Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485389 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2016, 08:50:42 PM »

And it looks like we've got a competitive race again now that Trump is on message for a whole week. But if he reverts to the idiotic bluster and 4th grade behavior its over I think. Maybe the staff shakeup did some good for him. Think the only reason he has been able to recover from his past comments is that he is running against Hillary who brings a lot of negatives herself.

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

Clinton 43%
Trump 45%

Of course, these polls ignore 3rd party candidates....... rant

Maybe if the media would give other candidates more coverage people would take more of an interest in them as viable alternatives.
I question the accuracy of this one. All polls i've been seeing Hillary has an ok lead. Not a great insurmountable lead but a lead and in key swing states. I haven't seen any since trump's campaign shakeup. That happened at the end of the week though, so i assume it'll be during the week before we start seeing more polls to get a real idea if it i helped at all.

This was a daily poll. Yes. time will tell as far as the trend goes, but its been a good month since Ive seen Trump lead Hillary in any poll at all.
I'd be shocked if he isn't back to acting like a toddler in a week or less.

Did not take him long at all...

August 22, 2016, 07:44 am
Trump gets personal in 'Morning Joe' attacks

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/donald-trump-threatens-to-tell-truth-morning-joe-scarborough-girlfriend-mika-brzezinski-clowns

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:52:50 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2016, 12:04:39 AM »

And it looks like we've got a competitive race again now that Trump is on message for a whole week. But if he reverts to the idiotic bluster and 4th grade behavior its over I think. Maybe the staff shakeup did some good for him. Think the only reason he has been able to recover from his past comments is that he is running against Hillary who brings a lot of negatives herself.

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

Clinton 43%
Trump 45%

Of course, these polls ignore 3rd party candidates....... rant

Maybe if the media would give other candidates more coverage people would take more of an interest in them as viable alternatives.
I question the accuracy of this one. All polls i've been seeing Hillary has an ok lead. Not a great insurmountable lead but a lead and in key swing states. I haven't seen any since trump's campaign shakeup. That happened at the end of the week though, so i assume it'll be during the week before we start seeing more polls to get a real idea if it i helped at all.

This was a daily poll. Yes. time will tell as far as the trend goes, but its been a good month since Ive seen Trump lead Hillary in any poll at all.
I'd be shocked if he isn't back to acting like a toddler in a week or less.

Did not take him long at all...

August 22, 2016, 07:44 am
Trump gets personal in 'Morning Joe' attacks

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/donald-trump-threatens-to-tell-truth-morning-joe-scarborough-girlfriend-mika-brzezinski-clowns

Lets be honest neither of us expected it to take long lol.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »

All ths talk of softenng and hardenng and softenng....trumps immgration policy is obviously using PEDs. Little, blue, PEDs.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2016, 10:46:19 PM »

This is how I see it.

Trump-  Build the wall, deport all the illegal aliens......no wait....work with the ones who are not any problem...no wait...send them back to their country of origin.....no wait...Ill let you know in a few weeks.

Clinton- Lets just keep doing what we are doing and not enforce border, immigration laws, keep the sanctuary cities and figure out a way to get them to vote Democrat.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »

I can't wait for the first debate next month. If you think Hillary is beating him handily in the polls now, wait until after the first debate. Trump simply has no realistic policies and Hilary is going to eat him alive.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #325 on: August 27, 2016, 09:41:56 AM »

Hillary isn't quite beating Trump handily in the polls, they seem to be narrowing. Hillary's hiding of the emails and how shes tried to explain them away is hurting her. It is counteracting Trump's lack of policy specifics among other things....agree that the debates will mean a lot this year. Hillary could really put some distance between them if she does really well. But who the heck knows, a lot could happen with the Clinton Foundation and Wikileaks may have a bombshell waiting. Trump could personally insult a few important demographics again....

Clinton leads Trump by 5 points in Reuters/Ipsos poll

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton leads her Republican rival Donald Trump by 5 percentage points among likely voters, down from a peak this month of 12 points, according to the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll released on Friday.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/clinton-leads-trump-5-points-reuters-ipsos-poll-062657638.html

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:49:07 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »

Of all the candidates this is what we end up with......I wish the GOP ran Rand Paul or John Kasich.....Dems would have been better off with Bernie. Jim Webb would have been a democrat I could have voted for but he had no real shot.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »

She really did not want anyone finding out about her yoga classes....

Hillary Clinton Deleted Emails Using Program Intended To ?Prevent Recovery?

Hillary Clinton?s team of aides and lawyers deleted emails from her private server using a software program intended to ?prevent recovery? and hide traces of deleted files.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/25/hillary-clinton-deleted-emails-using-program-intended-to-prevent-recovery/#ixzz4IXbN9gh6

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2016, 06:50:37 PM »

Of all the candidates this is what we end up with......I wish the GOP ran Rand Paul or John Kasich.....Dems would have been better off with Bernie. Jim Webb would have been a democrat I could have voted for but he had no real shot.
Not sure about Paul but Kasich is one i'd ALMOST vote for. He was the sane one imo.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »

And Trump is back at it again. This time using the murder of Dwyane Wade's cousin for political gain. This man is disgusting.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »

She really did not want anyone finding out about her yoga classes....

Hillary Clinton Deleted Emails Using Program Intended To ?Prevent Recovery?

Hillary Clinton?s team of aides and lawyers deleted emails from her private server using a software program intended to ?prevent recovery? and hide traces of deleted files.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/25/hillary-clinton-deleted-emails-using-program-intended-to-prevent-recovery/#ixzz4IXbN9gh6

As someone who's worked in IT for about 25 years...that's exactly how you're supposed to set up a secure email environment, especially ones that could contain classified or sensitive info.  Their issue (the person who set it up) was that they were thinking security, 100%...they weren't even considering (and I don't mean to say they considered it and evilly grinned and decided to block it at all costs) transparency in the setup.

She's admitted to setting up a private email server.  This, honestly, is basically an indication the people who set it up might actually have known what they were doing.  I know it makes for a sensationalistic headline, but....I'd do the same thing if I were setting up a secure email solution for ANY client, with absolutely zero nefarious intentions.  It's not about preventing legit recover....it's about preventing those who do NOT have a legitimate reason to "recover" them from doing so.  It's exactly the kind of hacker preventative measures that you would WANT to see.

Terrible for transparency, I agree.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »

I'm a GOP voter and we deserve this loss even more than the one we deserved in 2012.

Stop running stiffs and jokes.  Expect losses until you wake up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2016, 05:23:48 PM »

I'm a GOP voter and we deserve this loss even more than the one we deserved in 2012.

Most of the other ones running this year would have been a better choice. The only reason Hillary is leading in the polls is because she's running against Trump.

4 more years of the same shit does suck. I'm just wondering how much more debt we can handle before the economy collapses. We really have no tools left to deal with another major recession.

I know Ive said it before, but I dont know a better year than this year for a 3rd party candidate.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:48 PM »

Pretty much.

If the gop had propped up anyone who was not....welll....Trumpish...they would have has a good shot at my vote.

Now....cthulhu or godzilla...

Its bad reality tv.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2016, 06:42:28 PM »

Most of the other ones running this year would have been a better choice. The only reason Hillary is leading in the polls is because she's running against Trump.

4 more years of the same shit does suck. I'm just wondering how much more debt we can handle before the economy collapses. We really have no tools left to deal with another major recession.

I know Ive said it before, but I dont know a better year than this year for a 3rd party candidate.

So, yes...and no.

Keep a couple things in mind when vewing those trump and fox news debt slides they keep trotting out there:

A good chunk on that "doubling" they keep quoting is obama insisting that the Iraq and afghanistan military expenses actually go on the books, rather than getting slashed off budget

Aside from that (admittedly big) hit, our debt has grown at the slowest rate since Clinton and Reagan.  Its definitely something we need to address, for sure.  But the dems have actually been better at that since reagan, if you look at the numbers. Remember: bill clintons administration actually balanced the budget, forever changing the gop and its platform.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:16:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2016, 09:09:15 PM »

So, yes...and no.

Keep a couple things in mind when vewing those trump and fox news debt slides they keep trotting out there:

A good chunk on that "doubling" they keep quoting is obama insisting that the Iraq and afghanistan military expenses actually go on the books, rather than getting slashed off budget

Aside from that (admittedly big) hit, our debt has grown at the slowest rate since Clinton and Reagan.  Its definitely something we need to address, for sure.  But the dems have actually been better at that since reagan, if you look at the numbers. Remember: bill clintons administration actually balanced the budget, forever changing the gop and its platform.
Unfortunately facts don't work on most republicans.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »

So, yes...and no.

Please spare me on the Fox News Schtick. Lets not allow this thread to devolve into calling each other stupid, we have Facebook for that.  ok

BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in.

Bill Clinton was the last fiscally responsible President. Bush sent us all $300 checks because the govt had too much of a surplus ( WTF) and then went into Iraq. I think Afgnanistan was justified, but at some point they have to wipe their own ass we cant be there indefinitely for them. This started the debt slide and with Afghanistan & Iraq we got involved in nation building and it hasn't panned out very well.

And what does Obama and Hillary do? Same crap. Regime change in Libya and that is also going to haunt us.

Obama bears responsibility for the increasing debt and it wasn't just from the 2 wars. When was the last time he put forth a balance budget proposal? The last budget he sent over to congress failed miserably, the senate defeated it 98-1. 2012 was defeated 99-0 vote. 2011 was defeated 97-0. Hardly along party lines.

Hillary hasn't even addressed the debt  as far as what action her potential administration would take to lower it. 

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:23:43 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »

So, yes...and no.

Please spare me on the Fox News Schtick. Lets not allow this thread to devolve into calling each other stupid, we have Facebook for that.  ok

I'm just pointing out the source for the recent "doubling the debt" slides.  Thats it. They came from Fox, and were quickly picked up by the Trump campaign and his surrogates.  I'm not assigning any positive or negative "stuff" to that.  I'm just stating that, if debt is your primary issue, the Dems have done better than the repubs, of late, and that the recent info circulating lacks context. Much of that "doubling" lies mostly at the feet at the party who is bitching about it doubling.  That's it.

BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in.

Agreed.

Bill Clinton was the last fiscally responsible President. Bush sent us all $300 checks because the govt had too much of a surplus ( WTF) and then went into Iraq. I think Afgnanistan was justified, but at some point they have to wipe their own ass we cant be there indefinitely for them. This started the debt slide and with Afghanistan & Iraq we got involved in nation building and it hasn't panned out very well.

And what does Obama and Hillary do? Same crap. Regime change in Libya and that is also going to haunt us.

Again, under Obama (meaning the stuff he's actually directly had influence over..citing previous exclusions), debt growth has been comparable to the rate it was under Reagan. Slightly faster than Clinton, MUCH slower than under the Bush presidencies (father or son).  That's just the truth.

Hillary's economic plans look sort of similar to Bill's, but its hard to tell until she pins down some of the specifics.

Obama bears responsibility for the increasing debt and it wasn't just from the 2 wars. When was the last time he put forth a balance budget proposal? The last budget he sent over to congress failed miserably, the senate defeated it 98-1. 2012 was defeated 99-0 vote. 2011 was defeated 97-0. Hardly along party lines.

Some. But not the majority of it.  Again, "slower" deserves some acknowledgement, at least. I'm not saying Obama's been frugal.  But he has SLOWED the dependance on the credit card and, to be honest, the only real way to address debt is to address wages and taxes.  It is as much a revenue issue as it is a spending issue.  And during an economic recovery, it becomes VERY hard to justify tax increases/tax code changes (even on those who probably could afford them).

The last balanced budget proposal put before congress was in the 90's. and it was during a pretty significant economic boon .  I'm not sure if that's the metric, RIGHT NOW, for "good"....and, besides those in the 90's, not since the 70s.  To be sure, his budget proposals had issues. But then, most presidential budget proposals initially are voted down, reworked by Congress (both houses),and ultimately passed.  His budget defeats aren't particularly unusual or historic.

Hillary hasn't even addressed the debt  as far as what action her potential administration would take to lower it. 

She's made some comments that SOUND like her policy is similar to Bills, but...yes....short on specifics at this point.  But then again, nobody has really offered specifics that's running right now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:54:15 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2016, 01:56:32 PM »

I was a Rubio guy.  And Rubio was the one the Clinton camp was most concerned about.

He had a lot of pluses : young vs. old, establishment lifer vs. newer face, not a death sentence with women or minorities

But Chris Christie pretty much cut his head off at that New Hampshire debate.  Been following politics for 20 years and never saw anything like that meltdown.  And that was over the course of, what, like 4 minutes?

Just brutal.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »

I was a Rubio guy.  And Rubio was the one the Clinton camp was most concerned about.

He had a lot of pluses : young vs. old, establishment lifer vs. newer face, not a death sentence with women or minorities

But Chris Christie pretty much cut his head off at that New Hampshire debate.  Been following politics for 20 years and never saw anything like that meltdown.  And that was over the course of, what, like 4 minutes?

Just brutal.

Every. Single. Candidate. (both parties) Sucked. This. Cycle.  Some sucked less than others, but they all sucked.

And we got probably the WORST of the lot, on both sides.

The problem on the Repub side is that most of the "strong" candidates are: the ones the primary voters pretty much eliminate, or have been torn apart by their own parties schitzofrenic nature, or are caught up in scandal (Christie) that make them pariahs in an election.

On the dem side, past Obama, there's just a derth of strong leaders.  Clinton is unlikeable and untrustworthy, with scandal and skeletons aplenty...not to mention..she's seen as much closer to a moderate centrist than the (Sanders-esque) liberal that much of her party craves.  Sanders wasn't terrible, and probably the less "offensive" of the 2 realistic candidates on the dem side, but his more socialist leanings (and I mean that without the right wing stigma associated with them) means he'd have a terrible time in most swing states, and he'd be completely shut out in states that, given Trumps boneheaded nature, Clinton is actually leading or competitive in. 

I'll say it again: They. All. Sucked.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:13:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: