are, Axl's fans are going to fall in line with whatever he says.  Old band, new band, setting up a colony on the moon.  It will all be good in the hood.

The only segment that is going to look bit silly, and more than a bit hypocritical, are the ones who have spent the past however many years very vocally ripping Slash.  The second they accept him again just because Axl says its now OK to do so, they will be exposed for what pretty much all of know they have been this whole time anyway.  Willing charges that will accept whatever orders come down from the big chief.

However, even though I feel that is accurate, in truth, people would be so giddy over a reunion, I don't think all that much time would be spent naming and shaming all the people that allegedly developed a problem with Slash the second Axl did, but are now willing to forgive as soon as Axl gave his approval to do so.

People would just be happy the real band is back.

Who are these people you speak of, that "are going to look silly"? Names?

Why do you feel the need to use the term "fall in line" ?

And why do you refer to the classic lineup as "the real band"?
I've seen multiple lineups and own all the albums. Every ticket said Guns N' Roses and so did every Album and DVD.

Your biased propaganda doesn't get by me.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »

Who are these people you speak of, that "are going to look silly"? Names?

Anyone extremely over the top about their alleged Slash hate. 

Which, coincidentally I'm sure, seemed to spring up about the same time Axl's did.  And if Axl were to actually mend that fence, not one person that spent the past however many years spewing invective would keep it up.  Axl says its OK to like him again, so they like him again.

It would not be their finest hour.

Why do you feel the need to use the term "fall in line" ?

Because it is an accurate description of the behavior I am describing. 

I think the chances are precisely zero that anyone I'm talking about is going to find fault with any new direction Axl takes.  He likes it, they like it.  He hates it, they hate it.  He says, oops...my bad and now I have to go 180 degrees on something...I'll be damned, so do they.

That's falling in line.

And why do you refer to the classic lineup as "the real band"?
I've seen multiple lineups and own all the albums. Every ticket said Guns N' Roses and so did every Album and DVD.

I'm sure they did.  But to anyone except us, its GNR in name only.  That's why I say that.

I have no problems or complaints with Axl using the name, replacing personnel every few years, or whatever else he still wants to do and call it all Guns N' Roses.  Its all fine by me.  I can make my own distinctions about what is real and what is not.

But the general population of the planet Earth do not share that view.  And even though I can roll with all this nonsense, I'm not going to get my back up and start stamping my feet shaking my fist at the sky when someone else tells me this isn't Guns N' Roses.  To them, the classic band is the real band.  I'll never change that.

Its unrealistic to expect the rest of the world to adapt our own pattern of excuses, rationalizations, suspect logic and selective conclusions.  I would feel silly making some of the arguments we make to each other around here out in the real world because I'm not blind to how ridiculous they sound to most folks.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: