Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:03:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482846 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1060 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

If this White House ever had a shot at getting its act together this is it. Hard to think about who would have a better shot than Kelly to provide discipline to a chaotic west wing.  With the challenges this White House faces from the top down and from the outside, Priebus wasn't up to the task. And Scaramucci was just a dumb mistake. Hoping this is a reset and they start accomplishing some things in Washington. 

As of right now Congress has proven itself to be pathetic.  Accomplished very little and now they take a undeserved summer recess.....

The republicans have all the power though, yet they can't even get their shit together enough to do the one thing they have been swearing they will do for 7 years! How is it even possible for a group that has so much power to be so utterly incompetent and useless?

They are pretty pathetic with how they've handled healthcare. But it's time for Congress to work in a bipartisan way to fix things. There hopefully will be some democratic members that aren't in denial that the ACA is falling apart under its own weight.

It baffles me that probably the richest country in the world does not provide it's citizens with universal healthcare. There is simply no valid reason why you don't.
Realistically you and i both know we have a better chance of winning lotto then them working together.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1061 on: August 02, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »

If this White House ever had a shot at getting its act together this is it. Hard to think about who would have a better shot than Kelly to provide discipline to a chaotic west wing.  With the challenges this White House faces from the top down and from the outside, Priebus wasn't up to the task. And Scaramucci was just a dumb mistake. Hoping this is a reset and they start accomplishing some things in Washington. 

As of right now Congress has proven itself to be pathetic.  Accomplished very little and now they take a undeserved summer recess.....

The republicans have all the power though, yet they can't even get their shit together enough to do the one thing they have been swearing they will do for 7 years! How is it even possible for a group that has so much power to be so utterly incompetent and useless?

They are pretty pathetic with how they've handled healthcare. But it's time for Congress to work in a bipartisan way to fix things. There hopefully will be some democratic members that aren't in denial that the ACA is falling apart under its own weight.

It baffles me that probably the richest country in the world does not provide it's citizens with universal healthcare. There is simply no valid reason why you don't.

We arent exactly " rich" when we are 20 trillion in debt.  And unfortunately universal heath care on a federal level would be a disaster. Do you really think this government, the same one that buys a toilet seat for $700 can effectively manage something as large and complex as that?  I'd be all for it if I thought it could work.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1062 on: August 02, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »

We're almost 8 months in. If you are still trying to convince yourself that this time will be different. This is the guy that can bring a sense of normalcy and semblance of order to the white house where maybe it can actually accomplish something doesn't that set of alarm bells and red flags?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1063 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »

We arent exactly " rich" when we are 20 trillion in debt.  And unfortunately universal heath care on a federal level would be a disaster. Do you really think this government, the same one that buys a toilet seat for $700 can effectively manage something as large and complex as that?  I'd be all for it if I thought it could work.

It is easy actually. You cut military spending, the fucking wall and so many other stupid fucking programs that waste so much money. Your military has tanks and planes that it can't ever use yet keep spending more money for more of them. Seriously man health care is not fucking hard. So many other country's have the blueprint for you to follow.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: August 03, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

It is easy actually. You cut military spending, the fucking wall and so many other stupid fucking programs that waste so much money. Your military has tanks and planes that it can't ever use yet keep spending more money for more of them. Seriously man health care is not fucking hard. So many other country's have the blueprint for you to follow.

You win the F bomb contest with quantity thrown, congrats  ok

Contrary to my screen name, I am not really a senator or a member of the US government,  so when it comes to 'my military' it only consists of a single miniature pinscher. And I cant cut back on him or he'll starve and that wont help anyone get healthcare.

But back to your post......If you take a look at the other countries that have universal healthcare, their populations are a fraction of the US population, hand over the majority of their income to their government in taxes and still have issues such as long wait times and rationing of care.

Also maybe we would have less military spending if these other countries would provide for their own national security instead of us doing it for them.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1065 on: August 03, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »

You win the F bomb contest with quantity thrown, congrats  ok

Contrary to my screen name, I am not really a senator or a member of the US government,  so when it comes to 'my military' it only consists of a single miniature pinscher. And I cant cut back on him or he'll starve and that wont help anyone get healthcare.

But back to your post......If you take a look at the other countries that have universal healthcare, their populations are a fraction of the US population, hand over the majority of their income to their government in taxes and still have issues such as long wait times and rationing of care.

Also maybe we would have less military spending if these other countries would provide for their own national security instead of us doing it for them.

Your military as in the USA's, as I am from Canada. Yes I swear a lot, I'm a Newfie so shoot me. Wink

Every other country spends what they can on their military. I'm not sure which countries you are talking about but here we don't pay the majority of our income on taxes. It's more like30% at most, which is not bad when you consider what you get for that. Our health care isn't bad. I've had the same doctor for 31 years and I can get an appointment pretty much anytime I want. No cost to be seen at an emergency room, or if you are admitted to hospital. Surgeries and other really expensive shit is free too!

If you make under a certain amount of money a year you can also get free prescription, vision and dental coverage too. Otherwise most jobs provide insurance for their employees for little or not cost in some cases.

Wait times for essential life saving procedures don't exist. Non essential procedures you have to wait for. So you may have to wait a few months for a hip replacement. Not a big deal really.

If you guys had a flat 30% tax on income you would more than be able to afford it with the amount of money that would bring in. Health care should be a right and everyone should have a cess to quality care without going bankrupt.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1066 on: August 03, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »

One thing to consider is Canada has one tenth the population of the US and I'm sure the Canadian government is more efficient than ours in that regard. Universal health care on a state level would be something worth trying, the federal government could just block grant health care funds to the states and we can see what works from one state to another.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1067 on: August 03, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »

One thing to consider is Canada has one tenth the population of the US and I'm sure the Canadian government is more efficient than ours in that regard. Universal health care on a state level would be something worth trying, the federal government could just block grant health care funds to the states and we can see what works from one state to another.

There is lots of different ways, it doesn't really matter which one you use. The federal government can afford to do it but republicans will never allow it. It's a shame honestly, every American deserves quality healthcare. Your government owes it to them.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1068 on: August 03, 2017, 05:39:17 PM »

According to the Wall Street journal a grand jury is now involved in the Russia investigation. Mueller is apparently looking into trump family financial ties to Russia. The hole trump is in keep getting deeper and deeper.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1069 on: August 04, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »

According to the Wall Street journal a grand jury is now involved in the Russia investigation. Mueller is apparently looking into trump family financial ties to Russia. The hole trump is in keep getting deeper and deeper.

I know you're cheering for Trump's demise but it  doesn't necessarily mean he is guilty of a crime. It means they've found something, what they've found we don't know yet. Just let it play out.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1070 on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:51 AM »

I know you're cheering for Trump's demise but it  doesn't necessarily mean he is guilty of a crime. It means they've found something, what they've found we don't know yet. Just let it play out.

LOL, you'll still be spewing the same vacuous nonsense even if Trump gets carted out of the White House in an orange jumpsuit. The absolute hilarity of your beloved Trump now being embroiled in a grand jury in light of how you had your panties in a bunch about evil Hillary and her emails is priceless, truly.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1071 on: August 04, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »

He is certainly guilty of trying to obstruct. That is plain to see.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: August 04, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »

Impaneling a grand jury doesn?t necessarily mean criminal indictments will  happen. It does show the pace of the investigation is increasing and that it will continue for awhile. And it means that Mueller will have the power to issue subpoenas for documents & will also get witnesses to testify.  Trump very well could be prosecuted for something, but we arent there.

Try to see this for what it is instead of what you long for it to be. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1073 on: August 04, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »

Impaneling a grand jury doesn?t necessarily mean criminal indictments will  happen. It does show the pace of the investigation is increasing and that it will continue for awhile. And it means that Mueller will have the power to issue subpoenas for documents & will also get witnesses to testify.  Trump very well could be prosecuted for something, but we arent there.

Did I say charges were imminent? I don't think so. You can be guilty of a crime even if you never get charged...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1074 on: August 04, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »

Did I say charges were imminent? I don't think so. You can be guilty of a crime even if you never get charged...

That's true.  Hillary is an example of that.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1075 on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »

That's true.  Hillary is an example of that.

Okay... Just so you know, taking shots at Hillary don't bother me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1076 on: August 04, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »

Lets put the two in perspective though. Hillary perhaps used a non secure email server for classified info. With Trump we are talking about maybe the most serious crime one can commit against ones country, treason and espionage. I mean we know for a fact he's given out classified info to the Russians!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1077 on: August 05, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »

Lets put the two in perspective though. Hillary perhaps used a non secure email server for classified info. With Trump we are talking about maybe the most serious crime one can commit against ones country, treason and espionage. I mean we know for a fact he's given out classified info to the Russians!

Its more than perhaps. It happened. That process should've went  to a grand jury . But Comey overstepped his bounds and closed the case. ( and then opened it again briefly only to shut it again a week out from the election).

We don't know for a fact Trump gave classified info to the Russians. I know much of the news media that have a bias would like people to believe this is a fact.  If we did the investigation would already be over.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1078 on: August 05, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

Its more than perhaps. It happened. That process should've went  to a grand jury . But Comey overstepped his bounds and closed the case. ( and then opened it again briefly only to shut it again a week out from the election).

We don't know for a fact Trump gave classified info to the Russians. I know much of the news media that have a bias would like people to believe this is a fact.  If we did the investigation would already be over.

Trump admitted giving classified (acquired from the Israelis) to the Russians, but since he is president nothing can be done about it.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1079 on: August 05, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Trump admitted giving classified (acquired from the Israelis) to the Russians, but since he is president nothing can be done about it.
It's called espionage, something can be done about it but congress doesn't have the spine to impeach this piece of shit. At least not until they get the tax reform they want so badly. If that goes south i wouldn't be surprised if Trump sinks faster then the titanic.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: