Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118486 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2015, 07:40:18 AM »

Is that really him?

He's what you would call 'laconic'.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2015, 09:24:29 AM »

This was a creation of their own making.

They can't control how Ron chose to start things down this road.  But allowing to continue for over a year is absolutely, 100% on them.

If they were truly surprised by Ron's alluding to not being able to speak (which itself is debatable) then you'd have to assume it highly unlikely he was going to do the right thing and quash all this.

At that point, you step in.

Or...you don't, and put yet another bullet in the gun people can fire at you when they mock the haphazard (at best) way things work within this operation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2015, 09:46:33 AM »

Then it seems that this time around someone forgot to tell them to shut up. Band members  don?t have the power to read minds. They need to be told. Or they need to sign a document or something. And we can?t rule out the possibility that they?ve been told keep quiet and they didn?t care. So they did what they felt like it.

There was no plan in place to deal with an unexpected situation.

I don't think anybody forgot to do anything. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-doesnt-want-to-make-any-public-statements-about-guns-n-roses/

Is that really him?

Maybe it's my Finnish influence. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »

Then it seems that this time around someone forgot to tell them to shut up. Band members  don?t have the power to read minds. They need to be told. Or they need to sign a document or something. And we can?t rule out the possibility that they?ve been told keep quiet and they didn?t care. So they did what they felt like it.

There was no plan in place to deal with an unexpected situation.

I don't think anybody forgot to do anything. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-doesnt-want-to-make-any-public-statements-about-guns-n-roses/

Is that really him?

Maybe it's my Finnish influence. Cheesy

/jarmo

But BBF didn?t respect that agreement. He gave many and clear clues. He didn?t keep his mouth shut. What action did anyone take in that case to make him stop? How do you explain the "I don?t know why BFF was evasive..."  comment by the band?s reps.

What about DJ? He spoke loud and clear. Why nobody told him he was not allowed to speak? What about Tommy? Another one giving a hint and evasive comment. "I?m out of the loop"

Mixed messages:

Richard " I don?t know" " I haven?t heard from that camp"  "Things are up in the air"

Frank "Things are moving forward"

Frank knows things that Richard doesn?t? Why?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »

But BBF didn?t respect that agreement. He gave many and clear clues. He didn?t keep his mouth shut. What action did anyone take in that case to make him stop? How do you explain the "I don?t know why BFF was evasive..."  comment by the band?s reps.

Exactly. 

He's making your operation look like shit.  Who allows that to prosper, unchallenged?

And the iffy rationale of alltime has to be that they can't say he out because then someone would ask who the next guy is going to be.  Really?  That's a huge reason to stay mum?

That answer sucks on several levels.  You are that paralyzed with fear?  And, not for nothing, all of the sudden you give a shit about leaving fans hanging?  When did this start?  5 minutes ago?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »

Exactly. 

He's making your operation look like shit.  Who allows that to prosper, unchallenged?

And the iffy rationale of alltime has to be that they can't say he out because then someone would ask who the next guy is going to be.  Really?  That's a huge reason to stay mum?

That answer sucks on several levels.  You are that paralyzed with fear?  And, not for nothing, all of the sudden you give a shit about leaving fans hanging?  When did this start?  5 minutes ago?
I don't see how things would've changed in a positive direction if they announced Ron was out of the band. The logical question would be about his replacement. They either don't have one yet, or don't feel the need to announce it yet since they're not making any public appearances anytime soon. So we wouldn't be in a different place today if they answered the question a year ago anyway. I'd venture to guess that we are the only ones who have followed this saga closely over the last year. I doubt the brand has been damaged because they didn't stop Ron from talking. Maybe you, and other forum members didn't like it. But let's be honest, I think people would've found other things to be upset about.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »

So, somebody doesn't do what he was asked to. Is it supposed to be a pissing contest or do you just roll your eyes and move on?
I can't comment on the quote since I don't know who or in what context it was said.

What about DJ? He spoke loud and clear. Why nobody told him he was not allowed to speak?

June 2014: GN'R just finished a run of shows in Las Vegas. Everything was great. The shows were amazing. Do you really need to announce something like Ron leaving at this high? And therefore put the focus on it? What exactly would've been gained by that?

July 2015: GN'R is on a hiatus, Dj announces his future plans that don't involve GN'R. GN'R doesn't really have any current events going on at this exact moment.

Mixed messages:

Richard " I don?t know" " I haven?t heard from that camp"  "Things are up in the air"

Frank "Things are moving forward"

Frank knows things that Richard doesn?t? Why?

Because they don't all meet in the Bat Cave at the same time?

Seriously, what kind of question is that? Why are people different?
I don't know!

If Richard is on tour, maybe, just maybe, he's focusing on that instead of asking Axl for updates. Maybe Frank asked? Is that possible? Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »

If nobody had said a single word other than "no comment" regarding any possible future plans for GN'R, there wouldn't have been a reason for any updates, corrections, statements or speculation.

But that's not what happened.  For a year, Ron has been dropping hints he's gone, and the band members have been giving different accounts as to what is next for the band.

It's not productive, in my opinion, to announce something like a departure when your next show isn't booked. Or if you don't have somebody confirmed to fill that slot in the band.

Well, someone with the band either disagrees with you, or maybe those things are in place. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »

If nobody had said a single word other than "no comment" regarding any possible future plans for GN'R, there wouldn't have been a reason for any updates, corrections, statements or speculation.

But that's not what happened.  For a year, Ron has been dropping hints he's gone, and the band members have been giving different accounts as to what is next for the band.

Exactly the point.

Well, someone with the band either disagrees with you, or maybe those things are in place. Cheesy

Or maybe right now doesn't change the focus of what had just happened with shows....

Cheesy

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »

I don't get it...

Was ron asked to be quiet by Axl's people or not? and to what extent?

We have no clue... but you know what... I really don't care anymore... I think ron handled it badly, obviously GNR says nothing to us ever... so who knows what they think or what they said. We get a vague statement from this guy Fernando, that he "doesn't agree". Who the hell knows what that means.

Bottom line... he's gone... moving on... next man up right? Somebody else can play Sweet CHild o Mine...and everybody will have a lot of fun at the show.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »

How is that any different from the way things have always been with this band? Remember 02-06? It's the way it is and things have always worked out in the end....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »

I wonder if they've been auditioning (or looking for) new guitar players for the past year since Ron left. We didn't hear about the past auditions (both after Bucket and Robin left) while they were going on right?

Maybe there's at least one player already chosen...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Couldn't the same be said about the Guns camp?
Why have they been evasive about it for a year?

Does it seem to any one else that they are throwing Ron under the bus?

I disagree.

You guys are all overlooking a significant update.  Fernando gave us the answer to everything we've be looking for right here, in two words.  So next time you convince yourself that you know what GN'R should do, how and when they do it, just remember that TB "disagree".

Is this what baiting looks like?

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree.  There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made. 

One of my favorite quotes is "3 hour meeting".  That gets me every time. My favorite poster has to be (magisme), if you or anyone ever wondered.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2015, 01:13:25 PM »

Fernando, can you say if the focus now is setting up a new tour or working in the studio? Just a general idea of where the focus is..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »

How is that any different from the way things have always been with this band? Remember 02-06? It's the way it is and things have always worked out in the end....

That was in response to "If nobody had said a single word other than "no comment".

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

I disagree.

You guys are all overlooking a significant update.  Fernando gave us the answer to everything we've be looking for right here, in two words.  So next time you convince yourself that you know what GN'R should do, how and when they do it, just remember that TB "disagree".

Thats not my style, just a lighthearded joke based on perceptions that are out there on the forums  peace

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »

I disagree.

Thats not my style, just a lighthearded joke based on perceptions that are out there on the forums  peace

Gotcha! 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »

Fernando -

Do you not see that you bring some of this on yourselves with your constant silence and allowing misconceptions to lay out there unchallenged?

You let Ron punk you guys for over a year.  It was made to seem like you were fucking with him. 

What sense does it make not to speak up and correct the record when you are being shit on in the public arena?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »

well I suppose it takes some time to replace musicians, finding the good ones, the good
chemistry, especially when all the others guys have side projects, not easy to have them
playing with new guys. I hope the future update will concern the new album.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mortismurphy
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2015, 02:10:15 PM »

If you only have one side of the debate, that side becomes the perception. Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries and bullied by certain band members. GNR's reply? A wall of silence.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: