Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485292 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1480 on: January 16, 2018, 03:53:38 PM »

Look at it this way - Do you want to spend your own money or give it to the government & have them spend it for you?   

I am not rich or even real well off and I'm getting to keep $4K more under this new tax plan. I don't care if someone more wealthy than me also gets to keep more of their own money they earned as I don't feel entitled to what they worked for. I have no problem working for what I have and don't expect a handout from the government.

Sorry if I have to repeat again what I had previously posted but its BS to say this tax plan only helps the rich. That statement is just parroting the Dems who are opposed to the plan since they could never bring themselves to admit Trump did something good for the country.  Trump could cure cancer and they'd complain he didn't cure AIDS.

I am living proof and not a media or political talking point to the contrary that this plan does help the middle class.

What I bolded above I think is a quintessential difference between those who lean right vs. those who lean left.  I am with you, I don't care if some one more wealthy than me gets to keep more of their money.  Even if the case is the money the wealthy get to keep is MUCH more than the money I am keeping.  I think that's where the left gets their "this is hurting the middle class argument" from.  Instead of being happy that all Americans get more money and spending power they're upset that some Americans are getting more money than others. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1481 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »

Look at it this way - Do you want to spend your own money or give it to the government & have them spend it for you?   

I am not rich or even real well off and I'm getting to keep $4K more under this new tax plan. I don't care if someone more wealthy than me also gets to keep more of their own money they earned as I don't feel entitled to what they worked for. I have no problem working for what I have and don't expect a handout from the government.

Sorry if I have to repeat again what I had previously posted but its BS to say this tax plan only helps the rich. That statement is just parroting the Dems who are opposed to the plan since they could never bring themselves to admit Trump did something good for the country.  Trump could cure cancer and they'd complain he didn't cure AIDS.

I am living proof and not a media or political talking point to the contrary that this plan does help the middle class.

What I bolded above I think is a quintessential difference between those who lean right vs. those who lean left.  I am with you, I don't care if some one more wealthy than me gets to keep more of their money.  Even if the case is the money the wealthy get to keep is MUCH more than the money I am keeping.  I think that's where the left gets their "this is hurting the middle class argument" from.  Instead of being happy that all Americans get more money and spending power they're upset that some Americans are getting more money than others. 

I think it comes down to one word.

ENVY - painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »

You mean the same site that says NPR?s factual reporting is high and that it only has a slight liberal bias?  Sounds like we should trust them!! Read the article. It?s a financial analysis using publicly available data. It even mentions that the coal industry is going nowhere, which is apparently something you cling onto.

And once again I won?t sit here and defend Trump?s actions in that situation in Hawaii, but don?t act like non-response is unique to the Trump administration *cough* Benghazi *cough*.  Did you feel a slapping was due back then also?

I don?t know what else to say about the tax bill because you don?t understand it.  No trickle down necessary because lots of those people are benefitting from it. I am happy to be getting more money in my pocket instead of going to the black hole that is the federal government.
No, but his non reactions have been among the worst i've seen as have some of his reactions.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1483 on: January 21, 2018, 07:32:15 AM »

u
Of course but without taxes especially on the most wealthy you get the deficit that skyrockets which you were going on and on about when Obama was in there. Now? Crickets.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: January 21, 2018, 07:37:26 AM »

One more thought about what Walmart. They also fired 3500 co managers a salary position and replaced them with 1700 assistant managers. If you were just given a 18 trillion tax cut don't you think you could afford to raise wages, not close stores and not fire anyone?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-takes-credit-for-the-good-economy-heres-what-economists-say Watch this, they talk a little about the tax cuts and say basically what i've been saying all along. It will help a small number of the middle class for a short period of time but in the long run be a huge financial windfall for the ultra rich.

One question about Trump's recent exam. Does anyone seriously believe that shit? The man is not 6'3" nor is he  239 lbs and in excellent health. A person who goes to bed every night with a big mac is not a healthy person!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1485 on: January 21, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »

u
Of course but without taxes especially on the most wealthy you get the deficit that skyrockets which you were going on and on about when Obama was in there. Now? Crickets.

The government doesn't need more money, they need to spend less.  And it isn't just under Obama that we have a problem with it. Maybe try to take off the partisan glasses and see that it isn't always about R vs D go team rah rah. 

Feds Collect Record Taxes Through November; Still Run $201.8B Deficit

The federal government collected record total tax revenues of $443,715,000,000 in the first two months of fiscal 2018 (Oct. 1, 2017 through the end of November), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement.

Despite these record tax revenues, the federal government still ran a deficit of $201,761,000,000 for those same two months.

That is because the government spent $645,476,000,000 in October and November.

The $443,715,000,000 that the federal government collected in taxes in the first two months of this fiscal year was $12,873,120,000 more in constant 2018 dollars than it collected in the first two months of fiscal 2017 and $11,352,180,000 more than it collected in the first two months of fiscal 2016.

Prior to this year, the $432,362,820,000 in total taxes (in constant 2018 dollars) that the federal government collected in the first two months of fiscal 2016 was the greatest amount of taxes the federal government had ever collected in the first two months of a fiscal year.

The federal government also set a record for individual income tax collections in the first two months of fiscal 2018. In October and November, the Treasury collected $226,535,000,000 in individual income taxes. Prior to this year, the record for individual income tax collections in the first two months of the fiscal year was the $217,992,000,000 (in constant 2018 dollars) collected in the first two months of fiscal 2017.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-taxes-through-november-still-run-2018b-deficit

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #1486 on: January 21, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »

One more thought about what Walmart. They also fired 3500 co managers a salary position and replaced them with 1700 assistant managers. If you were just given a 18 trillion tax cut don't you think you could afford to raise wages, not close stores and not fire anyone?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-takes-credit-for-the-good-economy-heres-what-economists-say Watch this, they talk a little about the tax cuts and say basically what i've been saying all along. It will help a small number of the middle class for a short period of time but in the long run be a huge financial windfall for the ultra rich.

One question about Trump's recent exam. Does anyone seriously believe that shit? The man is not 6'3" nor is he  239 lbs and in excellent health. A person who goes to bed every night with a big mac is not a healthy person!

It?s not about being able to ?afford? it, the business clearly decided that these employees were fat that needed to be trimmed.  As I?ve said before where the tax cuts will come into play is to invest in new technology, infrastructure, and new hirings deemed necessary in order to be more competitive. No matter how much you argue otherwise, a business is not the welfare office. They aren?t obligated to keep on workers that are not needed and I support them in doing what they need to do to maximize revenues.  I think that is where you and I differ.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1487 on: January 25, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html

I smell obstruction of justice...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: January 28, 2018, 05:01:43 AM »

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html

I smell obstruction of justice...
That's count 2 by my count.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: January 28, 2018, 05:08:32 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/26/fact-check-democrats-repeating-misleading-talking-point-tax-cuts/1070287001/ Even this pro tax cut article cites that 6-7 years the middle class is going to get hosed. It's appalling that it expires for most of us but never for the top 1%. It should be the other way around. So enjoy your paltry break for a few years before you get screwed. Not to mention all the deductions that are being taken away that will hurt regular people.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:43:57 AM by tim_m » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: January 29, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/26/fact-check-democrats-repeating-misleading-talking-point-tax-cuts/1070287001/ Even this pro tax cut article cites that 6-7 years the middle class is going to get hosed. It's appalling that it expires for most of us but never for the top 1%. It should be the other way around. So enjoy your paltry break for a few years before you get screwed. Not to mention all the deductions that are being taken away that will hurt regular people.

so you believe the tax cuts are awesome for the middle class. finally!

and the tax cuts are so good that if they expire in 6 years, the middle class will get "hosed". so since things will go back to how they have been, you essentially believe Obama "hosed" the middle class with high taxes.

I knew you were a closet conservative!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #1491 on: January 29, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »

and the tax cuts are so good that if they expire in 6 years, the middle class will get "hosed". so since things will go back to how they have been, you essentially believe Obama "hosed" the middle class with high taxes.

Haha I love it. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1492 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:25 PM »

Tim_m isn't such a bad guy after all  Grin

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1493 on: January 30, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/371349-democrats-panic-over-avalanche-of-good-economic-news

Democrats panic over avalanche of good economic news

Democrats sound plain silly as they continue to attack the GOP tax cuts.

Former Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) said at a recent town hall that $1,000 bonuses ?wouldn?t go very far,? and they were taxable, so it wouldn?t really be $1,000 after all. Amazingly, she also said she hadn?t heard of any bonuses bigger than $1,000.

Is she really that out of touch? As Fox Business host Charles Payne noted in a tweet, Wasserman Schultz represents a district where the median household income is $50,000. Does she think her constituents wouldn?t welcome a $1,000 windfall?

Moreover, she apparently missed the announcements that Waste Management will pay $2,000 bonuses to 34,000 employees. She also failed to notice similar payments recently made by Fiat Chrysler and Apple.

Wasserman Schultz also neglected to mention the pay hikes announced by many companies, including AT&T, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bancorp, Boeing, Walmart and Comcast, that will make a permanent difference to workers going forward.

Is Debbie not keeping up? Or is she so panicked over the avalanche of good economic news triggered by the Trump agenda that she can no longer bear to read the headlines?

She made the disparaging comments while appearing with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has been leading the charge against Trump?s tax cuts.

The wealthy Pelosi has famously likened $1,000 bonuses to ?crumbs?; this, from a woman who in 2011 called a $40 payroll tax savings passed by President Obama a ?victory for America.? At the time, Pelosi tweeted that the $40 weekly benefit would ?make a difference? to the American people.

Here?s the bad news for Democrats: The good news from the tax bill is going to be bigger and more powerful in the months ahead, leading right up to the fall elections. The most important number contained in the fourth-quarter GDP report was a 6.8-percent rise in business nonresidential investment. 

That is a notable acceleration from the 6.2-percent gain of the first three quarters and is a remarkable turnaround from Obama?s eight years in office when, as The Wall Street Journal noted, such spending ?underperformed.? 

Why does it matter? Because, as The New York Times noted in a rare piece crediting President Trump?s tax breaks and deregulatory policies with the upturn in business optimism: ?Investment in new plants, equipment and factory upgrades ? bolsters economic growth, spurs job creation ? and may finally raise wages significantly.? 

Rising capital spending means increased productivity; with new machines and more efficient plants, workers are able to make more goods. Economists have long cited the lackluster productivity growth of recent years for sluggish wage gains.

The increase in investment spending will accelerate not only because of increased business confidence but also because the GOP tax bill allows immediate expensing of capital goods purchases. Businesses of all kinds report they are stepping up modernization projects to take advantage of the generous new tax treatment.

Apple announced capital spending of $30 billion in the U.S. over the next five years, while Comcast has committed to spending $50 billion. Orders for capital goods are through the roof, up 11.4 percent in the fourth quarter; higher output will follow.

In contrast to this more favorable treatment of capital-good spending, under Obama, taxes were raised on investment income, including on dividends, capital gains and profits, reducing after-tax returns. As an editorial in Investor?s Business Daily noted in 2016, ?Investment taxes are up by as much as 60% since the end of the George W. Bush years (from 15% to 23.8%).?

Wasserman Schultz and Pelosi haven?t addressed the positive effect of a spending boom, because they continue to portray the GOP tax bill as only benefiting billionaires and big business. Workers, they suggest, are hung out to dry.

The New York Times echoed those sentiments in a recent editorial, arguing that it?s the ?corporate elite? like Lloyd Blankfein who will benefit from the tax plan. The editorial board points out that the head of Goldman Sachs supported Hillary Clinton in 2016; they are apparently miffed that he is not a stalwart member of the resistance. His crime? Saying he ?really liked? what President Trump is doing for the economy.

The Times piece is the essence of silly, reminding readers, for instance, that Walmart, which is spending $700 million of its tax windfall on wage hikes and bonuses, ?also raised wages when tax rates were higher under President Barack Obama.?

They fail to note Obama?s dismal record on investment and wage growth. The editorial board also targets Apple?s ability to repatriate overseas-held cash at a lower tax rate, doubting that tax planners ?made the right call? by giving out such a ?huge tax break.?

They neglect to mention that the U.S. was uniquely penalizing income earned overseas by multinational corporations, and that Obama suggested a policy change similar to that included in the GOP tax bill. His proposal, like so many of his initiatives, went nowhere.

The incessant criticism of the tax bill initially made it ?widely unpopular? according to polling, but a more in-depth survey conducted by IBD/TIPP last month showed the public approves of many if not most of the legislation?s features. 

Some 57 percent agreed that corporate tax rates should be lower, 83 percent supported dropping the pass-through rate for small businesses and two-thirds likes doubling the standard deduction. As Americans open their pay envelopes next month, approval of the tax cuts will likely rise.

Democrats and The New York Times simply cannot tolerate the notion that the Trump agenda has boosted optimism and confidence and that the entire country stands to benefit. Their stalwart negativity is understandable.

Americans vote with their pocketbooks, which day by day are getting fatter. Nothing is more dangerous to Democrats? ambitions in the upcoming elections than today?s booming stock prices and economy ? except maybe lower taxes.

Liz Peek is a former partner of major bracket Wall Street firm Wertheim & Company. For 15 years, she has been a columnist for The Fiscal Times, Fox News, the New York Sun and numerous other organizations.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:46 AM »

WHAT. A. SPEECH.

BOOM!!!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1495 on: January 31, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »

He did good, CBS poll 75% approval of speech.

The looks on Pelosi, Guittierez and the black caucus dems was priceless. Not a happy group.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1496 on: February 01, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »

If I use the actual amount of my prior paycheck and divide that by 37, that's the amount of the INCREASE I received in my new paycheck.  This is the actual take-home amount.  The amount in my pocket.  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1497 on: February 02, 2018, 04:53:46 AM »

I believe those were the Bush era taxes that kept getting extended.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1498 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »

I will NEVER concede, NEVER!  It?s NEVER a Democrats fault, EVER! 

As if a sitting president couldn?t impose his own tax plan over an 8 year period.   Roll Eyes

?in 2013 Obama signed a compromise bill making permanent the tax cuts enacted by his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush.??-  Obama didn?t have to do this, so therefor, he believed in this tax plan.  So you can?t point a finger and Bush alone. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:22:34 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #1499 on: February 08, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »

I will NEVER concede, NEVER!  It?s NEVER a Democrats fault, EVER! 

As if a sitting president couldn?t impose his own tax plan over an 8 year period.   Roll Eyes

?in 2013 Obama signed a compromise bill making permanent the tax cuts enacted by his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush.??-  Obama didn?t have to do this, so therefor, he believed in this tax plan.  So you can?t point a finger and Bush alone. 

I will never understand blind loyalty to anything.  That includes GNR.  Nobody is perfect and to think otherwise is asinine. 
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: