Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482408 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2260 on: November 25, 2018, 09:34:59 AM »

I guess Gypsy and the Senator are too busy raking in Finland to comment on this or Ivanka’s email scandal despite bordering on hysterics over Hillary’s similar scandal hihi

These are not similar scandals. A candidate running for President that sent classified emails over a home server set up in a bathroom, deleted subpoenaed emails and lied about it is not the same as what Ivanka allegedly did. Yes they should look into things to see if what Ivanka did was improper and broke the law. 

Yes, the Trump forest comment was moronic.  But rakes or no rakes, practical forest management is important.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2261 on: November 25, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »

I guess Gypsy and the Senator are too busy raking in Finland to comment on this or Ivanka’s email scandal despite bordering on hysterics over Hillary’s similar scandal hihi

Can't/Won't speak for Senator Blutarsky.  He can very capably do that himself.

IMO that article was written slanted left but I agree with the President as far as Clinton and/or Comey should be, at the very least, investigated. (I believe Comey was recently served with a subpoena).  It boggles my mind how the Bernie supporters weren't/aren't up in arms over how he got screwed over and how in the end, Bernie kissed up and supported Hillary's ass.  What she did to Bernie has to fall under some kind of campaign obstruction/violations, don't you think??

I respectfully defer to Jarmo's expertise on all things concerning Finland.  I do however agree with the President that our forests need to be better maintained (i.e., clearing brush, fallen/dead trees etc).

Never was a fan of Ivanka's even though many of the people in the administration that I do respect seem to hold her in high regard.  From what I've read/heard, Ivanka's use of her personal email for her business in the White House is nowhere near the (alleged) criminality of what Hillary did but she (Ivanka) must be some level of a moron to do anything like that with all the continuing scrutiny of what Hilary did.  Without really knowing what Ivanka's actual role/purpose in the White House is, it wouldn't bother me in the least if her White House privileges were restricted/revoked.

You (they..aka bernie supporters) may not like what the dnc did with Hillary...but its not remotely illegal. You can debate the ethics if youd like, but the law is clear. People forget the dnc and rnc are not actually government agencies. They are allowed to pick and choose preferred candidates and distribute funds as they see fit. Thats literally in the dnc bylaws...and disclosed every time you donate money to them. I'm not sure...and maybe this is my indie voter cynacism kicking in....why anyone would think the dnc would treat Bernie fairly, considering he was only a dem for his run at the presidency, to take advantage of the dncs funding and networking. The guy is an indie, not a dem.

In any event, this is why its a bad idea to donate to the dnc (or rnc), instead of to the candidate themselves, directly.

On Ivanka....the point is that, for Repubs:  Hillary using a personal email was a lock her up offense. Ivankas is a nothing burger to be rationalized and whatabouted away (see the Senators response, below).

Which means, really, the objections were politically based, not legally or morally based. And thats typical of Repubs in the day and age of Trumpism. Its only bad when "the evil democrats" do it.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:13:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2262 on: November 25, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »

These are not similar scandals. A candidate running for President that sent classified emails over a home server set up in a bathroom, deleted subpoenaed emails and lied about it is not the same as what Ivanka allegedly did. Yes they should look into things to see if what Ivanka did was improper and broke the law. 

Yes, the Trump forest comment was moronic.  But rakes or no rakes, practical forest management is important.

1) she was not a candidate when sending those emails. She was sec state....a position she had retired from long before she ran for president.

2) She, and her IT folks, had direct control over that server. I have been in IT for closing in on 25 years. A server located on domestic premises, with that kind of security monitoring, is a hell of a lot more secure than using your gmail/hotmail account. I'd take the bathroom server for security, run and monitored be by govt trained IT folks (and security experts), every day of the week. I mean...The Podesta emails are evidence enough for this.

3) She didnt delete shit, and the investigations found she didnt order the deletion of shit. Her IT guy followed standard security protocols when disabling/decomissioning a server before being told they were under suboeona. This is precisely why the FBI chose not to pusue criminal charges, and precisely the thing repubs choose to ignore because its an inconvenient truth.

4) What did she lie about, exactly? She tesitified for hours in front on congress....a repub controlled congress...and has not been charged with perjury.  Maybe I missed something?

She was not forthcoming, in the moment, until she testified before congress. Fair enough. If that was a disqualifier for you (or if dishonesty of any type is a disqualifier for you).....I have some news for you about they guy in the white house that you voted for.....

And, again, Ivanka is a senior white house advisor. Not sec state, but highly placed. What shes doing is the same thing Hillary did. Lock her up, right?  It would violate the same statute you are holding Hillary to, regardless of her position in the administration.

Not to mention: What kind of idiocy is it to engage in activity that the administrations campaign used against their opponent? You certainly cant claim ignorance! In that respect, its WORSE than what Hillary did. Its willfully disobeying the statute, and its hypocrisy of the highest order.

Be honest now: If this were Chelsea, serving in a Hillary white house, you would be going insane and calling for her to be fired (or worse).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:16:52 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2263 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »

Yes, it was when she was secretary of state. Not a candidate. The investigation occurred when she was running for POTUS.

I dont necessarily want to get dragged into a debate on the details of what Hillary did that was improper/ illegal and the 2 tier justice system. We have had that on previous pages here and it was debated exhaustively.

Rather than bloviate over all of this , the point is Ivanka's emails on her personal account should be looked into further to see if any laws or code of conduct was broken. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2264 on: November 26, 2018, 10:33:59 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/business/general-motors-cutbacks.html
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2265 on: November 28, 2018, 03:35:55 AM »

And now politicians are lashing out at GM for doing this after getting the tax cuts.

GM saved over $500 million from the tax cuts, but Trump’s steel tariffs cost them $1 billion (and will continue to do so). And this administration won’t commit to *not* enacting vehicle tariffs, which would further cost domestic automakers.

The tax cut (while I agree was extremely stupid) is a dog whistle, as it points all blame to GM, when in reality, it’s shared between GM, the GOP, and the president. Heck, GM warned the president directly that this was a potential side effect of tariffs back in June (note: post tax cut).

Also, it should be noted that GM is doing this for two main reasons; to dedicate resources to developing alternative propulsion technology, which will  and to prepare for the overdue economic downturn expected in 2019. They learned the hard way in 2009 what happens if you're not prepared.

I think employees being laid off should feel betrayed, but know who deserves blame, because there’s plenty to go around.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2266 on: November 28, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »

And now politicians are lashing out at GM for doing this after getting the tax cuts.

GM saved over $500 million from the tax cuts, but Trump’s steel tariffs cost them $1 billion (and will continue to do so). And this administration won’t commit to *not* enacting vehicle tariffs, which would further cost domestic automakers.

The tax cut (while I agree was extremely stupid) is a dog whistle, as it points all blame to GM, when in reality, it’s shared between GM, the GOP, and the president. Heck, GM warned the president directly that this was a potential side effect of tariffs back in June (note: post tax cut).

Also, it should be noted that GM is doing this for two main reasons; to dedicate resources to developing alternative propulsion technology, which will  and to prepare for the overdue economic downturn expected in 2019. They learned the hard way in 2009 what happens if you're not prepared.

I think employees being laid off should feel betrayed, but know who deserves blame, because there’s plenty to go around.

There's only 2 of the 3 parties you mention that deserve blame that they can vote for. Wink  Hopefully, contrary to recent history, they'll actually vote for their best interests, and not contrary to them because of the letter they've been loyal to their whole life.

"Not one plant will close" - Trump, 2016, 2017, 2018

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2267 on: November 29, 2018, 03:42:38 AM »

There's only 2 of the 3 parties you mention that deserve blame that they can vote for. Wink  Hopefully, contrary to recent history, they'll actually vote for their best interests, and not contrary to them because of the letter they've been loyal to their whole life.

"Not one plant will close" - Trump, 2016, 2017, 2018

I don't think anything can break that spell at this point. But Dems will get to redistrict in 2020 and can reverse some of the gerrymandering that mitigated the blue wave and helped elect Trump in the first place.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2268 on: November 29, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »

I don't think anything can break that spell at this point. But Dems will get to redistrict in 2020 and can reverse some of the gerrymandering that mitigated the blue wave and helped elect Trump in the first place.

Probably so.

But I will say this: I'm talking to more and more folks around here (and, granted, CT is pretty blue...and we're in the 'burbs) who were relatively hard core Trump defenders who are switching gears and/or now having doubts.  Again, won't matter much here in CT, but it makes me wonder if others are starting to come out of the "Trump Coma" and starting to realize they've been duped.

You can see it in his approval ratings, too.  He's approaching 11 points under water, and is now closer to the 30's than he is to the 50s.

We'll see in 2020, I guess. 

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2269 on: November 30, 2018, 12:29:39 AM »

I know people as well who were all in for Trump but now want him removed. I think the midterms could be good indicator. He lost control in the 3 states that put him in the white house. I also remember hearing somewhere that more people voted against Trumpism then did in 2016.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:31:15 AM by tim_m » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2270 on: November 30, 2018, 02:04:57 AM »

Probably so.

But I will say this: I'm talking to more and more folks around here (and, granted, CT is pretty blue...and we're in the 'burbs) who were relatively hard core Trump defenders who are switching gears and/or now having doubts.  Again, won't matter much here in CT, but it makes me wonder if others are starting to come out of the "Trump Coma" and starting to realize they've been duped.

You can see it in his approval ratings, too.  He's approaching 11 points under water, and is now closer to the 30's than he is to the 50s.

A fellow Connecticunt!

If any of the ones I know are regretting it, they aren't admitting it anyway. At least, besides my father who almost immediately claimed regret, saying he thought he'd be more presidential in office (to which I'm like "what in the world ever gave you that idea?"). My half brother and sister in law probably couldn't even tell you a single thing that's happened during his administration, they just blindly support him for emotional reasons; he represents a pushback against cutural changes they dislike and are threatened by.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2271 on: November 30, 2018, 10:59:07 AM »

Probably so.

A fellow Connecticunt!

If any of the ones I know are regretting it, they aren't admitting it anyway. At least, besides my father who almost immediately claimed regret, saying he thought he'd be more presidential in office (to which I'm like "what in the world ever gave you that idea?"). My half brother and sister in law probably couldn't even tell you a single thing that's happened during his administration, they just blindly support him for emotional reasons; he represents a pushback against cutural changes they dislike and are threatened by.

Well said sir, describes 90% of his supporters where I live as well.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2272 on: December 01, 2018, 05:15:13 AM »

Probably so.

A fellow Connecticunt!

And they in a nutshell are what is wrong with Americans, a bunch of ignorant misinformed citizens.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2273 on: December 20, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »

Individual 1
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2274 on: December 20, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »

Mattis just resigned, and called out the president, directly, in his resignation letter. Anyone that reads that letter, and doesn't have serious doubts about Trump, is burying their head in the sand (still).

The President is directly compromising national security with his unilateral (and widely disparaged) decision on Syria.

The stock market is in free fall.

There is starting to be real "forerunner" indicators (like in the bond market) that we may be looking at a recession by 2020.

DOJ Ethics officials apparently told the acting AG he SHOULD  recuse himself from the Russia probe (after another official was allowed to/encouraged to LIE and say otherwise).  He's ignoring them...which means Congress is going to step in.

There's a good chance, given an unsolicited letter sent to the White House on the topic over the summer that the man NOMINATED for the AG position will have to do the same thing.

The cheeto is going to shut down the government over his penis extension.

He's "losing" on every single front right now. So. much. LOSING.

And his base continues to defend, deny, and rationalize.

How long did the band continue to play as the Titanic sank? How long did Nero play the fiddle as Rome burned?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:37:49 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2275 on: December 21, 2018, 02:45:16 PM »

Mattis just resigned, and called out the president, directly, in his resignation letter. Anyone that reads that letter, and doesn't have serious doubts about Trump, is burying their head in the sand (still).

The President is directly compromising national security with his unilateral (and widely disparaged) decision on Syria.

The stock market is in free fall.

There is starting to be real "forerunner" indicators (like in the bond market) that we may be looking at a recession by 2020.

DOJ Ethics officials apparently told the acting AG he SHOULD  recuse himself from the Russia probe (after another official was allowed to/encouraged to LIE and say otherwise).  He's ignoring them...which means Congress is going to step in.

There's a good chance, given an unsolicited letter sent to the White House on the topic over the summer that the man NOMINATED for the AG position will have to do the same thing.

The cheeto is going to shut down the government over his penis extension.

He's "losing" on every single front right now. So. much. LOSING.

And his base continues to defend, deny, and rationalize.

How long did the band continue to play as the Titanic sank? How long did Nero play the fiddle as Rome burned?
And Mueller continues to build his case with former Trump allies.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2276 on: December 22, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »

Government shutdown and the stock markets worst week since the beginning of the 2008 crash. Here we go, hold on its gonna be a bumpy ride.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2277 on: January 06, 2019, 06:52:17 PM »

Government shutdown and the stock markets worst week since the beginning of the 2008 crash. Here we go, hold on its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Here we go.....lol.    The end of the world is coming.  Shocked.

How's that stock market?   Are we all losing our money? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2278 on: January 07, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »

Awful, to be honest.

Day to day uncertainty is a terrible market to ride in.  Volitility scares away investors, especially in startups and new enterprise, both of which we need badly.

And yes, people's 401ks have taken a pretty big hit so far this fall/winter.

Together again,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2279 on: January 07, 2019, 01:24:23 PM »

Awful, to be honest.

Day to day uncertainty is a terrible market to ride in.  Volitility scares away investors, especially in startups and new enterprise, both of which we need badly.

And yes, people's 401ks have taken a pretty big hit so far this fall/winter.

The market has been due for a correction for some time now but other factors certainly aren't helping.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: