Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482555 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1960 on: August 15, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »

As Piferk has said there's plenty of evidence Trump has done things that could be impeachable offenses. Not necessarily crimes in a legal sense but that isn't need for impeachment. A quick rundown of things that could be impeachable.

https://www.needtoimpeach.com/impeachable-offenses/

There's also this, a possible direct violation of Emoulents clause. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-d-c-hotel-clubhouse-his-fans-may-also-n898041

Is needtoimpeach.com a politically biased site?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1961 on: August 15, 2018, 08:53:38 AM »

The jury is still out on the effectiveness of the tariffs and unfortunately there is no way around them affecting some US businesses. But longer term they could play a role in correcting the huge trade imbalances we have.  China has backed down on the Oil tarriffs.

U.S. Oil Vanishing From Chinese Tariffs Reveals America's Clout

The removal of U.S. crude from goods targeted by Chinese tariffs is a sign that America has become too big to ignore in the oil market.

Less than two months after threatening to impose levies on imports of U.S. crude, the world’s biggest oil buyer has now spared the commodity. Only fuels such as diesel, gasoline, propane will be hit with duties on Aug. 23, according to China’s commerce ministry. That’s after the nation’s buyers, including top refiner Sinopec, began shunning American supplies to avoid the risk of tariffs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-09/u-s-oil-vanishing-from-chinese-tariffs-reveals-america-s-clout

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1962 on: August 15, 2018, 08:56:56 AM »

Contrary to some opinions around here,  the sky is NOT falling.

US retail sales increase strongly in July

U.S. retail sales rose more than expected in July as households boosted purchases of motor vehicles and clothing, suggesting the economy remained strong early in the third quarter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/us-retail-sales-july-2018.html

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1963 on: August 15, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »

U.S. retail sales rose more than expected in July as households boosted purchases of motor vehicles and clothing, suggesting the economy remained strong early in the third quarter.

Since I've corrected you over and over again, and NOBODY here has said the economy is doing poorly, I'm now going to call a spade a spade.

You are lying.

Nobody here has said the economy is doing poorly or expressed an opinion that the sky is falling

Only that Trump has very little, if not nothing, to do with the current economy.

And every time you misrepresent that, now, I'm going to call it what it is: A lie.

On the content of the article: Notice the June numbers were also all revised down (after reporting very similar numbers to July and very similar increases).

Trends look pretty flat, to slightly down, so far....and inflation is ticking up.

2017 was the worst year for job growth in more than 6+ years.

Trumps first 18 months have seen slower job growth/less jobs created vs Obamas last 18 months.

Is there evidence of  a looming recession in the next year? Probably not.

Is there evidence of a looming economic boom in the next year? No.

We are in an economic plateau, of sorts, right now and have been for about 18 months.  Slow growth being offset by increased inflation. 

That's what the numbers say.  We are not in dire economic circumstances. The economy is not doing poorly. BUT, we are also not "in the best economy ever recorded" or headed toward that mark with any real speed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:46:08 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1964 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:04 PM »

The jury is still out on the effectiveness of the tariffs and unfortunately there is no way around them affecting some US businesses. But longer term they could play a role in correcting the huge trade imbalances we have.  China has backed down on the Oil tarriffs.

U.S. Oil Vanishing From Chinese Tariffs Reveals America's Clout

The removal of U.S. crude from goods targeted by Chinese tariffs is a sign that America has become too big to ignore in the oil market.

Less than two months after threatening to impose levies on imports of U.S. crude, the world’s biggest oil buyer has now spared the commodity. Only fuels such as diesel, gasoline, propane will be hit with duties on Aug. 23, according to China’s commerce ministry. That’s after the nation’s buyers, including top refiner Sinopec, began shunning American supplies to avoid the risk of tariffs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-09/u-s-oil-vanishing-from-chinese-tariffs-reveals-america-s-clout

Repubs have, for my entire life (until now) railed against how terrible tariffs are for the market and how ineffective they are in moving policy or economic indicators.  A principal I have long agreed with them on (as have most economists), since the days of Reagan.

My, what an about face for the party!  I wonder what suddenly, in the course of just 18 months, changed their minds and dislodged them from a position they've held for 30+ years?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:23:31 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1965 on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:58 PM »

Since I've corrected you over and over again, and NOBODY here has said the economy is doing poorly, I'm now going to call a spade a spade.

You are lying.

Nobody here has said the economy is doing poorly or expressed an opinion that the sky is falling

Only that Trump has very little, if not nothing, to do with the current economy.

And every time you misrepresent that, now, I'm going to call it what it is: A lie.

I knew you'd come in here with guns blazing when you saw this.   rofl

Maybe you'll give Trump credit for something when Obama isn't visible anymore in the rearview mirror.  Are you sure it isn't still Bush's fault?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1966 on: August 15, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »

You are lying.

I knew you'd come in here with guns blazing when you saw this.   rofl

Maybe you'll give Trump credit for something when Obama isn't visible anymore in the rearview mirror.  Are you sure it isn't still Bush's fault?

The only thing blazing here were/are your pants. They are definitely on fire.

But maybe someday you wont feel the need to lie in a discussion.

One can dream.

But I have my doubts.

I'll give Trump credit when/if he does something with the economy to deserve it. Just like I did when the NK prisoners were brought home. So far, he hasn't.

When will you call him out for all the STUPID shit he does?

Oh, right.....hypocrisy and pearl clutching is all you can manage. Oh, and outright lying.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:23:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1967 on: August 15, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »

I've called Trump out when he does or says something that is stupid. Go back and look at my posts.

I'm a liar because I've brought up that some here ( yourself included ) appear to be in a state of hyperventilation over Trump?

Whatever, trying to have some fun with it. This may as well be facebook at this point.... Sad

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1968 on: August 15, 2018, 08:02:25 PM »

I've called Trump out when he does or says something that is stupid. Go back and look at my posts.

I have.

VERY Occasional Wishy washy statements like "trump sometimes says stupid things" is hardly calling him out. Neither is "not trumps best momemt". Not when you direct rampant, specific, outrage at those on the other side saying and doing far less.

I'm a liar because I've brought up that some here ( yourself included ) appear to be in a state of hyperventilation over Trump?

1) i didnt call you a liar. I said you lied. One speaks to habit. The other to a specific instance.

2) Thats not what you said and you know it.

You specifically said people around here think the economy is bad, and the economic sky is falling.

You lied. You misrepresented the viewpoints other people have expressed, after being corrected at least 3 times.

If you dont like your lie being pointed out, don't lie.

Whatever, trying to have some fun with it. This may as well be facebook at this point.... Sad

Oh, we should be trying to have fun with it by lying? Should i now lie about your point of view? Or say you want to eat babies and steal from your customers?

No, because that would be a lie, and one i know is not true. You know full well nobody her has said the sky is falling in relation to the economy. You know this because you have had it pointed out to you over and over. And yet....you chose the lie. To be funny, to be disingenuous, to be an asshole.....it doesnt matter why. A lie is a lie is a lie.,

No, this ISN'T facebook. Thats the point. You cant retreat to your safe space/echo chamber and have your lies go unchallenged. You cant spout talking points and not be asked for proof.

You want to be able to express your opinion and have it accepted, unchallenged. Thats not gonna happen. Its NOT facebook. Go post on infowars, breitbart, or the fox news comments section if you need that kind of affirmation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:09:32 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1969 on: August 15, 2018, 09:33:45 PM »

Since nobody had brought it up yet, I guess I'll be the one. The tapes being released. Thoughts?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1970 on: August 15, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »

Since nobody had brought it up yet, I guess I'll be the one. The tapes being released. Thoughts?

The O tapes from a couple days ago?

Meh.

New tapes? I've been working/in class most of the day and haven't really read much "new" news today.  New tapes out today?

The only news I've heard about is the revoking of Brennan's security clearance and the review of others clearance.

I'm not surprised by either the action (because Trump is a vindictive prick, if nothing else) or the timing (they want to get O's story out of the press).  It's stupid, obviously politically motivated, and yet another deviation from the norm.  But it's hardly the worst thing Trump has done or said since taking office.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:58:25 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1971 on: August 15, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »

I just meant the tapes as a whole. Nothing new has been released that I'm aware of today.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1972 on: August 16, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »

I have.

VERY Occasional Wishy washy statements like "trump sometimes says stupid things" is hardly calling him out. Neither is "not trumps best momemt". Not when you direct rampant, specific, outrage at those on the other side saying and doing far less.

1) i didnt call you a liar. I said you lied. One speaks to habit. The other to a specific instance.

2) Thats not what you said and you know it.

You specifically said people around here think the economy is bad, and the economic sky is falling.

You lied. You misrepresented the viewpoints other people have expressed, after being corrected at least 3 times.

If you dont like your lie being pointed out, don't lie.

Oh, we should be trying to have fun with it by lying? Should i now lie about your point of view? Or say you want to eat babies and steal from your customers?

No, because that would be a lie, and one i know is not true. You know full well nobody her has said the sky is falling in relation to the economy. You know this because you have had it pointed out to you over and over. And yet....you chose the lie. To be funny, to be disingenuous, to be an asshole.....it doesnt matter why. A lie is a lie is a lie.,

No, this ISN'T facebook. Thats the point. You cant retreat to your safe space/echo chamber and have your lies go unchallenged. You cant spout talking points and not be asked for proof.

You want to be able to express your opinion and have it accepted, unchallenged. Thats not gonna happen. Its NOT facebook. Go post on infowars, breitbart, or the fox news comments section if you need that kind of affirmation.

I have no problem with anyone challenging my opinion, but I do have a problem with people putting words in my mouth or claim to know the thoughts in my head. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1973 on: August 16, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »

I have no problem with anyone challenging my opinion, but I do have a problem with people putting words in my mouth or claim to know the thoughts in my head. 

You mean like this?

Yeah, I can see how that might be annoying....when someone misrepresents your views. Intentionally.

Luckily for you, nobody here has done that to you.

But you keep playing the victim card.  As I've said before, it's a GREAT look on you.

We've now covered the internet "called out in a lie" playbook:

1) I did it to get a reaction (hyperbole)
2) I was just trying to be funny
3) That's not what I meant
4) I'm the victim here...woe is me.

Next is denial (usually coupled with non-sensical semantic games).

How about, instead, you just apologize and pledge not to do it again? 

Sorry, I know...that's WAY to much to ask/expect....pipe dreams.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:25:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1974 on: August 16, 2018, 09:11:11 PM »

It is amazing how much time and effort you are putting into analyzing and the spin youre putting into my posts, perhaps I should feel honored......

Taking a break from our pissing match for awhile. You win by attrition or being more full of piss.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1975 on: August 16, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »

It is amazing how much time and effort you are putting into analyzing and the spin youre putting into my posts, perhaps I should feel honored......

It's amazing how much time and effort you're putting into trying to wiggle out from under your own words, rather than just taking ownership of them (and admitting you lied, apologizing, and moving on).  Perhaps I should be amused by the irony......

And by the by....this isn't effort.  This is an easy distraction.

Taking a break from our pissing match for awhile. You win by attrition or being more full of piss.

You do that.  Go find your safe space/echo chamber.  That way you can come back, later, and spout more talking points that you can't back up with data or facts!!! And maybe have some "fun" with some new lies!!!

It's always fun/nice to have new material to dismantle.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:53:35 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1976 on: August 17, 2018, 10:50:24 AM »

The tapes released yesterday, where O was offered a "do nothing" position with Trump 2020, at 180k a year, for her silence...those are a bigger deal.

They speak to campaign corruption and racketeering as well as bribery.  I'm not sure they rise to the level of illegal, but they would certainly make me second guess giving money to his campaign if I were a Repub. We already know that a chunk of those donations, back in 2016, went to paying off women who had affairs with Trump. IDK about you, but if I found out a candidate I had donated money to was misusing my donation that way, I'd be FUCKING PISSED.

And if, by way of example, Clinton (either of them) or Obama were caught doing similar things with their campaign donations, the Repubs would be calling for their heads (and their resignations, along with the resignation of their campaign chairman and anyone in the administration who knew about it).

Wanna know how I know that?

Because in 2016, the right wing media circulated a story that Hillary had paid out 250k "to herself" from her campaign and for 3 days it was all over conservative media.  They were calling for her head, for her to drop out of the race, for her to be fined (or worse) by the FEC.

Then, of course, it turned out someone had misread something (or didn't understand the filings) and she had actually just made 250k in "in kind" donations to her own campaign.  Which is perfectly legal.

Have you noticed any conservative outrage about these new reports? About the misuses for payoffs previously?

Of course you haven't. And in this case, there is ACTUALLY something to be outraged over.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1977 on: August 17, 2018, 10:52:45 PM »

Now she says she has videos, emails and texts. This could get juicy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1978 on: August 18, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »

Robin Roberts said it best:  Bye, Felicia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5asgDQQcELs

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1979 on: August 18, 2018, 10:51:46 PM »

Robin Roberts said it best:  Bye, Felicia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5asgDQQcELs

And? We know she's a horrible person but she has evidence to back up her claims. Plus Trump had hired her 3 times. So what's that say about him? What happened to hiring only the best people?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: