Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 489543 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2320 on: January 30, 2019, 06:10:01 PM »

It just seems to be drama after drama and scandal after scandal. Each time I think "wow, that's GOT to be it for him" some other scandal just replaces it. Even his most ardent 'fans' must be looking at the mess he's creating and losing faith at the moment....even if they don't publicly admit it.

I hope so.  There's no sign of it, though.....

Some of the more hardcore Trump supporters I know have been a little quieter lately.  I don't think they're off the bandwagon but they're at least finding him harder to defend.

Personally find it hard to defend a man who is beholden to himself only but to each their own
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2321 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »

Na it's just useless to argue over nothing new has happened in the past few months. Trump wants what he wants and the democrats keep their heads buried in the sand and refuse to negotiate or like anything Trumps likes. At this point I almost think if Trump came out and said the wall is a horrible idea the democrats would start building it tomorrow lol.  Everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them. People need to try to see where the other person is coming from and try to understand why they feel and beleive what they do. Not just hate and belittle the person because they don't have the same opinion you do.

Trump's whole character, personality, and mode of rule is to hate and belittle people. Women, ethnic minorities, the poor, political and personal rivals etc etc. I've never seen a man so utterly consumed with hatred and greed.

I pity Trump in some ways - he seems to live a life totally devoid of love or warmth, which has led him to be the person he is.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2322 on: January 31, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »

It just seems to be drama after drama and scandal after scandal. Each time I think "wow, that's GOT to be it for him" some other scandal just replaces it. Even his most ardent 'fans' must be looking at the mess he's creating and losing faith at the moment....even if they don't publicly admit it.

I hope so.  There's no sign of it, though.....

Some of the more hardcore Trump supporters I know have been a little quieter lately.  I don't think they're off the bandwagon but they're at least finding him harder to defend.

Personally find it hard to defend a man who is beholden to himself only but to each their own

I don't think they're off the bandwagon but they're at least finding their support of Trump harder to defend.

Fixed

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2323 on: January 31, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »

Na it's just useless to argue over nothing new has happened in the past few months. Trump wants what he wants and the democrats keep their heads buried in the sand and refuse to negotiate or like anything Trumps likes. At this point I almost think if Trump came out and said the wall is a horrible idea the democrats would start building it tomorrow lol.  Everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them. People need to try to see where the other person is coming from and try to understand why they feel and beleive what they do. Not just hate and belittle the person because they don't have the same opinion you do.

That's just not true.

Take Border Security (which I have a feeling is what you had in mind, anyway).

Trump wants more border patrol agents, money for technology, more immigration judges, and money for a wall.

Democrats say...OK, we're on board for A, B, C and not D.

Trump says "no deal without D, and, by the way, THE EXACT AMOUNT OF MONEY I WANT FOR D".

Dems come back and say...OK, we're on board for A,B,C, and we'll give you 1.3 billion for improving existing structures.

Trump says "no deal without D, and, by the way, THE EXACT AMOUNT OF MONEY I WANT FOR D".

How are the Dems not the one negotiating in that scenario?  Trump is stuck on a wall.  They've offered him pretty much everything else he wants, except funding for a wall.  TRUMP is the one who introduced the deal breaker, here.

What Trump wants is total capitulation.  That's not negotiation.  That's a temper tantrum.

This is the way divided government works.  You get a little of what you want, they get a little of what they want.  Trump and the Repubs had 2 years of complete control of the house and senate.  If he wanted total capitulation, and full funding for his wall, he should have gone for it then. In fact, he should have take the 25 billion the Dems offered him, for his wall, a year ago.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:58:34 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2324 on: January 31, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »

I don't think they're off the bandwagon but they're at least finding their support of Trump harder to defend.

Fixed

I think that's exactly it.  They want him on that wall.  They NEED him on that wall. But like a code red, it's not something they're going to discuss. Wink

Together again,
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #2325 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:36 PM »

Trumps wall costs less than the Obama care website!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2326 on: January 31, 2019, 03:00:05 PM »

Fixed

I think that's exactly it.  They want him on that wall.  They NEED him on that wall. But like a code red, it's not something they're going to discuss. Wink

Well played, sir -  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2327 on: January 31, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »

GREAT comparison.  rofl

One is a functionally useless penis extension.

The other helped in halving the number of uninsured people in our country (from 18% to 9% as of this year).

AND, on top of all that, Obamacare was passed while Dems had control of all 3 branches of government.....something Trump could not manage, with his wall, when the Repubs had the same the past 2 years.

You know what would cost even LESS than Trumps wall AND the Obama Care Website??  No wall.  So that must be better! Right?!?!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:25:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2328 on: February 01, 2019, 07:58:32 AM »

HAHA!

Obviously ludicrous - comparing a healthcare project aimed at helping the poorest and most vulnerable in society with an insane idea for a wall, seemingly pulled out of thin air as a mad 'promise' by someone with no concept of anything but getting his own way.

To be honest, it's an insult that that comparison is even being made.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2329 on: February 02, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »

Now that we and Russia have pulled out of the nuclear arms treaty and Putin has ordered the development of new missles, how long before the nuclear war. This i dare any Trumper to defend.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2330 on: February 02, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »

This i dare any Trumper to defend.
wave  Hi tim_m, here I am.
Though I admit that I am not 100% sure how these things work, I believe that pulling out of the old treaty opens the door to renegotiate with not only Russia but also with China.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2331 on: February 03, 2019, 03:25:28 AM »

For the record, the US has nuclear submarines that are considered the 4th most powerful country on the face of the Earth

Besides - the Death Star will be ready by then (Spaceforce!) hihi hihi hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2332 on: February 03, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »

This i dare any Trumper to defend.
wave  Hi tim_m, here I am.
Though I admit that I am not 100% sure how these things work, I believe that pulling out of the old treaty opens the door to renegotiate with not only Russia but also with China.

That door wasn't closed by the old treaty.

Pulling out simply lets Russia behave badly, unfettered and unhindered by US sanctions.

Now, they don't even have to pretend to be abiding by the treaty, and nobody can call them out for breaking it.

It is literally the stupidest geopolitical move Trump has yet made (and there's been some doozies) and maybe the stupidest  of the last 80 years or so.

It makes us less safe, in the moment. Period.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:04:38 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2333 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »

For decades, Russia has NOT been complying with this treaty.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2334 on: February 03, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »

Now that we and Russia have pulled out of the nuclear arms treaty and Putin has ordered the development of new missles, how long before the nuclear war. This i dare any Trumper to defend.

Now we r back to the pre-election predictions of nuclear war. Nice.

Maybe liberals should be focused on your racist governors. Gotta give it to a guy that says he’s sorry, then argues he didn’t dress in blackface because....he dressed in blackface another time.

But liberals were more upset about a 16 y/o citizen smirking.

We’ve had some great laughs this weekend!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2335 on: February 03, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »

And if you think Trump will renegotiate a new one with Putin you're dreaming.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2336 on: February 03, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »

Maybe liberals should be focused on your racist governors. Gotta give it to a guy that says he’s sorry, then argues he didn’t dress in blackface because....he dressed in blackface another time.

And maybe you should be more worried about what's going on between Trump and all the intelligence advisors and the governor should resign. When the president says he disagrees with his intelligence advisors 100% that should scare everyone, but keep your head in the sand so you can't hear or see what's going on while laughing at a governor that I see nobody defending..
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2337 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »

It just amazes me how his base still has their lips suctioned to his ass and will come up with any justification they can think of for all the crazy and stupid shit he says and does. Well your lips still be glued to it after he's been indicted when we finally get him out of office.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #2338 on: February 03, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »

Can't argue with that - the smirking kid scene was definitely pushed as an extension of Trump
This governor sees his whole political career go up in smoke - so he's trying last grasp effort to hold onto power
Just apologize and go away
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2339 on: February 03, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »

GREAT comparison.  rofl

One is a functionally useless penis extension.

The other helped in halving the number of uninsured people in our country (from 18% to 9% as of this year).

AND, on top of all that, Obamacare was passed while Dems had control of all 3 branches of government.....something Trump could not manage, with his wall, when the Repubs had the same the past 2 years.

You know what would cost even LESS than Trumps wall AND the Obama Care Website??  No wall.  So that must be better! Right?!?!

You obviously missed his point .. Huh

Many people bitch about the COST of the wall.  It's NOTHING compared to how much is spent on other useless things in this country.  1/10th of 1% of the budget I believe...and Democrats throw a hissy fit....just because it's Trump. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: