Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 489878 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1300 on: November 18, 2017, 02:11:41 AM »

Yes, you choose. I believe in the ideas of democracy. Freedom of speech is necassary for democracy, so Eminem, Axl, you, me, mentally ill or not, addict or not can say what they/we want about what they/we want.

Here's the problem though.  For those people who believe in this, they shouldn't then bitch when Trump voices his opinions, right?  Or are Presidents supposed to sit back, keep their opinions in, and be politically correct? 

To bitch about it is a part of it....The freedom of bitchin'  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1301 on: November 18, 2017, 02:26:32 AM »

The point is dont be a fuckin snowflake and bitch and cry about your prez and hope others do the same. It may make you feel better having your favorite band criticize your prez, but i?m guessing u would feel different if gnr shows turned into pro-trump rallies.

Personally i hate it either way because it divides your audience. I?d rather 50,000 people come together for one day and celebrate music.

You should know that using the word "snowflake" discredits your opinion in adult company.

But when they look down upon some of their fans for not sharing said opinion or tell the audience how they should vote, what they should think, etc I have a real problem with that. GNR has been pretty good about not doing this.

When has any artist ever directly told their fans what to think or who to vote for? Even announcing support for a candidate is very different from TELLING fans to vote for them. Eminem told any of his fans who support Trump that he does not want them as fans. He did not tell them what to think in any way.

I don't have a horse in this race... As I don't really care one way or another what an entertainers political point of view is... I'm using their entertainment as an escape from 'reality' for the 1-3+ hours that they are performing. If I got my feathers all ruffled anytime anyone took a shot at the right I'd have a pretty shallow pool of performers to follow.

However that last point about Eminem... don't you think that could be viewed as an ultimatum? Same as the recent David Crosby quote:?If you?re a Trump dummy and you don?t like progressives, Don?t come to my show asshole.? Seems pretty close minded and non inclusive, everything that 'liberals' are supposed to be about?

Ah, the old "tolerate intolerance" argument. You might as well argue it is hypocritical to have police use force against violent criminals to preserve peace and order. This argument has been thoroughly debunked:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/deconstructing-the-tolerance-paradox-why-conservatives-go-to-line-is-garbage-666a1bf04a65

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them...We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant." - Karl Popper

http://bigthink.com/21st-century-spirituality/should-we-tolerate-the-intolerant

And I highly doubt he will actually enforce any kind of policy to keep Trump supporting fans out of his shows. He was simply making it clear that they are not welcome.

Triggered  rofl

Just the kind of juvenile ad-hominem dodge I expected. You can't counter my argument so you resort to tone policing.

Also, nothing in my post suggested I was angry whatsoever. So you've even failed at your own weak attempt at an ad-hominem fallacy. I swear it's like you're trying to prove that nobody should take anything you say seriously by acting like the biggest child possible...

Are u a psychiatrist?

I hope u find a safe place for the weekend so u can deal with your feelings.

I say we keep political discussions in the Jungle where they belong, and leave this thread to focus on the great topic it was set up for.

Uh, nothing I said had anything to do with psychiatric evaluation. Way to make a fool of yourself yet again...

Could you try any harder to prove my point? Go ahead, throw out some more meaningless alt right buzzwords because you HAVE NO ARGUMENT. Prove my point yet again, dullard. rofl

Ironically, it is clearly you who is getting upset and "triggered" into lashing out with your favorite buzzwords because you cannot counter opposing opinions like an adult and you need a "safe space". The height of hypocrisy. Roll Eyes

Trump definitely has his faults, but hearing you liberals cry on a daily basis is getting so friggen old.  Be careful what you say, because many of those bitching are complete hypocrites that never seem to find fault in themselves or their democratic leaders.  And yes, the few times GNR members have spoken up on certain topics, I've laughed.  Didn't hear them speak up when certain democrats have done the same stuff.    

In the past, democratic leaders have been horrible on trade, horrible negotiators, messed up the economy, created racial divides, have been cheating in the White House, have lied, etc.  But for some reason, Trump tops all of this huh?  A childish narcissist is worse than all that right?    

Some of these comments are  Undecided   My favorite...."he's a racist".  Where do you get that from...CNN and the liberal media?  Let me tell you, the liberal media pushes the democratic agenda, which in part, is to appeal to minorities...to get votes.  The democrats play minorities like pawns.

Jesus Christ, you are a piece of work. Totally unsubstantiated cries of hypocrisy with no evidence given whatsoever and then trying to paint the entire left wing with that imaginary brush. Get fucking real.

Tell me, when has a Democrat bragged about sexually assaulting women? When has a Democrat said there are "some good Nazis" or called Mexicans rapists? What planet are you living on? The cognitive dissonance is suffocating.

The next part of your post is pure, unadulterated bias. Dems are "bad on trade"? NAFTA, PNTRC and CAFTA were all bipartisan, do you know a single thing about anything you speak of? "Horrible negotiators"? The Iran deal and the Paris agreement were literal historic milestones and massive achievements in foreign negotiation, which Trump has now sabotaged and set us back horrifically on. Again, you clearly know nothing of what you speak. "Messed up the economy"? Oh, you mean like Clinton giving us a massive economic expansion and leaving with a SURPLUS? Or Obama saving us from the disaster Bush created? Crack a damn economics textbook for once in your life. "Created racial divides"... I would LOVE to see a source for that ridiculous claim. I'll wait.

And on top of all that, you actually have the gall to claim Trump is not a racist? He announced his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists and said there are good Nazis. If that is not racist, nothing is. You are arguing that the sky is purple. Do not gaslight us, you coward. Disgusting and reprehensible.

Here's the problem though.  For those people who believe in this, they shouldn't then bitch when Trump voices his opinions, right?  Or are Presidents supposed to sit back, keep their opinions in, and be politically correct? 

The first amendment only protects people from GOVERNMENT censorship. It says nothing about the court of public opinion. Trump has the right to defend child molester Roy Moore and literal Fascist Nazis, and we have the right to call him a cretin and scum of the earth for saying it.

Oh my God.  Let's start with this.  So you claim nothing I mentioned about democrats to be true?  I might as well stop right there when the person on the other end can't admit to any wrong doing.  I see I got you pretty upset though. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:47:06 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1302 on: November 18, 2017, 02:43:48 AM »

I like how you and the media twist things though to get your point across.  First of all, Trump didn't call Mexicans rapists.  Anyone who listened to the speech, and has half a brain, knew he was referring to illegal criminal Mexicans, and suggesting that SOME are rapists.  I will say, he's not the best at conveying his message at times, but the medias twist on that (to appeal to minorities) was a good effort.  I mean hey, they got people like you to believe that he basically said "ALL Mexicans are rapists"...lol.

I think his comment "some very fine people on both sides" was wrong.  Even though I'm not sure what the groups were completely made up of (all Nazis??, all alt left?) , he still should have left those words out.  But you even twist that a bit as well, saying that he said there are "good Nazis". He never used those words...but it does make your argument sound better. 😀

You are implying that you are an intelligent person, so I would ask...don't you think Trump might make a comment like "some very fine people" because he knows that particular group of people are probably voting republican?  He wants to keep their votes.  A very similar example is when Obama refused to shame BLM for rioting or was quick to shame police after Baltimore shooting of black person, before knowing all the facts.  Why, because he needs and wanted black/minority vote. 

You think these comments make someone racist?  Let me ask you, is Axl Rose racist to you? 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:26:11 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1303 on: November 18, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »

Jesus Christ, you are a piece of work. Totally unsubstantiated cries of hypocrisy with no evidence given whatsoever and then trying to paint the entire left wing with that imaginary brush. Get fucking real.

Tell me, when has a Democrat bragged about sexually assaulting women? When has a Democrat said there are "some good Nazis" or called Mexicans rapists? What planet are you living on? The cognitive dissonance is suffocating.

Really?  Do they need to have done the EXACT same thing for you to see it?  Any parallels with Bill Clinton and Trump that you see?  You're right, I don't think Bill ever bragged about sexually assaulting a woman....but he may have done a few other things...😒  Huh

The next part of your post is pure, unadulterated bias. Dems are "bad on trade"? NAFTA, PNTRC and CAFTA were all bipartisan, do you know a single thing about anything you speak of? "Horrible negotiators"? The Iran deal and the Paris agreement were literal historic milestones and massive achievements in foreign negotiation, which Trump has now sabotaged and set us back horrifically on. Again, you clearly know nothing of what you speak. "Messed up the economy"? Oh, you mean like Clinton giving us a massive economic expansion and leaving with a SURPLUS? Or Obama saving us from the disaster Bush created? Crack a damn economics textbook for once in your life. "Created racial divides"... I would LOVE to see a source for that ridiculous claim. I'll wait.

First of all, you gotta understand the difference between "have been" and "are".  If I had said Democrats "are", it would imply that I'm talking about ALL Democratic Presidents.  I'm not speaking about ALL Democratic Presidents.  I used the words "have been", which implies that certain things HAVE happened in the past, or some Democratic Presidents HAVE failed us.  I'm pretty sure this argument will go nowhere however, as it seems you can't see any negatives from your precious party. 

You remember when Obama traded 5 experienced Jihadist leaders for 1 American traitor and then called him a hero?  He deserted and endangered our own troops.  That was great negotiation!

Paris agreement?  Some would say we are wasting a shit ton of money on something we have very little control over.  I heard a scientist say a few months back that we will be so advanced in another 20-30 years, that global warming (yeah, I'll say global warming, since that's what Dems first called it. Once the facts didn't align, they changed it to climate change.  No shit the climate changes...lol.) won't even be an issue.  He was basing that off of how far we have come in the last 30 years. 

Yes, messed up the economy.  Do you remember when Bill Clinton preached that "every American deserves to live in their own home"?  Great idea, but it's not realistic.  Well, the banks started lending to any and everyone. Things were great!  Over time however, people and businesses couldn't keep up with their payments.  The housing market crashed and banks started going under (around 2007).  If you haven't already, you should watch the movie "The Big Short".  It was a poor idea and push by Clinton that affected the economy years later.

Racial divide.  Yep.  You of course won't see it, but that's exactly what Obama started to do when he started taking sides when it came to matters like BLM or blaming the police right away before knowing all the facts.  Whether you wanna see it or not, millions of people saw this. 

But maybe I "know nothing of what I speak" and I should "crack a damn economics textbook" for once in my life. 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:52:20 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1304 on: November 18, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »

Yes, you choose. I believe in the ideas of democracy. Freedom of speech is necassary for democracy, so Eminem, Axl, you, me, mentally ill or not, addict or not can say what they/we want about what they/we want.

To bitch about it is a part of it....The freedom of bitchin'  Smiley

You're right.  Just seems weird when the people saying "Kaepernik has the right to do what he wants, who cares?....are the same ones crying over anything Trump does.  How can you be so "pro whatever" with one individual, and the complete opposite with another?  Because with most people, it all comes down to whether or not they care for that particular person or what that person represents.  There is a bias to it, pretty simple.  Hypocrisy 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1305 on: November 18, 2017, 04:32:03 AM »

Again....it's not hipocracy. It is freedom of speech and freedom of having an opinion. I can for example accept that Axl covers most songs, but I often find it hard to accept that mediocre artists covers Guns, because they don't do the songs justice.

And I sure have an opinion on Trump, and that his "cover" of being a politician and president don't do that "song" justice....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1306 on: November 18, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »

Again....it's not hipocracy. It is freedom of speech and freedom of having an opinion. I can for example accept that Axl covers most songs, but I often find it hard to accept that mediocre artists covers Guns, because they don't do the songs justice.

And I sure have an opinion on Trump, and that his "cover" of being a politician and president don't do that "song" justice....

I think it can be hypocrisy because here is what I?ve heard plenty of people say...  ?Kap can do what he wants.?  Ten minutes later on a different topic.  ?Trump needs to shut his mouth?. 

When you preach freedom of expression, but think it?s only appropriate for certain people, that is hypocrisy.  Just because you are free to judge and react anyway you want, doesn?t mean you can?t be a hypocrite.  That?s also called not taking any accountability or responsibility for your actions.  You can do or say whatever you want, but you aren?t free from consequences or being labeled.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1307 on: November 18, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »

I think it can be hypocrisy because here is what I?ve heard plenty of people say...  ?Kap can do what he wants.?  Ten minutes later on a different topic.  ?Trump needs to shut his mouth?. 

When you preach freedom of expression, but think it?s only appropriate for certain people, that is hypocrisy.  Just because you are free to judge and react anyway you want, doesn?t mean you can?t be a hypocrite.  That?s also called not taking any accountability or responsibility for your actions.  You can do or say whatever you want, but you aren?t free from consequences or being labeled.   

Do you not understand that when the president opens his mouth there are far reaching consequences. A football player does not have the same responsibilities as trump. His verbal diarrhea could start a war. Not to mention the facts that he is under multiple active investigations. Your whataboutisms hold no water.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1308 on: November 18, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »

Do you not understand that when the president opens his mouth there are far reaching consequences. A football player does not have the same responsibilities as trump. His verbal diarrhea could start a war. Not to mention the facts that he is under multiple active investigations. Your whataboutisms hold no water.

Im not sure you understand my point.  I?m not saying I?m even for one or the other. What I?m saying is that you can?t have it both ways. If you preach and believe in freedom of speech and expression, it applies to all people.  What you are saying then, is that the president does not have that right?  I understand the president has a much bigger impact...but does that mean freedom of speech doesn?t apply to him?  No. 

My opinion is that we can judge and disagree or agree with him all we want, but we can also disagree and judge others without hearing people say ?well he has the freedom to do or say whatever he wants?.  It?s kind of a weak argument and attempt to deflect any responsibility.  It?s the typical response you hear from people who defend Collin Kaepernick.  ?He can do whatever he wants?.  It?s a lame ass response.  It would be like me saying ?Trump can say whatever he wants...freedom of expression?.  LAME 

And when you use that reasoning, and preach it...but then bitch when someone does something you don?t like , then yeah, you are a hypocrite. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:10:18 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1309 on: November 18, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »

Do you think Franken should resign over this issue?

Who doesnt? There is actual evidence of him sexually assaulting a woman. Shocked you would even ask that.

There is actual evidence of Trump bragging to Billy Bush about sexually assaulting women, and yet your shock and outrage is strangely, yet predictably, reserved for Al Franken.

Oh, so you believe trump is honest now? Glad to see u r coming around.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1310 on: November 18, 2017, 03:31:42 PM »

Who doesnt? There is actual evidence of him sexually assaulting a woman. Shocked you would even ask that.
Actually, the sexual assault part (him grabbing her and forcibly kissing her) isn't "actual evidence," it's he said, she said.  (He said he doesn't remember it the way she does.) 

As for the picture, he's not physically touching her so it's not "assault".  At most, it's a juvenile/moronic stunt enacted by a comedian.

If this was the extent of his sexual aggression, I don't see any reason for him to resign.

There is actual evidence of Trump bragging to Billy Bush about sexually assaulting women, and yet your shock and outrage is strangely, yet predictably, reserved for Al Franken.
Bragging isn't actual evidence of sexually assaulting anyone.

Just my perspective as both a female and a Republican.

I disagree. Sure looks like he is touching her. But even if he is not, he is joking about sexual assault and taking a photo for others to see. What do you call that? Is assault too strong of a word? I?m not sure. I know i would kill him if that was my daughter.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1311 on: November 18, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »

So you believe Roy Moore (should he win) and Donny boy should resign as well? Shocked you couldn't see why I asked it.

I dont believe trump assaulted anyone. Notice how all those women that accused him disappeared after the election? Maybe something credible will come out now.

As for Moore, i honestly don?t know what to think. I haven?t been paying attention to it and don?t know all the facts. There?s been somes things proven false, but if he did anything with a 14 year old, he is a sick fuck.

I think true or not, the gop establishment is behind it. Mconnell says he should resign and then we have strong comments from romney and mccain. SOP these days.

Anyone that says Trump has control of congress isnt paying attention. He is battling both parties. And sadly, those 2 parties r tied at the hip. Behind the scenes, they act as one party. The swamp.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1312 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »

So you believe Roy Moore (should he win) and Donny boy should resign as well? Shocked you couldn't see why I asked it.

I dont believe trump assaulted anyone. Notice how all those women that accused him disappeared after the election? Maybe something credible will come out now.

As for Moore, i honestly don?t know what to think. I haven?t been paying attention to it and don?t know all the facts. There?s been somes things proven false, but if he did anything with a 14 year old, he is a sick fuck.

I think true or not, the gop establishment is behind it. Mconnell says he should resign and then we have strong comments from romney and mccain. SOP these days.

Anyone that says Trump has control of congress isnt paying attention. He is battling both parties. And sadly, those 2 parties r tied at the hip. Behind the scenes, they act as one party. The swamp.

I guarantee you the majority if not all of trumps accusers are telling the truth. As someone who has experienced that kind of shit first hand, they all absolutely sound like they are telling the truth. One day it will all come out.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1313 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »

I guarantee you the majority if not all of trumps accusers are telling the truth. As someone who has experienced that kind of shit first hand, they all absolutely sound like they are telling the truth. One day it will all come out.

I?m not saying he didn?t do anything, I don?t know.  But when you say ?they all absolutely SOUND like they are telling the truth?....😧😏, you SOUND like someone who just wants it to be true because you don?t like the man.  Did the girl who got paid $500k? to come out against him , SOUND like she was telling the truth?  That one is pretty fishy if you ask me. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:52:26 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1314 on: November 20, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

I?m not saying he didn?t do anything, I don?t know.  But when you say ?they all absolutely SOUND like they are telling the truth?....😧😏, you SOUND like someone who just wants it to be true because you don?t like the man.  Did the girl who got paid $500k to come out against him , SOUND like she was telling the truth?  That one is pretty fishy if you ask me. 

The fact you're quoting that story (the 500k one), given it's sourcing and complete lack of actual evidence, speaks volumes about this entire topic.

You're actually espousing a claim by a proven fringe far right site, which sourced an even further, crazier, far right site, who have both posted a shit ton of stories that could be called...nicely...fake news (I prefer utter bullshit, but hey...), as actual evidence of something.  Because you saw it on your facebook feed??

I came back in to check on how things were going after a couple weeks away.  Now I'm just laughing my ass off.....

How far the mighty have fallen. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1315 on: November 20, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »

I?m not saying he didn?t do anything, I don?t know.  But when you say ?they all absolutely SOUND like they are telling the truth?....😧😏, you SOUND like someone who just wants it to be true because you don?t like the man.  Did the girl who got paid $500k to come out against him , SOUND like she was telling the truth?  That one is pretty fishy if you ask me. 

The fact you're quoting that story (the 500k one), given it's sourcing and complete lack of actual evidence, speaks volumes about this entire topic.

You're actually espousing a claim by a proven fringe far right site, which sourced an even further, crazier, far right site, who have both posted a shit ton of stories that could be called...nicely...fake news (I prefer utter bullshit, but hey...), as actual evidence of something.  Because you saw it on your facebook feed??

I came back in to check on how things were going after a couple weeks away.  Now I'm just laughing my ass off.....

How far the mighty have fallen. 

Give me a break.  I never said if it was true or not...I said the whole thing is fishy as hell.  I also stated above that nobody knows the real truth...so just stop.  You DONT know if that is true or not. You don?t. Either do I.  But I can?t mention it because it?s supposedly from a far right site?  But yet, you can soak up and take as truth, anything form the opposite side?  What?s your point in your response anyhow?  Your laughing at me because I mention something from a far right site (if that?s true??)??  Ok....have anything else to say to all my replies above?  That?s all you came back with?  Seems pretty typical.  A lot of truth in other things up there

Ha...you do know that the left ?espouses? claims from far left sites daily right?  You act so righteous ...

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1316 on: November 20, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »

Give me a break. 

Earn a break.

I never said if it was true or not...I said the whole thing is fishy as hell.

You used the story as a basis to reject the previous posters claim. You stated it as a fact...like it was a bona fide, held in evidence, proven, absolute.
Did the girl who got paid $500k? to come out against him , SOUND like she was telling the truth?

Not "who might have been paid"....not "who allegedly was paid"....not even "who was reportedly paid".  So, as to "where did you say you believed it"....right fucking there in the quote when you stated it as fact.

If you didn't think it was true, or had some credibility, you wouldn't have mentioned it. Certainly not as categorically as you did.

I'm calling bullshit.

So, here's my challenge.  Prove it.  Prove it's true.  You used it as a source. Prove it. Provide credible, actual evidence.

No? Can't do that?

Thanks for proving my point.

To head off the inevitable "well, prove it's not true"...nope.  That's not the way it works.  You brought it up. You stated it as a fact.  The onus is on you. 

I also stated above that nobody knows the real truth...so just stop.  You DONT know if that is true or not. You don?t. Either do I.  But I can?t mention it because it?s supposedly from a far right site?

From a far right site with a HISTORY of making up fake news stories?  Owned by an admitted conservative troll?

You can...but it proves my point.

You don't want truth.  You want an echo chamber.

Man, the movie "Idiocracy" is becoming less "terrible comedy" and more "clairvoyant picture of the future" every fucking day.

But yet, you can soak up and take as truth, anything form the opposite side?

Try harder.

I actually investigate the news I consume.  You know, check around...see if it has any basis in fact.  I don't just read my facebook feed and blindly assume anything posted there is true. Why? Because most of the time, left, right or center, it's NOT. It's bullshit.

I've left this thread, for the most part, because discussion is dead here.  It's two sides shouting shit at each other, quoting unproven bullshit, and acting like grade school children in a food fight. No, not children.  They can be made to see reason. Monkeys. Monkeys throwing feces at each other.  And this...this story was the epitome of bullshit being flung around.

And sure, there is bullshit on both sides. Which doesn't give you any excuse why you should choose to consume and believe the bullshit that makes you feel good. You're CHOOSING too.  You're CHOOSING to believe sites who have questionable reputations, and you are choosing to regurgitate those sites contents.....that's on you.  Nobody else.  If you don't like it when someone calls you out on it...too fucking bad.

Saying "well, the other side does it" is such a fucking cop out.  So...what you're saying is....you don't aspire to be better than "them"...whoever they are.  Fucking brilliant.

Reagan is fucking turning over in his grave.

What?s your point in your response anyhow?  Your laughing at me because I mention something from a far right site (if that?s true??)??  Ok....have anything else to say to all my replies above?  That?s all you came back with?  Seems pretty typical.  A lot of truth in other things up there

My point is: Your post was the epitome of everything wrong with this country, and this thread.  We've abandoned truth for nice, comfy, cosy lies because they make us feel good.  And we have zero interest in leaving our safe space for reality. For a segment of the country who decries the "lib snowflakes".....the hypocrisy in that is just unreal.

Ha...you do know that the left ?espouses? claims from far left sites daily right?  You act so righteous ...

For example? I don't read a lot of far left sites, so.....

And nice try. Registered indie.

I'm laughing not just at you, but at the entire state this topic has become.  You're just demonstrating it.

I would say, given history, anything coming from the sources this comes from is bullshit.  Do I know that? As much as I know that anything coming from Infowars is bullshit.

As for the rest of your posts.....maybe learn the difference between "can't" and "shouldn't". Wink  There's an important difference.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:21:03 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »

You?re funny bro.  See the question mark after the $500k?Huh?  Pointless replying to everything you just said because its all based on you thinking I believe that to be true.  I don?t know what the truth is.  Either do you. 

I brought it up because until anything is somehow proven, that claim is just as reliable as Chinese?s claims.

Registered indie???

?Can?t? and ?shouldn?t?.  I?m sure you got the point.  Sounds like someone who thought Trump was referring to ALL Mexicans with that ?rapists? comment.  Better be precise in today?s world or else...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:43:31 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1318 on: November 20, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »

You?re funny bro.  See the question mark after the $500k?Huh?  Pointless replying to everything you just said because its all based on you thinking I believe that to be true.  I don?t know what the truth is.  Either do you. 

I brought it up because until anything is somehow proven, that claim is just as reliable as Chinese?s claims.

Yeah, right. Except, you know...source reliability actually matters.

The ? was after the 500k.  That would indicate you questioned the amount. Not the source.  Otherwise you wouldn't have stated it as fact.

It's a nice try,though. Everyone reading this knows what happened here, and sees you backpedaling, now.

Point proven.  By all means, keep trying to wiggle out of it...I don't care a whit.  It is exactly what it is.

Yes, I'm a registered independant.  Sorry if that blows your mind and doesn't allow you to pigeon hole me into the category you'd like to.  Sucks to be you. I've voted both sides of the aisle, and will continue to do so.  In fact, in our recent elections, I voted almost entirely Repub.....and would LIKE to have voted for Evan McMullin for president in 2016 if he'd been on our ballot.  Go ahead, look him up...I'll wait.

Oh, I got the point: You fucked up. Again: Can't and shouldn't mean different things. You railed against someone saying Trump "shouldn't" say something. They said what they meant. YOU read it as "can't" and went nuts about freedom of speech.  Shouldn't isn't can't.  Shouldn't means it's not in HIS best interests, politically, or in the countries best interests.  Both of those are pretty much true.  If he'd keep his mouth shut, he'd likely get a lot more done.  That doesn't mean he CAN'T say those things.  He certainly can (and has). 

That last bit...once again...thanks for proving my point.  Rather than think a bit, you'd rather ascribe an opinion to me that I've never  adopted because it makes you feel better. Nice try...but not effective (or accurate).

Pfffft. I'll go back to my cave now, and continue my ironic laughing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:50:34 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1319 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »

Whatever man.  Again, I?m obviously not precise enough.  I don?t know what to believe.  I?m admitting I don?t know for the third time now, you happy yet?  Keep coming up with some reason to try and prove me wrong.  I didn?t see you attack Chinese with his ?sounds? comment?...lol. God, he must be right.

One person stated an opinion, using opinion words ("I guarantee", "It sounds like"...all subjective assessments).

One stated something as fact ("The girl who got paid 500k?").

One person stated an opinion based on qualified, sourced, reputable new sources and policies (spare me the MSM conspiracy theories). It's 18 women who have let their names and faces be shown, and who give "testimony" in their own words, to multiple news outlets and journalists.  From a pure SOURCING stance, the media reports that they said what they said are more reputable.

One person basically cited a single far right wing news site, with a history for publishing bullshit, based on a story from ANOTHER far right wing news site, even more infamous for publishing bullshit, based on a single anonymous source (which it first calls "sources" in the opening paragraph before later saying it's one source).

So....given the above...I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Hey, chinese...soften that opinion language to be a little more wishy washy, huh?

There you go.

And yes, I'm happy you're admitting you don't know.  Maybe a seed was planted.  IDK, tough love and all that shit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:07:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: