Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485376 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2520 on: March 22, 2019, 02:40:24 PM »

Day 4 of Trump's fight with a dead man. It's just sad now.

It was sad from the start.  Now it's pathetic.

I disagreed with McCain's politics (and his choice of VP candidates), but I always honored his service to this country. I certainly never called him names...and, honestly, I don't know anyone who did.  The man was a freaking war hero.  And his response to the woman, during his presidential campaign, who insisted Obama was a Muslim might have been one of the single most inspiring acts in a presidential campaign in my memory.   

Trump is eventually going to learn you can't beat (or hurt) a dead man in an argument...you can only hurt yourself.

100% this. I like you disagreed with his policies but he served this country honorably and proudly and he was a war hero. He does not deserve this at all, but i guess Trump needs to do this to feel big. I think it is just sad and pathetic of a sad morally bankrupt human being.

Yes i will always remember that moment.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2521 on: March 22, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »

The US posts its highest deficit for a month ever and Trumpty cancels the new sanctions against North Korea. Yay winning or something.  Roll Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2522 on: March 22, 2019, 03:34:48 PM »

meanwhile....

- ISIS caliphate has crumbled and last stronghold liberated

- Trump signed an executive order to protect free speech on campus

- Trump passed the First Step Act. a few months later and Van Jones is still praising Trump for this.

I'm isn't that already protected by the Constitution? Colleges aren't obligated to allow a speaker to come and say anything they want. Free speech protects you from the government only period.

this protects ALL students. this is not a liberal vs conservative issue. why would anyone be against this?

some colleges that do not protect the rights of all are receiving federal funding. why would any tax payer accept that?

this EO was a good first step, but more needs to be done. hopefully trump delivers.

here's a comment from the new prez at USC:

Speaking on NPR's Morning Edition, incoming University of Southern California President Carol Folt said that she's always been concerned about chilling effects on free speech on campus.

"And you do hear students say that they feel sometimes that they can't say things," she said. "But it comes from all sides. So the point is, we have to work on that, to keep it open, and make it possible for students to talk in a way that allows disagreement and pretty divergent opinions [to] still be respected and welcome."

if you are against this, it's just another example of TDS.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2523 on: March 22, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »

The US posts its highest deficit for a month ever and Trumpty cancels the new sanctions against North Korea. Yay winning or something.  Roll Eyes

Fed Chair also said, within the past couple days, it looks like the economy is slowing more quickly than expected.

We'll see, I guess.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2524 on: March 22, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »

I'm isn't that already protected by the Constitution? Colleges aren't obligated to allow a speaker to come and say anything they want. Free speech protects you from the government only period.

Check out this tweet thread on Campus free speech.  It's a good one!

https://twitter.com/JeffreyASachs/status/972150713890549760

Once again, Trumps actions run counter to facts.  Big surprise, right?

And another that points out some inconsistencies and issues with the EO, itself:

https://twitter.com/jzfriedman/status/1108837917110210580
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 04:24:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2525 on: March 22, 2019, 05:04:57 PM »

Attny General Barr has the Mueller Report, reportedly.

Lets see whats next.....if anything.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2526 on: March 22, 2019, 05:50:19 PM »

I thought he still wasn't done with Stone or Flynn. Unless that's something separate.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2527 on: March 22, 2019, 05:51:11 PM »

Fed Chair also said, within the past couple days, it looks like the economy is slowing more quickly than expected.

We'll see, I guess.
Not surprising given the February jobs report.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2528 on: March 22, 2019, 06:41:59 PM »

I thought he still wasn't done with Stone or Flynn. Unless that's something separate.

Flynn is done, except sentencing. He may still be working with sdny on something.

Stone has been indicted and refused to cooperate. Hes going to face trial and whatever comes after.

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2529 on: March 23, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »

liberals just hate facts. buried so deep in the back pockets of the Dem party, you've lost the ability to read things with an open mind.

From the Snopes article:

"The complaint states that the Policy Center “has found reason to believe [the] Respondents knowingly and willfully violated 2 U.S.C. 434(b)(5)(A),” a provision of U.S. campaign finance law that requires the treasurer of any registered political committee to report the name and address of anyone who receives more than $200 in campaign-related spending from that committee, along with the dates and purpose of that spending."

so when I said a complaint was filed alleging wrong doing, that would be a fact. also, the complaint filed clearly is accusing them of violating a U.S. campaign finance law.

More from the snopes article:

"Whether the activities of the PACs or the company violated campaign finance law, or whether the complaint has any merit, will be matters for the FEC to decide. A spokesperson confirmed to Snopes that the FEC had received the complaint but said they were legally prevented from offering any further comment."

So we have geniuses in this thread that somehow are able to prove that there are no violations. BUT, the snopes article linked clearly states that the FEC will determine if it has any merit (so even snopes is not making a conclusion here). and since I don't have all the facts, and I sure as hell don't know details of campaign finance law, i'm not even guessing as to whether this thing has merit or not. I certainly am not going to take the words of a defense lawyer. anytime you are moving funds around, it certainly looks suspicious. but who knows? no one in this thread does, that's for sure.

Also, why anyone would claim that the complaint filed does "not allege any illegality" is beyond me. again, liberals hate facts. but here's some more:

I'll repeat it again your your dense skull: You claimed it was a "FACT" that the complaint was for "for funneling $1 Million to himself and possible coordination" (your own words). That was proven FALSE by simply READING YOUR OWN SOURCE.

Just look at the FACTS and it's clear the complaint is without merit. I shouldn't have expected you to actually read the link. Here, I'll lay it out for you like the mental child you are:

"By not providing more specific information in their FEC filings about the nature of the services provided by the company, the NLPC has argued, the PACs — including Ocasio-Cortez’s campaign committee — appear to have violated campaign finance law."

"Consistent with FEC regulations, precedent and practice, the FEC’s Reports and Analysis Division confirmed that payments by the PACs and candidates to this vendor, Brand New Congress LLC, did not need to be broken out by subcategories of service, nor would subvendors need to be itemized.”

The FEC’s website itself stipulates that “strategy consulting” is an adequately specific description of services rendered in return for PAC spending."

Anyone who is not mentally incapacitated can understand that the complaint is bullshit.

- unemployment just hit 3.8% - lowest in 50 years.
- average hourly earnings rose 3.4% since last February
- nearly 5,000,000 jobs created since Trump was elected
- record high black employment
- female unemployment lowest in 65 years
- GDP growth over 3% for the first time in 13 years

That's cute. Now, tell me what he has actually done that earns him credit for these trends from OBAMA's presidency?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:29:51 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2530 on: March 23, 2019, 12:42:46 AM »

The McCain attacks need to stop. I feel so bad for his kids and his widow. When will his base finally tire of this horseshit and stand up to him. When will his butt puppets in congress grow a pair? Political differences aside with McCain, he was an honorable man who served this country, a war hero who rule of law and country over party still meant something to.  Notice how he always starts shit when there are new developments in the investigations? Like Hope Hicks now cooperating with the house investigation.

I think McCain's family is finding this all ridiculous, which it is. Megan McCain pretty much said she thinks her father would be laughing at all of this.  Trump is just shooting himself in the foot over this petty feud.

Regarding the House investigation - it is a bit of a sham. They are in search of a crime , not investigating a crime. You know they're phishing for something with a document request from 81 agencies.  It is common knowledge that the Dems want very badly to pin something on him, many have called for impeachment going on 2 years now. Why not just let the Mueller Report drop and see what they came up with and go from there?

Gee, it's almost like you have to investigate to find a crime!  rofl

Aren't you supposed to be back from recess?

But yes, I'm sure Bill Barr, the guy who gave clemency to several CRIMINALS involved in Iran Contra will do the right thing and not be a vapid political tool. You're too much.

publicly attacking someone who died 7 months ago is silly, and just kinda strange. McCain's involvement with the dossier was proven. so fine, acknowledge that fact and leave him alone.

the virtue signaling by liberals is sickening. as soon as Mccain had a beef with trump, everyone loves him. yet many of you called him crazy and racist and other things over the years.

McCain was a fucking asshole. he also is a war hero and did great things for this country. both of these things can be simultaneously true. 

if there was any chance of my comments being made public, I would not voice these negative opinions. out of respect for a dead man who cannot defend himself, and for his family. but since about 3 people will read this, I have nothing to worry about. Trump, on the other hand, should give that some consideration.

Woah now, don't signal your right wing virtues too hard with those buzzwords. You'll give yourself a prolapse!

When did liberals call him a crazy racist? I'll wait for your evidence...

rofl So, he did nothing? There is no free speech crisis. It's a myth and you fell for it like the rube you are. In fact, liberal professors are more often dismissed for their views than conservatives:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/3/17644180/political-correctness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown

Sorry, facts don't care about your feelings.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2531 on: March 23, 2019, 12:51:36 AM »

meanwhile....

- ISIS caliphate has crumbled and last stronghold liberated

- Trump passed the First Step Act. a few months later and Van Jones is still praising Trump for this.

this protects ALL students. this is not a liberal vs conservative issue. why would anyone be against this?

some colleges that do not protect the rights of all are receiving federal funding. why would any tax payer accept that?

this EO was a good first step, but more needs to be done. hopefully trump delivers.

here's a comment from the new prez at USC:

Speaking on NPR's Morning Edition, incoming University of Southern California President Carol Folt said that she's always been concerned about chilling effects on free speech on campus.

"And you do hear students say that they feel sometimes that they can't say things," she said. "But it comes from all sides. So the point is, we have to work on that, to keep it open, and make it possible for students to talk in a way that allows disagreement and pretty divergent opinions [to] still be respected and welcome."

if you are against this, it's just another example of TDS.

"If you disagree with my TDS, you have TDS"

The gaslighting of America, ladies and gentlemen.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2532 on: March 23, 2019, 06:33:40 AM »

All the Trump comments I'm reading about how the Mueller report being turned over to the Justice department exonerates Trump. A report that no details have been released yet.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2533 on: March 23, 2019, 08:05:28 AM »

Russian collusion yet?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2534 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:46 AM »

Just stop it. Nobody but the AG has seen the report yet. Mueller handing the report to the Justice department doesn't exonerate anyone. So unless you have personally read it you know nothing just like the rest of us.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2535 on: March 23, 2019, 08:58:16 AM »

All the Trump comments I'm reading about how the Mueller report being turned over to the Justice department exonerates Trump. A report that no details have been released yet.

Yeah....way too early to spike the football.

We dont know what we dont know til the report is public.

Any sort of comment or opinion on whats in the report, til then, is baseless and just makes you look like a trump nutswinger or troll.

We will, hopefully, see....sooner, rather than later.

I am not surprised there are no more indictments. JD opinion, which Mueller agreed with, says you cant indict a sitting president anyway.  That, in and of itself, isnt really telling.

We also know there is a sealed indictment for Assange sitting somewhere.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2536 on: March 23, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »

Yeah....way too early to spike the football.

We dont know what we dont know til the report is public.

Any sort of comment or opinion on whats in the report, til then, is baseless and just makes you look like a trump nutswinger or troll.

We will, hopefully, see....sooner, rather than later.

I am not surprised there are no more indictments. JD opinion, which Mueller agreed with, says you cant indict a sitting president anyway.  That, in and of itself, isnt really telling.

We also know there is a sealed indictment for Assange sitting somewhere.
Yep that means nothing, for all we know there's a sealed one in there for Trump for the second he's no longer president. I'm highly doubting there any for anyone else in the administration including family members. There's nothing that could have prevented Mueller from indicting them.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2537 on: March 23, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »

Just stop it. Nobody but the AG has seen the report yet. Mueller handing the report to the Justice department doesn't exonerate anyone. So unless you have personally read it you know nothing just like the rest of us.

Just asking the same question i’ve been asking for 2 years.

I do know there’s no more indictments.

I can feel the frustration from the left. Lots of liberal tears (thanks rachel maddow!).

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2538 on: March 23, 2019, 10:04:00 AM »

And the answer is still nobody knows but Mueller and now the AG. Let's see what the report says.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2539 on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »

One cannot use the Mueller report for the past two years to state that Trump is some kind of Russian agent, and now disband the fact that it does "look" like the report will not prove this fact as "well there are other things that he is guilty of".

On this one, the Trump haters need to take a deep breathe - because if after two years this friggin thing cannot prove he and Putin were in direct contact to fix this election (The orginal scope, btw), then not sure what else could convince you.

All of the indictments of the close campaign aids etc does not disappear either - that is some slimy shit still - but one crime at a time please  no
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: