Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:04:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 484638 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2720 on: May 05, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »

I just wish social media would hold all to the same standard when it comes to freezing peoples accounts. ( They ban James Woods but not Jim Carrey?)

Several media outlets reported that the tweet that violated Twitter’s rules referenced the Mueller report and included the phrase “#HangThemAll”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/04/trump-facebook-far-right-bans-support-twitter

/jarmo

Did u purposely not include the full tweet? I mean, just looking at part of a tweet does not provide the full context.

Do you know who James Woods was talking about?

I know the article you posted does not reference the full tweet. Misleading and biased at worst, irresponsible and poor reporting at best.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2721 on: May 05, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »

Of course I did. Its all a big conspiracy!

Jeez.

On one hand, celebrities should shut up and not tell people how to vote. On the other, the same people get upset when James Woods gets his Twitter account suspended.

Freedom of speech is important, unless it's used to write about the president.... Then it's ok to ban journalists from the White House etc. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2722 on: May 05, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »

Jeez.

On one hand, celebrities should shut up and not tell people how to vote. On the other, the same people get upset when James Woods gets his Twitter account suspended.

Freedom of speech is important, unless it's used to write about the president.... Then it's ok to ban journalists from the White House etc. Cheesy

/jarmo

on one hand, you want celebrities to have the right to speak their minds. on the other, you're ok with banning celebrities you disagree with.

see how silly this is?

I thought everyone was in favor of freedom of speech for all. but nothing surprises me in this thread.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2723 on: May 05, 2019, 06:47:33 PM »

Any artist, actor, etc is free to give unsolicited political advice.  1st Amendment. I'm not into banning or boycotts.

But they are also free to suffer any repercussions that arise from telling their fan base how they should vote..

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:51:40 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2724 on: May 06, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Exactly this, the right constantly says Hollywood should stay out of politics but when it's someone from their own team is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:16:34 AM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2725 on: May 06, 2019, 12:15:23 AM »

Any artist, actor, etc is free to give unsolicited political advice.  1st Amendment. I'm not into banning or boycotts.

But they are also free to suffer any repercussions that arise from telling their fan base how they should vote..

Absolutely, but private entities such as Facebook, Twitter are under no obligation to allow them to spew anything they want. They can say it, but a private company can ban them if they violate their terms of service. Lost in all this is Farrakhan was banned too, a left extremist.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:17:48 AM by tim_m » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2726 on: May 06, 2019, 05:51:09 AM »

on one hand, you want celebrities to have the right to speak their minds. on the other, you're ok with banning celebrities you disagree with.

see how silly this is?

I thought everyone was in favor of freedom of speech for all. but nothing surprises me in this thread.

You're twisting what I said instead of responding to my point.
I didn't say James Woods should have his account suspended. I'm saying many of his supporters think people on the left, who happen to be famous, should "shut up".

Kinda like some people who think the government should stay out of everyone's lives, yet it's fine if the government tells women what's ok and what's not ok to do with their own bodies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2727 on: May 06, 2019, 11:04:27 PM »

see how silly this is?

I didn't say James Woods should have his account suspended. I'm saying many of his supporters think people on the left, who happen to be famous, should "shut up".

Kinda like some people who think the government should stay out of everyone's lives, yet it's fine if the government tells women what's ok and what's not ok to do with their own bodies.

/jarmo

What's the difference between arguing with Trump supporters and banging your head against a wall?

That's not a joke, I'm honestly wondering.

I suppose the wall may give a little, eventually...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2728 on: May 07, 2019, 12:54:56 AM »

see how silly this is?

/jarmo

What's the difference between arguing with Trump supporters and banging your head against a wall?

What’s the difference between arguing with Obama supporters, or Bernie supporters, or any other supporters for that matter....and banging your head against the wall?  🙄

You act like it’s different

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2729 on: May 07, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Exactly this, the right constantly says Hollywood should stay out of politics but when it's someone from their own team is perfectly fine.

The “extreme” right.  There’s a big difference.  Just like the extreme left does the same thing.  Most people inbetween could care less if someone speaks their mind or shares their views.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2730 on: May 07, 2019, 05:24:55 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

The “extreme” right.  There’s a big difference.  Just like the extreme left does the same thing.  Most people inbetween could care less if someone speaks their mind or shares their views.

Nope, sorry, I know plenty of people that aren't extreme right that think celebrated should shut up.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2731 on: May 08, 2019, 01:35:28 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Nope, sorry, I know plenty of people that aren't extreme right that think celebrated should shut up.

Lol.  Well if it’s true because you “know plenty of people on the right” who do this....then it’s gotta be I guess.

I will say this, you see much more talk from the left.  For every James Woods, you probably have 10 liberal celebs doing the same.  Maybe it’s just played out a bit, and people on the right are just exhausted from hearing it....and then having the liberal media turn it into a big deal, and make it front and center, because it fits their agenda and world views.  Maybe that’s why they want them to shut up?  Fox will do the same with a comment from a celebrity on the right.  However, just doesn’t happen nearly as much, because most of Hollywood is left.   Awards shows for example, got pretty tiresome there for a while.  Too much of anything is usually a drag

But yeah, if you’re one who complains about celebrities giving us their political lectures, then you shouldn’t be happy with it , just because it comes from someone on your same side of the political spectrum.  That goes for people on either side
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:53:25 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2732 on: May 08, 2019, 05:01:00 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

Lol.  Well if it’s true because you “know plenty of people on the right” who do this....then it’s gotta be I guess.

I will say this, you see much more talk from the left.  For every James Woods, you probably have 10 liberal celebs doing the same.  Maybe it’s just played out a bit, and people on the right are just exhausted from hearing it....and then having the liberal media turn it into a big deal, and make it front and center, because it fits their agenda and world views.  Maybe that’s why they want them to shut up?  Fox will do the same with a comment from a celebrity on the right.  However, just doesn’t happen nearly as much, because most of Hollywood is left.   Awards shows for example, got pretty tiresome there for a while.  Too much of anything is usually a drag

But yeah, if you’re one who complains about celebrities giving us their political lectures, then you shouldn’t be happy with it , just because it comes from someone on your same side of the political spectrum.  That goes for people on either side
Nobody should be told to keep their opinion to themselves simply cause they're a "celebrity". They are Americans like you and me and have every right to have an opinion and express it period, whether you agree or disagree with that opinion which you have every right to do.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2733 on: May 08, 2019, 09:58:02 PM »

see how silly this is?

/jarmo

What’s the difference between arguing with Obama supporters, or Bernie supporters, or any other supporters for that matter....and banging your head against the wall?  🙄

Because it is. Normal people don't continue to hold an opinion after being disproven time and time again, like you and all the others on here. Only Trumpies do.

See what I mean? You'll just deny the obvious reality that every right winger you'll ever meet will tell you celebrities should shut up about politics, whether you asked their opinion or not. It's as common as seeing a silver Toyota.

Why do you hate freedom of speech? Why do you hate America?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2734 on: May 09, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »

see how silly this is?

/jarmo

Because it is. Normal people don't continue to hold an opinion after being disproven time and time again, like you and all the others on here. Only Trumpies do.

See what I mean? You'll just deny the obvious reality that every right winger you'll ever meet will tell you celebrities should shut up about politics, whether you asked their opinion or not. It's as common as seeing a silver Toyota.

Why do you hate freedom of speech? Why do you hate America?

"every right winger". you're actually talking absolute as if it is a fact, and making generalities like that as your proof? and then you criticize others for being dumb.

I don't think anyone should come on this board and personally insult others. I could state the following:

"Anyone that feels the need to regularly insult others on a friendly GnR fan board should stop, and that they are exposing themselves as sad, angry, simple-minded sheep."

but even if I did state that, it wouldn't mean I want to take away anyone's freedom of speech. it would just imply that there's a standard of conduct I wish people would hold themselves to. big difference.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:59:49 AM by sandman » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2735 on: May 09, 2019, 05:58:34 PM »

I think Alice Cooper said it best when talking about musicians and politics- " When musicians are telling people who to vote for, I think that’s an abuse of power. You’re telling your fans not to think for themselves, just to think like you. Rock’n’roll is about freedom – and that’s not freedom."

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2736 on: May 10, 2019, 02:45:43 AM »

And which celebrities are telling you who you should vote for?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2737 on: May 10, 2019, 08:54:29 AM »

And which celebrities are telling you who you should vote for?

I think you are missing the point. But to answer your question, NO ONE.

If a musician or celebrity wants to tell their audience where they stand politically, who they support and why, I take no issue with that.

When they tell their audience who they should or should not support then that is another story. Hence the reference to the Alice Cooper quote.

Also, don't take medical advice from your auto mechanic  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2738 on: May 10, 2019, 05:24:18 PM »

No?

You don't want a different perspective, instead of the usual medical talk from those corrupt doctors who think they're better than you because of their degrees from fancy liberal universities?  hihi

/jarmo

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2739 on: May 10, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »

No?

You don't want a different perspective, instead of the usual medical talk from those corrupt doctors who think they're better than you because of their degrees from fancy liberal universities?  hihi

/jarmo

Think you have me confused with the wrong stereotype. !

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: