Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227998 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 67052 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

Bacon, may be why they got the riaa platinum records in the mail......who knows? Book is wide open. As a fan of all eras, even though liking some former members more than others, I am excited to see what happens next. In the end, if Axl sings and writes the lyrics, I am interested.

Ha it looks more like the sending out of those records was sorta a thank you and good buy

Only thing is the guys playing in the band didn't/don't know it was a good bye.   They may be slowly getting the hint now

I either expect a brand new band (with some sort of mish-mash of members from last years). Or a full out reunion
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »

Bacon, may be why they got the riaa platinum records in the mail......who knows? Book is wide open. As a fan of all eras, even though liking some former members more than others, I am excited to see what happens next. In the end, if Axl sings and writes the lyrics, I am interested.

Ha it looks more like the sending out of those records was sorta a thank you and good buy

Only thing is the guys playing in the band didn't/don't know it was a good bye.   They may be slowly getting the hint now

I either expect a brand new band (with some sort of mish-mash of members from last years). Or a full out reunion

At this point a brand new band would be suicide.That would demand lord knows how many years again to bond and create chemistry and learn the songs etc.
Looks like the reunion thing is on everybody's mind (and hopes). Imo there is no onstage chemistry left between Axl and Slash. Or Izzy. Or who the hell knows.
The fact that even DJ got to a point that made GN'R second interest is disturbing.He was loyal up to now apparently.
Even Fortus who is 14 years in the band said recently that he hasn't heard from "that" camp or Axl in quite some time.
I'm hoping Axl will be mixing and finalizing the next record in 2016 and we'll hear good news.
 Huh

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »

At this point a brand new band would be suicide.That would demand lord knows how many years again to bond and create chemistry and learn the songs etc.
Looks like the reunion thing is on everybody's mind (and hopes). Imo there is no onstage chemistry left between Axl and Slash. Or Izzy. Or who the hell knows.
The fact that even DJ got to a point that made GN'R second interest is disturbing.He was loyal up to now apparently.
Even Fortus who is 14 years in the band said recently that he hasn't heard from "that" camp or Axl in quite some time.
I'm hoping Axl will be mixing and finalizing the next record in 2016 and we'll hear good news.
 Huh

Well as I said above.  I am thinking a "new" band.   Would just be a mishmash of previous players.   Not just a bunch of brand new guys off the street.   So it wouldn't be suicide, as the members have previously played in the band before.   Just not a classic line up full out reunion.

Point is.  I doubt we will ever see that full line up from that last Las Vegas show ever play live again
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

ummmm...just said that earlier D-Gen,...Guns is Axl...no "band members" at this time....door is wide open....anything any former members say means nothing...whether it is Slash, Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Dj, Duff... the guy who hangs the drapes in the lounge, etc etc....it is dead obvious, the last residency was it for awhile. Analyzing what any of the "family" says is a losing, fruitless battle...."take it for what it is!"...Stay Of Execution...

So, in your estimation, is it fair to say this isn't really a band?

Do you think people have a legit gripe to get their backs all up when such a thing is said, in your view?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »

This is basically the post 2000 GNR mission statement, isn't it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 08:47:11 PM »

Well as I said above.  I am thinking a "new" band.   Would just be a mishmash of previous players.   Not just a bunch of brand new guys off the street.   So it wouldn't be suicide, as the members have previously played in the band before.   Just not a classic line up full out reunion.

Point is.  I doubt we will ever see that full line up from that last Las Vegas show ever play live again

I think this is the right read.

I figure, if he still continues to tour, he just plugs whatvever gaps he has with whoever, and plays old GNR songs in safe venues.

Do think this recent bit of news is terrible as it pertains to any sort of new material.  Last few pieces of news, really.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »

At this point, it's best to either have the full reunion or drop the GNR name and go solo IF Axl is still interested in music. Disappointed in hearing this news. I liked DJ. I'll probably follow Sixx Am since I do like some of their songs.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »

D-Gen, I am just stating the obvious, no judgement one way or the other...not trying to analyze who is right or wrong....not trying to tell anyone what they should or should not do. As we sit here today, Gnr is Axl and whoever he decides to show up with in the future.

I am no insider and no expert but the lay of the land is pretty obvious. Why continue to speculate on what everyone says when it literally means nothing in regards to what us fans want. I am as frustrated as anyone...trust me. I just want some good heartfelt rock and roll from one of my favorite artists. Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »

Who here believes Sixx: A.M. can tour constantly for 24 consecutive months?

Some are quick to not believe what Dj says about GN'R, but when he's with Nikki talking about Sixx: A.M. people believe every single word?

/jarmo

So, J-Man, is DJ IN or OUT of GNR? Do you have any clue? And, how would you feel if your main man Slash took DJ's spot? We eagerly await your response...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2015, 03:39:02 AM »

It's July 2015 and we've already written off 2016 and 2017?

I thought we knew better....

And this isn't based on some secret info or guessing, just common sense relating to GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2015, 05:00:54 AM »

damn guys you read too much about everything

about DJ well, I suppose GNR is a residency band now, speaking about the live aspect (which is doesn't bother
me because I prefer studio albums. too bad the big money isn't here anymore because at the end of the day
that's what matters, albums. the industry transforms bands into live hit singles jukeboxes and it pisses me of
at a cosmic level). so he will find a way to play the GNR dates without any major problem, as Richard and the
others.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »

What worries me is if Axl tarnishes his/the GNR legacy bye touring with a less than stellar band with equal production..All lineups so far have had top notch musicianship with high quality production..Axl hasn't settled with subpar players to back him up..
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »

I really hope we don't take one of our usual convenient misdirection detours and focus on the semantics of DJ saying they will tour for 24 straight months.

And then we spend all of our time talking about that 24 straight month concept and how its possible, not possible, etc.  Like that's the freakin' point here.

The bigger issue, at least as it pertains to GNR fans, is the fact he can so freely say that he's pretty much got his next 2 years open.  

So, instead of focusing on whether Sixx:AM will, quite literally, be touring for 730 days straight, we might have to start wondering what GNR will be doing over that same 730 day period in question.  To touch on what Ginger King just said, you have to think DJ talked to Axl before telling Nikki when he might be available.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »

I forget the exact quote, but Axl said back in the chats that he thought of Guns as all the players who helped with the creation of Chinese Democracy. In other words, Robin, Bucket, Paul, Brain could all conceivably come back if need be. And we've already seen Duff come back for some shows, and Izzy to a lesser extent. So if Axl gets the urge to take the show on the road again, he has options. Some more viable than others. I think it would be safe to say that nothing is planned for the near future, but I don't think you need to completely write off the next 2 years because of this latest news. Or question if this is really a band, or what constitutes a band. GNR has been a rotational group for some time now. Not sure why this would be the last straw for some.

Admittedly, it's not the happiest of news. But the future of this band has always been a bit murky, mysterious, and unknown. This just adds to that. Axl is free to perform and release music whenever he sees fit. And if that's never again, that's just then way it is. There's nothing we can do, or say, or bitch about on a message board that's going to change that. Obviously, we don't have to like or agree with everything we hear. But nothing should surprise anyone anymore. We've seen it all before. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best. Or not. Whatever floats your boat.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:22 PM »

Hopefully Axl's concentrating on the music right now. They toured for the past 5 years, I don't think there's an immediate need to get back on the road now.

If there's an album release next year, I'll be happy with that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2015, 11:31:14 PM »

It's July 2015 and we've already written off 2016 and 2017?

I thought we knew better....

And this isn't based on some secret info or guessing, just common sense relating to GN'R.

Setting up the parameter that absent the actual phrase "you can give up hope now" being uttered means that everything is going to be just fine is a great way to shield yourself from disappointment.

Or reality.

This is not a real positive development.  That's all people are saying.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2015, 11:44:57 PM »

I think it would be safe to say that nothing is planned for the near future, but I don't think you need to completely write off the next 2 years because of this latest news. Or question if this is really a band, or what constitutes a band. GNR has been a rotational group for some time now. Not sure why this would be the last straw for some.

Oh, I don't think its a last straw.  None of us are going anywhere.

But...what are we holding on to here?  What's the plan? 

I think we've all made our peace with this whole dysfunctional operation, really.  Even viewing things through that prism, this looks bad.  I think each passing year that nothing happens diminishes the chances it ever will.  So if this is truly 2 more years of nothing, that's not promising.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 01:41:14 AM »

I think it would be safe to say that nothing is planned for the near future, but I don't think you need to completely write off the next 2 years because of this latest news. Or question if this is really a band, or what constitutes a band. GNR has been a rotational group for some time now. Not sure why this would be the last straw for some.

Oh, I don't think its a last straw.  None of us are going anywhere.

But...what are we holding on to here?  What's the plan? 

I think we've all made our peace with this whole dysfunctional operation, really.  Even viewing things through that prism, this looks bad.  I think each passing year that nothing happens diminishes the chances it ever will.  So if this is truly 2 more years of nothing, that's not promising.
We don't know the plan. Never have, and probably never will. That's not how this band operates. Again, it's been that way for some time now. We hang around to see what happens. We're hopeful, well at least some of us. I can't blame people if they've completely thrown in the towel. Plenty have, and that's well within their rights. I have a feeling we will hear from Axl and GNR again one day. I can't say when. It could be by the end of the year, 2 years, or 10. No one is saying that this is promising news, just that it isn't exactly the end of the world. We wait to see what happens next. Same as it ever was.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 04:00:06 AM »

Hopefully Axl's concentrating on the music right now. They toured for the past 5 years, I don't think there's an immediate need to get back on the road now.

My guess is he's focusing on his new French bulldog puppy.
Maybe enjoying a few luxury range pizza's in the evenings while watching True Detective season 2 with Dexter the cat.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:42:36 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »

My guess is he's focusing on his new French bull dog puppy.
Maybe enjoying a few luxury range pizza's in the evenings as well while watching True Detective season 2 with Dexter the cat.

Based on the evidence it certainly appears so.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: