Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 490317 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1140 on: August 22, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »

Certainly speaks volumes as to the idiocy of his supporters both at large and in this thread, though.

More generalized insults at people you've never met, that just happen to have a different opinion than u. You've added nothing of value to this thread. I feel sorry for the people in your life.

Glad to see many on the right calling trump out on his BS plan. We r not blind followers as many haters would love to believe.

Trump ran on getting out of pointless wars. I wish he stuck to it. For the good of our countey, afghanistan people, and the world, i hope i am wrong and this ends up being successful. But i dont have a good feeling about it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1141 on: August 22, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »

He also threatened Pakistan.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1142 on: August 22, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »

Certainly speaks volumes as to the idiocy of his supporters both at large and in this thread, though.

That's one heck of an enlightening argument you have there.   hihi

Civil discourse and a thought out rebuttal to differing opinions just isn't your thing I suppose.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1143 on: August 22, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »

More generalized insults at people you've never met, that just happen to have a different opinion than u. You've added nothing of value to this thread. I feel sorry for the people in your life.

Aren't you the one who got his ass kicked at a Pearl Jam concert of all places? Considering you pretty much encapsulate everything they hate about America and have spent the better part of their career protesting against, I'm the one who feels sorry for you hihi

Civil discourse and a thought out rebuttal to differing opinions just isn't your thing I suppose.

Dude, you voted for George Bush not once but twice, are probably still convinced Saddam had WMDs, and literally live to parrot Fox News...
Civil discourse is so far beyond your cognitive capabilities you should take pride in being able to turn on a computer and find your way on here.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1144 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »

Aren't you the one who got his ass kicked at a Pearl Jam concert of all places? Considering you pretty much encapsulate everything they hate about America and have spent the better part of their career protesting against, I'm the one who feels sorry for you hihi

Dude, you voted for George Bush not once but twice, are probably still convinced Saddam had WMDs, and literally live to parrot Fox News...
Civil discourse is so far beyond your cognitive capabilities you should take pride in being able to turn on a computer and find your way on here.

You are continuing to prove my point  ok

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1145 on: August 23, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »

ESPN has now fallen victim to the current anti-statue mania. And no, this isn't The Onion.

ESPN pulls announcer Robert Lee from covering a Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee: report

An announcer by any other name would announce just as sweet.

In what is sure to be a controversial decision, ESPN has decided to pull college football announcer Robert Lee from covering a Virginia football game this season due to the simple fact his name is Robert Lee, according to Outkick the Coverage's Clay Travis.

Lee, of course, shares the same name as former Confederate general Robert E. Lee. Despite this Lee, who is Asian-American, sharing no heritage to the former military leader of the Confederacy, ESPN reportedly believes the fact they share the same name is grounds enough to remove him from covering the Virginia-William & Mary football game this season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/espn-pulls-announcer-robert-lee-covering-virginia-football-article-1.3434079

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1146 on: August 23, 2017, 12:48:45 AM »

Now that even i can admit is ridiculous.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1147 on: September 02, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »

Amazing job by trump and his administration responding to the catastrophe in texas. Really coming through for the people!

Feel so bad for those affected. What a nightmare.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1148 on: September 02, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »

So saying stupid shit on twitter like hurricane Harvey sounds like an innocent name but it's not justifies as a great response to a natural disaster now? Ok then. Not to mention he didn't say a word about Harvey until 24 hours after it made landfall. Instead the morning after it hit he goes on some crazy twitter tirade where he attacked the media and some others. He only issued a statement after people were outraged he didn't mention Harvey.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:25:55 PM by tim_m » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1149 on: September 06, 2017, 08:07:15 AM »

So saying stupid shit on twitter like hurricane Harvey sounds like an innocent name but it's not justifies as a great response to a natural disaster now? Ok then. Not to mention he didn't say a word about Harvey until 24 hours after it made landfall. Instead the morning after it hit he goes on some crazy twitter tirade where he attacked the media and some others. He only issued a statement after people were outraged he didn't mention Harvey.

What is important is how he has managed the response to Harvey. Have resources been allocated promptly and effectively, etc ...When 100,000 people have lost their homes does it really matter what he said when and how he said it?  We all know he can be a bonehead in that regard.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:13:41 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1150 on: September 06, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »

Do you guys who still support Trump...which is mind boggling to me and many other moderates, democrats and republicans alike... but you are entitled to fell any way you'd like...

Do you support his stance on DACA too? Like deep down you think it's right to deport people who came here as children and have done nothing wrong other than have brown skin?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1151 on: September 06, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »

What is important is how he has managed the response to Harvey. Have resources been allocated promptly and effectively, etc ...When 100,000 people have lost their homes does it really matter what he said when and how he said it?  We all know he can be a bonehead in that regard.

Yes.

But (you knew that was coming): ASPR and FEMA were both SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded during the Obama administration.  And MANY (if not most) of the FEMA leadership are STILL Obama appointees.  The FEMA director has only been on the job since June, and the ASPR director had been on the job like 6 days before Harvey hit.  Those "leftovers" in leadership roles deserve some credit, too...and some acknowledgement. And remember, part of the "plan" with the rebuild of FEMA and ASPR was to make them more or less "president proof", in some respects.  After Katrina, thats what Congress wanted to do...and they did it pretty well.  I'm not saying that Trump would have fucked things up, either.  I'm just noting that, after the president says "roll out", they have a lot less influence and power than they used to.

What Trump did best, perhaps far better than GWB did with Katrina, was get the fuck out of the way and not try to micromanage. He issued the directives to get things hopping, and then he let the career HHS officers do their job, without getting in the way, or playing politics. And he deserves some credit for that, for sure.  Part of being a good Administration is knowing when to get your hands dirty, and knowing when to send in the cavalry and get the fuck out of the way.

It should also be mentioned that TEXAS did a lot of their own heavy lifting.  This was a rather unique situation (and not one that will likely play out again with Irma and Florida) that saw 1/2 or more of the state NOT be effected by the storm.  Texas' size was a real benefit to response times, and resource direction, because there were actually state controlled resources NOT effected, that could be deployed without federal involvement, and quickly.

Again, I'm not saying Trump doesn't deserve some credit. He does (and he deserves some condemnation on his flippant comments, too).  He just doesn't deserve ALL the credit. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:55:19 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: September 06, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

That's the understatement of the century.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1153 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »

Yes.

But (you knew that was coming): ASPR and FEMA were both SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded during the Obama administration.  And MANY (if not most) of the FEMA leadership are STILL Obama appointees.  The FEMA director has only been on the job since June, and the ASPR director had been on the job like 6 days before Harvey hit.  Those "leftovers" in leadership roles deserve some credit, too...and some acknowledgement. And remember, part of the "plan" with the rebuild of FEMA and ASPR was to make them more or less "president proof", in some respects.  After Katrina, thats what Congress wanted to do...and they did it pretty well.  I'm not saying that Trump would have fucked things up, either.  I'm just noting that, after the president says "roll out", they have a lot less influence and power than they used to.

What Trump did best, perhaps far better than GWB did with Katrina, was get the fuck out of the way and not try to micromanage. He issued the directives to get things hopping, and then he let the career HHS officers do their job, without getting in the way, or playing politics. And he deserves some credit for that, for sure.  Part of being a good Administration is knowing when to get your hands dirty, and knowing when to send in the cavalry and get the fuck out of the way.

It should also be mentioned that TEXAS did a lot of their own heavy lifting.  This was a rather unique situation (and not one that will likely play out again with Irma and Florida) that saw 1/2 or more of the state NOT be effected by the storm.  Texas' size was a real benefit to response times, and resource direction, because there were actually state controlled resources NOT effected, that could be deployed without federal involvement, and quickly.

Again, I'm not saying Trump doesn't deserve some credit. He does (and he deserves some condemnation on his flippant comments, too).  He just doesn't deserve ALL the credit. 
That tirade he went on twitter the morning after without mentioning Harvey is definitely a wtf moment.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1154 on: September 07, 2017, 09:02:35 AM »

Do you guys who still support Trump...which is mind boggling to me and many other moderates, democrats and republicans alike... but you are entitled to fell any way you'd like...

Do you support his stance on DACA too? Like deep down you think it's right to deport people who came here as children and have done nothing wrong other than have brown skin?

What this comes down to is that the Constitution doesn't say that the president gets to make his own law if Congress doesn't do what he wants. It has to do with the whole separation of powers thing.

In 2012 Obama asked for a DACA bill from Congress and didn't get it. So he just decided to executive order DACA and override them. But even Obama said his executive order was a temporary program.

What Trump did has nothing to do with racism or singling out 'brown people'.  He pretty much told Congress to do it the right way and gave them a 6 month deadline. 

My opinion is that they need to give the ones here a pass that have established themselves and any future arrivals would have to actually be accountable and be subject to the laws already on the books. Congress can pass this if they stop bitching and whining about doing their job as well pointing their fingers at each other and saying not my fault.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:34:21 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1155 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »

Yes.

That tirade he went on twitter the morning after without mentioning Harvey is definitely a wtf moment.

Trump has a track record of fumbling the initial response, then catches shit from the media, democrats and his own party in some cases. Then covers for himself with a statement he should have made originally & repeats it over and over and over again.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1156 on: September 07, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »

my guess is that you do not even understand Trump's current stance on DACA. therefore, expressing any opinions about such could lead to further confusion.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: September 07, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »

my guess is that you do not even understand Trump's current stance on DACA. therefore, expressing any opinions about such could lead to further confusion.

I understand it perfectly.

Like everything he does and says, is all to appeal his voting base... people like you.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1158 on: September 07, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »

What this comes down to is that the Constitution doesn't say that the president gets to make his own law if Congress doesn't do what he wants. It has to do with the whole separation of powers thing.

In 2012 Obama asked for a DACA bill from Congress and didn't get it. So he just decided to executive order DACA and override them. But even Obama said his executive order was a temporary program.

What Trump did has nothing to do with racism or singling out 'brown people'.  He pretty much told Congress to do it the right way and gave them a 6 month deadline. 

My opinion is that they need to give the ones here a pass that have established themselves and any future arrivals would have to actually be accountable and be subject to the laws already on the books. Congress can pass this if they stop bitching and whining about doing their job as well pointing their fingers at each other and saying not my fault.

Totally agree with you here. The ones already here should get a pass. They are here through no fault of their own and should not get thrown out simply cause their parents brought them here illegally. I also agree congress needs to do a law like Obama wanted and like Trump wants. I think we can also agree the chance of that happening and congress actually doing their job is slim. They're more interested in destroying health care.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1159 on: September 07, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »

Yes.

Trump has a track record of fumbling the initial response, then catches shit from the media, democrats and his own party in some cases. Then covers for himself with a statement he should have made originally & repeats it over and over and over again.
Indeed, if nothing else it is good for the late night shows.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: