Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Dr. Dre : New Album Out Of Nowhere
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Dre : New Album Out Of Nowhere  (Read 3134 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« on: August 02, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

New York (AFP) - Rap mogul Dr. Dre will release his first album in nearly 16 years to accompany a film on his former band N.W.A. and hinted the record would be his last.

Dr. Dre -- who has become one of music's richest businesspeople and works with Apple -- said the album would come out on August 7, a week before the biopic "Straight Outta Compton" opens in US cinemas.

The album will feature collaborations with his protege Eminem, former N.W.A. bandmate Ice Cube and fellow Los Angeles-area rap giants Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, according to the pre-order information on Apple's iTunes.

The rapper, whose birth name is Andre Romelle Young, said he decided to record the album -- entitled "Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre" -- during the filming of "Straight Outta Compton."

"I felt myself just so inspired by the movie that I started recording an album," Dr. Dre said late Saturday on his show on Apple Music, the tech giant's new streaming and radio service where he has played a prominent role.

"I started recording a soundtrack. I kept it under wraps, and now the album is finished," he said.

Dr. Dre. indicated that the album would be his last, writing on Twitter that it was "my grand finale."

N.W.A -- which stands for Niggaz Wit Attitude -- shocked much of white America in the late 1980s with its unapologetic takes on street life through songs such as "Fuck Tha Police."

From his humble upbringing, Dr. Dre went on to develop headphones and other audio products under the name Beats Electronics, which Apple bought last year for $3.2 billion.

Forbes this year estimated his net worth at $700 million.

While focusing on the music business, Dr. Dre has not released a solo studio album since "2001," which despite its name was released in late 1999.

For years he has been reported to be working on an album called "Detox," but he said on his radio show that he had abandoned it.

"This is something you're not going to hear many artists say. The reason 'Detox' didn't come out was because I didn't like it. It wasn't good," he said.

That bit in bold, it was the only possible reason for that absurd delay.

But, overall...HOLY SHIT. Where is this coming from? How did he keep this under wraps?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »

I saw that he said that about Detox.  Good for him.  As a casual fan of Dre I don't really care either way, but if I were a hardcore fan I'd want to hear that album anyways. 

I read a rumor that NWA is planning a UK tour with Eminem replacing Eazy-E.  I would love to see that tour
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »

I heard that too, about the tour.

But MC Ren is pissed at the world right now, because he sees all the marketing material is just Dre and Cube, and not him.  In fairness, he did write a lot of stuff.

I'm in a weird spot with this movie.  I love Dr. Dre.  He is my Axl Rose of hip-hop.

But, to be honest...I think N.W.A. is terribly overrated and not very good.  Impact?  Absolutely.  But the material?  Not great.

I can still listen to 'The Chronic' today and love it.  But just last month I called up 'Niggaz4Life' on my iPod, and its just not very good.  Yet they only came out a year apart.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »

I saw that he said that about Detox.  Good for him.  As a casual fan of Dre I don't really care either way, but if I were a hardcore fan I'd want to hear that album anyways. 

I read a rumor that NWA is planning a UK tour with Eminem replacing Eazy-E.  I would love to see that tour

Ugh.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »

You guys like the new album? I'm not sure what to think...the leaked tracks I heard from Detox were pretty damn good..Under Pressure with Jay-Z was unreal...Going to listen to the new album soon

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »

You guys like the new album?

Yes Grin

'Doctor's orders go fuck yourself' pure gold smoking

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »

You guys like the new album? I'm not sure what to think...the leaked tracks I heard from Detox were pretty damn good..Under Pressure with Jay-Z was unreal...Going to listen to the new album soon

I like it a lot.

The only quibbles are that his voice sounds different and there is not that 'Let Me Ride' or 'Still D.R.E.' type of single that grabs you.

But overall, I like the tracks.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: