Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 485107 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2000 on: August 30, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

And another remark from captain idiot. The democrats will quickly and violently undo everything he's done if they win. How? Does this dipstick have any understanding how how government works?

The guy is basically having paranoid delusions, and has become pretty much unhinged, on Twitter.  USUALLY that happens right before another big, damaging, story breaks, but.....maybe he's just gone over the edge during his "executive time".

Lester Holt "fudged" the tape?  Um...no.  We have the UNEDITED tape.  You said EXACTLY what they put on TV.

The MEDIA lies? Really? From the guy who wouldn't know the truth it walked up to him and licked the cheeto dust off his face? He even lies (multiple times) in the tweets about the media lying!!

Please. 

For anyone who rhinks they should believe Trump over their own eyes and ears, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn and some prime real estate for sale down in Florida. 

PT Barnum is our president.....and people keep buying tickets.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:09:47 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2001 on: August 30, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »

3 words, paranoid delusional psychosis. Now he's trying to say China hacked Hillary's emails.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2002 on: August 30, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

3 words, paranoid delusional psychosis. Now he's trying to say China hacked Hillary's emails.

Yes, because that's what Fox News told him!

Sourcing a right wing nutty conspiracy theory site that actually has zero evidence of it happening.

But, you know.....thats Trump for ya!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2003 on: August 31, 2018, 01:14:06 AM »

Trump cancels COL pay raise for government workers cause we can't afford it. Are we winning yet?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2004 on: August 31, 2018, 02:00:17 AM »

https://abc7chicago.com/california-man-charged-with-threats-to-boston-globe-over-trump-editorials/4101871/ What's that about the left becoming violent?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2005 on: August 31, 2018, 07:37:46 AM »

Trump cancels COL pay raise for government workers cause we can't afford it. Are we winning yet?

The funny thing about this?

The way caps work, it actually saves taxpayers a whopping $0 dollars.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2006 on: August 31, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »

Ford has now cancelled the active model due to Trump tariffs. So much winning I can't stand it!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2007 on: September 04, 2018, 05:19:04 AM »

Now Trump is slamming the biggest worker union in the US and Sessions for indicting actual criminals who broke the law saying its unfair so close to the election. Hey dipshit, maybe they shouldn't have broken the law? Then there would be no indictments. Seriously, when will enough be enough for his base?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2008 on: September 04, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »

The base will start to move away from Trump if  his actions lead to actual issues which negatively affect their everyday lives. ( ie economy, threat of or involvement in a new war, etc)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:50:53 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2009 on: September 04, 2018, 12:33:39 PM »

American manufacturers growing at fastest pace in 14 years, ISM finds

Published: Sept 4, 2018 12:00 p.m. ET

ISM manufacturing index leaps to 61.3% in August

The numbers: American manufacturers are on a roll: Business conditions surged in August to a 14-year high, according to a a survey of industry executives.

The Institute for Supply Management said its manufacturing index jumped to a 14-year high of 61.3% last month from 58.1% in July. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had forecast the index to total 57.9%.

Readings over 50% indicate more companies are expanding instead of shrinking.

What happened: The ISM’s new-orders index climbed 3.2 points to 65.1% and the employment gauge rose 2 points to 58.5%. Some 16 of the 18 industries tracked by ISM reported expanding in August.

The ISM index is compiled from a survey of executives who order raw materials and other supplies for their companies. The gauge tends to rise or fall in tandem with the health of the economy.

Big picture: Growth in the U.S. economy exploded in the spring and the third quarter that got underway in July is also shaping up to be a good one. The economy is firing on almost all cylinders, though the persistent threat of a broader trade war continues to threaten recent gains.

Also Read: The rampaging economy is pushing unemployment to lowest level since 1960s

As an illustration, one of the few industries to contract in August was “primary metals,” a grouping that includes steel and aluminum producers. U.S. tariffs and retaliatory foreign measures have made it harder to obtain key metals at stable prices.

Prices for raw materials are also on the higher side, though inflationary pressures have eased a bit lately, executives said.

“While demand remains quite upbeat, rising inflation and trade-related uncertainties are pressuring margins and causing businesses to plan cautiously for the year ahead,” said Gregory Daco, chief U.S. economist at Oxford Economics.

What they saying?: “Business continues to be strong. We anticipate growth in the next few months,” an executive at a maker of plastics and rubber products told ISM.

Another senior executive at a maker of fabricated-metal products said “the toughest thing we deal with is the unknown. Dealing with tariffs on steel purchases and not knowing if or when they will end makes planning difficult.”

Market reaction: The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.43% and the S&P 500 SPX, -0.46% fell in Tuesday trades. The stock market has retreated in the past few days after a flareup in trade tensions between Canada and the Trump administration.

The 10-year Treasury yield TMUBMUSD10Y, +1.21% rose slightly to 2.90%. Bond yields had climbed to as high 3% earlier this year before retreating on persistent trade tensions.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/american-manufacturers-growing-at-fastest-pace-in-14-years-ism-finds-2018-09-04

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2010 on: September 06, 2018, 10:49:39 PM »

What in the hell is with Trump's tweet about Kim Jung In today? How can anyone see that and not be like WTF?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2011 on: September 12, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »

Did you guys know hurricanes are tremendous but and tremendous wet?  rofl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2012 on: September 18, 2018, 02:35:50 PM »

I will never be able to play Mario Kart again...

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2013 on: September 18, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »

It's nice to see Trump lying about Nato expenditures again.  Polls show it's a loser issue for him, now, because it's fallacy has been discussed to death.

Someone needs to tell him that everyone watching now knows how big of a lie this is, and every time he tells it, the world laughs at him.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:02:49 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2014 on: September 21, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »

I never said i want an isolated US. i thank God we are not under China influence, for example. BUT there is a big difference between being free and standing for convenience by someone's side. And trust me, USA never do anything for nothing...Don't portrait your country like it's blessed by God or like it's a non profit organization...

You didn't specifically say it, but it's the logical jump given what you DID say.

I don't (didn't) say the US isn't looking out for their own best interests (though we can argue the non-profit thing, given our national debt).  That's sort of a "no shit" position.

But nor should you expect the US to act as a (the) silent piggy bank for the world, who then keeps their thumb out of the pie.  That's an unrealistic expectation.  You mentioned a couple very specific instances where the US acted in it's best interest, and not Italys.   My suggestion is then that if you want them to NOT have a large enough role on the global stage to do stuff like that, then you should get the rest of the world to stop taking the aid, resources, and military support that goes along with it.

Which, of course, is exactly what you don't want.  But you can't have it both ways.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:11:16 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2015 on: September 21, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »

1) A minority of people voted for him. He lost the popular, national vote by about 3 million votes.
There's a reason why we use the Electoral College to elect a president.

I'm aware, which is why I made the point I did.

And it remains: The majority of voters didn't vote for him.

Right?

It doesn't matter  a whit WHERE the margin was, the fact is...she won the popular vote.

I'm not trying to delegitimize his election or questioning why he's president.  I'm pointing out that assuming he has the support of the majority of the country (he doesn't...not by election results or by job approval ratings), just because he was elected, is a faulty assumption.

Given his polling numbers in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Michigan....assuming he'd get elected again, even in EC, isn't a safe bet, either.  We'll see in about 2 years, 6 weeks or so.

In California alone - where I'm guessing Axl is registered to vote* - Hillary got over 4.2 million more votes than President Trump.
And as you and others have pointed out, President Trump lost the national popular vote by ONLY about 3 million.

*On Topic  Tongue

Source of statistical info:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/22/novembers-presidential-election-broke-records-in-california/

Clinton received 62.6 percent of the statewide vote, topping Donald Trump by more than 4.2 million votes, the largest margin of victory in California for a presidential candidate since 1936.

Almost 20 million Californians were registered to vote prior to Election Day 2016, an all-time high.

About 14.6 million Californians — roughly the population of the six states in New England and more than the population of all but four U.S. states as of 2015 — cast ballots in the Nov. 8 presidential election, according to results certified by Secretary of State Alex Padilla.

I don't get your point?

California, Texas, Florida and New York are the most populous states in the country.  Of course more people voted in those states than in other states?

Clinton won New York by another 1.8 million votes.

And lost Texas by 1.9 million votes.

It doesn't matter where the margin is...just that it exists.

It's akin to me saying "Well, if it weren't for Texas, Clinton would have won by 5 MILLION VOTES!".  It just doesn't matter.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:13:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2016 on: September 21, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »

The base will start to move away from Trump if  his actions lead to actual issues which negatively affect their everyday lives. ( ie economy, threat of or involvement in a new war, etc)

No, they won't. They've already proven this.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2017 on: September 21, 2018, 05:13:06 PM »

It's nice to see Trump lying about Nato expenditures again.  Polls show it's a loser issue for him, now, because it's fallacy has been discussed to death.

Someone needs to tell him that everyone watching now knows how big of a lie this is, and every time he tells it, the world laughs at him.

You would think, but two guys I work with were just repeating it. And they're not necessarily Trump supporters. It's disturbing how people will just believe things they hear uncritically.

American manufacturers growing at fastest pace in 14 years, ISM finds

Published: Sept 4, 2018 12:00 p.m. ET

ISM manufacturing index leaps to 61.3% in August

The numbers: American manufacturers are on a roll: Business conditions surged in August to a 14-year high, according to a a survey of industry executives.

The Institute for Supply Management said its manufacturing index jumped to a 14-year high of 61.3% last month from 58.1% in July. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had forecast the index to total 57.9%.

Readings over 50% indicate more companies are expanding instead of shrinking.

What happened: The ISM’s new-orders index climbed 3.2 points to 65.1% and the employment gauge rose 2 points to 58.5%. Some 16 of the 18 industries tracked by ISM reported expanding in August.

The ISM index is compiled from a survey of executives who order raw materials and other supplies for their companies. The gauge tends to rise or fall in tandem with the health of the economy.

Big picture: Growth in the U.S. economy exploded in the spring and the third quarter that got underway in July is also shaping up to be a good one. The economy is firing on almost all cylinders, though the persistent threat of a broader trade war continues to threaten recent gains.

Also Read: The rampaging economy is pushing unemployment to lowest level since 1960s

As an illustration, one of the few industries to contract in August was “primary metals,” a grouping that includes steel and aluminum producers. U.S. tariffs and retaliatory foreign measures have made it harder to obtain key metals at stable prices.

Prices for raw materials are also on the higher side, though inflationary pressures have eased a bit lately, executives said.

“While demand remains quite upbeat, rising inflation and trade-related uncertainties are pressuring margins and causing businesses to plan cautiously for the year ahead,” said Gregory Daco, chief U.S. economist at Oxford Economics.

What they saying?: “Business continues to be strong. We anticipate growth in the next few months,” an executive at a maker of plastics and rubber products told ISM.

Another senior executive at a maker of fabricated-metal products said “the toughest thing we deal with is the unknown. Dealing with tariffs on steel purchases and not knowing if or when they will end makes planning difficult.”

Market reaction: The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.43% and the S&P 500 SPX, -0.46% fell in Tuesday trades. The stock market has retreated in the past few days after a flareup in trade tensions between Canada and the Trump administration.

The 10-year Treasury yield TMUBMUSD10Y, +1.21% rose slightly to 2.90%. Bond yields had climbed to as high 3% earlier this year before retreating on persistent trade tensions.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/american-manufacturers-growing-at-fastest-pace-in-14-years-ism-finds-2018-09-04

Now, tell us what policy of Trump's has caused that directly and why it's not part of the continuation of Obama's economy. I'll wait...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2018 on: September 21, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

Who here is convinced that if a democrat had won the election, the USA would now be like Venezuela?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2019 on: September 21, 2018, 09:22:52 PM »

No, they won't. They've already proven this.

Exactly.

Things like tariffs, for example, are directly hurting Trumps base. Farmers, steelworkers...literally the heartland where trades are more common than college educations.

Theres a bunch of examples of this....of Trump taking positions, or not following through on campaign promises, or issuing EOs that are literally contrary to his base's interests.

They dont care.  They make excuses and rah rah with their maga hats on.

Trump has been right about precisely one thing: he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth ave and not lose one vote.

Think about that for a second, and what it means about his base.

Who is it that has Trump Derangement Syndrome, again?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:36:39 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: