Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482584 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1620 on: March 23, 2018, 01:40:17 AM »

So now we have news Trump tried to pay Karen Mcdougal for sex. So now has Trump paid prostitutes?
Today the stock market dropped by over 700 points, new tariffs are being imposed on China, there's a facebook app data scandal, the national security advisor was replaced and the top private lawyer to the president resigned from that position.... but you and CNN's top story is about a playboy playmate feelings are still hurt because 12 years ago an alleged affair wasn't true love like she had thought.

Trump replaces his national security adviser with a columnist. Please someone tell me this is all a bad dream and i will wake up soon.
John R. Bolton
Education: Yale Law School, Yale University
United States Assistant Attorney General - 1988-1989
Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs - 1989-1993
Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs - 2001-2005
United States Ambassador to the United Nations - 2005-2006

John Bolton is a war criminal. He is responsible for the Iraq war. He also is advocating for war with Iran and North Korea. That's not someone you want as national security advisor.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1621 on: March 23, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »

Bolton is a surprising pick. We knew McMaster was heading for the exit at some point, but Bolton is an odd choice considering Trump's view on Iraq vs his.

If the mustache is gone next month we will know why.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1622 on: March 23, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »

This is fucked up. I wish Trump wouldn't sign this and send it back to Congress so they can read the damn thing before they pass it. Our govt is broken.

Congressmen Had 1,000 Minutes to Read 2,232-Page $1.3T Bill

Members of the House of Representatives had 1,000 minutes?overnight?to read a 2,232-page bill that spends $1.3 trillion.

On Wednesday, March 21, the House Appropriations Committee put out a press release headlined ?Government-Wide Funding Legislation Released.?

?The bill contains the full legislation and funding for all of the 12 annual Appropriations bills,? said the release. ?It totals $1.3 trillion, including $78.1 billion in funding for the Global War on Terror (GWOT)/Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO). Total base funding, excluding OCO and emergencies, is $1.2 trillion.?

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/terence-p-jeffrey/congressmen-had-1000-minutes-over-night-read-2232-page-13t-bill

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1623 on: March 23, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »

So now we have news Trump tried to pay Karen Mcdougal for sex. So now has Trump paid prostitutes?
Today the stock market dropped by over 700 points, new tariffs are being imposed on China, there's a facebook app data scandal, the national security advisor was replaced and the top private lawyer to the president resigned from that position.... but you and CNN's top story is about a playboy playmate feelings are still hurt because 12 years ago an alleged affair wasn't true love like she had thought.

Trump replaces his national security adviser with a columnist. Please someone tell me this is all a bad dream and i will wake up soon.
John R. Bolton
Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs - 2001-2005

John Bolton is a war criminal. He is responsible for the Iraq war. He also is advocating for war with Iran and North Korea. That's not someone you want as national security advisor.

But is he a pro-life "defender of religious freedoms"? That's all that matters hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1624 on: March 23, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »

John R. Bolton

And, in 2005, couldn't get past a Senate Confirmation hearing because he was such a hard line whakadoodle. In a republican controlled senate. As a Bush appointee.

Bush appointed him, in recess, to the Ambassadorship to the UN.  When the senate returned, they refused to confirm him.  So it might be best to mark that last bit on his resume with a big old asterisk *.

And his current occupation is, mainly, as a fox consultant and columnist.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:51:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1625 on: March 23, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »

John R. Bolton

But is he a pro-life "defender of religious freedoms"? That's all that matters hihi

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1626 on: March 24, 2018, 01:50:06 AM »

John R. Bolton

And, in 2005, couldn't get past a Senate Confirmation hearing because he was such a hard line whakadoodle. In a republican controlled senate. As a Bush appointee.

Bush appointed him, in recess, to the Ambassadorship to the UN.  When the senate returned, they refused to confirm him.  So it might be best to mark that last bit on his resume with a big old asterisk *.

So how long you think we got before he starts the next world war?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1627 on: March 24, 2018, 01:51:04 AM »

This is fucked up. I wish Trump wouldn't sign this and send it back to Congress so they can read the damn thing before they pass it. Our govt is broken.

Members of the House of Representatives had 1,000 minutes?overnight?to read a 2,232-page bill that spends $1.3 trillion.

On Wednesday, March 21, the House Appropriations Committee put out a press release headlined ?Government-Wide Funding Legislation Released.?

?The bill contains the full legislation and funding for all of the 12 annual Appropriations bills,? said the release. ?It totals $1.3 trillion, including $78.1 billion in funding for the Global War on Terror (GWOT)/Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO). Total base funding, excluding OCO and emergencies, is $1.2 trillion.?

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/terence-p-jeffrey/congressmen-had-1000-minutes-over-night-read-2232-page-13t-bill
Quite honestly i am shocked he signed it. It doesn't pay for his precious wall nor does it have any resolution to DACA that he wanted.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1628 on: March 24, 2018, 01:52:43 AM »

John R. Bolton

Who also today we found out has ties to Russia and Cambridge Analytica.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1629 on: March 24, 2018, 01:57:42 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-issues-order-supporting-ban-on-many-transgender-troops-defers-to-pentagon-on-new-restrictions/2018/03/23/cf257aa0-2ecd-11e8-b0b0-f706877db618_story.html

Friend of the LGBTQ community huh?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1630 on: March 24, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »

Quite honestly i am shocked he signed it. It doesn't pay for his precious wall nor does it have any resolution to DACA that he wanted.

Trump complained about the spending then signed it anyway because it had a huge military budget within it.  I bet Mattis played a huge part in convincing him to sign it.

Some of the garbage Ive heard that is in this thing - granted these are drops in the bucket when looking at this as a whole, but still.......A cultural antiquities taskforce was creted ( WTF is that)? and money for dance choreography that explores life in a ?1961 Oasis trailer,? to be performed in parking lots and community parks with ?audience participation.'  Funding to determine if  japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on cocaine ( where do Japanese Quail get the cocaine? From their dealer I'm guessing?). More laughable spending... teaching sea monkeys how to swim in formation, teaching land monkeys how to gamble, running shrimp on tiny treadmills, running mountain lions on giant treadmills & money to study watching humans play FarmVille, I guess when it is 2000+ pages you can sneak shit like this in there. This is OUR tax dollars at work, folks.

Bottom line, there will be repercussions for Trump and the republicans in congress that voted for this.   As there should be. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1631 on: March 25, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »

Trump complained about the spending then signed it anyway because it had a huge military budget within it.  I bet Mattis played a huge part in convincing him to sign it.

Some of the garbage Ive heard that is in this thing - granted these are drops in the bucket when looking at this as a whole, but still.......A cultural antiquities taskforce was creted ( WTF is that)? and money for dance choreography that explores life in a ?1961 Oasis trailer,? to be performed in parking lots and community parks with ?audience participation.'  Funding to determine if  japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on cocaine ( where do Japanese Quail get the cocaine? From their dealer I'm guessing?). More laughable spending... teaching sea monkeys how to swim in formation, teaching land monkeys how to gamble, running shrimp on tiny treadmills, running mountain lions on giant treadmills & money to study watching humans play FarmVille, I guess when it is 2000+ pages you can sneak shit like this in there. This is OUR tax dollars at work, folks.

Bottom line, there will be repercussions for Trump and the republicans in congress that voted for this.   As there should be. 
We need to start a new show called on the next episode of you can't make this shit up. I see a lot of people in congress and the senate being fired this November.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1632 on: March 27, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »

What's REALLY funny is this:  There is no way any Repub would have voted for this budget if a) It was a dem sponsored bill, in a dem controlled house or b) There was a dem president.

They spent how many years bitching about deficits and spending run amok?  The fiscal irresponsibility in this bill is remarkable. Where is the fiscal conservativism?

Never mind that it funds things that Repubs have repeatedly stated they are against.  And while I'm not complaining about some of them, it is REMARKABLE the difference that comes from "obstructing" vs "governing".

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1633 on: March 27, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »

It's easier to obstruct than to govern.  The Obamacare repeal is a prime example. They all voted for it when they knew it would be vetoed.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1634 on: March 28, 2018, 02:35:04 AM »

The US is borrowing a record 300 billion dollars this week. Let that sink in.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: March 28, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »

So pretty much the GOP says they're the party of fiscal responsibility and spend money like the Democrats.  When Libertarians say both parties are the same,  in that respect  that are right. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1636 on: March 29, 2018, 04:18:35 AM »

What's everyone's thoughts on the gerrymandering cases the Supreme court is finally starting to hear? Will it have any real impact on the midterms?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1637 on: March 29, 2018, 06:59:18 AM »

What's everyone's thoughts on the gerrymandering cases the Supreme court is finally starting to hear? Will it have any real impact on the midterms?

I mean, that obviously depends on the outcomes and how quickly they come

But, having said that....I think the PA case will definitely have an effect.

I suspect the cases in North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Maryland will all be decided "too late" for the new districts to be considered for 2018.  I expect that, even if the SCOTUS orders new maps drawn...the won't order them to go into effect for the November elections. NC's already approaching the deadline for declaring candidacy.  I just don't think the SCOTUS would want to take on disenfranchising, potentially, voters by messing with those deadlines.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2018, 02:01:45 AM »

I mean, that obviously depends on the outcomes and how quickly they come

But, having said that....I think the PA case will definitely have an effect.

I suspect the cases in North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Maryland will all be decided "too late" for the new districts to be considered for 2018.  I expect that, even if the SCOTUS orders new maps drawn...the won't order them to go into effect for the November elections. NC's already approaching the deadline for declaring candidacy.  I just don't think the SCOTUS would want to take on disenfranchising, potentially, voters by messing with those deadlines.
Good point, i think those cases will be decided too late too. Should be interesting to see how they affect 2019 and 2020.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1639 on: April 02, 2018, 01:09:48 AM »

Apparently Trump celebrates Easter by announcing there will be no DACA deal. What a shitbag.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: