Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 504463 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #740 on: November 12, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »

Trump sure doesn't seem to b e doing anything to discourage this type of behavior though.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #741 on: November 12, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »

http://deadline.com/2016/11/silicon-valley-kumail-nanjiani-thomas-middleditch-barroom-trump-supporters-1201853539/

And it continues.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #742 on: November 12, 2016, 05:30:43 PM »

What I got out of this was these two guys where st a public house.  Got called out for there online opinions. Where asked to talk about stuff in person then declined.  Then got called out for it.   In a not to harsh way

If you are a public figure Ina public house don't expect it to be like your private bedroom.   Where you can tweet and post anything online.   If you have said something be prepared to be called out on it. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #743 on: November 12, 2016, 08:38:31 PM »

What I got out of this was these two guys where st a public house.  Got called out for there online opinions. Where asked to talk about stuff in person then declined.  Then got called out for it.   In a not to harsh way

If you are a public figure Ina public house don't expect it to be like your private bedroom.   Where you can tweet and post anything online.   If you have said something be prepared to be called out on it. 
So when they politely declined to discuss politics it was acceptable for them to get in their faces yelling cucks? I don't think so.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #744 on: November 12, 2016, 11:31:08 PM »

Only in America can a person accused of sexual assault by more then a dozen women, become president.  I really have to wonder what the women who still supported him  

Funny, I was saying the same things when America TWICE voted Bill Clinton into presidency.  You know, all the sexual indiscretions Hillary enabled and helped cover up?
Difference is those women with the exception of Jones seemingly lied and Broaddick's claim seems sketchy. Don't you think you'd remember the day you were raped? Also with Clinton we don't have him on any tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, saying inappropriate things about a 10 year old girl as well as his own daughter. Maybe the stuff about Bill is true maybe it isn't. The claims against Trump are more believable simply because of the things we have proof of him saying. Just the way he talks about ivanka make my skin crawl.
I don't know. Are we pretending the whole Monica Lewinsky thing didn't happen? Not sure how that behavior is deemed acceptable.
Certainly it isn't acceptable for a man to cheat on his wife. It was consensual though. What Trump is being accused of and facing civil suit for is sexual assault and statutory rape.
Well so far, that's the only thing that's been proven as far as I know. Everything else is allegations. We'll see how it all plays out, but innocent until proven guilty used to be a mantra we lived by. Now it seems to be the polar opposite, actually it's been that way for decades now.
Yes innocent until proven guilty, so let's give him a pass on all the allegations until they're proven. If you take those all away and give him due process on those lets consider what we do have. We have him on tape boasting about sexually assaulting women. We have him on tape boasting that he'd be dating a girl who at the time was 10. Which tells us he found her sexually attractive. That screams pedophile. A man doesn't say something like that about someone who he finds unattractive. Then we have the incestuous comments about Ivanka. Even if we give him a pass until proven guilty on the accusations. He is still guilty of saying some seriously creepy shit that sends of tons of red flags.
No doubt he has SAID some pretty outlandish things, but that's not the same as doing them. I've heard him speak openly on the Howard Stern Show before. He likes to be entertaining and say shocking things, that's no surprise. I think the comments about underage girls and those about his daughter are overblown. There's no way he wants to have sex with a 10 year old girl or his own daughter, I refuse to believe that. Is he proud of his daughter? Does he think she's beautiful? Yes, and yes. It ends there though. Just my opinion, obviously you disagree along with many others, and that's fine.

And maybe he'll be the worst president ever, but let's wait until he serves at least one day in office before we declare that. I think he deserves that much. I'd say the same for Hillary, even though she was severely flawed. There's no going back and changing the votes at this point. We weren't given a very good crop to choose from, to put it nicely. But we have to respect and accept the results and hope for the best. It seems at this point, a lot of people want him to fail, and I can't see the logic in that.
I just want to make a few more points on people wanting him to fail. As i said i hope he succeeds, overall we'll be better off if he does. There are some things i obviously hope he fails on like obamacare, the Paris global warming agreement. Succeeding overturning those will not make us better overall. But consider this, many of the people who are now saying get over it grow up and move on and accept it are also the same for 8 years refused to accept Obama. For 8 years they have called him the n word, monkey, compared him to Hitler. Said the same awful things about Michelle and their two daughters who have done nothing to deserve it.  To make it worse the guy who is president elect along with Limbaugh, Beck and O'Reilly were the ring leaders of the birther movement, Trump who refused to give it up and admit Obama was born in the US until just last month then tried to blame it on Hillary. Does this make the people not accepting the Trump win any better then the those who are now screaming they should? Probably not but you can certainly see where they are coming from.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #745 on: November 13, 2016, 01:52:41 AM »

So when they politely declined to discuss politics it was acceptable for them to get in their faces yelling cucks? I don't think so.

Is that a bad word or something? 

Honestly if that was the biggest thing that happend to me on a night out.   I would be very depressed.    Call me what you want.   But please have a hot blonde close.  Ha
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #746 on: November 13, 2016, 02:50:20 AM »

Is that a bad word or something? 

Honestly if that was the biggest thing that happend to me on a night out.   I would be very depressed.    Call me what you want.   But please have a hot blonde close.  Ha
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckservative
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #747 on: November 13, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »

People have a right to peacefully protest, but in some cities it has devolved into something very ugly. It is turning into riots and there's no excuse for that.

Keep in mind they are rioting against a free and fair election and threatening the lives of law enforcement, affecting the lives of innocent bystanders and damaging property and businesses that have nothing to do with why they are rioting.

It is pretty much a tantrum by sore losers. Give the guy a chance and if you dont like what he does in office and he crosses the line or goes against the constitution, then riot if you really feel the need to.

Riot squads throw flash grenades and tear gas at anti-Trump protesters chanting 'kill the police' as dozens are arrested in Portland and thousands march in Los Angeles in fourth night of chaos

Police in Portland used flash grenades to control crowds who threw burning road flares at them
    Dozens were arrested in the Oregon city on the fourth night of violent protests since Trump's election win
    In Los Angeles, 8000 people took to the streets and angry crowds blocked the Las Vegas strip too 
    Other rallies took place in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, New York and Phoenix 
    Michael Moore called on Donald Trump to step down as President-elect during protests in New York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3931214/Police-attacked-rocks-bottles-anti-Trump-protests.html#ixzz4Pto7CaTt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #748 on: November 13, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »

People have a right to peacefully protest, but in some cities it has devolved into something very ugly. It is turning into riots and there's no excuse for that.

Keep in mind they are rioting against a free and fair election and threatening the lives of law enforcement, affecting the lives of innocent bystanders and damaging property and businesses that have nothing to do with why they are rioting.

It is pretty much a tantrum by sore losers. Give the guy a chance and if you dont like what he does in office and he crosses the line or goes against the constitution, then riot if you really feel the need to.

Riot squads throw flash grenades and tear gas at anti-Trump protesters chanting 'kill the police' as dozens are arrested in Portland and thousands march in Los Angeles in fourth night of chaos

Police in Portland used flash grenades to control crowds who threw burning road flares at them
    Dozens were arrested in the Oregon city on the fourth night of violent protests since Trump's election win
    In Los Angeles, 8000 people took to the streets and angry crowds blocked the Las Vegas strip too 
    Other rallies took place in Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, New York and Phoenix 
    Michael Moore called on Donald Trump to step down as President-elect during protests in New York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3931214/Police-attacked-rocks-bottles-anti-Trump-protests.html#ixzz4Pto7CaTt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I love all the people that have said if trump won they will be coming moving to Canada.  We do not want them here trust me.
Lao isn't that a case of just taking your ball home

My guy didn't win in their fair race so I am leaving.  Meh. 

The mayoralty of people cane be right because that not how i feel! 

People must of voted for him because of this.  It's the only way I can explain it.

Your guy lost. Get over it     
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #749 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »

The rioters should have a new slogan- Hate Trumps Love

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #750 on: November 13, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »

Trump sure doesn't seem to b e doing anything to discourage this type of behavior though.

Yeah well, Guns N Roses didn't do much to discourage the riots commonly associated with them back in the 90s.  But that doesn't make them their fault.

That's right.  A riot is nothing more than a bunch of low lives grabbing any excuse they can to justify tearing the community apart.  Rioters do nothing but destroy the very society and its people that they claim Trump is endangering.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:47:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #751 on: November 14, 2016, 09:38:20 AM »

On 60 minutes last night, Trump told his supporters who have been accused of harassing minorities to stop.

I'd say that Obama and Hillary should extend the same request to the anti-Trump rioters.

I dont know how effective a request like that would be though since it has been reported that at least some of rioters are  professional protestors.

Blocks Of Anti-Trump Protest Buses Caught On Tape

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #752 on: November 14, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »

I love all the people that have said if trump won they will be coming moving to Canada.  We do not want them here trust me.

People must of voted for him because of this.  It's the only way I can explain it.

Just to be clear...HRC lost...yes.  But the majority of the people (by about 2 million votes) actually voted for her.

It's a minor point, but one worth considering.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #753 on: November 14, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »

On 60 minutes last night, Trump told his supporters who have been accused of harassing minorities to stop.

I'd say that Obama and Hillary should extend the same request to the anti-Trump rioters.

I dont know how effective a request like that would be though since it has been reported that at least some of rioters are  professional protestors.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-13/blocks-anti-trump-protest-buses-caught-tape

They should condemn the riots.

Peaceful protests? Nope.

That's what the constitution is all about, and precisely why it's worded and set up the way it is.

You may disagree with them.  And even if you think they're "not legit" and paid or inorganic or whatever......

The right to do so is granted them, whatever the motivation, by the constitution.

They will either be effective, or they won't.  But they shouldn't stop just because some people don't like them, or they make them uncomfortable, or whatever.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #754 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »

Just to be clear...HRC lost...yes.  But the majority of the people (by about 2 million votes) actually voted for her.

Well yeah there are lots of people in New York and California......   I actually like this way of voting.

Where two big one sided hugely populated states cant dictate an election.  

It seemed looking at a voting map of America that the majority of the country was red.

Here in Canada, Ontario can still dictate a federal electrical, just because the majority of people live there......  Sometimes elections are called before votes in the west are even counted.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #755 on: November 14, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »

Well yeah there are lots of people in New York and California......   I actually like this way of voting.

It seemed looking at a voting map of America that the majority of the country was red.

Here in Canada, Ontario can still dictate a federal electrical, just because the majority of people live there......  Sometimes elections are called before votes in the west are even counted.

Again, define "majority".

Not the majority of people/voters.

But the majority of land mass, I guess.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #756 on: November 14, 2016, 11:03:45 AM »

Again, define "majority".

Not the majority of people/voters.

But the majority of land mass, I guess.

That's right.  The majority of states.  The majority of land
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #757 on: November 14, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »

They should condemn the riots.

Peaceful protests? Nope.

That's what the constitution is all about, and precisely why it's worded and set up the way it is.

You may disagree with them.  And even if you think they're "not legit" and paid or inorganic or whatever......

The right to do so is granted them, whatever the motivation, by the constitution.

They will either be effective, or they won't.  But they shouldn't stop just because some people don't like them, or they make them uncomfortable, or whatever.

As long as no one is hurt or any property is damaged they have a right to protest under the constitution. But when they cross that line is where the problem lies and that has happened in a few places such as Portland.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #758 on: November 14, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »

But when you have organized groups funding these protests it diminishes the legitimacy of them even if they stI'll have the right to. And think about the fact they're protesting a free and fair election result. Againo they're allowed to do that provided no one is hurt and no property is damaged.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #759 on: November 14, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »

But when you have organized groups funding these protests it diminishes the legitimacy of them even if they stI'll have the right to. And think about the fact they're protesting a free and fair election result. Againo they're allowed to do that provided no one is hurt and no property is damaged.

Again...you have the right to lend them as much weight as you want. You can choose to categorize them as "paid" or whatever...the only thing that matters toward is forming YOUR opinion of them.

But no matter what (and, fyi, again, protesting the results of a "free and fair election" are EXACTLY why the constitution is written the way it is)...they have the right to peacefully protest whatever they want. Paid, unpaid, organized, unorganized....doesn't matter.

You seem to acknowledge that in one breath, and then poo poo it the next. Again, you have the right to lend whatever weight you want to those protests...but if they feel strongly enough to protest, what you DON'T have the right to do is tell them they can't or shouldn't (objectively speaking) simply BECAUSE you don't feel the same way.

They are using their constitutional right to make their displeasure known...and it's not just a couple bus loads.  In NYC and LA this past weekend, it was TENS of thousands of people.

I will speak out against any violence that occurs.  But I will defend their right to peacefully assemble and express their displeasure...here, there, and everywhere.  I would say the same if the situations were reversed.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:58:40 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: