Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485504 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1520 on: February 24, 2018, 12:16:32 PM »

Trump is actually taking it all in & trying to get some solutions on the table to address this which is pissing off members of both parties. 

Arming teachers with guns really strikes you as a viable solution? Roll Eyes

What about pairing police stations with schools?  A shooter would think twice if a soft target became a hardened target. 

I don't think arming all  teachers is a good idea, but allowing teachers to conceal carry that want to who would be able to pass strict guidelines is an idea worth talking about.

Would pairing police stations with schools even be financially or logistically possible given the thousands upon thousands of schools in the United States?

Teachers are in schools to teach, not to play Sylvester Stallone and spend their professional development time at a shooting range.

What is the harm of having an armed teacher in a situation like what happened last week in South FL? Imagine if the gym teacher there who died had a gun, he could have been more than just a human shield.

And yes, you'd have to figure out the logistics and financial aspect of having police stations at schools. May not work for every school but would be pretty effective.  At the very least a higher police presence is needed.

You have to think beyond outright gun bans. Something like this needs a comprehensive solution, not a simple one that wont be effective.

How about you get rid of all the assault rifles? Wouldn't that be a much better solution? Why does anyone need an ar15 or similar type of gun anyway? Most of all why the fuck is the first thought to arm teachers? So to stop gun violence in school you want to add more guns to schools. Do you not see how fucking stupid that is?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1521 on: February 24, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »

Trump is actually taking it all in & trying to get some solutions on the table to address this which is pissing off members of both parties. 

What about pairing police stations with schools?  A shooter would think twice if a soft target became a hardened target. 

I don't think arming all  teachers is a good idea, but allowing teachers to conceal carry that want to who would be able to pass strict guidelines is an idea worth talking about.

Would pairing police stations with schools even be financially or logistically possible given the thousands upon thousands of schools in the United States?

Teachers are in schools to teach, not to play Sylvester Stallone and spend their professional development time at a shooting range.

What is the harm of having an armed teacher in a situation like what happened last week in South FL? Imagine if the gym teacher there who died had a gun, he could have been more than just a human shield.

And yes, you'd have to figure out the logistics and financial aspect of having police stations at schools. May not work for every school but would be pretty effective.  At the very least a higher police presence is needed.

You have to think beyond outright gun bans. Something like this needs a comprehensive solution, not a simple one that wont be effective.

How about you get rid of all the assault rifles? Wouldn't that be a much better solution? Why does anyone need an ar15 or similar type of gun anyway? Most of all why the fuck is the first thought to arm teachers? So to stop gun violence in school you want to add more guns to schools. Do you not see how fucking stupid that is?

Define "assault rifle "

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1522 on: February 25, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »

Gun control advocates won't like this, but this is why we have the Second Amendment.  This is a case of the government failing to protect the people during a deadly threat.  If the government won't protect people when there is an active shooter running around a school campus then you need to be able to protect yourself:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-22/he-never-went-officer-duty-filmed-doing-nothing-during-florida-shooting
Don't forget the 4 coward sheriff deputies that were also outside. Absolutely disgusting. These people should all be fired. They failed those kids and teachers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1523 on: February 25, 2018, 07:50:30 AM »

Also on Trump's town hall listening thing with the Parkland victims. I you need notes that remind you to say i hear you, i automatically don't believe you give a flying fuck.

That is why he did the listening thing. Because he does give a 'flying fuck'.

GOP doesn't want any new restrictions and the Dems want an arbitrary gun ban that wont accomplish much.  Which is why several shootings later nothing has changed.

Sorry but if the man can't remember on his own to say something as simple as i hear you i am not buying.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1524 on: February 25, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »

Gun control advocates won't like this, but this is why we have the Second Amendment.  This is a case of the government failing to protect the people during a deadly threat.  If the government won't protect people when there is an active shooter running around a school campus then you need to be able to protect yourself:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-22/he-never-went-officer-duty-filmed-doing-nothing-during-florida-shooting
Don't forget the 4 coward sheriff deputies that were also outside. Absolutely disgusting. These people should all be fired. They failed those kids and teachers.

If they dont get fired id be shocked.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:08:58 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1525 on: February 25, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »

Define "assault rifle "

Seriously? You have kids being murdered in their schools by people shooting assault rifles (ar15, ak etc etc.) there is no reason for the civilian population to have weapons of war. And yes that's what these guns are, they were designed for combat, you don't need them to hunt and you don't need them to protect your damn house. Ban all semi-auto long guns as far as I'm concerned.

Ps. Before you say what about hunters...if you can't shoot an animal with a bolt action, single cartridge than you shouldn't be hunting anyway.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1526 on: February 26, 2018, 08:07:12 AM »

Define "assault rifle "

Seriously? You have kids being murdered in their schools by people shooting assault rifles (ar15, ak etc etc.) there is no reason for the civilian population to have weapons of war. And yes that's what these guns are, they were designed for combat, you don't need them to hunt and you don't need them to protect your damn house. Ban all semi-auto long guns as far as I'm concerned.

Ps. Before you say what about hunters...if you can't shoot an animal with a bolt action, single cartridge than you shouldn't be hunting anyway.

I say that because an assault weapon is an arbitrary term.

An AR-15 wasn't designed for combat.  It is a semi automatic rifle that looks like a weapon soldiers use in combat. This is marketing. The military uses fully automatic weapons that are already banned for use by the civilian population.  A Ruger Mini 14 that is used for hunting for example, has the same capabilities as the AR-15 but the stock is made out of wood.

Ill give you credit for saying that all semi-auto long guns should be banned, at least you are specific unlike the the politicians and others who are screaming for assault gun bans who arent defining what that is.

Im certainly not against sensible gun laws if they are specific and effective.  But I don't understand why you are against more security for the schools. Even if a law gets passed banning some guns do you think that will totally stop people from getting their hands on them?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1527 on: February 26, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »

Define "assault rifle "

An AR-15 wasn't designed for combat.  It is a semi automatic rifle that looks like a weapon soldiers use in combat. This is marketing. The military uses fully automatic weapons that are already banned for use by the civilian population.  A Ruger Mini 14 that is used for hunting for example, has the same capabilities as the AR-15 but the stock is made out of wood.

Ill give you credit for saying that all semi-auto long guns should be banned, at least you are specific unlike the the politicians and others who are screaming for assault gun bans who arent defining what that is.

Im certainly not against sensible gun laws if they are specific and effective.  But I don't understand why you are against more security for the schools. Even if a law gets passed banning some guns do you think that will totally stop people from getting their hands on them?

An ar-15 is absolutely based on a military rifle, only difference is no selector switch. A gun that is capable of firing 150+ rounds in 6 or 7 minutes should not be legal to buy. Why does an average homeowner need that much firepower? In saying that guns are not the only issue. I can buy an ar here in canada if I have my firearms permit (2 day course plus shooting tests), they have them at a store 5 minutes from my house. I nor anyone else I know around here (10-15k population) has one. Guns are for hunting and target practice here, you barely hear of any gun violence here. Larger cities and towns are really no different.

It seems to me like America has anger management problems (seriously, sounds weird but hear me out).  It seems like any little dispute between you guys gets over heated and the first thought is let's haul out my gun! I don't get it, why do Americans have this love affair with turning things violent all the time? And why the lack of respect for other living breathing human beings? Why is it okay just to shoot someone? You guys (not all and not you specifically) are weird.

I honestly don't understand how you guys got to the point that you would even need to entertain the idea that armed guards in schools would be something that's needed. Seriously you guys are suppose to be "the greatest country in the world" you shouldn't need armed guards in your schools. What happens when one of those armed guards shoots an innocent kid? Then what?

There's a place for some guns in the civilian population. You want to protect your home? Buy a double barrel and load up with salt shot. Non lethal.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1528 on: February 26, 2018, 03:24:25 PM »

Maybe instead of pumping out trillions on anti-terrorism and equip teachers with guns, USA could upgrade the education system and welfare? Some facts in the article below that kinda agree with what the post above said.....

"So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the country. According to research by Politifact, there were about 1.4 million firearm deaths in that period, compared with 1.2 million US deaths in every conflict from the War of Independence to Iraq." - https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-34996604

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1529 on: February 26, 2018, 09:30:11 PM »

Maybe instead of pumping out trillions on anti-terrorism and equip teachers with guns, USA could upgrade the education system and welfare? Some facts in the article below that kinda agree with what the post above said.....

"So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the country. According to research by Politifact, there were about 1.4 million firearm deaths in that period, compared with 1.2 million US deaths in every conflict from the War of Independence to Iraq." - https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-34996604

Seriously wtf America? That's the kind of stats that you would expect from a third wold country. I'm not trying to make light but maybe you guys need a timeout from all guns period.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1530 on: February 27, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »

Its...not an arbitrary term, though. It was easily (and fully) defined in the 1994 ban.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher/barrel shroud/forward grip

It also specifically defined these weapons (remember, the ban also defined assault pistols and assault shotguns):

Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (AKs) (all models)   
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil   
Beretta AR-70 (SC-70)   
Colt AR-15
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN-LAR, FNC   
SWD (MAC type) M-10, M-11, M11/9, M12   
Steyr AUG   
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22   
Revolving cylinder shotguns such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12   

I'd assume, when politicians use the term (and most people), they're referring to the legal one laid out (and successfully defended in court via challenges to the '94 ban).

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:12:53 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1531 on: February 27, 2018, 10:23:11 AM »

Define "assault rifle "

An ar-15 is absolutely based on a military rifle, only difference is no selector switch. A gun that is capable of firing 150+ rounds in 6 or 7 minutes should not be legal to buy. Why does an average homeowner need that much firepower? In saying that guns are not the only issue. I can buy an ar here in canada if I have my firearms permit (2 day course plus shooting tests), they have them at a store 5 minutes from my house. I nor anyone else I know around here (10-15k population) has one. Guns are for hunting and target practice here, you barely hear of any gun violence here. Larger cities and towns are really no different.

It seems to me like America has anger management problems (seriously, sounds weird but hear me out).  It seems like any little dispute between you guys gets over heated and the first thought is let's haul out my gun! I don't get it, why do Americans have this love affair with turning things violent all the time? And why the lack of respect for other living breathing human beings? Why is it okay just to shoot someone? You guys (not all and not you specifically) are weird.

I honestly don't understand how you guys got to the point that you would even need to entertain the idea that armed guards in schools would be something that's needed. Seriously you guys are suppose to be "the greatest country in the world" you shouldn't need armed guards in your schools. What happens when one of those armed guards shoots an innocent kid? Then what?

There's a place for some guns in the civilian population. You want to protect your home? Buy a double barrel and load up with salt shot. Non lethal.

I think there are some broader cultural issues in the US that have an impact. not sure about the anger.  

however, when considering the US gun deaths, it's important to understand that the majority of gun violence in the US is gang related.

According to a 2015 Brookings Institution study, 77% of white gun deaths are from suicide. Only 19% are homicides.

82% of African-American gun deaths are homicides. Only 14% are suicides.

Gun deaths are lowest in the population that owns the most guns. 41% of white households report owning a gun, compared with only 19% of black households. Among white Americans, there are more guns, but there?s less crime. Among black Americans, there are fewer guns, but there?s more crime.

for black males between 20-29, gun deaths are on par with the deadliest countries in the world (I believe Honduras). basically, many inner cities have turned into complete and total shit-holes where gangs kill each other regularly, and tragically, some of the good people in those neighborhoods end up getting killed as well.

almost all of these cities are run by liberals and have been for many years. some even have the most strict gun laws in the country.

why is there so much gang violence? a host of social and economic factors play a part. tough to say it's any one issue.

why do so many whites love guns so much? in many states it's just normal to have guns laying around the house. is it related to the history of our country? how we were founded, formed, developed? our role in so many wars?

it's a big country with over 300 million people. different ways of life in various regions. no easy answers.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1532 on: February 27, 2018, 12:12:22 PM »

Dude I am totally with you on this.  Fire them and strip their pensions.  Police talk all the time about "putting their lives on the line" as the reason why they deserve their exorbitant salaries and pensions. Well you failed, and you failed miserably in this case.  Strip their pensions.  Get a real job. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1533 on: February 28, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »

Dude I am totally with you on this.  Fire them and strip their pensions.  Police talk all the time about "putting their lives on the line" as the reason why they deserve their exorbitant salaries and pensions. Well you failed, and you failed miserably in this case.  Strip their pensions.  Get a real job. 

Would have been a different story if these cops went in and did their job.  I agree that they deserve  more than just getting fired.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: March 02, 2018, 01:55:38 AM »

Yep, we disagree on a lot but in this we're in total agreement. They let those kids and teachers down. They should never be able to call themselves cops again. Just disgraceful.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1535 on: March 02, 2018, 01:57:13 AM »

Would have been a different story if these cops went in and did their job.  I agree that they deserve  more than just getting fired.
And the one who was actually employed at the school is now being protected by cops due to death threats.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1536 on: March 02, 2018, 01:58:50 AM »

Did you guys hear about the teacher yesterday firing a gun at school and barricaded himself in the classroom? Police were apparently warned about this guy too numerous times. Do cops seriously do anything but eat donuts?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1537 on: March 02, 2018, 02:52:13 AM »

Define "assault rifle "

Unfortunately the real gun nuts aren't as sensible as you. Someone says gun control laws and they hear take away all of our guns.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: March 02, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »

As far as semi auto guns - I am not for banning them. Granted I am not a hunter and I don't own a gun, but wouldn't someone hunting a deer want to be able to fire off several shots in quick succession if they are trying to hit a moving target?  Getting rid of 30 round magazines makes sense to me. If you shoot an animal 30x would there be anything left to eat? It isnt too difficult to change out a 10 round magazine if you need more bullets during a day of hunting.

Also, you have some pistols that can shoot as fast as an AR-15 or a semi automatic hunting rifle. Do we ban those too?

I am certainly for raising the age to 21 to buy any gun as there is a maturity level that is required to handle a gun responsibly. And very tough background checks.  This doesn't take away any rights under the 2nd amendment.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:49:36 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1539 on: March 02, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »

As far as semi auto guns - I am not for banning them. Granted I am not a hunter and I don't own a gun, but wouldn't someone hunting a deer want to be able to fire off several shots in quick succession if they are trying to hit a moving target?  Getting rid of 30 round magazines makes sense to me. If you shoot an animal 30x would there be anything left to eat? It isnt too difficult to change out a 10 round magazine if you need more bullets during a day of hunting.

Also, you have some pistols that can shoot as fast as an AR-15 or a semi automatic hunting rifle. Do we ban those too?

I am certainly for raising the age to 21 to buy any gun as there is a maturity level that is required to handle a gun responsibly. And very tough background checks.  This doesn't take away any rights under the 2nd amendment.

I agree 100%. but I also know that this will do virtually nothing to curb gun violence or attacks at schools. still should implement it though, just to make it a little harder. but laws are not going to stop someone intent on killing multiple people.

Still, I love that trump called out the NRA and appears to be flexible with trying to pass laws most of America support. Again, he pisses everyone off on both sides.

you know who wants the most strict gun laws? criminals. because selling guns on the side will go from a small side business where they make a few extra bucks to a career where you can make a ton of cash.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: