Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482572 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1500 on: February 11, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »

So, which of you devout conservatives shall be campaigning for this fine American? hihi

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/powerpost/wp/2018/02/04/holocaust-denier-running-for-congress-has-no-opponents-in-republican-primary/

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1501 on: February 11, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »

Not sure if there r any devout conservatives in here. Like most free people, the individuals in here who lean right make up our own minds on each issue. But to answer your question, i think i speak for all of the non-leftists when i say we denounce him. As does the republican party.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1502 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1503 on: February 18, 2018, 05:18:50 AM »

Please tell me none of you guys think this Military parade bs is a good idea or this food box idea to replace snap. Also, thoughts on the new indictments?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1504 on: February 18, 2018, 08:50:14 AM »

Please tell me none of you guys think this Military parade bs is a good idea or this food box idea to replace snap. Also, thoughts on the new indictments?

Depends on the type of military parade. A parade for military veterans would be a good thing, however tanks and missiles on display  rolling down Pennsylvania Ave is just stupid. 

Food boxes -Of course you'd need to have different boxes for different diet requirements ( diabetics, food allergies, gluten issues, etc)  it is a good ides to see if it can work to save money.  Would certainly stop food stamp abuse.

Indictments- The Russian involvement in the election is not a hoax as Trump had said, these indictments of 13 Russians prove that. What it also says is that Russia was involved with Pro and anti Trump groups as well as their actions did not affect the results of the election. Russia doesn't give a shit who is running things here, they want chaos and division.

Divided people are easier to influence and control. Its a page out of the progressive democrat  playbook authored by Saul Alinsky.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:52:45 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1505 on: February 19, 2018, 04:07:31 AM »

As explained i think its a terrible idea. It's a bunch of garbage. A bunch of shelf safe crap like canned meat and powdered milk. No fresh fruit and vegetables. but this is an idea from a man who reportedly goes to bed with a big mac every night..

I'm pretty sure he wants the latter parade idea. We already have the former type it's called veterans day.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1506 on: February 19, 2018, 07:58:45 AM »

As explained i think its a terrible idea. It's a bunch of garbage. A bunch of shelf safe crap like canned meat and powdered milk. No fresh fruit and vegetables. but this is an idea from a man who reportedly goes to bed with a big mac every night..

I'm pretty sure he wants the latter parade idea. We already have the former type it's called veterans day.

You got the Trump Big Mac story wrong, the truth is that he eats immigrant children every night  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1507 on: February 20, 2018, 05:44:40 AM »

You got the Trump Big Mac story wrong, the truth is that he eats immigrant children every night  hihi
LOL ok now that was funny.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »

As somebody who lives in NYC with a bunch of NYCHA housing nearby I see the abuse of Food Stamps almost every time I go to the grocery store.  Chips, soda, ice cream, high sugar cereals, cake mix, spaghettios, cookies... the list goes on.  I RARELY see Food Stamp recipients in my supermarket buying the "fresh fruit and vegetables" you mentioned.  It just does not happen.  Part of the problem is that we do not track what Food Stampers are buying.  In a perfect world we'd categorize foods and track what is being purchased using Food Stamps and make adjustments that way.  Unfortunately that just doesn't exist today. 

I do not like government regulation/intervention in general, but this could work and stamp out the rampant fraud that happens with Food Stamps.  If these boxes are based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet and included the foods necessary to achieve the recommended FDA intakes then this could be successful.  It would also in theory cut down on Medicaid costs by correcting the current unhealthy diets of recipients.  The problem is that with government programs comes corruption and abuse.  I am sure this would be no different. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1509 on: February 21, 2018, 07:22:35 AM »

As somebody who lives in NYC with a bunch of NYCHA housing nearby I see the abuse of Food Stamps almost every time I go to the grocery store.  Chips, soda, ice cream, high sugar cereals, cake mix, spaghettios, cookies... the list goes on.  I RARELY see Food Stamp recipients in my supermarket buying the "fresh fruit and vegetables" you mentioned.  It just does not happen.  Part of the problem is that we do not track what Food Stampers are buying.  In a perfect world we'd categorize foods and track what is being purchased using Food Stamps and make adjustments that way.  Unfortunately that just doesn't exist today. 

I do not like government regulation/intervention in general, but this could work and stamp out the rampant fraud that happens with Food Stamps.  If these boxes are based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet and included the foods necessary to achieve the recommended FDA intakes then this could be successful.  It would also in theory cut down on Medicaid costs by correcting the current unhealthy diets of recipients.  The problem is that with government programs comes corruption and abuse.  I am sure this would be no different. 
But it wouldn't based on information i've seen. It would be things like powdered miilk, canned meat. No fruits no vegetables. If the aim is to make sure healthier foods are consumed this idea sucks. It'll be trading crap people buy with food stamps with crap the government picks. This isn't about making low income families healthier, it is about saving the government more money to pay for things like the tax crap.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #1510 on: February 21, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »

But it wouldn't based on information i've seen. It would be things like powdered miilk, canned meat. No fruits no vegetables. If the aim is to make sure healthier foods are consumed this idea sucks. It'll be trading crap people buy with food stamps with crap the government picks. This isn't about making low income families healthier, it is about saving the government more money to pay for things like the tax crap.

Well I have not read any specifics of what will be offered, but as long as its based on the FDA recommended 2,000 calorie per day diet then how could you argue against it?  I agree it sucks for some people on Food Stamps who do use it the way it should.  In fact whenever my wife and I see some one buying produce and meats we breathe a sigh of relief that there are people doing the right thing with the money.  But the abuse we witness far outweighs the good.  If this improves people's diets (canned meat is better than Doritos no matter what you say) then it could be a success.  And if it cuts costs for Food Assistance we all win. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1511 on: February 23, 2018, 02:34:03 AM »

All the articles i've seen at least say it's really not gonna be the stuff that would be really good for us. Now today i see articles saying he wants to cut food stamps by 30%. Not sure on how accurate it is.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1512 on: February 23, 2018, 02:35:24 AM »

Also on Trump's town hall listening thing with the Parkland victims. I you need notes that remind you to say i hear you, i automatically don't believe you give a flying fuck.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1513 on: February 23, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »

Also on Trump's town hall listening thing with the Parkland victims. I you need notes that remind you to say i hear you, i automatically don't believe you give a flying fuck.

That is why he did the listening thing. Because he does give a 'flying fuck'.

GOP doesn't want any new restrictions and the Dems want an arbitrary gun ban that wont accomplish much.  Which is why several shootings later nothing has changed.

Trump is actually taking it all in & trying to get some solutions on the table to address this which is pissing off members of both parties. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1514 on: February 23, 2018, 08:55:49 AM »

Trump is actually taking it all in & trying to get some solutions on the table to address this which is pissing off members of both parties. 

Arming teachers with guns really strikes you as a viable solution? Roll Eyes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #1515 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »

Gun control advocates won't like this, but this is why we have the Second Amendment.  This is a case of the government failing to protect the people during a deadly threat.  If the government won't protect people when there is an active shooter running around a school campus then you need to be able to protect yourself:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-22/he-never-went-officer-duty-filmed-doing-nothing-during-florida-shooting
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1516 on: February 23, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »

#oneless

Arming teachers? That's nuts. More guns than people. Nuts. 2nd amandment. Nuts.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1517 on: February 23, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »

What about pairing police stations with schools?  A shooter would think twice if a soft target became a hardened target. 

I don't think arming all  teachers is a good idea, but allowing teachers to conceal carry that want to who would be able to pass strict guidelines is an idea worth talking about.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1518 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »

What about pairing police stations with schools?  A shooter would think twice if a soft target became a hardened target. 

I don't think arming all  teachers is a good idea, but allowing teachers to conceal carry that want to who would be able to pass strict guidelines is an idea worth talking about.

Would pairing police stations with schools even be financially or logistically possible given the thousands upon thousands of schools in the United States?

Teachers are in schools to teach, not to play Sylvester Stallone and spend their professional development time at a shooting range.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1519 on: February 24, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »

Would pairing police stations with schools even be financially or logistically possible given the thousands upon thousands of schools in the United States?

Teachers are in schools to teach, not to play Sylvester Stallone and spend their professional development time at a shooting range.

What is the harm of having an armed teacher in a situation like what happened last week in South FL? Imagine if the gym teacher there who died had a gun, he could have been more than just a human shield.

And yes, you'd have to figure out the logistics and financial aspect of having police stations at schools. May not work for every school but would be pretty effective.  At the very least a higher police presence is needed.

You have to think beyond outright gun bans. Something like this needs a comprehensive solution, not a simple one that wont be effective.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: