Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  STEVEN ADLER: 'Nobody Knows' The Name Of The Current GUNS N' ROSES Drummer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: STEVEN ADLER: 'Nobody Knows' The Name Of The Current GUNS N' ROSES Drummer  (Read 6155 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: July 25, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »

ADLER, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, was interviewed by Per?21 prior to its July 23 concert in Lima, Peru. You can now watch the chat below.

Asked how he feels about the fact that most people remember him as the "one and only" drummer of GUNS N' ROSES, Adler replied: [It's] 'cause I am." He added: "Do you know the name of the drummer who's in GUNS N' ROSES now? See, neither do I. Nobody knows. I only found out [fellow former GUNS N' ROSES drummer] Matt Sorum's name last week, 'cause he called me up. [Laughs] I'm kidding. I love you, Matt."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-nobody-knows-the-name-of-the-current-guns-n-roses-drummer/#4iyrwwAHH1kLRPbA.99

hihi hihi hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »

Awesome out-of-context subject line for a thread posted here in the wrong section (correct would've been EX GUNNERS) that is sure to lure in and infuriate everyone on this board who has nothing better to do than get angry at a former member.

Nicely done!   ok
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:11:51 PM by Bridge » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »

Section Actual: GUNS N' ROSES

Drum Of GNR: Fran Ferrer From 2006 - 2015 - 9 Years

Bye Bye

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »

How many times is Steven gonna put his foot in his mouth ?  The title should read bitter Ex- Guns N' Roses Drummer.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Princess Leia
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:19:13 AM »

How many times is Steven gonna put his foot in his mouth ?  The title should read bitter Ex- Guns N' Roses Drummer.

Foot in his mouth? No, first it is true. The general public, your average concert goer don?t know who Frank is.

Were Steven comments disrespectful, unpolite, shameless, politically incorrect? Yes!!! You know what? It can?t get anymore Guns N Roses than that  Grin

That is exactly the in your face fuck you attitude we had in the old albums and shows.

I?d like to think Axl still has it too. But in his case it always backfire. Maybe he needs to express things in a shorter and more to the point way
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:41 PM »

On of the myriad of reason I would pick Matt for any miracle reunion.

This guy is a disaster.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »

On of the myriad of reason I would pick Matt for any miracle reunion.

This guy is a disaster.

Matt completely lacks Steven's swing and groove, and the Appetite songs never sounded right with him.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »

Matt completely lacks Steven's swing and groove, and the Appetite songs never sounded right with him.

I agree completely that Steven is the superior drummer (for GNR anyway), but I'll be fair and say Steven has a bad case of mouth diarrhea at times.  Although here, it seems Steven was just laughing and kidding around, and it happened to get quoted the way that it did.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »

The general public, your average concert goer don?t know who Frank is.

[/quote]

Hate to break it to anybody, but the general public/average concert goer does not know who Steven Adler is either, if it weren't for some stints on a reality show it would just be board members that know who he is. Ask the AVERAGE person who is/was a member of GNR and your getting Axl and Slash and that's probably it. Ask the average concert goer to name some drummers and you'll probably get Ringo, Keith Moon, Phil Collins, Dave Grohl, and Tommy Lee. Some people might be surprised that Dave Grohl is a drummer to. Hell the Stones just sold out an 80000 seat football stadium here in Buffalo and I'd be willing to bet that 50% of the people had no idea of their drummers name.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »

Maybe. But if you showed people a picture of Steven, and a picture of Frank and asked them which one is the drummer for Guns N? Roses, who do you think they are picking?
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 05:28:55 PM »

Maybe. But if you showed people a picture of Steven, and a picture of Frank and asked them which one is the drummer for Guns N? Roses, who do you think they are picking?

Right, and that brings it back to the original case in point, which inquired as to who the most recognizable drummer is for Guns N Roses.  That's easily going to be Steven, since anybody (outside of this board) in this day and age who remembers Guns N Roses is going to remember the original Appetite lineup.  They're the 5 members that made the strongest impression under the GNR name, and it's pretty obvious at this point that's not going to change.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: