Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:47:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 490701 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2016, 08:43:05 AM »

Hillary has proven that she'll lie to the faces of the American people. Look at her explanations regarding her emails compared to what Comey said. She lied to the  families of those who died in Benghazi 4 years ago. State Dept has reopened their investigation yesterday on her and the answers that FBI director Comey gave yesterday to Congress show that Hillary lied under oath to the Benghazi committee last year. So her legal issues are not over.

At least Bill Clinton's issues were personal and not professional, he could not keep his pants on but he did a pretty decent job as POTUS.   

I dont know who Ill be voting for, but I know 100%  it wont be for Hillary.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »

So basically it all boils down to that this is what we already knew a double standard witch hunt.

For me? Yup, pretty much.  At least in terms of the whole prosecution thing.

Does it mean that it would effect my vote? I mean...do you really, ultimately, want someone that careless with classified info and that stupid in terms of their handling of technology in the White House?  So, if just about ANYONE else were running against Hillary, it would probably effect my vote. A lot.

But given the two choices....and lets not fool ourselves into thinking there are more..ONE of those two people are going to be president...it's literally NOT AS BAD as some of the things Trump has said and proposed or done.

And, quite frankly, if put in the exact same situation, I'd expect Trump to have done something at least as careless and stupid.  Because his history, just in the campaign trail, tells me he would.

The choices are fucking terrible and OMFG NO WAY, NO HOW TERRIBLE.
Good points but, find me someone who's currently eligible to run that isn't technology challenged. I am sure it would be slim pickings. I mean lets face it politicians know jack shit about technology and probably didn't even realize how insecure her email server even was. Part of that's on her obviously but what about the IT people at the state department for not saying something or being equally as dumb? I mean holy shit what kinda morons do they have working in IT that couldn't tell her or anyone else you need to use the secure server for official business. As you stated in your previous post there are other government officials doing what she did.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »

Hillary has proven that she'll lie to the faces of the American people. Look at her explanations regarding her emails compared to what Comey said. She lied to the  families of those who died in Benghazi 4 years ago. State Dept has reopened their investigation yesterday on her and the answers that FBI director Comey gave yesterday to Congress show that Hillary lied under oath to the Benghazi committee last year. So her legal issues are not over.

At least Bill Clinton's issues were personal and not professional, he could not keep his pants on but he did a pretty decent job as POTUS.   

You find me a politician who has not told a bald faced lie to the American people, their constituency, and the press...please. I'm begging.  Because I haven't found one, yet. Never mind one currently running for president.

I agree...she's not a great candidate.  Unfortunately, our choices fucking suck this cycle. Really. Fucking. Suck.  And the way you feel about Hillary? I feel that way about Trump. Anyone but him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2016, 09:41:32 AM »

If that's true why have the dozen inquiries into what happened all concluded no wrongdoing was done? Don't get me wrong i am by no means a Hillary fan but i am sick of hearing about Benghazi when it has been investigated to death with nothing been found.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »

If that's true why have the dozen inquiries into what happened all concluded no wrongdoing was done? Don't get me wrong i am by no means a Hillary fan but i am sick of hearing about Benghazi when it has been investigated to death with nothing been found.

Because the Repubs control congress...and this is what they do to their political opponents. It's the playbook. Investigate until you either get the result you want, or you muster enough outrage to get the result you want in the court of public opinion.

Oh..wait..you weren't asking me. Wink

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

We did learn a few things.....If not for the Benghazi hearings, we would have never known that Hillary mishandled classified info in her emails. And if not for the FBI investigation, we wouldn't have known she lied to the Benghazi committee under oath. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »

We did learn a few things.....If not for the Benghazi hearings, we would have never known that Hillary mishandled classified info in her emails. And if not for the FBI investigation, we wouldn't have known she lied to the Benghazi committee under oath. 

We'll see.

Did she lie? Or was she just wrong? Given her demonstrated lack of clarity on some of the tech issues, brought to light by that same FBI investigation....I'd say it looks a hell of a lot more like she was just flat our wrong in her testimony.  "Lie" speaks to intent.  If we're going to go after every politician who was just WRONG under oath...we better start discussing building more prisons, rather than walls.

And I'm not saying she's not a liar. Oh, she is.  I'm just not sure if she lied HERE (or that anyone can prove she did).

And, once again...playbook.  It's hard to get riled up when this is just what the Repubs do...over, and over, and over, and over.  It's hard to take the accusations seriously.  Who knows..maybe this time there's actually a little fire with the smoke they're creating. But it's just SO hard to tell...I'm not sure it's worth getting riled up for (unless that's your thing).

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »

We'll see.

Did she lie? Or was she just wrong? Given her demonstrated lack of clarity on some of the tech issues, brought to light by that same FBI investigation....I'd say it looks a hell of a lot more like she was just flat our wrong in her testimony.  "Lie" speaks to intent.  If we're going to go after every politician who was just WRONG under oath...we better start discussing building more prisons, rather than walls.

And I'm not saying she's not a liar. Oh, she is.  I'm just not sure if she lied HERE (or that anyone can prove she did).

And, once again...playbook.  It's hard to get riled up when this is just what the Repubs do...over, and over, and over, and over.  It's hard to take the accusations seriously.  Who knows..maybe this time there's actually a little fire with the smoke they're creating. But it's just SO hard to tell...I'm not sure it's worth getting riled up for (unless that's your thing).

I get into political discussions and sometimes I may get a bit riled up admittedly. But in no way is my opinion more valid than anyone elses. Nice to have these civil discussions here based on thought unlike Facebook!   

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2016, 08:26:58 PM »

We'll see.

I get into political discussions and sometimes I may get a bit riled up admittedly. But in no way is my opinion more valid than anyone elses. Nice to have these civil discussions here based on thought unlike Facebook!   
Now this is something we can agree on. Facebook is like any comment section on the internet a cesspool of hate. I'm sure you are seeing it today after what happened in Dallas last night.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2016, 05:01:22 PM »

Convention should be interesting tonight

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »

That's an understatement. So far we have Colorado and Iowa walking out and Melania committing plagiarism. Can't wait to see what happens next in this circus.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »

That's an understatement. So far we have Colorado and Iowa walking out and Melania committing plagiarism. Can't wait to see what happens next in this circus.

You forgot Scotty B rambling and them blaming the speech copying shitstorm on Hillary.

For the record, I don't blame Melania any more than I think she actually wrote her own speech.  But the staffer who wrote it and/or edited it should be fired.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »

You forgot Scotty B rambling and them blaming the speech copying shitstorm on Hillary.

For the record, I don't blame Melania any more than I think she actually wrote her own speech.  But the staffer who wrote it and/or edited it should be fired.
Hadn't heard about Scotty B but heard Trump's campaign manager tried to blame Hillary. Agreed that whoever was responsible for essentially cutting and pasting Michelle's speech into Melania's should be fired immediately.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »

Its too bad this is what people will remember about Melania's speech. The other 95% of it was not plagiarized. But whomever is responsible for that should be fired, that's just sloppy.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »

Definitely not a dull convention. And we've only seen Night 1.

Named: Donald Trump aide who let Melania speak Michelle Obama's words ? campaign chairman's former lobbying partner faces calls to be sacked as Republican's camp is plunged into civil war

Multiple sources say Rick Gates was responsible for approving Melania Trump's Monday night speech but he tells CNN it's 'absolutely not' true

Trump official was formerly a lobbying firm partner of campaign chairman Paul Manafort

Online sleuths quickly found a half-dozen lines that appeared cribbed from Michelle Obama's 2008 Democratic National Convention address

Republican Party chairman and Manafort himself say they would fire someone who plagiarized portions of a political speech

Axed rival Corey Lewandowski said he would expect to see Manafort quit, but it appears there may be no heads rolling

Insiders said there's 'zero chance' Melania recognized Michelle's words in her own speech: 'Somebody failed her and no one is defending her now'

Senior Republican staffer tries to laugh off storm by saying other sentences in speech could have come from My Little Pony

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697909/Named-Donald-Trump-aide-let-Melania-speak-Michelle-Obama-s-words-Campaign-chairman-s-former-lobbying-partner-faces-calls-sacked-Republican-s-team-plunged-civil-war.html#ixzz4EtWGM9lB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2016, 07:24:44 PM »

Its too bad this is what people will remember about Melania's speech. The other 95% of it was not plagiarized. But whomever is responsible for that should be fired, that's just sloppy.

If they had, at 2 am, fired some junior research staffer and issued a mea culpa....it would not be shaping the narrative of night 2.

Then the roll call vote is, again, going to hurt the optics tonight. Not a red letter (pun intended) RNC for them, at all, so far.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:28:54 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2016, 09:15:05 PM »

Agreed, all this focus on plagiarizing Michelle Obama is unfair, what about Rick Astley?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KtzdP7mR-4
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »

Junior's speech last night was very, very good.  Best RNC speech by a fair margin, so far.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:06 PM »

JR sounds better than Sr.  Cheesy

Donald did not raise troubled privileged kids with issues like so many public figures with money.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2016, 06:30:30 AM »

JR sounds better than Sr.  Cheesy

Donald did not raise troubled privileged kids with issues like so many public figures with money.

I mean..to be fair...I'm not sure how much of the "raising" he did. I've always been of the impression (way before he made this run) that he was an absentee dad until the kids were old enough to get involved in his businesses, because that's where he spent the majority of his time.  But THEY (Ivana and Trump) definitely have some well adjusted, well spoken, and politically savy kids.  Very Kennedy-like (without the scandals).

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: