Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 484772 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2240 on: November 13, 2018, 12:47:55 AM »

Well, at least now we know how to defeat Trump in 2020.

We just need some buckets of water!

Every day i think there's no way he could get anymore disgraceful and then he does.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2241 on: November 13, 2018, 12:49:37 AM »

And more good news for women. Krysten Sinema has become Arizona's first woman senator as well as the first openly bisexual US senator. Depending on how Florida shakes out and the Mississippi runoff goes, democrats could end up losing nothing at all while gaining a ton. That would put us in good position in 2020 in the senate. It was a blue wave just not in the senate. Republicans had a opportunity to really pile on in the senate with all the blue seats up in republican states and at most now they'll gain 2. The overwhelming message of this election is women coming out and starting to say old white guys your time is up.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:48:30 AM by tim_m » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2242 on: November 13, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »

And more good news for women. Krysten Sinema has become Arizona's first woman senator as well as the first openly bisexual US senator. Depending on how Florida shakes out and the Mississippi runoff goes, democrats could end up losing nothing at all while gaining a ton. That would put us in good position in 2020 in the senate. It was a blue wave just not in the senate. Republicans had a opportunity to really pile on in the senate with all the blue seats up in republican states and at most now they'll gain 2. The overwhelming message of this election is women coming out and starting to say old white guys your time is up.

I assume you are aware that Sinema ran against another woman, so either way they were getting a white female senator.   

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2243 on: November 13, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »

I assume you are aware that Sinema ran against another woman, so either way they were getting a white female senator.   

Of course but with Sinema we get a second historical first.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2244 on: November 14, 2018, 10:11:16 AM »

Not sure why that matters.  If we don't look down on or discriminate against people for their sexuality, then I don't understand handing out kudos for it either.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2245 on: November 14, 2018, 11:28:16 PM »

Not sure why that matters.  If we don't look down on or discriminate against people for their sexuality, then I don't understand handing out kudos for it either.
It shouldn't but the fact we are still breaking down these barriers in 2018 make it matter. it matters this will be the most diverse congress ever. The first two native women, the first two women muslim, the first black congresswoman from Massacusetts, the first two hispanic women from Texas, the first two women from Iowa. The youngest women ever elected. The first openly gay governor. It is sad in 2018 we are still having to break these barriers. I can't wait for the day it no longer matters.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2246 on: November 14, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »

Did all you guys remember your costumes last week so you could vote twice illegally? Also, don't forget your ID the next time you want to buy cereal.  rofl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2247 on: November 15, 2018, 07:16:01 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-endorses-bipartisan-criminal-justice-reform-bill/2018/11/14/9be8f926-e84c-11e8-bd89-eecf3b178206_story.html?utm_term=.134ec674dec7

If this actually passes and gets to the president he absolutely deserves credit for this. This would be a good first step.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2248 on: November 15, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »

It shouldn't but the fact we are still breaking down these barriers in 2018 make it matter. it matters this will be the most diverse congress ever. The first two native women, the first two women muslim, the first black congresswoman from Massacusetts, the first two hispanic women from Texas, the first two women from Iowa. The youngest women ever elected. The first openly gay governor. It is sad in 2018 we are still having to break these barriers. I can't wait for the day it no longer matters.

It doesn't matter to me now, so we are making progress.  hihi

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:59:55 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2249 on: November 15, 2018, 07:47:12 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-endorses-bipartisan-criminal-justice-reform-bill/2018/11/14/9be8f926-e84c-11e8-bd89-eecf3b178206_story.html?utm_term=.134ec674dec7

If this actually passes and gets to the president he absolutely deserves credit for this. This would be a good first step.

True, this is a good thing to see. Need more of this.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2250 on: November 16, 2018, 12:32:13 AM »

True, this is a good thing to see. Need more of this.
I think as is it can be improved but this is a good starting place.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2251 on: November 16, 2018, 12:33:59 AM »

It doesn't matter to me now, so we are making progress.  hihi

it's a great thing to see.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2252 on: November 16, 2018, 02:18:41 AM »

It's called representation. Kind of important in a representative democracy, don't you think?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2253 on: November 16, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »

It's called representation. Kind of important in a representative democracy, don't you think?

Representation is great as long as it's the best person for the job.  I tend to vote blue but it frustrates me when liberals push diversity for diversity's sake.  The backlash to that gave us the current shit show we have in the White House.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2254 on: November 17, 2018, 01:09:23 AM »

Representation is great as long as it's the best person for the job.  I tend to vote blue but it frustrates me when liberals push diversity for diversity's sake.  The backlash to that gave us the current shit show we have in the White House.
Certainly we want the best for the job. With politicians that is more subjective though. I mean obviously we all want someone highly intelligent and that understands how government works, but based on their views and policy ideas what you think might be the right person for the job wouldn't for someone else. Hopefully all these women that were elected for the first time will be amazing representatives for the people they represent.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2255 on: November 19, 2018, 02:45:25 AM »

Okay, but these women were not elected to fill a quota. They were elected by the people based on their merits just like anyone else. And when simply being a woman is seen as a detraction, as it has for most of our history in this country, there needs to be some corrective action. I mean, we're brushing upon the affirmative action discussion here. There are no quotas and it is not suggesting that race or gender be the only factor, but one among many. If we have equally qualified male and female candidates, we should go with the woman because women are underrepresented in positions of power.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2256 on: November 19, 2018, 04:32:41 AM »

That is exactly what i am trying to say. We need more qualified women in power. The old white guys who are terrible on issues important to women need to go.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: November 20, 2018, 11:27:47 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/417729-trump-wanted-doj-to-prosecute-clinton-comey-report%3famp
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2258 on: November 24, 2018, 07:39:36 AM »

I guess Gypsy and the Senator are too busy raking in Finland to comment on this or Ivanka’s email scandal despite bordering on hysterics over Hillary’s similar scandal hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2259 on: November 24, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »

I guess Gypsy and the Senator are too busy raking in Finland to comment on this or Ivanka’s email scandal despite bordering on hysterics over Hillary’s similar scandal hihi

Can't/Won't speak for Senator Blutarsky.  He can very capably do that himself.

IMO that article was written slanted left but I agree with the President as far as Clinton and/or Comey should be, at the very least, investigated. (I believe Comey was recently served with a subpoena).  It boggles my mind how the Bernie supporters weren't/aren't up in arms over how he got screwed over and how in the end, Bernie kissed up and supported Hillary's ass.  What she did to Bernie has to fall under some kind of campaign obstruction/violations, don't you think??

I respectfully defer to Jarmo's expertise on all things concerning Finland.  I do however agree with the President that our forests need to be better maintained (i.e., clearing brush, fallen/dead trees etc).

Never was a fan of Ivanka's even though many of the people in the administration that I do respect seem to hold her in high regard.  From what I've read/heard, Ivanka's use of her personal email for her business in the White House is nowhere near the (alleged) criminality of what Hillary did but she (Ivanka) must be some level of a moron to do anything like that with all the continuing scrutiny of what Hilary did.  Without really knowing what Ivanka's actual role/purpose in the White House is, it wouldn't bother me in the least if her White House privileges were restricted/revoked.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: