Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227817 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 489486 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2380 on: February 20, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »

Here is an UPDATE on the  Jussie Smollett story.

Jussie Smollett charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing false report after allegedly staging attack: Police

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing a false report after allegedly staging the attack against himself in Chicago, police and the state attorney's office confirmed to ABC News.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-jussie-smollett-doesnt-speak-authorities-resort-other-210512648.html

This was a political stunt that has exponentially backfired on him. So many bought into it before all the facts came out and some media types were falling over themselves saying this was Trump's fault.  The biggest concern is how this may affect attitudes toward real legitimate hate crimes.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2381 on: February 21, 2019, 04:24:14 AM »

Jussie Smollett charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing false report after allegedly staging attack: Police

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing a false report after allegedly staging the attack against himself in Chicago, police and the state attorney's office confirmed to ABC News.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-jussie-smollett-doesnt-speak-authorities-resort-other-210512648.html

This was a political stunt that has exponentially backfired on him. So many bought into it before all the facts came out and some media types were falling over themselves saying this was Trump's fault.  The biggest concern is how this may affect attitudes toward real legitimate hate crimes.

What a seriously odd thing to do- I can't makr any sense of it. Politics? Attention drawn to his career? Sympathy? Who knows. As you say- a dangerous thibg to do in terms of those whonare genuine victims of crime and abuse.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2382 on: February 21, 2019, 04:41:47 AM »

Trump's national emergency is utter bullshit, even if it does somehow hold up in court, which i doubt, the wall will not be built during his presidency. There are residents along the border who are gonna fight. Even if the government uses eminate domain the land owner can fight over the amount the land is worth which could take years per case. A lot of residents in that area are natives. I find it funny how up in arms conservatives are about the actor on a terrible tv show but not a word about Trump possibly wanting to put a Trump supporter in charge of the Cohen investigation. Also, while the right is crowing about the actor story another homegrown white guy this time a member of the coast guard was planning a massive terror attack on everyone Trump has attacked on twitter. I can't imagine where this guy could've come up with these targets and next week could be shaping up to be the worst week for Trump's presidency. We may finally get the Mueller report and Cohen is testifying to congress.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2383 on: February 21, 2019, 05:06:43 AM »

Political or just one guy looking for attention for himself?

No matter what motivated it, how stupid can you get? Like you said, this will affect real crimes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2384 on: February 21, 2019, 07:24:37 AM »

This was utter stupidity and selfishness.
Whatever the motivation - the police are pretty good at sniffing out such BS and it was only a matter of time.
Then to go around the media make yourself some crusader against Trump ("I come pretty hard at 45") give me a break - no one cared who you were and you now go down as a joke

What's more alarming than this cockamamie bullshit is this Coast Guard guy who was gonna take A LOT of people out - almost a similar target list as that lunatic who was mailing failed bombs out a few months ago - this should be the story to talk about now.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2385 on: February 21, 2019, 12:59:58 PM »

imagine being so consumed with Trump, you send yourself a fake letter, create a plan for a fake hate crime, execute the hoax horribly, go on national TV lying about it, and sticking to your story until you get arrested. hilarious! nice try moron!  rofl

the media and many liberals (including several in office and running for prez) jumped on this bullshit story from the get-go because it fits their narrative. The story had obvious holes in it from the beginning, but rather than doing some true investigative work, most of the major media outlets reported this as fact.

meanwhile, a trump supporter was actually punched in the face today on Berkeley's campus, in broad daylight, on video. good luck finding coverage of that.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2386 on: February 21, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »

imagine being so consumed with Trump, you send yourself a fake letter, create a plan for a fake hate crime, execute the hoax horribly, go on national TV lying about it, and sticking to your story until you get arrested. hilarious! nice try moron!  rofl

I'm not sure if that was the motivation, or only motivation. Seems like it had to do with good old greed and money.....

US actor Jussie Smollett staged a fake attack on himself because he was "dissatisfied with his salary", Chicago police say.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said in a news conference that he "took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47311145

the media and many liberals (including several in office and running for prez) jumped on this bullshit story from the get-go because it fits their narrative.

Sure. Just like the right wing media jumped on the Obama birth certificate story and went with it because it fit theirs.... Now it's the need for that wall/fence/barrier or how Democrats will turn the USA into Venezuela....

Nothing new.

Don't worry, they'll soon get back to pointing out how much of what Trump says isn't true. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2387 on: February 21, 2019, 02:26:59 PM »

meanwhile, a trump supporter was actually punched in the face today on Berkeley's campus, in broad daylight, on video. good luck finding coverage of that.

The world will be an infinitely happier place if that was you.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2388 on: February 21, 2019, 04:47:30 PM »

Play nice. No need for that kind of comments.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2389 on: February 21, 2019, 05:35:36 PM »

The world will be an infinitely happier place if that was you.

another tolerant liberal.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2390 on: February 21, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »

And as expected president orange takes to Twitter to attack the empire actor but no a word about the guy arrested for planning an actual terrorist attack. Let me guess he's just another white dude with mental issues right?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2391 on: February 21, 2019, 09:23:00 PM »

the media and many liberals (including several in office and running for prez) jumped on this bullshit story from the get-go because it fits their narrative. The story had obvious holes in it from the beginning, but rather than doing some true investigative work, most of the major media outlets reported this as fact.

Funny you mention that but nothing about the incident in El Paso involving the BBC camera man and the Trump supporter.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2392 on: February 22, 2019, 05:23:43 AM »

Funny you mention that but nothing about the incident in El Paso involving the BBC camera man and the Trump supporter.

Why would he mention the enemy of the people getting attacked? As you know, that's fake news.....

Remember when someone went on and on about how the US election is rigged and so on?

North Carolina will hold a new election for a congressional seat following an investigation into alleged ballot-tampering for a Republican candidate.

A consultant for Mark Harris' campaign is accused of illegally posting absentee ballots during November's mid-term election campaign.

Mr Harris, who initially claimed victory over Democrat Dan McCready, has now bowed to calls for a new election.

But he maintains he was unaware of any alleged fraud in his campaign.

The three Democrats and two Republicans on the North Carolina Board of Elections ruled unanimously for a new vote on Thursday, wrapping up a week of hearings.

Political consultant Leslie McCrae Dowless allegedly manipulated the election in Mr Harris' favour by illegally collecting, falsely witnessing and otherwise tampering with absentee ballots.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47323556

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:33:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2393 on: February 22, 2019, 06:36:19 AM »

What a seriously odd thing to do- I can't makr any sense of it. Politics? Attention drawn to his career? Sympathy? Who knows. As you say- a dangerous thibg to do in terms of those whonare genuine victims of crime and abuse.

Supposedly, he'd received a threatening letter that he reported to authorities...and he wasn't happy with their response?

So to try to get them to escalate....this was what he decided to do?

And then the police said it had something to do with trying to get a raise?

I agree. Odd.  But, to be completely honest, it's not a story I've followed right from the get go. Too much other, more important, stuff going on.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:43:53 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2394 on: February 22, 2019, 07:19:17 AM »

no, not funny. the el paso incident was covered adequately by CNN and the rest of the mainstream media.

the incident I mentioned was not. which I why I said "good luck finding coverage of that". see, the point of me mentioning it was the fact it was not covered by the major networks. so the two are very different in that regard. which is why I mentioned it. got it?

maybe we can agree that there are nut-jobs on both sides that would like to inflict violence? hell, we even have at least one loony liberal advocating violence in this thread!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2395 on: February 22, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »

no, not funny. the el paso incident was covered adequately by CNN and the rest of the mainstream media.

the incident I mentioned was not. which I why I said "good luck finding coverage of that". see, the point of me mentioning it was the fact it was not covered by the major networks. so the two are very different in that regard. which is why I mentioned it. got it?

maybe we can agree that there are nut-jobs on both sides that would like to inflict violence? hell, we even have at least one loony liberal advocating violence in this thread!

Reading your posts really reminds me just how far gone the right is in America. You literally have been brainwashed by bullshit for years.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2396 on: February 23, 2019, 06:56:17 AM »

Reading your posts really reminds me just how far gone the right is in America. You literally have been brainwashed by bullshit for years.

Deep stuff. No one in this thread has ever used the “brainwashed” accusation before.

I guess we CANNOT agree their are nutjobs on BOTH sides?

What the hell was i thinking looking for common sense in this thread???

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2397 on: February 23, 2019, 09:19:01 AM »

Obviously stupidity doesn't discriminate. It's present everywhere.

Speaking of, doesn't it seem to you that what would've been labeled as a nut job, or just crazy talk that no one paid attention to, a few decades ago now is considered normal? Nobody seems to mind if shit is made up.

So sandman, let me ask you this: What's the real national emergency in your opinion right now in the USA? Is it building that wall? Is it the opioid crisis? Jobs? Infrastructure? Trade?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:22:58 AM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2398 on: February 23, 2019, 06:07:45 PM »

Speaking of, doesn't it seem to you that what would've been labeled as a nut job, or just crazy talk that no one paid attention to, a few decades ago now is considered normal? Nobody seems to mind if shit is made up.

So sandman, let me ask you this: What's the real national emergency in your opinion right now in the USA? Is it building that wall? Is it the opioid crisis? Jobs? Infrastructure? Trade?

/jarmo

Clearly things r not obvious to many in this thread, at least most of the liberals. u have your cohorts advocating violence and consistenty insulting fellow posters. TDS is real.

To answer your question, you would have to define “national emergency”. That is just a label that can be interpreted a number of ways. In reality, it is a tool available to presidents to avoid the normal the legislative process. Its not how things should work, but many recent presidents have taken advantage of this tool.

Obama declared several national emergencies, most of which involed our interests in other countries like libya, sudan, and venezuela. And of course, those interests r 100% ethical and appropriate.   Roll Eyes

But regardless, whatever was going on certainly wasnt impacting americans lives. Just ask poor families making $10,000 a year and struggling to put food on the table if supporting libya helps their lives.

As for the US’s biggest problems. Tough to say. There are several and many are interrelated. I’d say corrupt government is high on the list. If cities could manage themselves effectively, schools would improve, opportunities would be created, and people’s lives would improve.

We have over 300 million people and depending on each person’s experience, u will get different opinions. For example, all the people who have had loved ones murdered by illegal immigrants would probably say illegal immigration is the biggest problem.

Another obvious one is human trafficking. The thought of little girls being kidnapped and forced into the sex trade, is truly horrifying.

Another one is the US’s involvement in unnecessary wars.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2399 on: February 23, 2019, 06:36:21 PM »

/jarmo

Clearly things r not obvious to many in this thread, at least most of the liberals. u have your cohorts advocating violence and consistenty insulting fellow posters. TDS is real.

To answer your question, you would have to define “national emergency”. That is just a label that can be interpreted a number of ways. In reality, it is a tool available to presidents to avoid the normal the legislative process. Its not how things should work, but many recent presidents have taken advantage of this tool.

Obama declared several national emergencies, most of which involed our interests in other countries like libya, sudan, and venezuela. And of course, those interests r 100% ethical and appropriate.   Roll Eyes

Did these get declared after Congress rejected the initial action?
I'm not challenging this - it's a valid point, I don't remember how it played out...was curious
Seems besides the fact that anything Trump does or tries - will be met by contempt...that the thing that has a lot of people fired up about the declaration is that it went to Congress & was mostly rejected and then this is viewed as a middle finger to the other branch of government.

Again, you are correct - it's an option available to the President and perhaps a constitutional amendment will come out of this because this is f&cked
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: