Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:04:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 484449 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »

Day one looked like it was all about trying to achieve party unity and going after Trump. And promising a flat screen TV for everyone and a chicken in every pot. 

Im not sure we will see much of Bernie anymore, he pretty much ended his revolution with that speech I think.

I heard some of the that first part, and the going after Trump was definitely there, too.  But, to be honest, there was a lot more mention of HRC's differences, and what she plans to do, than there was villification of Trump.  Which is a marked contrast to pretty much all 4 days of the RNC, which seemed to have more mentions of HRC than of Trump, start to finish.  The first day or so is usually the place for red meat, but I thought there was a considerable amount less than there was at the RNC. 

And I've resigned myself to the fact that both campaigns are going to largely stand up on "don't elect the other person" over any actual substantive merit of their own.  That's pretty much how LOTS of folks are feeling, so I'm not shocked to see them play it off, too. It lands.

I didn't hear the last part at all.  In fact, I thought there was very, very little talk, from the prime time speakers especially, of that sort AT ALL.  Bernie's mention of universal health care, and trying to reverse the top heavy wealth distribution chart, might be the closest thing to it, but even that's not either of the things (even when translating the hyperbole) mentioned.

I think it largely depends, with Bernie.  If HRC were smart, and they could convince him, they'd use him on the campaign trail, echoing the sentiments of last night's speech, beating into his supporters heads the idea of a unified party. And if HRC were also smart, she'd imply that there's a cabinet position for him if he wants it (which he could then accept, or politely decline to stay in the senate).  Basically, what Trump WON'T do with Cruz or the Ohio Governor. Wink

But I'm not sure they will.  We'll see.  They might HAVE to, in light of the DNC email scandal, just to put quell the flames.

Either way, I doubt we've heard the last of him.  He's a sitting senator, and he's garnered himself a much higher profile.  I doubt he fades into the night, completely.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:42:48 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2016, 10:28:42 PM »

Day one looked like it was all about trying to achieve party unity and going after Trump. And promising a flat screen TV for everyone and a chicken in every pot. 

Im not sure we will see much of Bernie anymore, he pretty much ended his revolution with that speech I think.

I heard some of the that first part, and the going after Trump was definitely there, too.  But, to be honest, there was a lot more mention of HRC's differences, and what she plans to do, than there was villification of Trump.  Which is a marked contrast to pretty much all 4 days of the RNC, which seemed to have more mentions of HRC than of Trump, start to finish.  The first day or so is usually the place for red meat, but I thought there was a considerable amount less than there was at the RNC. 

And I've resigned myself to the fact that both campaigns are going to largely stand up on "don't elect the other person" over any actual substantive merit of their own.  That's pretty much how LOTS of folks are feeling, so I'm not shocked to see them play it off, too. It lands.

I didn't hear the last part at all.  In fact, I thought there was very, very little talk, from the prime time speakers especially, of that sort AT ALL.  Bernie's mention of universal health care, and trying to reverse the top heavy wealth distribution chart, might be the closest thing to it, but even that's not either of the things (even when translating the hyperbole) mentioned.

I think it largely depends, with Bernie.  If HRC were smart, and they could convince him, they'd use him on the campaign trail, echoing the sentiments of last night's speech, beating into his supporters heads the idea of a unified party. And if HRC were also smart, she'd imply that there's a cabinet position for him if he wants it (which he could then accept, or politely decline to stay in the senate).  Basically, what Trump WON'T do with Cruz or the Ohio Governor. Wink

But I'm not sure they will.  We'll see.  They might HAVE to, in light of the DNC email scandal, just to put quell the flames.

Either way, I doubt we've heard the last of him.  He's a sitting senator, and he's garnered himself a much higher profile.  I doubt he fades into the night, completely.
She should keep him around if she's really serious about stopping Trump. I know a lot of people looking at the Green Party candidate that are Bernie or bust supporters. She needs him to convince them to vote for her. He was the sanest in a totally insane election cycle where our choices started at bad and went to disgraceful with Trump. There was imo nobody on the right remotely even electable.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2016, 07:47:09 AM »

So, yesterday was a marked contrast to anything, at either of the conventions, thus far.

The optics for the Dems were pretty much amazing, from roll call (and Bernie's graciousness at the end) all the way through Bill's speech last night.  I've heard a couple complaints (esp from the far left) about the way he framed the speech around his courtship and marriage to Hillary, but I think that was the point.  It was an attempt to both soften her a little bit, make her a little more relateable, and to get some of her lessen known activist and pushes for change out there onto her public resume.  And the last 1/3 to 1/2 of the speech was pretty gangbusters.

All in all, a VERY good night for the Dems, in terms of their convention.  No sign of the disharmony, really, from early on day 1.  And a pretty packed (and interesting) lineup of Dem big wigs and celebrities, which is a marked contrast to how "light" the RNC felt.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »

And Trump, during his morning presser, for all intents and purposes just committed treason.  Encouraging a foreign power to commit a digital crime, and felony, against our own government, or one of it's candidates, isn't just poorly worded hyperbole, though I'm sure that's how he will explain it away.  It is treason. Plain and simple.

So....when you've had a comparatively bad day because the DNC had a much better day 2 than the RNC did...Trumps chess move is to double down and make it worse? Ye gods, man....what the actual fuck? He is his own worst enemy, I swear.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »

And Trump, during his morning presser, for all intents and purposes just committed treason.  Encouraging a foreign power to commit a digital crime, and felony, against our own government, or one of it's candidates, isn't just poorly worded hyperbole, though I'm sure that's how he will explain it away.  It is treason. Plain and simple.

So....when you've had a comparatively bad day because the DNC had a much better day 2 than the RNC did...Trumps chess move is to double down and make it worse? Ye gods, man....what the actual fuck? He is his own worst enemy, I swear.
And his supporters will continue to kiss his ass.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2016, 09:13:37 PM »

He is going to say/do something 10x worse a few weeks before the big election day
I have no doubt
Still think he will get blown out of the water in this election but I'm convinced he's going to do something so stupid right beforehand that on election night, there will be no guessing whatsoever who will win

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »

The introduction (10 min.) into President Obama's speech was absolutely amazing.
Watch that and tell me there'd be ANY chance a President Trump could match President Obama's poise.
It's not even close.
I definitely had moist tear ducts watching.
The speech was just as electrifying.

Bill's speech the other night was very good, but Barack and Michelle were the shining stars of this convention for me.

Now if only I could convince Axl to run as a 3rd party candidate!    Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2016, 12:07:37 AM »

He is going to say/do something 10x worse a few weeks before the big election day
I have no doubt
Still think he will get blown out of the water in this election but I'm convinced he's going to do something so stupid right beforehand that on election night, there will be no guessing whatsoever who will win

It's an absolute certainty he will say many more stupid things between now and November 8th. He is leading in recent polls but i chalk that up to RNC bump. I'm sure Hillary will see it in next weeks polls.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:09:30 AM by tim_m » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2016, 07:05:18 AM »

New life goal: Morgan Freeman does a voice over on a video about my life

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »

From an outsider looking in, with no horse in the race.....

I kinda get a gross feeling about Clinton.

Trump seems to be, what you see is what you get.   I would take him
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »

I don't want a president that can be provoked into a fight on twitter.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »

Now Trump is whining about the debates which schedules were set a year ago are up against NFL games. Watch him try and back out of the debates.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2016, 01:58:55 PM »

Here in Canada we have a pretty face running the country, via a bunch of string pullers behind the scenes

I much rather have someone who speaks there mind, with no games and isn't hiding anyone.   A leader that doenst have to ask permission
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2016, 03:10:58 PM »

Axl has hated Trump for 25 years.
http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/axl-rose-hates-donald-trump-dnc-revelations/

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »

Here in Canada we have a pretty face running the country, via a bunch of string pullers behind the scenes

I much rather have someone who speaks there mind, with no games and isn't hiding anyone.   A leader that doenst have to ask permission
WYSIWYG doesn't by default make him the better choice. I don't know how close you are paying attention to the ridiculous shit he's done or said but the things he's saying are very dangerous. In his RNC speech he actually said he and he alone can fix our problems.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »

I really can't understand Trump's strategy here and why he feels the need to respond to every single criticism with an even stupider statement or tweet. The fight with the parent of the Muslim soldier is really boneheaded.

Think about it, you have people out here who don't like either candidate and will end up voting for who seems the least dangerous. The more Trump says this stupid shit the worse he seems. He'll end up making Hillary voters out of people who really don't even want to vote for her.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »

The bait was set and Trump took it instead of seeing it as a trap and leaving it alone. Media goes crazy. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »

The bait was set and Trump took it instead of seeing it as a trap and leaving it alone. Media goes crazy. 

That's his campaign in a nutshell.

He can't ever see anything he sees as a "sleight" or an attack and let it go.  He has to address every single one.

Did you see his rant against the fire marshall at his rally yesterday? THE FIRE MARSHALL??!!

That's his problem.  His ego won't let him actually shut his mouth. He has verbal diahrea.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2016, 03:26:41 PM »

He actually just fucking kicked a baby out of one of his rallies. Kicked. The. Baby. Out.  Tell me that's a GREAT optic for a presidential campaign?

Again, I will say it: This man is his own worst enemy.  It's almost like he's punking the Repubs.  "How much crazy shit can I say and do before you finally realize I'm punking you, and send me home?" He seems to be ACTIVELY trying to convince people NOT to vote for him, now. 

Like, actually the direct opposite of the "kissing babies" methodology.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:29:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2016, 10:09:28 PM »

The guy does not know how to stay on message even a little bit.  Been more of a disaster than normal after the convention.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: