Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 489623 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3260 on: August 27, 2019, 08:20:31 AM »

Trump says he's going to ignore the climate session at the G7, then ignores the climate session, and then the press secretary lies about why, saying Trump was in bilaterials with the leaders of India and Germany.

Who were plainly and obviously sitting in the climate session.

All while the Amazon burns.

I can see the headline now - Trump Burns Down Amazon Rainforest   rofl\

Nope.

But if the irony of him choosing to skip a climate change session while the amazon is literally on fire is lost on you......you're one of the very few.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3261 on: August 27, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »

If he actually goes forward with it then there may be something to look into.  But getting Congress involved due to a suggestion is a waste of time, we have a few more pressing issues facing us than that....

Not "may be".  A clear violation of the tenet.

So, instead of issuing the president an advisory, you'd rather just jump right to impeachment when he commits the crime.

Fair enough.

And I agree, we have other issues to address.  Good thing this House has proven to be adept at walking and chewing gum at the same time.

As the ever expanding list of passed legislation I posted pages ago showed.....now if we could just get the Senate to actually take any of it up and vote on it.

But #moscowmitch will never allow that.

So, given that, it seems like the House has plenty of time to issue an advisory (or articles of impeachment) since the Senate has decided to simply be obstructionists....which is all Repubs have managed to do over the past decade.

Yep, it all went to hell with the tea party rise, before then they still beloved in compromise.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3262 on: August 29, 2019, 07:37:46 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/take-the-land-president-trump-wants-a-border-wall-he-wants-it-black-and-he-wants-it-by-election-day/2019/08/27/37b80018-c821-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3263 on: August 29, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-isnt-working-for-us-anymore-tweets-trump-in-another-blast-at-the-network/2019/08/28/51cce8a4-c9d1-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fox-personalities-hit-back-at-trump-for-saying-they-dont-work-for-us-anymore

Starting to eat eachother.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3264 on: August 29, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-poll-has-bad-news-for-trump-voters-think-the-economy-is-getting-worse/
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3265 on: August 29, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »

https://www.wtoc.com/2019/08/28/georgias-johnny-isakson-resign-us-senate-seat-end/
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3266 on: September 04, 2019, 08:43:40 AM »

And our fearless leader on the 80th anniversary congratulates Poland on being invaded by Nazi's  rant
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3267 on: September 05, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »

https://www.axios.com/trump-map-dorian-doctors-media-video-a86efda7-ba6f-4989-a186-e39527824de8.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Oh for fucks sake!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3268 on: September 05, 2019, 07:53:21 AM »

If you're never wrong, you just change the facts to prove you weren't wrong! Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3269 on: September 05, 2019, 08:26:29 AM »

If you're never wrong, you just change the facts to prove you weren't wrong! Cheesy

/jarmo

That about sums it up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3270 on: September 05, 2019, 08:39:36 AM »

/jarmo

Thats about it.  And its true in EVERYTHING.  Hopefully, people who voted for him see this and realize this behavior perpetuates everything he does and says.  Such an obvious manipulation of reality...maybe it'll be a wakeup call to some.

He's a dog with a fucking bone about it, too...and he can't let it go.  He's STILL tweeting (and lying) about it....

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3271 on: September 05, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »

/jarmo

Thats about it.  And its true in EVERYTHING.  Hopefully, people who voted for him see this and realize this behavior perpetuates everything he does and says.  Such an obvious manipulation of reality...maybe it'll be a wakeup call to some.

He's a dog with a fucking bone about it, too...and he can't let it go.  He's STILL tweeting (and lying) about it....

Notice the two ardent Trump supporters have been MIA from this thread mostly for the last month or so? Seems like even they might be starting to see it is impossible to defend him with how unhinged he's become starting in July.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3272 on: September 05, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »

Notice the two ardent Trump supporters have been MIA from this thread mostly for the last month or so? Seems like even they might be starting to see it is impossible to defend him with how unhinged he's become starting in July.

No.  It's more about how it is almost impossible to have an actual discussion on real topics of substance concerning policies with those of you who have the mindset that everything President Trump says, does, does not say, does not do, etc., is wrong.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3273 on: September 05, 2019, 02:07:13 PM »

No.  It's more about how it is almost impossible to have an actual discussion on real topics of substance concerning policies with those of you who have the mindset that everything President Trump says, does, does not say, does not do, etc., is wrong.

So, to be clear: You opinion is that it is impossible to have a productive political discussion with anyone that pushes back and disagrees (and provides evidence as to why)?  And for conserviatives to ENGAGE in discussion, those with an opposing viewpoint must adopt the position that Trump is infailable, never lies, is never wrong, and EVERYTHING he does is right? And because those who dislike Trump won't do that, conservatives have disappeared from this thread?

Also, as an aside...Pot. Kettle. Black.  I mean...Gypsy...have you ever dissented and called the President out on doing ANYTHING wrong? I mean this president, obviously.  Not Obama (where conservatives ALSO took the position that nothing he ever did, or could do, would be right.  Witness the tan suit kerfluffle).

Yeah, I'm gonna go with tim's thing on this one.  Sorry.  I think it's hard to defend rampant racism and racist dogwhistles, obviously bad economic policy, an ill advised trade war wrecking havoc on the stock market, diverting funds from the military and Puerto Rico relief funding to build a penis extension, and obvious lies (which likely started out as simply a misstatement, honestly, but this guy can't help but double down) about a fucking weather forecast.

When there is actual, defensible shit that happens....or the conservatives can manage a win of any kind either from the President or the Senate.....the conservatives will be back to crow, converse, and defend.  Because it's not JUST here that the conservative presence has gotten quieter......

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:11:45 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3274 on: September 05, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »

I feel the same way you do.

Now Pilferk will tell me what my own opinion really is or what it should be...... hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3275 on: September 05, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

/jarmo

nope. not true. not even a little bit. and stop falling for Trump's act. he's trolling you and everyone on the left falls for it.

i think you know the reason Trump supporters have not been posting here regularly.

in addition to that, I was on sabbatical from work and spent 6 weeks at the jersey shore. when you spend 8-10 hours a day sitting on beach (surrounded by many other trump supporters flying Trump flags and bringing life-sized cardboard cutouts of trump), wasting time in a boring political thread is the furthest thing from your mind.

but i can tell you miss us. cause let's face it, without us, this thread is fucking boring.

so let's check the current status of the destruction of the world as predicted by a few in here, and many liberals across America.....

- Economy? fuckin booming!
- Jobs?  Lowest unemployment rate in years. Lowest for minorities all time!
- Nuclear war/neighborhoods burning down?  haha. silly prediction.  
- Unnecessary wars? ZZZZEEEERRRRROOOOOOO BABY! (and as I've said before, a primary reason i voted for him.)
     - only president of our lifetime not to start any unnecessary wars, or regime changes, or troop surges? yes indeedy.

so while the country continues to flourish and the world continues to improve in critical ways, maybe we should discuss important issues like straws, red meat, abortions to help climate change, and trying to hurt people that donate to the "wrong" candidate while bitching and complaining about people calling out journalists for past tweets that could be viewed as offensive.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3276 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:26 PM »

I guess on that sabbatical you missed the jobs bad news, that we added many less then what was reported over the last year.

Really? What wars did Obama start?

Also, Trump did recently send more troops to the middle East because of rising tension with Iran. At least tell the truth.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3277 on: September 05, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »

You want something positive about Trump, here ya go, i fully support that he did this. https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/politics/trump-veterans-student-debt/index.html

I have no issue giving the outside credit on the rare occasion he does something good like this it the criminal Justice reform, but i will not glue my lips to his ass and never say anything critical. When he says and does something asinine which is almost daily i will not stay quiet about it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:51:31 PM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3278 on: September 05, 2019, 10:45:40 PM »

So, to be clear: You opinion is that it is impossible to have a productive political discussion with anyone that pushes back and disagrees (and provides evidence as to why)?  And for conserviatives to ENGAGE in discussion, those with an opposing viewpoint must adopt the position that Trump is infailable, never lies, is never wrong, and EVERYTHING he does is right? And because those who dislike Trump won't do that, conservatives have disappeared from this thread?

Also, as an aside...Pot. Kettle. Black.  I mean...Gypsy...have you ever dissented and called the President out on doing ANYTHING wrong? I mean this president, obviously.  Not Obama (where conservatives ALSO took the position that nothing he ever did, or could do, would be right.  Witness the tan suit kerfluffle).

Yeah, I'm gonna go with tim's thing on this one.  Sorry.  I think it's hard to defend rampant racism and racist dogwhistles, obviously bad economic policy, an ill advised trade war wrecking havoc on the stock market, diverting funds from the military and Puerto Rico relief funding to build a penis extension, and obvious lies (which likely started out as simply a misstatement, honestly, but this guy can't help but double down) about a fucking weather forecast.

When there is actual, defensible shit that happens....or the conservatives can manage a win of any kind either from the President or the Senate.....the conservatives will be back to crow, converse, and defend.  Because it's not JUST here that the conservative presence has gotten quieter......

Yep, even good open propaganda network has been calling him out.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3279 on: September 06, 2019, 12:43:44 AM »

And if you honestly think he's doing and saying well this just to be a troll, i have several Bridges for sale you might like.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: